F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > More Pictures Please!
MINHS Auto Care Center
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #23
MiloMia
First Lieutenant
MiloMia's Avatar
5
Rep
361
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30 335i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Miami

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
I keep trying to want a different color, but you just can't beat black...
Yes, I love the white, my E92 was AW. But, this colors amazing.
__________________
2012 BSM F30 335i:H&R Sport/
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #24
brandon @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
brandon @ eas's Avatar
United_States
226
Rep
3,552
Posts


 
Drives: F30 335i M-sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: So-Cal

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextoy View Post
Looks great all blacked out like that!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #25
brandon @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
brandon @ eas's Avatar
United_States
226
Rep
3,552
Posts


 
Drives: F30 335i M-sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: So-Cal

iTrader: (10)

Nothing special, just 18's and painted reflectors so far







Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #26
Number
Number's Avatar
32
Rep
1,235
Posts

 
Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloMia View Post
BSM Dropped on H&R sport.
We can be evil twins. You're Snake Eyes, I'm Storm Shadow.

(PS: sorry about the dirty car. Still haven't washed it)
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #27
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Maz335i's Avatar
Canada
57
Rep
3,225
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloMia View Post
BSM Dropped on H&R sport.
We can be evil twins. You're Snake Eyes, I'm Storm Shadow.

(PS: sorry about the dirty car. Still haven't washed it)

Wow! Are those 19" rims?

And definitely Alpine White FTW!!! This colour rocks!!!

Your car is awesome bro!!!
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #28
Number
Number's Avatar
32
Rep
1,235
Posts

 
Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
Wow! Are those 19" rims?

And definitely Alpine White FTW!!! This colour rocks!!!

Your car is awesome bro!!!
Yep. The 401 style 19" wheels. They're not as aggressive looking compared to the Sport Line wheels, but I can live with it. The diameter mattered more to me. They might be a little to soft and classy for the M-sport bumper when I get it... but we'll see. I'm stuck with them for at least 4 years.

Last edited by Number; 05-26-2012 at 03:21 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #29
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Maz335i's Avatar
Canada
57
Rep
3,225
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

What will you do with the M Sport bumper if you return your car after the 4 year lease?

I thought the 18" and 19" rims were the same design but different in size? :
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 12:23 AM   #30
ric124
Lieutenant Colonel
ric124's Avatar
Jamaica
28
Rep
1,556
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i SP 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
here are some more pics, car is dirty but was playing around with that facebook camera app.


__________________
Timeline: 335i Sport W/ Adaptive M suspension| Sport Variable steering| Technology PKG| HK Sound PKG| BMW apps| BMW Assist| Sport line hand brake grip| M Performance black kidneys|
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 01:25 AM   #31
DrivenByE30
Colonel
DrivenByE30's Avatar
France
46
Rep
2,905
Posts

 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
We can be evil twins. You're Snake Eyes, I'm Storm Shadow.

(PS: sorry about the dirty car. Still haven't washed it)
Lucky Dog!


(awesome pics, but mainly awesome car!)
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 03:22 AM   #32
Number
Number's Avatar
32
Rep
1,235
Posts

 
Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Lucky Dog!


(awesome pics, but mainly awesome car!)
When is your's due to arrive?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #33
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
SCBimmerKid's Avatar
9
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: Mineral Grey F30
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hilton Head, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
We can be evil twins. You're Snake Eyes, I'm Storm Shadow.

(PS: sorry about the dirty car. Still haven't washed it)
hahaha looks like you have a spy in the backseat
__________________

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 08:50 AM   #34
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
Netherlands
82
Rep
4,696
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe

iTrader: (0)

Click the pic:
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #35
DrivenByE30
Colonel
DrivenByE30's Avatar
France
46
Rep
2,905
Posts

 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Click the pic:
Yes Master, i did...

i had too... Jack Black is my leader...


Nice Clio and Corsa !
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #36
DrivenByE30
Colonel
DrivenByE30's Avatar
France
46
Rep
2,905
Posts

 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
When is your's due to arrive?
I want to say sometimes the 2nd half of June... I just hope it's ASAP!

and seeing your car i really want to drop my car too!
probably HR Sport... i wont do the Super Sport...

would you advice me to do the suspension pack too? or is the shorter spring enough?

or should i wait for Biltstein to release their pack ?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #37
Number
Number's Avatar
32
Rep
1,235
Posts

 
Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
I want to say sometimes the 2nd half of June... I just hope it's ASAP!

and seeing your car i really want to drop my car too!
probably HR Sport... i wont do the Super Sport...

would you advice me to do the suspension pack too? or is the shorter spring enough?

or should i wait for Biltstein to release their pack ?
I've been putting a lot of miles on the car since installing H&R Sports. I want it to settle quickly so I can get an alignment. Here are a couple thoughts.

- Sports are supposed to lower the car .8 inch in the front (for Sport Line). But I think it's a tiny bit more than that on a 335i... thanks to the heavier engine.

- I also think it's getting lower as it settles.

- The ride. I came from the Sport Line which is already lowered but with the H&R there is a noticeable decline in ride quality. Some say it's stiffer. I beg to differ. I think it's a little bouncier. Not much. Just a little. There is less travel room in the strut, so you have to be wary of any road hazards. (Before people claim I'm out of my mind, I've had a lot of experience with lowered cars. I've lowered hundreds of cars in my life time. Everything from chopping springs to installing amazing coilover systems with every adjustment possible. Heck, I've been lowering cars as a teenager before I even had a drivers license.).

- THAT BEING SAID. You get used to the ride quite quickly. I only noticed those differences because I'm super particular about my ride comfort. I prefer a more comfy ride vs super stiff and racecar-like. If someone drove your car and you didn't tell them it was lowered, they probably wouldn't notice the difference. My wife didn't notice the difference in ride quality. It still sucks up moderate bumps quite well.

- The springs are supposed to be progressive, so I'm sure they'll stiffen up if you take it around corners at fun speeds.

- For your car, I'm sure you'll see more difference in ride quality since it is the standard height.

- If you lower your car, it's a trade off. Inconvenience + Killer Look.

- If you're serious about ride quality and daily driving, wait for a package. If you're serious about sportiness and great looks, get the H&R Sport Springs now and upgrade when a kit becomes available. It doesn't break the bank to lower on H&R.

Hope this has helped!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #38
Number
Number's Avatar
32
Rep
1,235
Posts

 
Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Click the pic:
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #39
MiloMia
First Lieutenant
MiloMia's Avatar
5
Rep
361
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30 335i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Miami

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
We can be evil twins. You're Snake Eyes, I'm Storm Shadow.

(PS: sorry about the dirty car. Still haven't washed it)
your car's beautiful
__________________
2012 BSM F30 335i:H&R Sport/
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #40
BonanzaNLD
Private
BonanzaNLD's Avatar
Netherlands
2
Rep
63
Posts

 
Drives: waiting for...328i (F30)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Netherlands, The Hague

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL
Click the pic:
It looks awesome

Are you going to change the turn signals into white bulbs/led btw?
__________________
BMW 328i, Innovation Edition, Mineral Grey, Sport Line, 18" double spoke, Anthrazit Roof, Aluminium+Black Gloss, SatNav Business, HiFi, Xenon
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 01:28 AM   #41
Number
Number's Avatar
32
Rep
1,235
Posts

 
Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBimmerKid View Post
hahaha looks like you have a spy in the backseat
Yeah, the little has claimed the entire back seat. And to top if off, he's blowing his coat right now. Black interior, white fur everywhere! Oy vey!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 02:09 AM   #42
DrivenByE30
Colonel
DrivenByE30's Avatar
France
46
Rep
2,905
Posts

 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
I've been putting a lot of miles on the car since installing H&R Sports. I want it to settle quickly so I can get an alignment. Here are a couple thoughts.

- Sports are supposed to lower the car .8 inch in the front (for Sport Line). But I think it's a tiny bit more than that on a 335i... thanks to the heavier engine.

- I also think it's getting lower as it settles.

- The ride. I came from the Sport Line which is already lowered but with the H&R there is a noticeable decline in ride quality. Some say it's stiffer. I beg to differ. I think it's a little bouncier. Not much. Just a little. There is less travel room in the strut, so you have to be wary of any road hazards. (Before people claim I'm out of my mind, I've had a lot of experience with lowered cars. I've lowered hundreds of cars in my life time. Everything from chopping springs to installing amazing coilover systems with every adjustment possible. Heck, I've been lowering cars as a teenager before I even had a drivers license.).

- THAT BEING SAID. You get used to the ride quite quickly. I only noticed those differences because I'm super particular about my ride comfort. I prefer a more comfy ride vs super stiff and racecar-like. If someone drove your car and you didn't tell them it was lowered, they probably wouldn't notice the difference. My wife didn't notice the difference in ride quality. It still sucks up moderate bumps quite well.

- The springs are supposed to be progressive, so I'm sure they'll stiffen up if you take it around corners at fun speeds.

- For your car, I'm sure you'll see more difference in ride quality since it is the standard height.

- If you lower your car, it's a trade off. Inconvenience + Killer Look.

- If you're serious about ride quality and daily driving, wait for a package. If you're serious about sportiness and great looks, get the H&R Sport Springs now and upgrade when a kit becomes available. It doesn't break the bank to lower on H&R.

Hope this has helped!
Thanks for your expert opinion!

The H&R sport springs are very affordable... $400 for all 4 corners!

but i think i will wait for a nice pack springs and dampers.
i wont rush for now...



EDIT:
Looks like my wishes are being answered already !!:




NOTICE THE VERY nice LITTLE OFFSET IN THE BACK !! that's what i am after !

Last edited by DrivenByE30; 05-27-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 03:39 AM   #43
GregD
Captain
Belgium
15
Rep
699
Posts

 
Drives: all day long..
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Antwerp

iTrader: (0)

Bilstein > H&R everyday! Would love to see a PSS10 kit for the F30
Nothing mentioned on their site however..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #44
Number
Number's Avatar
32
Rep
1,235
Posts

 
Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Thanks for your expert opinion!

The H&R sport springs are very affordable... $400 for all 4 corners!

but i think i will wait for a nice pack springs and dampers.
i wont rush for now...



EDIT:
Looks like my wishes are being answered already !!:




NOTICE THE VERY nice LITTLE OFFSET IN THE BACK !! that's what i am after !
Isn't that just spacers?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST