F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > My 2012 Mineral White F30 335i with 20" Stance sc-5 and H&R Sport
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
johntchow
#beastmodeallday
 
Drives: MW F30 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 104
iTrader: (1)

My 2012 Mineral White F30 335i with 20" Stance sc-5 and H&R Sport

ok i realized after taking these pictures that since i was on unlevel ground, the suspension is off. i guess with adaptive m suspension, even when the car is parked it levels the car for you. so these pics are going to show a big drop on the passenger side
Attached Images
         
__________________
2012 335i ZSL, ZPP, ZPK, ZPS, etc
2012 X3 2.8i ZSP, ZPP, ZTP, ZCV, etc

Last edited by johntchow; 06-07-2012 at 02:04 PM.
johntchow is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
LAnderson23
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 328i MG Sportline
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio

Posts: 511
iTrader: (0)

What is your impression of those wheels? I'm seeing them a lot, what kind of quality are they? A friend of mine says they are cheap, since you have them what's your verdict? Happy?

I really like how they look and am considering getting the silver ones for mine.
LAnderson23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
bbarclay410
Geaux Tigers
 
bbarclay410's Avatar
 
Drives: Lemans Blue E90
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 750
iTrader: (0)

LOVE THAT STANCE
__________________
E90|LMB/Oyster & Black|Nav|Premium|///M Sport|18" Style 193M|Xenon|Comfort Access|Cold Weather||
bbarclay410 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
johntchow
#beastmodeallday
 
Drives: MW F30 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 104
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnderson23 View Post
What is your impression of those wheels? I'm seeing them a lot, what kind of quality are they? A friend of mine says they are cheap, since you have them what's your verdict? Happy?

I really like how they look and am considering getting the silver ones for mine.
i got them purely on aesthetics. i didnt install them myself so i cant really speak to the build quality. but as for just driving, they seem fine. ive always had BMW OEM rims. im pretty sure they are 1 piece and they are made in taiwan. they are not the most expensive rims for sure. but i just really liked the way they look. im leasing the car so i just figure that i am going to have to change the OEM tires at some point during the 3 years, i just as well get rims then. so i just left my OEM 19" in my garage so when these are done, ill put back the 19".

for me these rims, look and pattern really jumped out at me. i also really wanted black rims. i probably wouldve paid more for these rims if they did cost more, but dont tell ltbmw that! haha
__________________
2012 335i ZSL, ZPP, ZPK, ZPS, etc
2012 X3 2.8i ZSP, ZPP, ZTP, ZCV, etc
johntchow is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
LAnderson23
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 328i MG Sportline
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio

Posts: 511
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntchow View Post
i got them purely on aesthetics. i didnt install them myself so i cant really speak to the build quality. but as for just driving, they seem fine. ive always had BMW OEM rims. im pretty sure they are 1 piece and they are made in taiwan. they are not the most expensive rims for sure. but i just really liked the way they look. im leasing the car so i just figure that i am going to have to change the OEM tires at some point during the 3 years, i just as well get rims then. so i just left my OEM 19" in my garage so when these are done, ill put back the 19".

for me these rims, look and pattern really jumped out at me. i also really wanted black rims. i probably wouldve paid more for these rims if they did cost more, but dont tell ltbmw that! haha
Yeah, I think they look fantastic, but I don't want to have something cheap or easily breakable on my car either which is why I'm hesitating.

I also don't have the convenience of already having 19" Mine will come with 18" rims which I would plan on keeping so I have two full sets. I want to be able to just swap the rims out myself so I don't know if having an 18" and a 19" would require anything special or not. Any idea?
LAnderson23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
johntchow
#beastmodeallday
 
Drives: MW F30 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 104
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnderson23 View Post
Yeah, I think they look fantastic, but I don't want to have something cheap or easily breakable on my car either which is why I'm hesitating.

I also don't have the convenience of already having 19" Mine will come with 18" rims which I would plan on keeping so I have two full sets. I want to be able to just swap the rims out myself so I don't know if having an 18" and a 19" would require anything special or not. Any idea?
im not sure i understand what youre asking, but i dont think going from 18" to 19" oem rims requires anything special. i doubt the build quality of these rims is any worse than any other comparable rims. i mean, i imagine as long as you dont crash into anything, youll be fine. i guess time will tell.
__________________
2012 335i ZSL, ZPP, ZPK, ZPS, etc
2012 X3 2.8i ZSP, ZPP, ZTP, ZCV, etc
johntchow is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
DrivenByE30
Colonel
 
DrivenByE30's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

Posts: 2,806
iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up

WOW

so much better ! I love the concave in factor of the wheels !! Very nice Stance
DrivenByE30 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #8
yerffejleahcim
Lieutenant
 
yerffejleahcim's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 4GranCoupe Alpine White M
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oahu

Posts: 456
iTrader: (0)

Looks awesome with the mods. Love the wheels. Nice color car too. :-)
__________________
Michael

2015 F36 428i Gran Coupe Alpine White M Sport / Navigation / M Sport Brakes
Arriving California Aug 5th ----- Delivered Sept 1st
yerffejleahcim is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
Alen E90
Major General
 
Alen E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i TiAg
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SO. CAL-818 (SFV)

Posts: 7,986
iTrader: (6)

good looking mods, the stance of your ride looks SICK with those wheels
__________________

TiAg FTW!
Alen E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #10
LAnderson23
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 328i MG Sportline
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio

Posts: 511
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntchow View Post
im not sure i understand what youre asking, but i dont think going from 18" to 19" oem rims requires anything special. i doubt the build quality of these rims is any worse than any other comparable rims. i mean, i imagine as long as you dont crash into anything, youll be fine. i guess time will tell.
What I mean is, if I keep the stock 18" as my winter set, and get a set of 19" of the Stance rims for summer, is it as simple as un-bolting and re-bolting? Or do I need to worry about something else? (Spacer, etc.)
LAnderson23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #11
F30 Pilot
Private
 
F30 Pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AZ

Posts: 76
iTrader: (0)

What size tires are you running?
F30 Pilot is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #12
onehungevo
Captain
 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2008

Posts: 836
iTrader: (0)

They look good but really big. I'm up in the air between 19's and 20's.
onehungevo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #13
onehungevo
Captain
 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2008

Posts: 836
iTrader: (0)

Sport not super sport H & R springs, correct?
onehungevo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #14
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
 
Robin_NL's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe

Posts: 4,687
iTrader: (0)

I like it a lot.


tyrewidth?

No spacers?

Cheers
Robin
Robin_NL is offline   Netherlands
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #15
rconti
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Z3 M Coupe, NB Miata
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay

Posts: 515
iTrader: (0)

Good height. I'm still not a fan of black wheels, but it's a neat effect with black mirrors, black wheels, and black grilles.
rconti is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #16
Malbolge
Major General
 
Malbolge's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg Z4 Coupe 3.0Si
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: EE

Posts: 5,240
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
That colour suits f30 lines so well!
__________________
'07 TiAg BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si / Everything
Malbolge is offline   Estonia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #17
johntchow
#beastmodeallday
 
Drives: MW F30 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 104
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnderson23 View Post
What I mean is, if I keep the stock 18" as my winter set, and get a set of 19" of the Stance rims for summer, is it as simple as un-bolting and re-bolting? Or do I need to worry about something else? (Spacer, etc.)
no idea, i would assume going from 18 to 19 is pretty common
__________________
2012 335i ZSL, ZPP, ZPK, ZPS, etc
2012 X3 2.8i ZSP, ZPP, ZTP, ZCV, etc
johntchow is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #18
johntchow
#beastmodeallday
 
Drives: MW F30 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 104
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30 Pilot View Post
What size tires are you running?
245/30/20 front
285/25/20 frear

nitto invos
__________________
2012 335i ZSL, ZPP, ZPK, ZPS, etc
2012 X3 2.8i ZSP, ZPP, ZTP, ZCV, etc
johntchow is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #19
johntchow
#beastmodeallday
 
Drives: MW F30 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 104
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehungevo View Post
They look good but really big. I'm up in the air between 19's and 20's.

yeah i thought they looked big right after the install, but after awhile i guess they grow on you, and look appropriate. i can say i can barely tell the difference compared to the oem 19" besides the width now. im thinking it also looks smaller because the rims and tires are the same color.
__________________
2012 335i ZSL, ZPP, ZPK, ZPS, etc
2012 X3 2.8i ZSP, ZPP, ZTP, ZCV, etc
johntchow is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #20
johntchow
#beastmodeallday
 
Drives: MW F30 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 104
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehungevo View Post
Sport not super sport H & R springs, correct?
yeah they are sport springs on adaptive m suspension.

to be honest, i think my ride could stand to go a little lower. on level ground there is still about 1.25 fingers wheel gap on the rears.
__________________
2012 335i ZSL, ZPP, ZPK, ZPS, etc
2012 X3 2.8i ZSP, ZPP, ZTP, ZCV, etc
johntchow is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #21
onehungevo
Captain
 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2008

Posts: 836
iTrader: (0)

Got you. I really like the Matte black wheels on the white sport model. I'm going the same route. It makes the car more sporty which I think it needs.
onehungevo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2012, 02:16 AM   #22
nickstin
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '08 AW E92
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hawaii

Posts: 245
iTrader: (0)

Looks good, pretty aggressive. But we need some specs...wheel size, offsets?
nickstin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST