F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Anyone try these color changing footwell lights?
Vorsteiner
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-07-2015, 06:36 AM   #1
nickhelou
BMW Enthusiast
nickhelou's Avatar
Lebanon
37
Rep
353
Posts

Drives: 435i X-Drive
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Beirut

iTrader: (0)

Anyone try these color changing footwell lights?

http://www.amazon.com/Wind-Fire-C002...X6J848JE2YYRPR
__________________
'14 BMW 435i X-Drive | WeissLicht + Horizon LED | M-Sport | MPE | Xenarc |
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 11:27 AM   #2
ahero4eternity
Private First Class
8
Rep
124
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i BSM
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

I installed these last night. Took about 30 seconds each.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 03:29 PM   #3
nickhelou
BMW Enthusiast
nickhelou's Avatar
Lebanon
37
Rep
353
Posts

Drives: 435i X-Drive
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Beirut

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahero4eternity View Post
I installed these last night. Took about 30 seconds each.
Impressions?
__________________
'14 BMW 435i X-Drive | WeissLicht + Horizon LED | M-Sport | MPE | Xenarc |
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 12:37 AM   #4
ahero4eternity
Private First Class
8
Rep
124
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i BSM
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Like I said, install is easy and straight forward. It's easy to change the colors with the included magnet. I'm using red but thinking about switching to orange to match the rest of the amber lighting inside...but the orange is a tad too light. Maybe I'll just stick with red.

Not throwing any codes with these. *knock on wood*
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 02:59 PM   #5
Fronzdan
Major
51
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 335i xDrive MSport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Hey that's interesting....thanks for the link. I'm going to try these.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 06:31 PM   #6
nickhelou
BMW Enthusiast
nickhelou's Avatar
Lebanon
37
Rep
353
Posts

Drives: 435i X-Drive
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Beirut

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzdan View Post
Hey that's interesting....thanks for the link. I'm going to try these.
Keep us posted! I want to see the difference between the Amber/Red/White before getting them for myself.
__________________
'14 BMW 435i X-Drive | WeissLicht + Horizon LED | M-Sport | MPE | Xenarc |
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 11:58 PM   #7
ahero4eternity
Private First Class
8
Rep
124
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i BSM
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Looks just like the pictures in the ad...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 08:45 PM   #8
Fronzdan
Major
51
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 335i xDrive MSport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Installed these yesterday. Use a straight blade screw driver, pry the edge closest to the seat, pull it out, pull out the connector, plug it into the new one and pop it in. Took me longer to type that than do the install.

Brightness is better than stock, but it's not super bright..at least not with the black interior. Blue, Amber and white look good. Green and magenta are too weird for my taste. They slowly dim after the door closes, like stock.

What I can't remember is, does the stock version stay lit with the interior lighting package? I can't recall if the footwell stayed lit. These ones don't.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 10:48 PM   #9
ahero4eternity
Private First Class
8
Rep
124
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i BSM
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzdan View Post
What I can't remember is, does the stock version stay lit with the interior lighting package? I can't recall if the footwell stayed lit. These ones don't.
Mine didn't.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 02:55 AM   #10
nickhelou
BMW Enthusiast
nickhelou's Avatar
Lebanon
37
Rep
353
Posts

Drives: 435i X-Drive
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Beirut

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzdan View Post
Installed these yesterday. Use a straight blade screw driver, pry the edge closest to the seat, pull it out, pull out the connector, plug it into the new one and pop it in. Took me longer to type that than do the install.

Brightness is better than stock, but it's not super bright..at least not with the black interior. Blue, Amber and white look good. Green and magenta are too weird for my taste. They slowly dim after the door closes, like stock.

What I can't remember is, does the stock version stay lit with the interior lighting package? I can't recall if the footwell stayed lit. These ones don't.
While driving there was some amber/white light in the footwell area with my F32.
__________________
'14 BMW 435i X-Drive | WeissLicht + Horizon LED | M-Sport | MPE | Xenarc |
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 12:15 PM   #11
Fronzdan
Major
51
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 335i xDrive MSport 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

I suppose I could confirm by swapping one back out...just lazy at the moment
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 PM.




f30post
f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST