2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Anyone know how to make the gear shift indicator w/ 6MT show the current gear?
Rohana Wheels
      10-01-2015, 10:06 AM   #1
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2016 340xi M Sport 6MT

Anyone know how to make the gear shift indicator w/ 6MT show the current gear?

Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Just picked up my 340xi yesterday, and I'm loving it! Meanwhile, I'm also making observations and pulling together my coding wishlist. This one quickly jumped to the top of my list...

I'm coming from a B8 S4, and my father has an F83 M4, both with manual transmissions. In both cases, the gear shift indicator shows the currently engaged gear, and then the arrow shows which way the fuel economy nanny would like you to shift. I never paid much attention to the shift suggestion arrow, but knowing the current gear was great--especially for those times when you're cruising and go "wait, am I in 4th or 6th right now?"

The 6MT in the F3x seems to behave differently: it shows you the shift direction arrow, and then the gear that it wants you to be in... which I find far less useful. It may seem like a stupid feature, but after years of living with it I really miss it.

Does anyone know if there's a value I could code to change this behavior?
Appreciate 0