F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Bluetooth Problem after HU_NBT Retrofit

Today, 06:57 AM   #1
BeatB
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Bluetooth Problem after HU_NBT Retrofit

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hello guys!

I successfully retrofitted the HU_NBT and replaced the HU_ENTRY.

Before that I had hands free with HU_ENTRY and the bluetooth connection was stable.

After the retrofit the bluetooth connection is very bad. I can only connect to it if the smartphone is between the sun protector and the ceiling (in front of the mic), also streaming music is not a problem from there.
But if the smartphone is in my pocket, I have no signal anymore. Also tried other phones. I have a Sony Xperia ZL with Android 4.4.4. The firmware of the HU is NBT_G (dont know which ilevel)
Also did the update from bmw.com which did not improve anything. I connected the antenna to the beige port. This should be the right port I guess.

I read somewhere in the multimedia description of the F30 that the Bluetooth antenna is situated in the center console. Where exactly is it? How can I change the position of the antenna?

Or should I try another bluetooth antenna? Any advice for which one is necessary for my car? Also aftermarket should be good. I read somewhere that if I connect the existing GPS antenna into the beige bluetooth port then I can use it as bluetooth antenna, is this true?

If noone of this helps then maybe the NBT unit is faulty. I think an bluetooth signal amplifier should solve the problem. But I dont know where to get such an amplifier.

I appreciate every help, because I dont know what to do and I dont want to buy a new NBT.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:21 AM   #2
1lyfe
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

did you plug the beige connector with purple clip back in?
that is your bluetooth antenna.
if you didnt plug it back in or its not in correctly you will have crappy bluetoot hreception
      Today, 10:32 AM   #3
Aritaurus
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i xDrive Cabriolet

Garage List
You can always get one of those $10 3M Bluetooth Antennas on ebay. I've installed a few NBTs for 2014 models and they've been working just like OEM.
Glacier Silver | M Sport Package | Premium Package Enhanced | BMW Connected Drive Professional | 2TB Sport Automatic Transmission with Paddles | M Performance Front Splitter | M Performance Trunk Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:34 AM   #4
BeatB
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Yes I did that.
Also played around with the connector and tried to move a little bit but it did not impove anything. If I remove the connector form the beige port then I have no signal anymiore.
Appreciate 0