F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > ASIA > HK F30 Driver
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #23
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
23
Rep
1,544
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30 Black Sapphire View Post
When the time I ordered, no one tell me they have stock...I ordered somewhere around end of Feb... The first shipment is all sold according to the salesman...That's why I have to wait...

I think those car are ordered by someone before, that's why u are lucky, no need to wait.
It depends on wht spec u want. If u're ok with their cars ordered for stock then u don't need to wait too long, as it seems that have spare quota every mth for those.
I remember back in Feb they had quota reserved for sales at motorshows, for delivery at Mar/Apr.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #24
jwickers
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
243
Posts

 
Drives: 328i GT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Shanghai - China

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
U have to ask the sales to quote some of the less popular options.
Wht do u want to know? I have prices of most of the options for F25, F30, F10 & Gran Coupe.
Only the F30 options, it is just for reference because the prices will be similar in the mainland once it gets out.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #25
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
23
Rep
1,544
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwickers View Post
Only the F30 options, it is just for reference because the prices will be similar in the mainland once it gets out.
Which ones u want? The pricing may not be the same.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #26
jwickers
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
243
Posts

 
Drives: 328i GT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Shanghai - China

iTrader: (0)

Not sure i'd like to browse and see what i can squeeze, if you have a listing in whatever format give me a PM or email if possible ? thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #27
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
23
Rep
1,544
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwickers View Post
Not sure i'd like to browse and see what i can squeeze, if you have a listing in whatever format give me a PM or email if possible ? thanks.
Sorry I don't have a listing that I can attach (cos it's on email correspondences between the sales & myself), but I'm happy to share it here cos it's not top secret stuff.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 12:14 AM   #28
F30 Black Sapphire
Private First Class
Hong Kong
3
Rep
196
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i Black Sapphire
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: HK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oedipol View Post
I just bought an alpine white/black stock 328i delivery on Thursday !
How's your car? get it or not?
__________________
Current : BMW F30 328i Blk Sapphire

Previous : BMW E30 325i/BMW E36 328i/E46 330i/BMW E90 335i (AW) MB SLK200
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #29
oedipol
Private First Class
Hong Kong
2
Rep
109
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: HK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30 Black Sapphire View Post
How's your car? get it or not?
Yes, I took delivery last Wednesday and did around 100 km on it now !

but to be honest, i am a bit disappointed:
1. coming from SLK 350 and 2012 A6, the interior of F30 looks cheap to me !
2. NVH are not very good: the N20 is harsh and noisy when compared to slk and A6 (both V6),
3. the tires have a lot of noise and the ride is harsh (S001 run flats on 17" 395 staggered setup)
It is just not as refined as my audi and MB!
4. the USB link doesn't work
5. and I have the infamous steering wheel vibration problem!

of course handling is good but in the expense of ride quality! I don't know what to do!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #30
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
23
Rep
1,544
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Didn't u test drive beforehand? I tested both 335i Sport Line & 328i Sport Line, both with 18" runflats & passive M-sport suspension, both ride well on bad surfaces & it wasn't noisy at all.
As for the interior, wht type of dashboard trim do u have? Also is urs a basic line car that was in BMWHK's stock?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #31
F30 Black Sapphire
Private First Class
Hong Kong
3
Rep
196
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i Black Sapphire
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: HK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oedipol View Post
Yes, I took delivery last Wednesday and did around 100 km on it now !

but to be honest, i am a bit disappointed:
1. coming from SLK 350 and 2012 A6, the interior of F30 looks cheap to me !
2. NVH are not very good: the N20 is harsh and noisy when compared to slk and A6 (both V6),
3. the tires have a lot of noise and the ride is harsh (S001 run flats on 17" 395 staggered setup)
It is just not as refined as my audi and MB!
4. the USB link doesn't work
5. and I have the infamous steering wheel vibration problem!

of course handling is good but in the expense of ride quality! I don't know what to do!!!
Sorry to hear that.
I have a SLK200 before...but for me, a different experience, SLK200 is a 4 cylinder and supercharge...for me, quite noisy. But of coz, compare to A6, I suppose A6 will be more quiet.
The tire, I was wondering why you ca get the 17" stagger setup. I know even the 335i now come with the square setup. And for this generation of the runflat tire, it's already improve a lot. When I receive my E90 b4, those runflat are really sucks that I need to change it immediately.
For the steering wheel vibration, I think you have to bring it back to BMW immediately and ask them to fix it for you. It's unacceptable..
__________________
Current : BMW F30 328i Blk Sapphire

Previous : BMW E30 325i/BMW E36 328i/E46 330i/BMW E90 335i (AW) MB SLK200
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #32
oedipol
Private First Class
Hong Kong
2
Rep
109
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: HK

iTrader: (0)

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Didn't u test drive beforehand? I tested both 335i Sport Line & 328i Sport Line, both with 18" runflats & passive M-sport suspension, both ride well on bad surfaces & it wasn't noisy at all.
As for the interior, wht type of dashboard trim do u have? Also is urs a basic line car that was in BMWHK's stock?
I did test drive 328i sport line (I think they only have 1 328i for test drive), it wasn't as bad! I think S001 is to blame for the road noise and ride quality ! I have S001's on my Audi A6 so i know it's not a quiet tire! however, it is getting better when the initial tread is being shed.

yes, I have a stock basic line and it is worse than the sport line they show in the test drive and show room !
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #33
oedipol
Private First Class
Hong Kong
2
Rep
109
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: HK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30 Black Sapphire View Post
Sorry to hear that.
I have a SLK200 before...but for me, a different experience, SLK200 is a 4 cylinder and supercharge...for me, quite noisy. But of coz, compare to A6, I suppose A6 will be more quiet.
The tire, I was wondering why you ca get the 17" stagger setup. I know even the 335i now come with the square setup. And for this generation of the runflat tire, it's already improve a lot. When I receive my E90 b4, those runflat are really sucks that I need to change it immediately.
For the steering wheel vibration, I think you have to bring it back to BMW immediately and ask them to fix it for you. It's unacceptable..
I got a stock car, the alloy was fixed to the car. I was thinking about changing the wheels to 19" so if u want the staggered 395 wheels feel free to drop me a line !

thanks for the advice! I am taking it in for service today !
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #34
oedipol
Private First Class
Hong Kong
2
Rep
109
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: HK

iTrader: (0)

I just dropped off my 328i today for service after 1 week of ownership!

My latest car simply feels cheap to me! More on NVH of the car: the whole car shakes after the auto start/stop cycle when the engine restarts again! it is just not acceptable to me for a modern day luxury car ! I am sorry to say that I think driving dynamics is the only virtue BMW has advantage over other german luxury carmakers now!

Overall, I did not have a pleasant experience this time: the salesman wasn't very polite and the car wasn't very clean when I took delivery. I bought 2 bmws in a row in the 90's (E36 325 coupe and 328 convertible later), but I think this may be the last time i buy BMW again!

Last edited by oedipol; 06-20-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Typo error
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #35
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
23
Rep
1,544
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oedipol View Post
I did test drive 328i sport line (I think they only have 1 328i for test drive), it wasn't as bad! I think S001 is to blame for the road noise and ride quality ! I have S001's on my Audi A6 so i know it's not a quiet tire! however, it is getting better when the initial tread is being shed.

yes, I have a stock basic line and it is worse than the sport line they show in the test drive and show room !
Maybe u should have bought Sport Line instead, after all u don't need to wait too long (2-3mths) if u're not too picky on colour combinations. Too bad they no longer import basic model as it's good if u want to mod the car.
As for the stop-start system, even on the 528i it isn't too smooth, but I think it can be improved by future software upgrades.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 01:34 AM   #36
oedipol
Private First Class
Hong Kong
2
Rep
109
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: HK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Maybe u should have bought Sport Line instead, after all u don't need to wait too long (2-3mths) if u're not too picky on colour combinations. Too bad they no longer import basic model as it's good if u want to mod the car.
As for the stop-start system, even on the 528i it isn't too smooth, but I think it can be improved by future software upgrades.
yes I would be a little bit happier with sport line! the interior would feel better to me but other attributes won't change: I would still be dissatisfied with the overall refinement of the vehicle !
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #37
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
23
Rep
1,544
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oedipol View Post
yes I would be a little bit happier with sport line! the interior would feel better to me but other attributes won't change: I would still be dissatisfied with the overall refinement of the vehicle !
Wht do u mean by refinement? I found it ride, on M-sport suspension, better than the F10 528i on standard suspension. The stop-start system is the same on both cars (in fact in all BMWs). As for road noise, it don't find it much different from the F10 528i demo.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 05:34 AM   #38
Icy J
:D
Icy J's Avatar
Hong Kong
39
Rep
697
Posts

 
Drives: 220i MSport AW/CR
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oedipol View Post
the whole car shakes after the auto start/stop cycle when the engine restarts again!
Is the stop-start really noticeable? like does it go from completely silent to sudden engine noise?
__________________



'14 220i M Sport | AW/CR | Exotics Tuning CF | M135i Exhaust | M Performance Grilles
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #39
oedipol
Private First Class
Hong Kong
2
Rep
109
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: HK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy J View Post
Is the stop-start really noticeable? like does it go from completely silent to sudden engine noise?
it is very noticeable : when it stops it is silent when it starts it shakes and vibrates like shivering !
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #40
oedipol
Private First Class
Hong Kong
2
Rep
109
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: HK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Wht do u mean by refinement? I found it ride, on M-sport suspension, better than the F10 528i on standard suspension. The stop-start system is the same on both cars (in fact in all BMWs). As for road noise, it don't find it much different from the F10 528i demo.
Refinement I mean NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) levels, build and quality of material, workmanship, etc ! sorry I am not comparing F30 to F10, I am comparing with Audi and Mercedes Benz ! However, it is just my personal opinion !
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #41
Icy J
:D
Icy J's Avatar
Hong Kong
39
Rep
697
Posts

 
Drives: 220i MSport AW/CR
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oedipol View Post
it is very noticeable : when it stops it is silent when it starts it shakes and vibrates like shivering !
can it be disabled? originally was thinking about the F10, but saw pics of the m-sport with blue dashboard trim
__________________



'14 220i M Sport | AW/CR | Exotics Tuning CF | M135i Exhaust | M Performance Grilles
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #42
oedipol
Private First Class
Hong Kong
2
Rep
109
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: HK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy J View Post
can it be disabled? originally was thinking about the F10, but saw pics of the m-sport with blue dashboard trim
yes it can ! it's the first thing i do after starting the engine but sometimes if i forget to do that then I need to experience the shivering, it is quite annoying !

M sport trim looks nice, and I love the steering wheel !
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #43
richard123
New Member
Hong Kong
1
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: F30, F10
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: HK

iTrader: (0)

This member in Hong Kong car8 found the plasti dip for his grill. I would like to try also. What is comments?

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701761
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #44
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
23
Rep
1,544
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy J View Post
can it be disabled?
Can be done via coding if u want it automatically disabled everytime u start the car.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST