F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > New iDrive Navigation Professional system for F30, ActiveHybrid 3, 5 Series, 7 series
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #529
SamS
Brigadier General
61

 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,551
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHakim View Post
Took delivery today? How is NBT? BTW, they could release MY14 vehicles in March.
Yes, took delivery today, and I'm on the road. AH3 and NBT are both fantastic. Further thoughts and pictures to come Sunday or Monday.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #530
claykin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
22

 
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida


Posts: 1,893
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHakim View Post
BTW, they could release MY14 vehicles in March.
Very unlikely for F30. Very.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #531
DJHakim
Second Lieutenant
4

 
DJHakim's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i xDrive
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 286
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Very unlikely for F30. Very.
A shop foreman seemed to think it could happen and the 320i lineup was released this month (weird). Seems like anything goes with BMW these days!
__________________
F30 (2013 328xi): Step, ZCP, Nav, PDC, Alarm, Shades, GS Metallic
E90 (2009 328xi): Step, ZCP, iDrive, BMW Assist, PDC, Alarm, Shades, SG Metallic [Retired]
E90 (2006 325xi): Step, ZSP, ZCP, iDrive, BMW Assist, PDC, CA, Xenons, Shades, CrO3 Exhaust, TiAg Metallic [Retired]
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #532
Tsuvoi
Banned
6

 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York


Posts: 272
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHakim View Post
A shop foreman seemed to think it could happen and the 320i lineup was released this month (weird). Seems like anything goes with BMW these days!
You've been posting this a lot on the 'Fest and here. The foreman thought that there "could" be a way that it "might" get released in March? Wouldn't we be aware by now? I'm thinking that at least sales people would know by now.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #533
claykin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
22

 
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida


Posts: 1,893
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHakim View Post
A shop foreman seemed to think it could happen and the 320i lineup was released this month (weird). Seems like anything goes with BMW these days!
Ask the shop foreman to check the parts catalog. Recent updates show the current CIC to be used through start of July produxtion.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 01:25 AM   #534
DJHakim
Second Lieutenant
4

 
DJHakim's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i xDrive
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 286
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft1337 View Post
You've been posting this a lot on the 'Fest and here. The foreman thought that there "could" be a way that it "might" get released in March? Wouldn't we be aware by now? I'm thinking that at least sales people would know by now.
No, the foreman mentioned that MY14 could start in March 2013. He did not mention the availability of NBT in March. Still hoping, though...
__________________
F30 (2013 328xi): Step, ZCP, Nav, PDC, Alarm, Shades, GS Metallic
E90 (2009 328xi): Step, ZCP, iDrive, BMW Assist, PDC, Alarm, Shades, SG Metallic [Retired]
E90 (2006 325xi): Step, ZSP, ZCP, iDrive, BMW Assist, PDC, CA, Xenons, Shades, CrO3 Exhaust, TiAg Metallic [Retired]
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 01:28 AM   #535
DJHakim
Second Lieutenant
4

 
DJHakim's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i xDrive
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 286
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Ask the shop foreman to check the parts catalog. Recent updates show the current CIC to be used through start of July produxtion.
I meant to ask you if you've seen any parts changes in Jan 2013 parts listings. I realize CIC parts were not supposed to change (except for the LCD), but BMW has not been very consistent or predictable lately, IMO.
__________________
F30 (2013 328xi): Step, ZCP, Nav, PDC, Alarm, Shades, GS Metallic
E90 (2009 328xi): Step, ZCP, iDrive, BMW Assist, PDC, Alarm, Shades, SG Metallic [Retired]
E90 (2006 325xi): Step, ZSP, ZCP, iDrive, BMW Assist, PDC, CA, Xenons, Shades, CrO3 Exhaust, TiAg Metallic [Retired]
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #536
claykin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
22

 
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida


Posts: 1,893
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHakim View Post
I meant to ask you if you've seen any parts changes in Jan 2013 parts listings. I realize CIC parts were not supposed to change (except for the LCD), but BMW has not been very consistent or predictable lately, IMO.
Latest parts catalog I've seen is November 2012. Nav system clearly shows through 7/2013 which means a change is coming for 7/2013 (as of the date the catalog was printed). Things change all the time with BMW, but I suspect something like this is scheduled well in advance.

The December LCD p/n change doesn't mean much about the NBT Nav change. More than likely the LCD supplier(s) had a part change so BMW was updating same. Or they found someone to sell them an LCD for $2 less.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #537
Tsuvoi
Banned
6

 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York


Posts: 272
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHakim View Post
No, the foreman mentioned that MY14 could start in March 2013. He did not mention the availability of NBT in March. Still hoping, though...
Yes that's what I'm saying, I meant MY14 coming in March is very unlikely.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #538
TheObviousChild
First Lieutenant
United_States
7

 
TheObviousChild's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335xi - M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Broomfield, CO


Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

I have my car in for the ASS coding and got a brand new 535 loaner. Nice car all around, but I have to say, while the new iDrive is definitely snappier, I'm glad I didn't wait for it in the F30.

535 also has the HUD which I do think is really nice, but I won't really be missing it when I get my car back.
__________________
2013 BMW 335xi EBII over Coral Red / ///M sport / Premium / Cold Weather / 6MT / Nav / Dynamic Handling / HK audio
Previous: 2010 328i / MT
Previous: 2007 328i / AT (boo)
Previous: 2004 325i / MT
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #539
SamS
Brigadier General
61

 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,551
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObviousChild View Post
I have my car in for the ASS coding and got a brand new 535 loaner. Nice car all around, but I have to say, while the new iDrive is definitely snappier, I'm glad I didn't wait for it in the F30.

535 also has the HUD which I do think is really nice, but I won't really be missing it when I get my car back.
Those of us that got the new Nav, could never go back
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 10:56 PM   #540
DJHakim
Second Lieutenant
4

 
DJHakim's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i xDrive
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 286
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Yes, took delivery today, and I'm on the road. AH3 and NBT are both fantastic. Further thoughts and pictures to come Sunday or Monday.
Posted those thoughts & photos yet?
__________________
F30 (2013 328xi): Step, ZCP, Nav, PDC, Alarm, Shades, GS Metallic
E90 (2009 328xi): Step, ZCP, iDrive, BMW Assist, PDC, Alarm, Shades, SG Metallic [Retired]
E90 (2006 325xi): Step, ZSP, ZCP, iDrive, BMW Assist, PDC, CA, Xenons, Shades, CrO3 Exhaust, TiAg Metallic [Retired]
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #541
SamS
Brigadier General
61

 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,551
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHakim View Post
Posted those thoughts & photos yet?
Ah shoot.. wrapped up with too many other things right now. There's one photo and some commentary in this thread: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...2#post13340862

I'm actually kind of frustrated with the new Nav, regarding one thing: when I'm playing music from my iPhone 5 via USB connection, I'm unable to force other audio (i.e. internet radio apps) from my phone to play through the car stereo. I can launch for example the Live365 app, and it will start streaming for about 1 second, then the normal iPod music on my phone overrides and starts to play.

This was not the behavior when I used the Media cradle + iPhone 4 on my 2012 M3 with Nav.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 01:52 AM   #542
jdong
Lieutenant
8

 
Drives: 2013 BMW ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NorCal


Posts: 503
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHakim View Post
Posted those thoughts & photos yet?
Ah shoot.. wrapped up with too many other things right now. There's one photo and some commentary in this thread: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...2#post13340862

I'm actually kind of frustrated with the new Nav, regarding one thing: when I'm playing music from my iPhone 5 via USB connection, I'm unable to force other audio (i.e. internet radio apps) from my phone to play through the car stereo. I can launch for example the Live365 app, and it will start streaming for about 1 second, then the normal iPod music on my phone overrides and starts to play.

This was not the behavior when I used the Media cradle + iPhone 4 on my 2012 M3 with Nav.
Hmm I had that problem on my first day but it seems like it got better somehow. I think iOS has a limited number of times it tries to play the iPod content before giving up and just accepting what you play. My old Audi had the same behavior.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 01:16 AM   #543
DJHakim
Second Lieutenant
4

 
DJHakim's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i xDrive
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 286
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Ah shoot.. wrapped up with too many other things right now. There's one photo and some commentary in this thread: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...2#post13340862
...
Does NBT speak street names? Save phone numbers in the Last Destinations list?
__________________
F30 (2013 328xi): Step, ZCP, Nav, PDC, Alarm, Shades, GS Metallic
E90 (2009 328xi): Step, ZCP, iDrive, BMW Assist, PDC, Alarm, Shades, SG Metallic [Retired]
E90 (2006 325xi): Step, ZSP, ZCP, iDrive, BMW Assist, PDC, CA, Xenons, Shades, CrO3 Exhaust, TiAg Metallic [Retired]
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 01:54 AM   #544
JonoNZ
First Lieutenant
New Zealand
9

 
Drives: F30 335i M Sport, M Perf
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Auckland, New Zealand


Posts: 339
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHakim View Post
Does NBT speak street names? Save phone numbers in the Last Destinations list?
It speaks street names in New Zealand.
__________________
F30 335i M-Sport with Estoril Blue II, M Performance Aero Kit, M Performance Exhaust, M Performance PPK, Adaptive Suspension, Variable Sport Steering, Revised NBT Pro Nav, Sunroof, 19" 403M, HUD, Rear Camera, DAB+, Comfort Access (20121250 Build, Delivered 25 January 2013)
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #545
SamS
Brigadier General
61

 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,551
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHakim View Post
Does NBT speak street names? Save phone numbers in the Last Destinations list?
I seem to recall that it speaks street names. I'll have to check again for you. The last time I used guidance, I was on major freeways.

Not sure what you mean about last destinations + phone numbers. One thing it does that I don't recall the old Nav doing, is pressing the phone button on the steering wheel brings up last outbound dialed numbers, which is fantastic.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #546
DJHakim
Second Lieutenant
4

 
DJHakim's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i xDrive
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 286
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
...
Not sure what you mean about last destinations + phone numbers. ...
In CCC+CIC, POI destinations autosaved in the "Last Destinations" list. Like a recent calls list. An issue I had was that only the address was saved in that list. If I wanted to call the POI, I'd have to search for the POI again to get its number and call.
__________________
F30 (2013 328xi): Step, ZCP, Nav, PDC, Alarm, Shades, GS Metallic
E90 (2009 328xi): Step, ZCP, iDrive, BMW Assist, PDC, Alarm, Shades, SG Metallic [Retired]
E90 (2006 325xi): Step, ZSP, ZCP, iDrive, BMW Assist, PDC, CA, Xenons, Shades, CrO3 Exhaust, TiAg Metallic [Retired]
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #547
SamS
Brigadier General
61

 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,551
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHakim View Post
In CCC+CIC, POI destinations autosaved in the "Last Destinations" list. Like a recent calls list. An issue I had was that only the address was saved in that list. If I wanted to call the POI, I'd have to search for the POI again to get its number and call.
I don't often search by POI, but I'll try to remember to give it shot next I'm in in the car.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #548
SamS
Brigadier General
61

 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,551
iTrader: (0)

I did find a solution to my iPhone-iPod-music-overriding-streaming-streaming-services-while-connected-to-USB problem

There may be other/simpler ways, but this seems to work:

1) Launch Pandora (or could be Mog, or other BMW Apps app) BEFORE you start iPhone/iPod playback
2) Start playback of Pandora via ConnectedDrive/BMW Apps.
3) Press Home button on iPhone, launch your streaming app.

The car still seems to think it's in the ConnectedDrive audio menu, as evidenced by the Entertainment details screen. You can now consistently play back any other audio service via your iPhone without the iPod audio overriding what you're doing. Good times! The only drawback so far is lack of ability to skip tracks via the steering wheel. That is OK in my situation, as I have the iPhone docked just ahead of my iDrive knob, so I can change tracks or navigate while stopped.

This is actually better than what I had in my M3 + cradle. When the iPhone is docked in the cradle, it was really impossible to launch an app, change a Live365 preset, etc.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #549
jdong
Lieutenant
8

 
Drives: 2013 BMW ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NorCal


Posts: 503
iTrader: (0)

Why not just use Bluetooth audio? Honestly I haven't really used any of the ConnectedDrive iPhone capabilities regularly.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #550
SamS
Brigadier General
61

 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,551
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdong View Post
Why not just use Bluetooth audio? Honestly I haven't really used any of the ConnectedDrive iPhone capabilities regularly.
The sound quality of audio via Bluetooth is substandard, compared to the USB connection.

Plus, when listening to Pandora via USB, you can thumbs up/down and skip to a next track or change your channel.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2012 bmw idrive, 2012 bmw navigation, bmw 609 navgation, bmw idrive 2012, bmw navigation 2012, bmw navigation 609, bmw navigation professional, bmw navigation professional system, new bmw idrive, new bmw idrive navigation, new bmw nav, new bmw navigation, new bmw navigation 609, new bmw navigation professional, new f30 idrive, new f30 navigation

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST