F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #2355
shawnsheridan
48
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,658
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XmX32 View Post

I can't believe i forgot to do that
thanks
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #2356
Yobyot
5
Lieutenant
 
Yobyot's Avatar
 
Drives: MY12 F30 ZSL
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 558
iTrader: (0)

BitTorrent transfers

Earlier, I suggested that we should use BitTorrent to share the E-Sys and PSdZData files. This should make it easier on shawnsheridan by lessening reliance on an ISP and should make transfers both more reliable and faster.

Attached to this post are four .torrent files representing the four sets of files I was given access to. You should download the files and remove the .pdf extension, then use them with a good BitTorrent client, either uTorrent or qBitTorrent.

I STRONGLY recommend that you use these torrents and DO NOT rely on the http download links you may get from other members. First, it's clumsy to download all the files individually and second I discovered that the http transfers would sometimes not transfer the whole file. It took days to get all the files downloaded correctly. (I have tested the .rars and .exes to ensure they are OK.)

BitTorrent solves both these problems and will reduce the amount of noise in this thread from "please send me links" and "pm sent" replies. Bottom line: if you are technical enough to code your BMW, you should be able to download these files, rename them and input them into a BitTorrent client.

One more point: as a courtesy to others, PLEASE SEED THESE FILES for the duration. I will seed these long enough for them to get some traction, but if it turns out I am alone supplying bandwidth, I will stop seeding them. With enough long-term seeders, downloading these files should be both fast and reliable.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf PSdZData-48.3.torrent.pdf (37.2 KB, 1050 views)
File Type: pdf PSdZData-48.1.torrent.pdf (39.5 KB, 553 views)
File Type: pdf E-Sys-3.18.4 .torrent.pdf (11.5 KB, 391 views)
File Type: pdf E-Sys-3.22.5.torrent.pdf (17.6 KB, 702 views)
__________________
MY12 335i ZSL with a deep dive into the options list
Produced: 2012-06-22
ED: 2012-07-19; Arrived in Jersey City: 2012-08-23
Redelivered: 2012-09-12
Yobyot is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #2357
theothernguyen
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: '12 Jet Black 328i Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
Earlier, I suggested that we should use BitTorrent to share the E-Sys and PSdZData files. This should make it easier on shawnsheridan by lessening reliance on an ISP and should make transfers both more reliable and faster.

Attached to this post are four .torrent files representing the four sets of files I was given access to. You should download the files and remove the .pdf extension, then use them with a good BitTorrent client, either uTorrent or qBitTorrent.

I STRONGLY recommend that you use these torrents and DO NOT rely on the http download links you may get from other members. First, it's clumsy to download all the files individually and second I discovered that the http transfers would sometimes not transfer the whole file. It took days to get all the files downloaded correctly. (I have tested the .rars and .exes to ensure they are OK.)

BitTorrent solves both these problems and will reduce the amount of noise in this thread from "please send me links" and "pm sent" replies. Bottom line: if you are technical enough to code your BMW, you should be able to download these files, rename them and input them into a BitTorrent client.

One more point: as a courtesy to others, PLEASE SEED THESE FILES for the duration. I will seed these long enough for them to get some traction, but if it turns out I am alone supplying bandwidth, I will stop seeding them. With enough long-term seeders, downloading these files should be both fast and reliable.
Awesome! Any way we can get this put on the front of the thread and keep that updated? Like a Wiki post? I will contribute to seeding what I can tonight!
theothernguyen is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #2358
GaborB
0
New Member
 
Drives: F30 316d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brussels

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaborB View Post
Last week the dealer reprogrammed my car due to power steering issue, which action unfortunately upgraded my integration from F020-12-03-520 to F020-12-11-505. With this obviously I lost all my previos coded values and can't any longer use my old 46.6 data files.

Can I please get a link to the newest ones and maybe an up to date E-sys as well?

Thanks.
I was able to restore most of the previous codings I had, but I want more.

If the hardware in the car allows, I'd like to still enable:
- Live or Internet
- Voice control (i have button on steering, but seems not functioning)
- Album art from USB

I have the following options in SALAPA-Elements:
1CA, 205, 216, 230, 249, 255, 258, 2H3, 2PA, 320, 3DZ, 403, 420, 423, 431, 441, 465, 481, 493, 494, 4AE, 4CE, 4DM, 508, 520, 521, 534, 544, 548, 563, 5DC, 606, 698, 6AA, 6AB, 6NH, 6WA, 7S2, 7VB, 853, 880, 8KA, 8S3, 8SM, 8V1

Car ECUs:
ACSM, DME, DSC, EGS, EKPM2, EPS, FEM_BODY, FEM_GW, FZD, GWS, HU_CHAMP2, ICM, IHKA, KOMBI, REM, ZBE2

Any suggestion how to code them?
I was changing a few values for Live and Album art, but no success yet.

Thanks.
GaborB is offline   Belgium
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #2359
theothernguyen
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: '12 Jet Black 328i Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaborB View Post
I was able to restore most of the previous codings I had, but I want more.

If the hardware in the car allows, I'd like to still enable:
- Live or Internet
- Voice control (i have button on steering, but seems not functioning)
- Album art from USB

I have the following options in SALAPA-Elements:
1CA, 205, 216, 230, 249, 255, 258, 2H3, 2PA, 320, 3DZ, 403, 420, 423, 431, 441, 465, 481, 493, 494, 4AE, 4CE, 4DM, 508, 520, 521, 534, 544, 548, 563, 5DC, 606, 698, 6AA, 6AB, 6NH, 6WA, 7S2, 7VB, 853, 880, 8KA, 8S3, 8SM, 8V1

Car ECUs:
ACSM, DME, DSC, EGS, EKPM2, EPS, FEM_BODY, FEM_GW, FZD, GWS, HU_CHAMP2, ICM, IHKA, KOMBI, REM, ZBE2

Any suggestion how to code them?
I was changing a few values for Live and Album art, but no success yet.

Thanks.
From a previous post,
Quote:
It seems:

Radio Professional+6NH=No combox

606+6NH=No combox

609+6NH=Castrated combox.
Thus, there would be no way for you to get album art over apple white USB cable without a combox.

Are you able to physically check underneath the floorboard in the trunk and look for a combox (you simply lift up the floor and pull out the cover in the trunk)? it looks like this http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...iri/Combox.jpg

Directions to add Album art, Bluetooth audio streaming and white apple USB cable capabilities are here if you have the combox:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=2041
and
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=2043
theothernguyen is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #2360
GaborB
0
New Member
 
Drives: F30 316d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brussels

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theothernguyen View Post
From a previous post,


Thus, there would be no way for you to get album art over apple white USB cable without a combox.

Are you able to physically check underneath the floorboard in the trunk and look for a combox (you simply lift up the floor and pull out the cover in the trunk)? it looks like this http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...iri/Combox.jpg

Directions to add Album art, Bluetooth audio streaming and white apple USB cable capabilities are here if you have the combox:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=2041
and
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=2043
Thanks, but I'm not using iPod or iPhone. I wanna have album art from a USB stick, and I have jpg cover picture added to tags by mediamonkey.

I have no combox in the trunk, but as far as I recall, some of the members were able to code album art with similar car config, I just don't seem to find the steps/coded values.
GaborB is offline   Belgium
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #2361
Yobyot
5
Lieutenant
 
Yobyot's Avatar
 
Drives: MY12 F30 ZSL
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 558
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theothernguyen View Post
Awesome! Any way we can get this put on the front of the thread and keep that updated? Like a Wiki post? I will contribute to seeding what I can tonight!
Thanks for seeding.

The forum sysadmin would have to move this post -- and the thread is already a sticky. I don't know of another way to let people know, but when people come here and ask for the files, the best thing to do would be to reply with a link to the post that has the .torrent files in it.

That way, when this thread grows to 200 pages, there's likely to be a recent reference to the post in the last couple of pages.
__________________
MY12 335i ZSL with a deep dive into the options list
Produced: 2012-06-22
ED: 2012-07-19; Arrived in Jersey City: 2012-08-23
Redelivered: 2012-09-12
Yobyot is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #2362
Frogman
17
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Frogman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,767
iTrader: (0)

You could start a new thread and maybe we can get it to be made sticky!
Frogman is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #2363
XmX32
0
New Member
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: florida

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

I'm have E-sys v 3.22.5 and don't seem to have an EDIABAS folder, i'm a little clueless as to why it didn't come packaged with the E-sys v 3.22.5?
and how do i get it?
XmX32 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2013, 04:53 AM   #2364
shawnsheridan
48
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,658
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XmX32 View Post
I'm have E-sys v 3.22.5 and don't seem to have an EDIABAS folder, i'm a little clueless as to why it didn't come packaged with the E-sys v 3.22.5?
and how do i get it?
Because the assumption is you started with 3.18.4, which included EDIABAS, and that you were up an running already so that all that was needed was the updated E-Sys.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #2365
kon
4
Lieutenant
 
Drives: F30 316i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sillypore

Posts: 454
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
Earlier, I suggested that we should use BitTorrent to share the E-Sys and PSdZData files. This should make it easier on shawnsheridan by lessening reliance on an ISP and should make transfers both more reliable and faster.

Attached to this post are four .torrent files representing the four sets of files I was given access to. You should download the files and remove the .pdf extension, then use them with a good BitTorrent client, either uTorrent or qBitTorrent.

I STRONGLY recommend that you use these torrents and DO NOT rely on the http download links you may get from other members. First, it's clumsy to download all the files individually and second I discovered that the http transfers would sometimes not transfer the whole file. It took days to get all the files downloaded correctly. (I have tested the .rars and .exes to ensure they are OK.)

BitTorrent solves both these problems and will reduce the amount of noise in this thread from "please send me links" and "pm sent" replies. Bottom line: if you are technical enough to code your BMW, you should be able to download these files, rename them and input them into a BitTorrent client.

One more point: as a courtesy to others, PLEASE SEED THESE FILES for the duration. I will seed these long enough for them to get some traction, but if it turns out I am alone supplying bandwidth, I will stop seeding them. With enough long-term seeders, downloading these files should be both fast and reliable.
stupid question, how do I start seeding without first downloading all over again? I already have the files!
kon is offline   Singapore
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #2366
Yobyot
5
Lieutenant
 
Yobyot's Avatar
 
Drives: MY12 F30 ZSL
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 558
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
stupid question, how do I start seeding without first downloading all over again? I already have the files!
It depends on the client. But they are all the same in essence. Start the client then tell it to "download" to the directory where the files are. If your files are EXACTLY like the ones in the torrent, it should start seeding them. IOW, if all the pieces (the BitTorrent kind) line up, the BitTorrent client will know it doesn't have to re-download them. You should also set the client to seed forever -- some are set to only seed for a percentage of content downloaded.

Thanks for helping out. We're about 48 hours into this and so far, I haven't seen any other seeders. It may be early, but it looks like people are just downloading then stopping. This isn't "the BitTorrent way." This is a community: if you download the files, you should give back some bandwidth in the form of seeding.
__________________
MY12 335i ZSL with a deep dive into the options list
Produced: 2012-06-22
ED: 2012-07-19; Arrived in Jersey City: 2012-08-23
Redelivered: 2012-09-12
Yobyot is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #2367
clarence
15
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 1,544
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaborB View Post
Thanks, but I'm not using iPod or iPhone. I wanna have album art from a USB stick, and I have jpg cover picture added to tags by mediamonkey.

I have no combox in the trunk, but as far as I recall, some of the members were able to code album art with similar car config, I just don't seem to find the steps/coded values.
Not sure abt album art on usb stick, but u definitely can enable BMW Live (ask demge01) with ur spec. All it needs is bt data transfer.
Voice control is I think not possible cos it needs the presence of combox.
clarence is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #2368
theothernguyen
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: '12 Jet Black 328i Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
It depends on the client. But they are all the same in essence. Start the client then tell it to "download" to the directory where the files are. If your files are EXACTLY like the ones in the torrent, it should start seeding them. IOW, if all the pieces (the BitTorrent kind) line up, the BitTorrent client will know it doesn't have to re-download them. You should also set the client to seed forever -- some are set to only seed for a percentage of content downloaded.

Thanks for helping out. We're about 48 hours into this and so far, I haven't seen any other seeders. It may be early, but it looks like people are just downloading then stopping. This isn't "the BitTorrent way." This is a community: if you download the files, you should give back some bandwidth in the form of seeding.
This was my exact question as well. I have most of the files already. But didn't get a chance to set up the BT seeding with what I have yesterday since I got home so late. Hopefully tonight.

Are people actually downloading from the torrent? Is there a download count?
theothernguyen is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #2369
Yobyot
5
Lieutenant
 
Yobyot's Avatar
 
Drives: MY12 F30 ZSL
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 558
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theothernguyen View Post
This was my exact question as well. I have most of the files already. But didn't get a chance to set up the BT seeding with what I have yesterday since I got home so late. Hopefully tonight.

Are people actually downloading from the torrent? Is there a download count?
As of this moment (01:00 or so UTC on 30 January), there are several people downloading the PSdZData files -- both 48.1 and 48.3. It's sucking up over 2Mbps of my bandwidth, so there are some fast peers out there crankin' up. This means, of course, that if these peers take the whole torrent and then seed it, future downloaders will get the files very, very fast.
__________________
MY12 335i ZSL with a deep dive into the options list
Produced: 2012-06-22
ED: 2012-07-19; Arrived in Jersey City: 2012-08-23
Redelivered: 2012-09-12
Yobyot is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #2370
kon
4
Lieutenant
 
Drives: F30 316i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sillypore

Posts: 454
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
It depends on the client. But they are all the same in essence. Start the client then tell it to "download" to the directory where the files are. If your files are EXACTLY like the ones in the torrent, it should start seeding them. IOW, if all the pieces (the BitTorrent kind) line up, the BitTorrent client will know it doesn't have to re-download them. You should also set the client to seed forever -- some are set to only seed for a percentage of content downloaded.

Thanks for helping out. We're about 48 hours into this and so far, I haven't seen any other seeders. It may be early, but it looks like people are just downloading then stopping. This isn't "the BitTorrent way." This is a community: if you download the files, you should give back some bandwidth in the form of seeding.
I'm probably one of them sucking your bandwidth at the moment as I just left it running overnight and couldn't figure out how to line up the files, will probably try later today when I'm home
kon is offline   Singapore
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #2371
ykau
0
Private
 
Drives: F30 320I
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

isn't torrent from USA to SG is slowed? Copy the files into CD and DHL over is even faster! lol
ykau is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #2372
reidpath
0
Private
 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: DC/Maryland

Posts: 94
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothernguyen View Post
This was my exact question as well. I have most of the files already. But didn't get a chance to set up the BT seeding with what I have yesterday since I got home so late. Hopefully tonight.

Are people actually downloading from the torrent? Is there a download count?
As of this moment (01:00 or so UTC on 30 January), there are several people downloading the PSdZData files -- both 48.1 and 48.3. It's sucking up over 2Mbps of my bandwidth, so there are some fast peers out there crankin' up. This means, of course, that if these peers take the whole torrent and then seed it, future downloaders will get the files very, very fast.
I'll start seeding from my fios shortly. 150/75
reidpath is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #2373
hirokouji
0
New Member
 
Drives: 320i Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tokyo

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Hello.
I've coded a FEM_BODY.
Then, the door is now locked automatically start running.
I do not have code there.
What would I do I undo.

E-sys3.18.4
48.2

Last edited by hirokouji; 01-30-2013 at 12:28 AM.
hirokouji is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #2374
Frogman
17
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Frogman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,767
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirokouji View Post
Hello.
I've coded a FEM_BODY.
Then, the door is now locked automatically start running.
What would I do I undo.
The FEM_BODY coding sometimes resets some settings. This happens to me too.

Go to Settings -> Door Locks and clear the "Lock after start to drive". Some other settings may have changed too.

Sometimes when I code, I first save the profiles to a USB stick, then code, then restore the profiles.

Also, sometimes my mirror positions get reset.
Frogman is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #2375
hirokouji
0
New Member
 
Drives: 320i Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tokyo

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
The FEM_BODY coding sometimes resets some settings. This happens to me too.

Go to Settings -> Door Locks and clear the "Lock after start to drive". Some other settings may have changed too.

Sometimes when I code, I first save the profiles to a USB stick, then code, then restore the profiles.

Also, sometimes my mirror positions get reset.
Many thanks
Are there any coding to set the default item of "Lock after start to drive" way?
hirokouji is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #2376
williammm
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Singapore

Posts: 47
iTrader: (0)

Is there anyway i can code my side mirror to close automatically when i lock my car via key fob?
williammm is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
3 series coding, 3 series f30, 3 series f30 coding, 3 series f30 forum, 3 series forum, 3-series forum, 5 series f10 coding, ass, ass disable, auto start stop, auto start stop disable, bmw 3 series coding, bmw 3 series f30, bmw 3 series forum, bmw 3-series f30, bmw 3-series forum, bmw 5 series coding, bmw auto start stop disable, bmw auto start stop disabling, bmw coding, bmw coding directions, bmw coding diy, bmw coding instructions, bmw diy, bmw diy forum, bmw f10 coding, bmw f30, bmw f30 3 series, bmw f30 3-series, bmw f30 coding, bmw f30 forum, coding 3 series, coding f30, coding f30 3 series, disable ass, disable auto start stop, disable bmw auto start stop, disabling auto start stop, disabling bmw auto start stop, f10 5 series coding, f10 coding, f30 3 series, f30 3 series coding, f30 3 series forum, f30 3-series, f30 3-series forum, f30 coding, f30 forum, f30 forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST