F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > No Respect!
GetBMWParts

07-11-2014, 04:18 PM   #1
Dereks435Coupe
Private First Class

Drives: '14 435i M Sport AW Coral Red

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
No Respect!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Back in the early 1990s when I drove a Civic, I always respected other peoples property. I was careful when opening my door and was careful with shopping carts. Well today I came out of the store and as I walked to my car I saw some bitch, in a white Expedition, with her rear door open resting on my car as she put her things in the back seat. AND she had her purse sitting on my trunk lid! I was like WTF!!! I asked her to take her things off my car and explained to her how rude that was and she told me "it's just a car, no reason to get excited."

From Civic to BMW, I always respected other peoples property!

2014 435i ///M Sport - Alpine White - Coral Red
      07-11-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
dtn
Prince of Zamunda

Drives: '13 AW F30

Wow, that makes my blood boil just reading that. Can't imagine how I would feel if that was my car.

Should have put your balls on her chin and told her "it's just her face".
dtn is offline   United_States
      07-11-2014, 04:36 PM   #3
Dereks435Coupe
Private First Class

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtn
Wow, that makes my blood boil just reading that. Can't imagine how I would feel if that was my car.

Should have put your balls on her chin and told her "it's just her face".

07-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #4
WHL102
Private

Drives: 2014 320i XDrive

Honestly, this is one reason I park in far off spots. I used to park in the city on weekend nights but every time I get back to the car there are people leaning on it and resting their hands/arms on it like it belongs to them. Considering that I don't even rest so much as a take out bag anywhere other than the sunroof... you can guess how I feel about that.

Nowadays, $20 to park the car on the rare case I go out into the city is well worth the peace of mind.
      07-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #5
olinjohnston
Private

Drives: 2014 428i & 1994 840Ci

UNREAL

If that were my car, you would be getting a link to her obituary. lol
      07-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #6
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2013 335xi Sport Line

I hate when people do this - and this is absolutely why no one can have nice things! My first car was also a Civic (not that it matters anyways), but I always respected the cars next to me, whether it was worth $1,000 or $100,000. I wish people would be careful when opening their doors, and not swinging them wide to hit the car next to them! I've also seen people sit on other people's hoods or lean on their trunks/against the car. All these things are a big no-no to me, and I will confront people if I see them doing these things.
      07-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #7
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Similar situation happened to me a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, it happens all too often.

People are inconsiderate http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=986667
      07-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #8
umkc
Private

Drives: 2014 335i xdrive M-sport

pee in her purse and say "no need to get exited, its just pee"
umkc is offline   United_States
      07-11-2014, 05:26 PM   #9
BimmerBoomer
demoted

Drives: 2014 435i xDrive 8AT

We have a local tourist shopping area in Jordan Ontario, with a fairly upscale clientele. It's often a good place to view Ferraris etc. on the weekend. A few weeks ago I saw a guy taking a cell-phone picture of two young ladies sitting on the hood of his C7 Corvette. And I mean with their feet on the hood. Well...except when they all got into the Mazda 3 which was idling behind it - and blocking access to parking for others - I suddenly realized that they had nothing to do with the ownership of this car. I wouldn't want to have to answer for what I'd do if I caught this threesome taking liberties with my car.
BimmerBoomer is offline   Canada
      07-11-2014, 05:29 PM   #10
Dereks435Coupe
Private First Class

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer
We have a local tourist shopping area in Jordan Ontario, with a fairly upscale clientele. It's often a good place to view Ferraris etc. on the weekend. A few weeks ago I saw a guy taking a cell-phone picture of two young ladies sitting on the hood of his C7 Corvette. And I mean with their feet on the hood. Well...except when they all got into the Mazda 3 which was idling behind it - and blocking access to parking for others - I suddenly realized that they had nothing to do with the ownership of this car. I wouldn't want to have to answer for what I'd do if I caught this threesome taking liberties with my car.
All these examples are disrespectful, but that's grounds for an ASS WHOOPIN'!

07-11-2014, 05:37 PM   #11
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer
WTF!
      07-11-2014, 05:58 PM   #12
sr5959
Second Lieutenant

Drives: F30 328i Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer View Post
Unbelievable but hilarious!
      07-11-2014, 06:01 PM   #13
lPandaBearl
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2015 F32 435i (ON A BOAT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dereks435Coupe View Post
Back in the early 1990s when I drove a Civic, I always respected other peoples property. I was careful when opening my door and was careful with shopping carts. Well today I came out of the store and as I walked to my car I saw some bitch, in a white Expedition, with her rear door open resting on my car as she put her things in the back seat. AND she had her purse sitting on my trunk lid! I was like WTF!!! I asked her to take her things off my car and explained to her how rude that was and she told me "it's just a car, no reason to get excited."

wow are you fucking kidding me FUCK that bitch, peasant ass driving a used truck probably some single mom that got knocked up. So disrespectful, I've seen people lean on others cars before. Like who are you?
2009 e92 335i (RETIRED) AW/Dakota Black | Jb4 | Injen DCI | AR DP | AR Oil Cooler | BSH OCC | HPF FMIC | Vorsteiner Double Sided CF Hood | M-tech Bumpers | M3 Sideskirts | Umnitza Color Changing Headlights | LCI Taillights | H&R Street Perf. Coilovers | 19' BBS RS-GT |
      07-11-2014, 07:42 PM   #14
nicknaz
Brigadier General

Drives: 2012 Z4 35i

I'd like to think that in that situation I would have put my stuff on the hood of her car and rested my car door on her car too...

...in reality, if there really was no damage, I would just drive away and try and forget about it

There's always a huge potential for this kind of stuff to escalate if you responded in kind, and it's just a headache you don't need
nicknaz is offline   United_States
      07-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #15
Fronzdan
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 335i xDrive MSport

I'm actually a little surprised the OP isn't being reamed for feeling this way.

I would have taken her purse and flung it across the parking lot and slammed her door shut. Disrespectful beeotch.
      07-11-2014, 09:11 PM   #16
tturedraider
Lieutenant

Drives: '06 Sonora 330i NA N52 :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer View Post
Quote:
More than that. Justifiable homicide!!
tturedraider is offline   United_States
      07-11-2014, 09:15 PM   #17
tturedraider
Lieutenant

Drives: '06 Sonora 330i NA N52 :-)

Quote:

I wonder what she would have said if you had taken her purse, dragged it across the asphalt and handed it back to her. It's just a purse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzdan View Post

I would have taken her purse and flung it across the parking lot and slammed her door shut. Disrespectful beeotch.
I like this idea.
tturedraider is offline   United_States
      07-11-2014, 09:23 PM   #18
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I just told my wife about this. She said: (i) WTF is wrong with people? and (ii) I would have thrown her purse across the parking lot and shut her door.
      07-11-2014, 10:05 PM   #19
jair_onsa
jairon2

Drives: vt1-445 z4 MC- 14 335i M Sport

What does she mean by it's just a car!!!???? It's not only private property but a $50k+ car.
If she was driving the BMW instead of a beat up ford Im sure she'd be more careful
      07-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #20
dmath
Private First Class

Drives: 2014 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jair_onsa
What does she mean by it's just a car!!!???? It's not only private property but a $50k+ car.
If she was driving the BMW instead of a beat up ford Im sure she'd be more careful
I'm not so sure. I know people who own nice cars and don't care for them. I've also seen many examples of people with money not caring about the property of others. This woman was very rude to treat the OPs car this way and even ruder not to apologize when confronted but I think it could just as easily have been someone driving a $75K car.
      07-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #21
rlmesq

Drives: 2014 435i M Sport

Sons of Anarchy is only a television show, not a guide to personal conduct in the real world.

I can't tell if some of the people who post on these threads are just Internet wannabes who have revenge fantasies because they got swirlies in high school, or if they're just blinded by rage that makes them incapable of thinking through a situation to the possible consequences.

Quote:
Uh.... no.

In California (and most other states), you can use reasonable force (which never includes deadly force) to protect your personal property.

"Reasonable" usually includes asking the person to leave, or give back your property, before becoming physical. Punching someone who does something stupid to your car can land YOU in jail or prison.

Quote:
I'm actually a little surprised the OP isn't being reamed for feeling this way.

No, the OP is a grownup who understands what society considers acceptable behavior.

If the woman in the SUV had damaged his car, he should have requested her identification and insurance information; if she refused, he should have taken a picture of the vehicle with his cell phone and filed a police report.

Taking a person's property from his or her person or immediate presence, by force or fear, is robbery. In California, that's considered a violent felony that can land you in state prison for five years. In most states, a person would be legally justified in using deadly force to resist a robbery.

My significant other would never be as disrespectful as the woman in the original post... but if she inadvertently tapped another car and the driver came at her, foaming at the mouth and grabbing for her purse (which contains her Springfield XD-S and CCW permit), he would find himself looking down the wrong end of a 9mm barrel. If he came within 20 feet and did not stop advancing, even after she took a combat stance, she would discharge the pistol instead of taking the chance of being disarmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
I'd like to think that in that situation I would have put my stuff on the hood of her car and rested my car door on her car too...

...in reality, if there really was no damage, I would just drive away and try and forget about it

There's always a huge potential for this kind of stuff to escalate if you responded in kind, and it's just a headache you don't need
Finally! Someone with some common sense.

Last edited by rlmesq; 07-12-2014 at 10:15 AM.
      07-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #22
Fronzdan
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 335i xDrive MSport

One would hope that your significant other wouldn't be carrying her Springfield in her purse and then place her purse OFF her shoulder and onto ANOTHER person's car OUT OF REACH AND UNATTENDED, while loading packages in her own car. In my state you lose your CCW for doing stupid things like that. I think you're taking the thread and the responses too literally and seriously.