F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > BMW Connected Fail Check Code 234-622-291
jb4store
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
89

 
Greenkirby21's Avatar
 
Drives: C7 Stringray
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land


Posts: 2,608
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
BMW Connected Fail Check Code 234-622-291

Hi guys . Greetings from 1addicts!

My mom got a 2012 335i. She found out about BMW apps and wanted me to help her out to get her car to work with them. Problem is, I followed the steps, but when I try the diagnostic test, it fails.

Car Options:
Sport Line
Premium Package
Technology Package
Satellite Radio
BMW assist with enhanced bluetooth and usb
BMW Apps

Here are the steps I did:

1) Downloaded BMW Connected App for iPhone
2) Turned on Car(only electronics, not full start up)
2) Connect her iPhone in glovebox via USB using standard apple cable.
3) Start the Application, run check connection
4) Get connection failed error.

Error code I get is Cable Connection Test Failed. Check code 234-622-291.

I tried using my iPhone and got same error. I also tried using my BMW USB cable Y adapter from my E82 1 series and same thing.

Does the car have to be on? We did it by just pressing the start button without holding the brakes, so the radio and HUD and electronics only turned on.

Not sure what I am missing : <

Edit: Do you need to have BMW assist activated? I don't think she has done that yet.

Thanks for your help!
__________________
2014 C7 Corvette Stringray - Laguna Blue - NPP Exhaust - Competition Seats

Last edited by Greenkirby21; 07-24-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
martinf79
Captain
27

 
martinf79's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada


Posts: 640
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
Hi guys . Greetings from 1addicts!

My mom got a 2012 335i. She found out about BMW apps and wanted me to help her out to get her car to work with them. Problem is, I followed the steps, but when I try the diagnostic test, it fails.

Car Options:
Sport Line
Premium Package
Technology Package
Satellite Radio
BMW assist with enhanced bluetooth and usb
BMW Apps

Here are the steps I did:

1) Downloaded BMW Connected App for iPhone
2) Turned on Car(only electronics, not full start up)
2) Connect her iPhone in glovebox via USB using standard apple cable.
3) Start the Application, run check connection
4) Get connection failed error.

Error code I get is Cable Connection Test Failed. Check code 234-622-291.

I tried using my iPhone and got same error. I also tried using my BMW USB cable Y adapter from my E82 1 series and same thing.

Does the car have to be on? We did it by just pressing the start button without holding the brakes, so the radio and HUD and electronics only turned on.

Not sure what I am missing : <

Edit: Do you need to have BMW assist activated? I don't think she has done that yet.

Thanks for your help!
I don't know this for fact, but I'm fairly certain that you need to plug your iphone into the USB in the arm rest and and NOT the glove box. Give that a try.
__________________

2013 335i ///M-Sport | MPPK ON ORDER | AW | BD Leather | 19 M3 ZCP Wheels | M-Sport Brakes | Adaptive M-Suspension | Variable Sport Steering | Premium Package | Enhanced Bluetooth | Sirius | BMW Apps | Heads Up Display | Speed Limit Info | M Performance Grill | Front/Rear Painted Reflectors | Coded
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
89

 
Greenkirby21's Avatar
 
Drives: C7 Stringray
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land


Posts: 2,608
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
I don't know this for fact, but I'm fairly certain that you need to plug your iphone into the USB in the arm rest and and NOT the glove box. Give that a try.

my moms car doesn't have a USB in the armrest? I couldn't find it at least o_0. There was a snap in cover in the armrest
__________________
2014 C7 Corvette Stringray - Laguna Blue - NPP Exhaust - Competition Seats
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #4
shoptb
Captain
United_States
14

 
shoptb's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 328i MSport EBII 8A
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus OH


Posts: 736
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
my moms car doesn't have a USB in the armrest? I couldn't find it at least o_0. There was a snap in cover in the armrest
Use the snap-in adapter, if that's there.
__________________
'13 F30 328i, 8SA, EBII, ZMM, ZPP, ZTP, ZLP, ZDA, ZCW, ZDH
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
89

 
Greenkirby21's Avatar
 
Drives: C7 Stringray
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land


Posts: 2,608
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
lol im dumb .

The USB in the armrest was being cover by my moms garage door opener. I got it working now
__________________
2014 C7 Corvette Stringray - Laguna Blue - NPP Exhaust - Competition Seats
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST