F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > M3 Guy's 2013 Estoril Blue Msport Journal
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #67
m3 guy
Major
United_States
25

 
m3 guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii


Posts: 1,326
iTrader: (3)

No problem, all conversations are welcomed in my thread.
__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #68
m3 guy
Major
United_States
25

 
m3 guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii


Posts: 1,326
iTrader: (3)

Mod setback:

If you guys couldn't tell I was sent the wrong reflector trim so that's a bummer. Apparently msport means regular sport bumper lol. Good news is the vendors are working on it.
__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #69
m3 guy
Major
United_States
25

 
m3 guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii


Posts: 1,326
iTrader: (3)

Mod update:

Challenge cat back exhaust was ordered and will be ordering bc coilovers today. I was going to go with H&R super sport springs as a temporary solution but the pricing on these BC coils is to good to pass up. Plus the car will ride 1,000 times better than short springs on stock shocks. The wheels should be here within the next two weeks as well. Exciting times for sure!
__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #70
jtuds
Major
Canada
39

 
Drives: 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 1.5-2 hrs west of Toronto


Posts: 1,064
iTrader: (0)

In some ways I want to see what this car looks like and in other ways I dont. The reason I dont is becuase I am probably ordering the same car in the same colour and I want to like how it looks when I get it.

If M3guy's car looks way better than mine, I'll feel like I spent $65K on something that's not as good as it could be...then I will feel compelled to spend even more to make it better, which both I and my wife don't want to happen, but know I may not be able to help myself.....
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #71
m3 guy
Major
United_States
25

 
m3 guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii


Posts: 1,326
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
In some ways I want to see what this car looks like and in other ways I dont. The reason I dont is becuase I am probably ordering the same car in the same colour and I want to like how it looks when I get it.

If M3guy's car looks way better than mine, I'll feel like I spent $65K on something that's not as good as it could be...then I will feel compelled to spend even more to make it better, which both I and my wife don't want to happen, but know I may not be able to help myself.....
Thanks, the forums will do that. Good luck with whatever you decide. Just remember it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission...
__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #72
Crumbs
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2013 F30 M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NYC


Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Awesome mods
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #73
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
71

 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario


Posts: 3,210
iTrader: (0)

M3_Guy:

Awesome! Simply AWESOME!

I have a F30 335i in Luxury Line that I have tried my best changing/modding. I've added wheels (Stance SC5 in 20" with huge staggered setup)...Since my car is AW, I went with a Black Tint job, black vinyl wrap roof top and will do the diffuser soon.

I also got the painted reflectors, M Perf. Grills and red painted brake calipers done.

However I am no where close to what you're doing. Your's is gonna look spectacular!

I really want to get the M Perf. Brakes, and Exhaust but its just too much money.

I have the Spoiler and Springs coming up very soon.

Hats off to you bud, I cant wait for pics.

Can you tell us how much you've spent on mods alone? This can give us a rough idea of what we're looking at if we want to do something similar to what you're doing. Just a rough idea....

Thanks again and good luck!!!
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #74
m3 guy
Major
United_States
25

 
m3 guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii


Posts: 1,326
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbs View Post
Awesome mods
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
M3_Guy:

Awesome! Simply AWESOME!

I have a F30 335i in Luxury Line that I have tried my best changing/modding. I've added wheels (Stance SC5 in 20" with huge staggered setup)...Since my car is AW, I went with a Black Tint job, black vinyl wrap roof top and will do the diffuser soon.

I also got the painted reflectors, M Perf. Grills and red painted brake calipers done.

However I am no where close to what you're doing. Your's is gonna look spectacular!

I really want to get the M Perf. Brakes, and Exhaust but its just too much money.

I have the Spoiler and Springs coming up very soon.

Hats off to you bud, I cant wait for pics.

Can you tell us how much you've spent on mods alone? This can give us a rough idea of what we're looking at if we want to do something similar to what you're doing. Just a rough idea....

Thanks again and good luck!!!
Thanks for the compliments, your car sounds sick, keep it up!

If all goes well I should get the car this Saturday. Fingers crossed...
__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #75
Park2670
General
United_States
216

 
Park2670's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 CX-5
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UTAH


Posts: 18,124
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post
Thanks!



Thanks for the compliments, your car sounds sick, keep it up!

If all goes well I should get the car this Saturday. Fingers crossed...
Yes! Cant wait to see this modded up
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #76
m3 guy
Major
United_States
25

 
m3 guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii


Posts: 1,326
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park2670 View Post
Yes! Cant wait to see this modded up
I can't wait either. I have a photoshoot scheduled for next Sunday so hopefully everything works out. Still waiting on the car, coils, and wheels though. It seems in modding cars nothing ever arrives on time lol...
__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #77
SupremePower3335
First Lieutenant
Canada
21

 
Drives: 2011 E90 LCI MSport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: T Dot!


Posts: 355
iTrader: (0)

Subscribed
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 04:40 PM   #78
m3 guy
Major
United_States
25

 
m3 guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii


Posts: 1,326
iTrader: (3)

Thanks
__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #79
m3 guy
Major
United_States
25

 
m3 guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii


Posts: 1,326
iTrader: (3)

Took delivery on 09/01/12. Have only put maybe 100 miles on her so I can't comment too much yet. What I can say is where my M felt solid and crisp, this one feels solid and muted. Like it's wearing gloves while the M is bare hands if that makes sense.







__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #80
m3 guy
Major
United_States
25

 
m3 guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii


Posts: 1,326
iTrader: (3)

Date: 9/01/12

What was installed: Black grills, burger clutch stop, p3cars gauge, amber led corner lights, osram cbi bulds, and keyhole delete.

The installation for the above items were all super easy. Anyone should be able to do them so try not to pay someone if you can help it. There are diy's for the grills, clutch stop, and keyhole on this forum. The diy for the corner lights is in the manual and the diy for the d1s bulbs can be found on e90post. It is much easier than the e90's, you do not even need to remove the wheels to get to them. Lastly p3cars has an excellent youtube video diy for their gauge.

Iphone pics:









Anyone notice what's different with these grills?
__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #81
SupremePower3335
First Lieutenant
Canada
21

 
Drives: 2011 E90 LCI MSport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: T Dot!


Posts: 355
iTrader: (0)

__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #82
Park2670
General
United_States
216

 
Park2670's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 CX-5
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UTAH


Posts: 18,124
iTrader: (8)

How come the ///M emblem faces different directions on the front and rear?
And do the grilles have more slats the sport line?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #83
SupremePower3335
First Lieutenant
Canada
21

 
Drives: 2011 E90 LCI MSport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: T Dot!


Posts: 355
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post
Took delivery on 09/01/12. Have only put maybe 100 miles on her so I can't comment too much yet. What I can say is where my M felt solid and crisp, this one feels solid and muted. Like it's wearing gloves while the M is bare hands if that makes sense.
So what is better Can't tell from your post..
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #84
m3 guy
Major
United_States
25

 
m3 guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii


Posts: 1,326
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremePower3335 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park2670 View Post
How come the ///M emblem faces different directions on the front and rear?
And do the grilles have more slats the sport line?
Thanks! Not sure to be honest, dealer installed them pre-delivery. For the grills I combined the 11 slat oem one from the car with the m performance outer black kidney. Looks more traditional to me this way and I''m liking it better than the jagged m performance 8 slat ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremePower3335 View Post
So what is better Can't tell from your post..
To early to say but based on 'feel' alone the M was better.
__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #85
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
61

 
Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois


Posts: 2,781
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Congrats man! I can't wait to see your new project with everything else installed!

Enjoy the car bud!
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #86
m3 guy
Major
United_States
25

 
m3 guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii


Posts: 1,326
iTrader: (3)

BC coilovers just arrived. Install is tomorrow. Looks like they do not come with camber plates or rsm's so we will be reusing the stock ones. They do come with new swaybar endlinks though so that's cool.











__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #87
Park2670
General
United_States
216

 
Park2670's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 CX-5
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UTAH


Posts: 18,124
iTrader: (8)

I thought it looked like they had more slats. Looks good!

There was a time when I was thinking of swapping my slats from the OEM with the outers being the shadowline, but it never happened. May have to try it this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #88
PSI
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
188


 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Winter Park, FL


Posts: 2,441
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post
BC coilovers just arrived. Install is tomorrow. Looks like they do not come with camber plates or rsm's so we will be reusing the stock ones. They do come with new swaybar endlinks though so that's cool.











Kimo,

Car looks amazing! Love the brakes and the P3 gauge!

Can't wait to see how it looks on the BC's!

Btw, you have the 2nd set of BC's for the F30. First set we used for development. Just a fun fact.
__________________

Sales | Precision Sport Industries (PSI) | Sales@precision-sport.com | www.precision-sport.com | FACEBOOK | 407.617.0372
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST