F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Harmon Kardon settings....
RW Carbon

05-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
RedlineSi
Private First Class

Drives: 2012 328i

Harmon Kardon settings....

I had the Logic7 system in my old E90 and someone had done some work and put up equalizer settings for it. Does anyone know if this has been done for the F30? I haven't touched the equalizer yet, but I'd like to see what some people have come up with who are good with audio.
      05-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
ric124
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: F30 335i SP 6MT

Garage List
I would like to see this too!

need some techno or DubStep settings
      06-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
ReevesBMW

Drives: BMW

Nothing? I'm interested as well
ReevesBMW is offline   United_States
      06-26-2012, 05:11 AM   #4
Robin_NL
S0THPAW

Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa

Me too....I'm a blues/rock fanatic and don't seem to get the HK equalizer like I want to...

On some E90 forum there was a thread about the settings of the equalizer, depending on the kind of music off course. Still the default setting for any music sucks.

Cheers
Robin
Robin_NL is offline   Netherlands
      06-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
RPM90
Major General

Drives: 335i Msport w/sport AT

To achieve best sound for listening to music, first start by NOT engaging any "surround sound" modes, unless the CD or source material has been coded to play back on 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1.

Then, set all the EQ settings to "flat", meaning non boost/+ or decrease/- on anything.
Now, listen.
What is it you want to hear or feel you are missing or not hearing?

Audio frequency is a fluid issue. Even though one may want to tweak a kick drum sound or bass guitar sound, they may think that just increasing the "low" end of the EQ will give them what they want. But that's not always true, nor all there is to it.
Musical instruments are dynamic and cover a much broader frequency spectrum that most know.

Sit an listen. A good way to hear and understand what a certain frequency will do, then turn that frequency all the way up to it's max and LISTEN. Then, turn that frequency all the way down and listen. You'll quickly get an idea of what you may like and not like.

Using other people's EQ settings for your car and ESPECIALLY YOUR ears is like asking someone else on how to make love to your woman.
Getting the basics from someone else is fine, but you need to tweak and adjust for what you like and how you like. Then you'll finally "get it", and it will be much more pleasurable and satisfying than just, "It's ok I guess, I'll take it."
      06-30-2012, 04:28 AM   #6
Robin_NL
S0THPAW

Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa

Aha, thanx for the info RPM90.

Cheers
Robin
Robin_NL is offline   Netherlands
      06-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #7
fotios335i
Major General

Drives: 12 BSM F30 sport/msport 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
To achieve best sound for listening to music, first start by NOT engaging any "surround sound" modes, unless the CD or source material has been coded to play back on 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1.

Then, set all the EQ settings to "flat", meaning non boost/+ or decrease/- on anything.
Now, listen.

Audio frequency is a fluid issue. Even though one may want to tweak a kick drum sound or bass guitar sound, they may think that just increasing the "low" end of the EQ will give them what they want. But that's not always true, nor all there is to it.
Musical instruments are dynamic and cover a much broader frequency spectrum that most know.

Sit an listen. A good way to hear and understand what a certain frequency will do, then turn that frequency all the way up to it's max and LISTEN. Then, turn that frequency all the way down and listen. You'll quickly get an idea of what you may like and not like.

Using other people's EQ settings for your car and ESPECIALLY YOUR ears is like asking someone else on how to make love to your woman.
Getting the basics from someone else is fine, but you need to tweak and adjust for what you like and how you like. Then you'll finally "get it", and it will be much more pleasurable and satisfying than just, "It's ok I guess, I'll take it."

Lol...I love your posts. Always informative and fun to read. Great asset to this forum.

2012 335i sport to full Msport, M adaptive and vss, sport 8 AT, fully loaded, Black saphire, black dakota leather, mperformance carbon interior with shifter, M performance grills, rear spoiler, front splitter, side sill extensions, MPPK, MPE exhaust, morr alloys vs8.2's with michelin pss, p3 gauge, msport wheel, etc, etc
fotios335i is offline   United_States
      06-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
shoptb
Captain

Drives: 13 328i MSport EBII 8A

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotios335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post

Now, listen.

Lol...I love your posts. Always informative and fun to read. Great asset to this forum.
+1