F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Product Release: StopTech Balanced Big Brake Kits for 2012 BMW 335 Series
jb4store
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
HP Autosport
Lieutenant General
United_States
408

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag


Posts: 11,397
iTrader: (29)

Product Release: StopTech Balanced Big Brake Kits for 2012 BMW 335 Series

The front StopTech Big Brake Kits for the 2012 BMW 335 Series are available with a pair of slotted or drilled floating directional AeroRotors® in either 355X32 or 380X32 sizes. Each kit features billet aluminum mounting brackets with stainless steel studs, DOT-compliant stainless steel braided Teflon brake lines, StopTech's highly-praised high performance street pads plus the company's patented, forged, high performance, six-piston ST-60 calipers.

The rear StopTech Big Brake Kits for the 2012 BMW 335 Series include a pair of 345X28 slotted or drilled floating directional AeroRotors as well as billet aluminum mounting brackets with stainless steel studs, DOT-compliant stainless steel braided Teflon brake lines, StopTech's highly-praised high performance street pads plus the company's patented, forged, high performance, four-piston ST-40 calipers.

Front 14 inch Sport BBK
ST-60 6 Piston Calipers
Floating 355x32mm Rotors
Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

Front 15 inch Sport BBK
ST-60 Piston Caliper
Floating 380x32mm Rotors
Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

Rear 13.6 inch Sport BBK
ST-40 4 Piston Calipers
Floating 345x28mm Rotors
Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

Standard and Options:

Red / Black / Silver Calipers - No Additional Cost
Blue / Yellow / Gold - At additional Cost
Slotted Rotors – No Additional Cost
Drilled Rotors - At additional Cost
-For gold, blue, silver or yellow calipers, please add 4 weeks for lead time.

***Moderator, please don't close this thread, this is a product release and open for product discussion***
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
Alpine F31
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
28

 
Alpine F31's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA


Posts: 1,822
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
That's great, but what about the 328i?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #3
HP Autosport
Lieutenant General
United_States
408

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag


Posts: 11,397
iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
That's great, but what about the 328i?
It's likely the same exact kit as the F30 328i and 335i share lots of suspension components, including the upright.

We will have to wait for the official release from Stoptech.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
free2d
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: E90 325
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indonesia


Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

does the 355mm rotors fit stock oem 18inch wheel 396?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
49

 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester Hills MI


Posts: 3,565
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
It's likely the same exact kit as the F30 328i and 335i share lots of suspension components, including the upright.

We will have to wait for the official release from Stoptech.
Considering the BMW's own MPerformance kit is for BOTH the 328 and 335, one would think other kits for the 335 would also be 328 friendly.
__________________
'98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C @ 13psi(cracking 500hp this summer) +'13 EBII M Sport 328i 6mtFOR SALE
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
HP Autosport
Lieutenant General
United_States
408

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag


Posts: 11,397
iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2d View Post
does the 355mm rotors fit stock oem 18inch wheel 396?
Download the template and check it against your wheel:

http://www.stoptech.com/docs/wheel-f...B33-2670-00_FP
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #7
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
53

 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario


Posts: 3,210
iTrader: (0)

Can u PM me price?

In red plz...
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #8
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
43

 
shivaswrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ


Posts: 3,122
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
Can u PM me price?

In red plz...
It's like $4700 for the entire kit.
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #9
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
53

 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario


Posts: 3,210
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
It's like $4700 for the entire kit.
You're forgetting shipping and customs here in Canada.

After already spending close to $20,000 on my car already, I dont think I have money for the brakes. Should've kept my old wheels and put the money on these brakes...
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #10
Balzz
Captain
Canada
13

 
Drives: 2012 Havana F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 887
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 F30 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
After already spending close to $20,000 on my car already, I dont think I have money for the brakes. Should've kept my old wheels and put the money on these brakes...
Should've just bought an M3 IMO...lol
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #11
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
43

 
shivaswrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ


Posts: 3,122
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
You're forgetting shipping and customs here in Canada.

After already spending close to $20,000 on my car already, I dont think I have money for the brakes. Should've kept my old wheels and put the money on these brakes...
or spend $2500 on the M Perf brakes....
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #12
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
53

 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario


Posts: 3,210
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzz View Post
Should've just bought an M3 IMO...lol
Yeh you're right...I could've gotten a 2009 M3 nicely loaded...totall error in planning on my part...
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #13
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
53

 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario


Posts: 3,210
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
or spend $2500 on the M Perf brakes....
Agreed!

These brakes are more like $2200 if I'm lucky with customs...honestly thats a great deal!
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #14
HP Autosport
Lieutenant General
United_States
408

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag


Posts: 11,397
iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
Agreed!

These brakes are more like $2200 if I'm lucky with customs...honestly thats a great deal!
That is a great deal for OE Performance Brakes, but that is it. We know the performance will still lack behind any aftermarket BBK. If ceramic pistons are still used, they will still crack under hard use. Pad replacment on the front calipers can be very time consuming compare to the Stoptech.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #15
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
53

 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario


Posts: 3,210
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
Agreed!

These brakes are more like $2200 if I'm lucky with customs...honestly thats a great deal!
That is a great deal for OE Performance Brakes, but that is it. We know the performance will still lack behind any aftermarket BBK. If ceramic pistons are still used, they will still crack under hard use. Pad replacment on the front calipers can be very time consuming compare to the Stoptech.
Can u work on the quote u gave me?

A little more discount plz?
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #16
RPM90
Major General
103

 
Drives: 335i Msport w/sport AT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago


Posts: 6,095
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
The front StopTech Big Brake Kits for the 2012 BMW 335 Series are available with a pair of slotted or drilled floating directional AeroRotors® in either 355X32 or 380X32 sizes. Each kit features billet aluminum mounting brackets with stainless steel studs, DOT-compliant stainless steel braided Teflon brake lines, StopTech's highly-praised high performance street pads plus the company's patented, forged, high performance, six-piston ST-60 calipers.

The rear StopTech Big Brake Kits for the 2012 BMW 335 Series include a pair of 345X28 slotted or drilled floating directional AeroRotors as well as billet aluminum mounting brackets with stainless steel studs, DOT-compliant stainless steel braided Teflon brake lines, StopTech's highly-praised high performance street pads plus the company's patented, forged, high performance, four-piston ST-40 calipers.

Front 14 inch Sport BBK
ST-60 6 Piston Calipers
Floating 355x32mm Rotors
Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

Front 15 inch Sport BBK
ST-60 Piston Caliper
Floating 380x32mm Rotors
Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

Rear 13.6 inch Sport BBK
ST-40 4 Piston Calipers
Floating 345x28mm Rotors
Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

Standard and Options:

Red / Black / Silver Calipers - No Additional Cost
Blue / Yellow / Gold - At additional Cost
Slotted Rotors – No Additional Cost
Drilled Rotors - At additional Cost
-For gold, blue, silver or yellow calipers, please add 4 weeks for lead time.

***Moderator, please don't close this thread, this is a product release and open for product discussion***
NICE looking brake kit!

So there are 2 optional rotor sizes for the front, 14" and 15"?
The fronts are 6 pot and the rears a 4 pot, right?

That's a hearty improvement over the M Performance kit, plus you get a set of steel brake lines with the kit.
It's pricier, but I'll bet the performance gain is also there, especially for track use.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #17
HP Autosport
Lieutenant General
United_States
408

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag


Posts: 11,397
iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
NICE looking brake kit!

So there are 2 optional rotor sizes for the front, 14" and 15"?
The fronts are 6 pot and the rears a 4 pot, right?

That's a hearty improvement over the M Performance kit, plus you get a set of steel brake lines with the kit.
It's pricier, but I'll bet the performance gain is also there, especially for track use.

Yes, you have two choices for front rotors sizes, but both will come with the 6 piston ST-60 calipers.

These Stoptech BBK will outperform the BMW Performance brakes on a track day for sure. In addition, you will have more brake pad selection and spend much less time changing brake pads.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #18
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
53

 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario


Posts: 3,210
iTrader: (0)

^ minimum 18" wheel is required, right? My winters are 18" and summers are 19"...
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #19
Jackson743
Lieutenant
9

 
Drives: 335i M-Sport/EBII/ED 12/5
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA


Posts: 475
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
It's like $4700 for the entire kit.
Yikes!
__________________
EB 335i M-Sport / Euro Delivery / M-Performance Brakes / M-Performance Exhaust / Adaptive M Suspension / 19" M5 Reps / Michelin Pilot Super Sports

My European Delivery Thread http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807429
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST