F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-06-2012, 05:44 AM   #331
TonyS
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
10
Rep
599
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: South West

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
Sorry - one more question. RE:

06) Copy the contents of the "C:\ESysData\psdzdata\swe" folder into the "C:\ESysData\SWE" folder.

Can I delete the files in "C:\ESysData\psdzdata\swe" once I move them. Files are about 15GB and running on an ultrabook (120GB SSD), so don't want to use up more space if I don't need to. Can you please let me know.

Also - can I actually run all of the folders off of an extneral drive as opposed to my C: drive?
As far as I know it needs those files in both places, which is a ridiculous waste of disk space.

From what others have said, if you are running Vista or Windows 7 you can set up a symbolic link to make Windows think that you have the files in C:\ESysData\SWE without having to make a duplicate copy.

Here's what I did (note that I haven't tested this on the car yet as I'm still waiting for it to be delivered but the program runs fine) :-

Delete the SWE folder under C:\ESysData (it should be empty).
Run a CMD prompt with administrator privileges.
Enter this at the prompt (without the quotes):
"mklink /d C:\ESysData\SWE C:\ESysData\psdzdata\swe"
You should get a message back that says:
"symbolic link created for C:\ESysData\SWE <<===>> C:\ESysData\psdzdata\swe"

Now Windows will think there's a folder C:\ESysData\SWE and it should work.

As always, try this at your own risk ;-)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #332
Silver F30
New Member
Silver F30's Avatar
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: F30 Sportline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (0)

@ martinf79 You should be able to run the files from an external harddrive provided that you point to where the files are in E-Sys under the options>settings and then there is a tab somewhere there that will let you specify where the files are. Sorry I don't have E-Sys up right now as I am at work right now.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #333
martinf79
Captain
martinf79's Avatar
30
Rep
640
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyS View Post
As far as I know it needs those files in both places, which is a ridiculous waste of disk space.

From what others have said, if you are running Vista or Windows 7 you can set up a symbolic link to make Windows think that you have the files in C:\ESysData\SWE without having to make a duplicate copy.

Here's what I did (note that I haven't tested this on the car yet as I'm still waiting for it to be delivered but the program runs fine) :-

Delete the SWE folder under C:\ESysData (it should be empty).
Run a CMD prompt with administrator privileges.
Enter this at the prompt (without the quotes):
"mklink /d C:\ESysData\SWE C:\ESysData\psdzdata\swe"
You should get a message back that says:
"symbolic link created for C:\ESysData\SWE <<===>> C:\ESysData\psdzdata\swe"

Now Windows will think there's a folder C:\ESysData\SWE and it should work.

As always, try this at your own risk ;-)
Great - thanks. If I run it off of an external hard drive, space isn't an issue (I'll just leave the files in both places). I have the cable ... I have the program installed... now I just need a car!!!
__________________

2013 335i ///M-Sport | MPPK ON ORDER | AW | BD Leather | 19 M3 ZCP Wheels | M-Sport Brakes | Adaptive M-Suspension | Variable Sport Steering | Premium Package | Enhanced Bluetooth | Sirius | BMW Apps | Heads Up Display | Speed Limit Info | M Performance Grill | Front/Rear Painted Reflectors | Coded
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #334
TonyS
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
10
Rep
599
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: South West

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
I have the cable ... I have the program installed... now I just need a car!!!
You and me both!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #335
Yobyot
Lieutenant
Yobyot's Avatar
15
Rep
558
Posts

 
Drives: MY12 F30 ZSL
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyS View Post
You and me both!
That makes three of us!
__________________
MY12 335i ZSL with a deep dive into the options list
Produced: 2012-06-22
ED: 2012-07-19; Arrived in Jersey City: 2012-08-23
Redelivered: 2012-09-12
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #336
Silver F30
New Member
Silver F30's Avatar
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: F30 Sportline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (0)

I've been driving my 6 speed manual now since May 17th. I've already put 4K on it and primarily city driving. My average mpg is 30 no matter if I drive it in ECO-PRO or SPORT + mode. Not to rub it in or anything lol!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 01:49 AM   #337
mmanes1
New Member
mmanes1's Avatar
Germany
1
Rep
13
Posts

 
Drives: F30-320D SPORT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: EF

iTrader: (0)

Hello,
i need a little bit Help... I cant Write the FF Value... Everytime after Safe its 00?

What must i doo to write the FF Wert for example in DVD in Motin...

thx a lot
marcell
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 04:41 AM   #338
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
svache's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
1,881
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmanes1 View Post
Hello,
i need a little bit Help... I cant Write the FF Value... Everytime after Safe its 00?

What must i doo to write the FF Wert for example in DVD in Motin...

thx a lot
marcell
Did you try it according the instructions in this pdf file: E-Sys - Getting Started Supplement - Part 2.pdf ?
__________________
F30 328i Luxury w/ Mojave metallic, beige interior (timeline)


Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 04:41 AM   #339
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
svache's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
1,881
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Btw, sorry that I was a bit away the last few days guys. It will probably be the same in the next week(s). Thing is, we recently bought a house and we're actually moving in these days so I'm quite occupied with that

If anyone needs to know anything. Just send me a PM and I will reply whenever I can
__________________
F30 328i Luxury w/ Mojave metallic, beige interior (timeline)


Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #340
levente
Private
levente's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
78
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hamilton,NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
That makes three of us!
4 of us!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #341
gnuke
New Member
1
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: new jersey

iTrader: (0)

Another cable option for folks. Purchase this open end obd2 cable:

http://www.obd2cables.com/products/o...-end-10ft.html

Then cut an end off an ethernet patch cable and following the various schematics connect and solder the various cables together. I also used a 470ohm resistor and that seemed to work fine.

On another note the various coding options from the cheat sheet work well. Couldn't find the weather band code though. Anyone else try this one?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #342
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
Frogman's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
1,797
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuke View Post
Another cable option for folks. Purchase this open end obd2 cable:

http://www.obd2cables.com/products/o...-end-10ft.html

Then cut an end off an ethernet patch cable and following the various schematics connect and solder the various cables together. I also used a 470ohm resistor and that seemed to work fine.

On another note the various coding options from the cheat sheet work well. Couldn't find the weather band code though. Anyone else try this one?
That's the same cable I got from amazon for $8.95 plus shipping. I also spliced 1/2 of a ground-shielded cat5 patch cable to it with a 510 ohm resistor and the appropriate ground connections; works great.

The ground-shied is a good idea as the laptop is not otherwise grounded to the car when you are connected to it. It's not absolutely necessary, but it is good idea.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #343
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
Frogman's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
1,797
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuke View Post
On another note the various coding options from the cheat sheet work well. Couldn't find the weather band code though. Anyone else try this one?
On my car (April build 328i), RADIO_WEATHERBAND is in the 3002 AUDIO_TUNER_TRAFFIC section, not 3000 HMI. Maybe it's a typo in the cheat-sheet.

I haven't tried coding it, I just did a search for it.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #344
gnuke
New Member
1
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: new jersey

iTrader: (0)

Thanks frogman, that's exactly where it was and it totally worked. Now if I can get these rear fogs working.....
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #345
Silver F30
New Member
Silver F30's Avatar
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: F30 Sportline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys! I built my cable with one from Amazon; http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00 With shipping it was 14.95. I then used a cat 6 cable that I cut in half. I am about to do another cable for one of the techs. When I get the cable in I will post a how-to with pics. I have about 20 bucks in each cable. STAY TUNED...............
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #346
demge01
Private First Class
demge01's Avatar
2
Rep
145
Posts

 
Drives: F30 320ed
Join Date: May 2012
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
So just wondering if anbody has worked how to code the drive mode to remember the last setting - just as we now can with the ASS? I'm tending to leave mine in Sport mode for most of the time and it seems just as economical as Eco Pro.

Also if Sport+ can be enabled on non Sport models as I was wondering if this is the same as holding down the DSC for a few seconds (shows "Dynamic driving with DSC off on display screen" as opposed to pressing once which gives "Traction" mode)
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #347
Rtseng78
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i sedan
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
I was able to find one (cafd_00000794.caf.002_020_029) of the missing CAFD files (from another forum).

Now all I need is: cafd_000007A1_005_018_028

I coded everything I wanted so far. Check out the mirror folding and window up/down from key fob and from long holding the comfort access!


I"m having the same problem as you with the missing CAF files. I really wanted cafd_00000794.caf.002_020_029 since the set ASS default is in that. Do you think you could send me the file? It would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #348
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
92
Rep
4,907
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtseng78 View Post
I"m having the same problem as you with the missing CAF files. I really wanted cafd_00000794.caf.002_020_029 since the set ASS default is in that. Do you think you could send me the file? It would be much appreciated.
The full v.46.6 download links are here:

Quote:
Good News:

This should be the updated v.46.6 PSDZdata:

http://ul.to/cjyr98h0/psdzdata.part01.exe
http://ul.to/t8oifb6f/psdzdata.part02.rar
http://ul.to/qlz3766u/psdzdata.part03.rar
http://ul.to/u71x6twc/psdzdata.part04.rar
http://ul.to/d2zurw2z/psdzdata.part05.rar
http://ul.to/cridpd03/psdzdata.part06.rar
http://ul.to/n16rry6h/psdzdata.part07.rar
http://ul.to/7fbn53nt/psdzdata.part08.rar
http://ul.to/luc2rz27/psdzdata.part09.rar
http://ul.to/74e844w7/psdzdata.part10.rar
http://ul.to/gfvjx6op/psdzdata.part11.rar
http://ul.to/sk6nbj1e/psdzdata.part12.rar
http://ul.to/2brsj8jk/psdzdata.part13.rar
http://ul.to/rsm5bdkp/psdzdata.part14.rar
http://ul.to/pigvcwxc/psdzdata.part15.rar
http://ul.to/95zmnec9/psdzdata.part16.rar
http://ul.to/804ey05r/psdzdata.part17.rar
http://ul.to/pwrdh094/psdzdata.part18.rar

Bad News:

These are on the German uploaded.to site that I can not access from the U.S.

Someone please grab this and put them on RapidShare, or even better, make a Torrent and SEED!

Edit: RapidShare Links Added:

http://rapidshare.com/files/17752485...ata.part01.exe
http://rapidshare.com/files/35223836...ata.part02.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/33194538...ata.part03.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/29945526...ata.part04.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/33259470...ata.part05.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/12851700...ata.part06.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/63937664...ata.part07.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/76748414...ata.part08.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/40584653...ata.part09.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/43607244...ata.part10.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/49728960...ata.part11.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/31364841...ata.part12.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/26845889...ata.part13.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/23853705...ata.part14.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/12227656...ata.part15.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/29941955...ata.part16.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/54458236...ata.part17.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/39839701...ata.part18.rar
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #349
Rtseng78
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i sedan
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
The full v.46.6 download links are here:

Good News:

This should be the updated v.46.6 PSDZdata:

http://ul.to/cjyr98h0/psdzdata.part01.exe
http://ul.to/t8oifb6f/psdzdata.part02.rar
http://ul.to/qlz3766u/psdzdata.part03.rar
http://ul.to/u71x6twc/psdzdata.part04.rar
http://ul.to/d2zurw2z/psdzdata.part05.rar
http://ul.to/cridpd03/psdzdata.part06.rar
http://ul.to/n16rry6h/psdzdata.part07.rar
http://ul.to/7fbn53nt/psdzdata.part08.rar
http://ul.to/luc2rz27/psdzdata.part09.rar
http://ul.to/74e844w7/psdzdata.part10.rar
http://ul.to/gfvjx6op/psdzdata.part11.rar
http://ul.to/sk6nbj1e/psdzdata.part12.rar
http://ul.to/2brsj8jk/psdzdata.part13.rar
http://ul.to/rsm5bdkp/psdzdata.part14.rar
http://ul.to/pigvcwxc/psdzdata.part15.rar
http://ul.to/95zmnec9/psdzdata.part16.rar
http://ul.to/804ey05r/psdzdata.part17.rar
http://ul.to/pwrdh094/psdzdata.part18.rar

Bad News:

These are on the German uploaded.to site that I can not access from the U.S.

Someone please grab this and put them on RapidShare, or even better, make a Torrent and SEED!

Edit: RapidShare Links Added:

http://rapidshare.com/files/17752485...ata.part01.exe
http://rapidshare.com/files/35223836...ata.part02.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/33194538...ata.part03.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/29945526...ata.part04.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/33259470...ata.part05.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/12851700...ata.part06.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/63937664...ata.part07.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/76748414...ata.part08.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/40584653...ata.part09.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/43607244...ata.part10.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/49728960...ata.part11.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/31364841...ata.part12.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/26845889...ata.part13.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/23853705...ata.part14.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/12227656...ata.part15.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/29941955...ata.part16.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/54458236...ata.part17.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/39839701...ata.part18.rar[/url]
Thanks, I'll eagerly await these getting fully upped to Rapidshare
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #350
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
15
Rep
363
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtseng78 View Post
I"m having the same problem as you with the missing CAF files. I really wanted cafd_00000794.caf.002_020_029 since the set ASS default is in that. Do you think you could send me the file? It would be much appreciated.
http://www.**************/showthread...ll=1#post32641

Try this.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 12:26 AM   #351
Puri1
First Lieutenant
Puri1's Avatar
Canada
7
Rep
337
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i 2012
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mississauga, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Left this message for Svache.. if any one else has a solution / similar problem, do tell:

Hi Svache..

I started coding today and followed all the instructions and it went beautifully.. thanks so much for this DIY.. it was really great...

We had a coding meet today with Bananachipz Maz and I and we went through this coding stuff..

Banana tried to change my values in FEM_BODY for all the mirror close, etc but it didn't go through.. kept popping error messages...

I cam home and tried it and did everything else apart from touching the FEM_BODY code and when I tried to do code the cafd in FEM_BODY the name had changed and is something like CAFD_FFFFFFFF_255_255_255 and obviously can't be found anywhere now.. very strange..

Is there anyway to get the default one back on.. All other modules and cafd files work fine except for this one..

I'm at a loss as to what to do, any help here would be much appreciated...

Thanks,
__________________
2012 F30 328i, Alpine White on Black, Luxury, Premium + Exec. Package...
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 06:35 AM   #352
Jbrock22
Second Lieutenant
Jbrock22's Avatar
4
Rep
206
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328I Sport
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastern PA

iTrader: (0)

Anyone in the Bucks County area code their car yet?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
3 series coding, 3 series f30, 3 series f30 coding, 3 series f30 forum, 3 series forum, 3-series forum, 5 series f10 coding, ass, ass disable, auto start stop, auto start stop disable, bmw 3 series coding, bmw 3 series f30, bmw 3 series forum, bmw 3-series f30, bmw 3-series forum, bmw 5 series coding, bmw auto start stop disable, bmw auto start stop disabling, bmw coding, bmw coding directions, bmw coding diy, bmw coding instructions, bmw diy, bmw diy forum, bmw f10 coding, bmw f30, bmw f30 3 series, bmw f30 3-series, bmw f30 coding, bmw f30 forum, coding 3 series, coding f30, coding f30 3 series, disable ass, disable auto start stop, disable bmw auto start stop, disabling auto start stop, disabling bmw auto start stop, f10 5 series coding, f10 coding, f30 3 series, f30 3 series coding, f30 3 series forum, f30 3-series, f30 3-series forum, f30 coding, f30 forum, f30 forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST