F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-22-2012, 04:01 AM   #573
awhk
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 RS4
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 134
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
How abt BMW Office? Is this for nav or no-nav cars?
Looks like BMW Office is available with Professional radio with Combox. Only difference is the CIC can display email messages on top of the standard radio?

"Business mobile phone preparation with Bluetooth interface, Bluetooth mobile phone preparation, connectivity for Bluetooth and USB devices, email function only via BMW Navigation system Professional."

http://www.bmw.connecteddrive.info/i...=article&id=52
awhk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #574
2k13f10
Private First Class
 
2k13f10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 550i M-Sport AW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 138
iTrader: (0)

So I have run into a few snags and I'm hoping you guys have some advise.

Fist I'm getting an error on one CAFD while reading the code I assume I just need the proper CAFD to insert into my data files. Secondly when I try and view a CAFD in "view and edit" I'm getting a parse error of some sort. Any Ideas? Thanks!!!
Attached Images
  
2k13f10 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #575
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,157
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k12f30 View Post
So I have run into a few snags and I'm hoping you guys have some advise.

Fist I'm getting an error on one CAFD while reading the code I assume I just need the proper CAFD to insert into my data files. Secondly when I try and view a CAFD in "view and edit" I'm getting a parse error of some sort. Any Ideas? Thanks!!!
Your car apparently has 47.x on it. I will send you a PM with a link to download cafd_00000b0a.caf.000_018_002.

I'm not sure what is going on with the Parsing error but there should be no reason to mess with the Net Coding Data within a CAFD file, nor would I. If you mess up the Net Coding Data and then code your car using the CAFD, you may brick the ECU.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #576
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 1,544
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E34 View Post
I didn't hear that mentioned in the video?

Here is part of the quote from http://www.bmw.connecteddrive.info/e...ticle/101.html

"The addresses resulting from conducting a local search can be used as a destination and passed directly to the vehicle's navigation system. "
Look at the text, & also watch the vid. The text (plus the build guides of both German & UK markets, as well as the online configurator of both bmw.co.uk & bmw.de) stated it's for F20 & F30 w/o nav. Also, in the vid that car doesn't have nav (6.5" screen w/plastic border & simplified idrive controller), as evidenced by it's main idrive menu.
The vid & the text are from here:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/exploreConnectedDrive/
(Just skip the vids to reach the menu at the end).

also,

http://telematicsnews.info/2011/07/1...series_jl2145/

Last edited by clarence; 08-22-2012 at 05:10 PM.
clarence is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #577
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 1,544
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhk View Post
Looks like BMW Office is available with Professional radio with Combox. Only difference is the CIC can display email messages on top of the standard radio?

"Business mobile phone preparation with Bluetooth interface, Bluetooth mobile phone preparation, connectivity for Bluetooth and USB devices, email function only via BMW Navigation system Professional."

http://www.bmw.connecteddrive.info/i...=article&id=52
I mean whether BMW Office can be activated via diy coding. I was trying to find out whether the poster who saw the entry BMW Live have a car with or w/o nav.
clarence is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #578
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2 S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,538
iTrader: (3)

I looked at my vin:

http://www.bmwvin.com/?vin=f453062

Now looking at that, I see prepped for Sat radio. Does that mean I can unlock it via coding, in place of the $375, or I need additional hardware?
__________________
'98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C @ 13psi(cracking 500hp this summer) +'13 EBII M Sport 328i 6mtFOR SALE
Jamesons Viggen is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 01:40 AM   #579
2k13f10
Private First Class
 
2k13f10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 550i M-Sport AW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 138
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Your car apparently has 47.x on it. I will send you a PM with a link to download cafd_00000b0a.caf.000_018_002.

I'm not sure what is going on with the Parsing error but there should be no reason to mess with the Net Coding Data within a CAFD file, nor would I. If you mess up the Net Coding Data and then code your car using the CAFD, you may brick the ECU.
My bad confused edit cafd for edit ftl. Maybe if I read the instructions you provided ... Dough!!
2k13f10 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #580
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,157
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
I looked at my vin:

http://www.bmwvin.com/?vin=f453062

Now looking at that, I see prepped for Sat radio. Does that mean I can unlock it via coding, in place of the $375, or I need additional hardware?
I think SAT Radio requires and FSC Code.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 07:49 AM   #581
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2 S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,538
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I think SAT Radio requires and FSC Code.
FSC code?

Can you explain the process/cost?

Something that can only be done through the dealer?
__________________
'98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C @ 13psi(cracking 500hp this summer) +'13 EBII M Sport 328i 6mtFOR SALE
Jamesons Viggen is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #582
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,157
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
FSC code?

Can you explain the process/cost?

Something that can only be done through the dealer?
An FSC Code, aka Enabling Code, is essentially the unlock key or license for an Option Code. You have them for Navigation Function, Voice Recognition, BMW Apps, Sat Radio, Navigation Maps, etc.

With the exception of the FSC Code for Navigation Maps, which some people can generate the FSC Code locally and sell it, all the others must come from BMW, and they are expensive, anywhere form $200-$700 depending on which one.

The FSC Code is based on your specific VIN and once purchased it has to be stored in the CIC and activated, which is beyond the capability of most coders.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #583
Erik.klenke
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2012 328i Sportline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Durham, NC

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

svache,

I have this same question, but for the F30? First car I've owned that doesn't remember to turn fog lights back on automatically.

Thanks,
Erik



Quote:
Originally Posted by 08bmw128i View Post
Is there a way on the f10 to code the fog lights to stay on when the headlights are on? So if i turn my headlights on and the fog lights are on, that the next time I turn the lights on the fogs are on?
Erik.klenke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #584
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2 S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,538
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
An FSC Code, aka Enabling Code, is essentially the unlock key or license for an Option Code. You have them for Navigation Function, Voice Recognition, BMW Apps, Sat Radio, Navigation Maps, etc.

With the exception of the FSC Code for Navigation Maps, which some people can generate the FSC Code locally and sell it, all the others must come from BMW, and they are expensive, anywhere form $200-$700 depending on which one.

The FSC Code is based on your specific VIN and once purchased it has to be stored in the CIC and activated, which is beyond the capability of most coders.
So, It's $375 to BMW to unlock with the code or nothing else.
__________________
'98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C @ 13psi(cracking 500hp this summer) +'13 EBII M Sport 328i 6mtFOR SALE
Jamesons Viggen is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #585
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,157
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
So, It's $375 to BMW to unlock with the code or nothing else.
Is $375 what they charge for the SAT FSC? You still need to find someone who can Import and Activate the FSC Code too.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #586
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2 S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,538
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Is $375 what they charge for the SAT FSC? You still need to find someone who can Import and Activate the FSC Code too.
BMW site says $375 for Sat for vehicles with nav. Yet my VIN decodes and says it has sat radio prep. I am confused.

If I have sat radio prep, shouldn't that mean I can have SAT without nav?
__________________
'98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C @ 13psi(cracking 500hp this summer) +'13 EBII M Sport 328i 6mtFOR SALE
Jamesons Viggen is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #587
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,157
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
BMW site says $375 for Sat for vehicles with nav. Yet my VIN decodes and says it has sat radio prep. I am confused.

If I have sat radio prep, shouldn't that mean I can have SAT without nav?
$375 Option For Sat. Includes the FSC Code and the wiring to the Shark Fin Antennae. Sat Radio Prep is like $75, and that means the antennae wire was run, but you have no FSC Code or activation, which makes the FSC Code about $300.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #588
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2 S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,538
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
$375 Option For Sat. Includes the FSC Code and the wiring to the Shark Fin Antennae. Sat Radio Prep is like $75, and that means the antennae wire was run, but you have no FSC Code or activation, which makes the FSC Code about $300.
See I have one of those cars missing the BT and USB.

It's still unsure if it's missing the AUX jack.

If it is, I am going to bitch and moan a bit at delivery in hopes they can make it up to me by activating the SAT radio instead.

If it does have the AUX, I have a good friend who is a BMW tech at a dealer. Maybe he could help me out.
__________________
'98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C @ 13psi(cracking 500hp this summer) +'13 EBII M Sport 328i 6mtFOR SALE
Jamesons Viggen is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #589
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,157
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
See I have one of those cars missing the BT and USB.

It's still unsure if it's missing the AUX jack.

If it is, I am going to bitch and moan a bit at delivery in hopes they can make it up to me by activating the SAT radio instead.

If it does have the AUX, I have a good friend who is a BMW tech at a dealer. Maybe he could help me out.
I thought 6FL (USB / Aux Adapter), which is now included in 6NK (Enhanced Bluetooth telephone functionality with USB audio interface and Voice Control, which replaced 644) and 6NL (Enhanced Bluetooth telephone functionality with telematics, USB audio interface and Voice Control,which replaced 633) was standard equipment?

Does your VIN show as having 6FL, 6NK, or 6NL?

What is it you are trying to do with the Aux port?
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #590
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Frogman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

Posts: 1,681
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I thought 6FL (USB / Aux Adapter), which is now included in 6NK (Enhanced Bluetooth telephone functionality with USB audio interface and Voice Control, which replaced 644) and 6NL (Enhanced Bluetooth telephone functionality with telematics, USB audio interface and Voice Control,which replaced 633) was standard equipment?

Does your VIN show as having 6FL, 6NK, or 6NL?

What is it you are trying to do with the Aux port?
He has one of the batch of F30's that were built incorrectly and did not have BT or USB ports installed even though they are standard.
Frogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #591
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2 S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,538
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I thought 6FL (USB / Aux Adapter), which is now included in 6NK (Enhanced Bluetooth telephone functionality with USB audio interface and Voice Control, which replaced 644) and 6NL (Enhanced Bluetooth telephone functionality with telematics, USB audio interface and Voice Control,which replaced 633) was standard equipment?

Does your VIN show as having 6FL, 6NK, or 6NL?

What is it you are trying to do with the Aux port?
It is standard, but if you did not catch the scoop, some 328's with July production got screwed up and did not include the USB and BT.

Notice it on my VIN:

http://www.bmwvin.com/?vin=f453062

so without all of that, I would use the AUX to plug in an old Ipod to keep in the car as form of media storage in place of the missing USB.
__________________
'98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C @ 13psi(cracking 500hp this summer) +'13 EBII M Sport 328i 6mtFOR SALE
Jamesons Viggen is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #592
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,157
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
He has one of the batch of F30's that were built incorrectly and did not have BT or USB ports installed even though they are standard.
WTF?

How the hell that happen? There is no way I would accept a brand new F30 without either one of those, let alone both. They would have to either retrofit both options, or build me another and compensate me for the delay.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #593
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,157
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
It is standard, but if you did not catch the scoop, some 328's with July production got screwed up and did not include the USB and BT.

Notice it on my VIN:

http://www.bmwvin.com/?vin=f453062

so without all of that, I would use the AUX to plug in an old Ipod to keep in the car as form of media storage in place of the missing USB.
Sorry, but no way, no how, do I accept that car as built. Those aren't minor features, they are a necessity these days, especially the BT.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #594
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Frogman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

Posts: 1,681
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
WTF?

How the hell that happen? There is no way I would accept a brand new F30 without either one of those, let alone both. They would have to either retrofit both options, or build me another and compensate me for the delay.
Me either. It affected something like 2000 cars!

Apparently it's not something that can be retrofitted. They are just providing a discount off the price.
Frogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
3 series coding, 3 series f30, 3 series f30 coding, 3 series f30 forum, 3 series forum, 3-series forum, 5 series f10 coding, ass, ass disable, auto start stop, auto start stop disable, bmw 3 series coding, bmw 3 series f30, bmw 3 series forum, bmw 3-series f30, bmw 3-series forum, bmw 5 series coding, bmw auto start stop disable, bmw auto start stop disabling, bmw coding, bmw coding directions, bmw coding diy, bmw coding instructions, bmw diy, bmw diy forum, bmw f10 coding, bmw f30, bmw f30 3 series, bmw f30 3-series, bmw f30 coding, bmw f30 forum, coding 3 series, coding f30, coding f30 3 series, disable ass, disable auto start stop, disable bmw auto start stop, disabling auto start stop, disabling bmw auto start stop, f10 5 series coding, f10 coding, f30 3 series, f30 3 series coding, f30 3 series forum, f30 3-series, f30 3-series forum, f30 coding, f30 forum, f30 forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST