F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 330d M-Sports - Waiting & Delivered
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #67
NISFAN
Brigadier General
 
NISFAN's Avatar
 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

Posts: 3,510
iTrader: (0)

Stop playing with the toys and get some pics up

Congrats by the way.
NISFAN is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #68
PF64
Private First Class
 
Drives: F30 330d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 184
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCroker View Post
EPIC

My wife likes it and covered the first 50 miles

Excellent - pics and full spec will be great.
__________________
Ordered: 17/08/2012
330d M-Sport / Glacier Silver / M-Adaptive / Variable Steering / HK / Xenons - Collecting 20/12/12
Previous: E60-530d M / E60-530d M / E39-525d M
PF64 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #69
MaestroAl
Major
 
Drives: Superman 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 1,194
iTrader: (0)

C'mon ... your public awaits. Full review
__________________
"Superman 330D M Sport" Estoril Blue / Coral Red
2PF|ZAP|ZMP|ZVI|2VF|3AP|420|488|494|5DC|688|6NR
IT ARRIVED!
MaestroAl is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #70
MrCroker
New Member
 
Drives: f30 330d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Good trip out today. Variable damping excellent.

Ended up in Eco pro most of the time as it is plenty quick enough.

Bumps and b roads handled really well on the 19"

Love the colour

Downsides.. None at the minute. None of the little faults listed elsewhere either
MrCroker is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #71
MrCroker
New Member
 
Drives: f30 330d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Not sure the app has photo upload

Spec

Eb2, pro nav, visibility pack, adaptive susp, variable steering, heated seats, 19",
MrCroker is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2012, 02:05 AM   #72
PF64
Private First Class
 
Drives: F30 330d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 184
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCroker View Post
Good trip out today. Variable damping excellent.

Ended up in Eco pro most of the time as it is plenty quick enough.

Bumps and b roads handled really well on the 19"

Love the colour

Downsides.. None at the minute. None of the little faults listed elsewhere either
Sounds like you are enjoying it.

How are you finding initial throttle rsponse ? Is there a delay at all when you first squeeze the accelarator from turbo lag or does it feel more instant ?
__________________
Ordered: 17/08/2012
330d M-Sport / Glacier Silver / M-Adaptive / Variable Steering / HK / Xenons - Collecting 20/12/12
Previous: E60-530d M / E60-530d M / E39-525d M
PF64 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #73
Deezel Demon
New Member
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Yes, any initial impressions on performance??? The on-paper figures suggest it should pin you to the seat each time you slam your right foot down......!

Got 4.5 days to go before mine arrives......!!!!!
Deezel Demon is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #74
NISFAN
Brigadier General
 
NISFAN's Avatar
 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

Posts: 3,510
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezel Demon View Post

Got 4.5 days to go before mine arrives......!!!!!
Ha, I thought when I ordered....'No problem I can wait, it's just a car'

But reading about others that have just had them delivered is getting me excited.....when I start seeing them on the roads I'm going to be even more anxious for the delivery date to arrive
NISFAN is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #75
PF64
Private First Class
 
Drives: F30 330d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 184
iTrader: (0)

c'mon guys, how about some reviews, i am withdrawing.
__________________
Ordered: 17/08/2012
330d M-Sport / Glacier Silver / M-Adaptive / Variable Steering / HK / Xenons - Collecting 20/12/12
Previous: E60-530d M / E60-530d M / E39-525d M
PF64 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #76
MrCroker
New Member
 
Drives: f30 330d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

I typed a reply on the iPhone app and got the end and it just binned it...

anyway just coming up to 500 miles now. 1/4 tank left and after the a/b roads of the weekend and mostly motorway today in eco mode 46mpg overall.

playing with toys... yes and i have the connected drive login today so I just need to collect the cradle from the dealer on Wednesday. The amount of options is still a learning curve. Voice activation for the phone is good but I haven't won yet with the nav entry.

Throttle response it good. Eco mode is obviously a little slower but for general driving ok. Comfort is more than quick enough and certainly quicker than most traffic on the road. Sport is rapid. Not maxed it yet but there is time.

Look great and it feels a special place to be in. I had a guy in the motorway services come up and ask about it today. Friends who have seen it have all said great colour.

Now to sort the pictures...


12 miles Day 1


180 miles end of day 1

Last edited by MrCroker; 09-03-2012 at 06:04 PM.
MrCroker is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 12:57 AM   #77
PF64
Private First Class
 
Drives: F30 330d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 184
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCroker View Post
I typed a reply on the iPhone app and got the end and it just binned it...

anyway just coming up to 500 miles now. 1/4 tank left and after the a/b roads of the weekend and mostly motorway today in eco mode 46mpg overall.

playing with toys... yes and i have the connected drive login today so I just need to collect the cradle from the dealer on Wednesday. The amount of options is still a learning curve. Voice activation for the phone is good but I haven't won yet with the nav entry.

Throttle response it good. Eco mode is obviously a little slower but for general driving ok. Comfort is more than quick enough and certainly quicker than most traffic on the road. Sport is rapid. Not maxed it yet but there is time.

Look great and it feels a special place to be in. I had a guy in the motorway services come up and ask about it today. Friends who have seen it have all said great colour.

Now to sort the pictures...


12 miles Day 1


180 miles end of day 1
Good review thanks, car looks stunning in blue from the rear 3/4 with the 19's.
__________________
Ordered: 17/08/2012
330d M-Sport / Glacier Silver / M-Adaptive / Variable Steering / HK / Xenons - Collecting 20/12/12
Previous: E60-530d M / E60-530d M / E39-525d M
PF64 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #78
PF64
Private First Class
 
Drives: F30 330d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 184
iTrader: (0)

Looking at the thread there should 2 or 3 three more deliveries this week.

I still havn't seen one in the metal yet but I am sure they will start to appear soon.
__________________
Ordered: 17/08/2012
330d M-Sport / Glacier Silver / M-Adaptive / Variable Steering / HK / Xenons - Collecting 20/12/12
Previous: E60-530d M / E60-530d M / E39-525d M
PF64 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 05:05 AM   #79
Deezel Demon
New Member
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Awesome! Yep, mine is coming on Friday!! Do these motors have a 'run in' period...or am I able to drive like I want to right from the start???
Deezel Demon is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 05:20 AM   #80
s2000jan
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E89 - sDrive 35is
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Belgium - Antwerp area

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezel Demon View Post
Awesome! Yep, mine is coming on Friday!! Do these motors have a 'run in' period...or am I able to drive like I want to right from the start???
Dealer told me to keep below 3500rpm and below 150km/h the first 1500km, which does not mean you can't drive in a spirited way .... (as lots of torque is already available as from 1750-2000 rpm)
__________________
2012 - F30 - 330d M-pack - Glacier Silver
1999 - Honda S2000 - Silverstone
s2000jan is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 05:46 AM   #81
PF64
Private First Class
 
Drives: F30 330d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 184
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezel Demon View Post
Awesome! Yep, mine is coming on Friday!! Do these motors have a 'run in' period...or am I able to drive like I want to right from the start???
Colour & Spec ?
__________________
Ordered: 17/08/2012
330d M-Sport / Glacier Silver / M-Adaptive / Variable Steering / HK / Xenons - Collecting 20/12/12
Previous: E60-530d M / E60-530d M / E39-525d M
PF64 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #82
Deezel Demon
New Member
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Mine is: EBII, beige interior, burr walnut with pearl chrome, 18" rims, xenons, HK sound, badge delete, sun protection glass
Deezel Demon is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #83
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
 
Robin_NL's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe

Posts: 4,678
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCroker View Post
EPIC

My wife likes it and covered the first 50 miles
And when she returns to the dealership (later this week/month) she's going to pick you up?LOL

Congrats

An M sport F30 just needs 19 inch wheels. They look great.

Cheers
Robin
Robin_NL is offline   Netherlands
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #84
cwhitehe
New Member
 
Drives: BMW - F30 M-Sport 330d
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK - Yorkshire

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF64 View Post
Looking at the thread there should 2 or 3 three more deliveries this week.

I still havn't seen one in the metal yet but I am sure they will start to appear soon.
I got mine yesterday and have been too busy playing in it to come back to the forums!

Overall I am very happy (especially as 330d had a few extras I must have missed on the specs - didn't know it had front parking sensors or rain sensor).

I find the sport seats good and can get a great driving position. A few friends have commented on how much better they think it looks inside compared to the Sport model I test drove months ago. I love the steering wheel.

Comfort mode is pretty much perfect for the daily commute but driving last night on the country roads I love the response when you switch it to Sport (although I've not pushed it too much yet!).

I've got the 18" wheels on mine and the ride is really smooth (although I've come from an Audi S3 which was pretty rough so I guess anything is an improvement).

Overall, very impressed. I will post some pictures when I get time.
cwhitehe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #85
PF64
Private First Class
 
Drives: F30 330d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 184
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhitehe View Post
I got mine yesterday and have been too busy playing in it to come back to the forums!

Overall I am very happy (especially as 330d had a few extras I must have missed on the specs - didn't know it had front parking sensors or rain sensor).

I find the sport seats good and can get a great driving position. A few friends have commented on how much better they think it looks inside compared to the Sport model I test drove months ago. I love the steering wheel.

Comfort mode is pretty much perfect for the daily commute but driving last night on the country roads I love the response when you switch it to Sport (although I've not pushed it too much yet!).

I've got the 18" wheels on mine and the ride is really smooth (although I've come from an Audi S3 which was pretty rough so I guess anything is an improvement).

Overall, very impressed. I will post some pictures when I get time.
Thanks for the review which all so far appear realy good. Looking forward to the pics.

I have had 19's on my last two E60's but found the ride a tiny bit harsh and almost ticked the box this time round but went with the 18's, hopefully for a better ride.

Maybe I am getting on a bit so spent the money on the adaptive.
__________________
Ordered: 17/08/2012
330d M-Sport / Glacier Silver / M-Adaptive / Variable Steering / HK / Xenons - Collecting 20/12/12
Previous: E60-530d M / E60-530d M / E39-525d M
PF64 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #86
morellomax
Private
 
Drives: F10 535d MSport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Devon

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Watching this thread with interest, and then relief. Have just ordered a 330d m-sport on contract hire, without having driven one: my local dealer had zero knowledge of when they'd get a demo in.

Mine has xenons as part of the quoted rate. I can add other options if I pay up front list price for them. Thinking of adding HK as I'm pretty fussy about sound quality. Might also add adaptive suspension, as I want the most comfortable ride possible (only went for M-sport as the contract hire rate was much better than other specs for some odd reason). Any other suggestions ? Should I start another thread ?
morellomax is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 06:12 AM   #87
MaestroAl
Major
 
Drives: Superman 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 1,194
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warberry View Post
Watching this thread with interest, and then relief. Have just ordered a 330d m-sport on contract hire, without having driven one: my local dealer had zero knowledge of when they'd get a demo in.

Mine has xenons as part of the quoted rate. I can add other options if I pay up front list price for them. Thinking of adding HK as I'm pretty fussy about sound quality. Might also add adaptive suspension, as I want the most comfortable ride possible (only went for M-sport as the contract hire rate was much better than other specs for some odd reason). Any other suggestions ? Should I start another thread ?
Might I ask which company you're leasing through? Oh, and hte HK is epic ... truly excellent sound and the M Adaptive suspension is a must in my eyes, as is electric lumbar.
__________________
"Superman 330D M Sport" Estoril Blue / Coral Red
2PF|ZAP|ZMP|ZVI|2VF|3AP|420|488|494|5DC|688|6NR
IT ARRIVED!
MaestroAl is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #88
morellomax
Private
 
Drives: F10 535d MSport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Devon

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
Might I ask which company you're leasing through? Oh, and hte HK is epic ... truly excellent sound and the M Adaptive suspension is a must in my eyes, as is electric lumbar.
Hi,

Central Vehicle Leasing, 285pcm plus VAT (inc xenons) on 6+23 or 6+35, 10k pa. It would have been rude not to. I was on their site looking for a school run/shopping car, and strayed slightly.....

May look at electric lumbar, also walnut trim as I've gone for Sapphire black exterior and beige interior and want it to look as un-sporty as possible.
morellomax is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST