F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Am I missing a button?
GetBMWParts

09-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #23
HMFC5-1

Drives: 320d M Sport

Seems that if you only have standard rear only reversing sensors, you do not have a button to turn off the sensors. I've only had my car 2 days and twice this has been an issue when stopping to pick people up. I've had to press the stop button, even though on both occasions I was only stopping for a short period. Next time this happens I'm going to see if it is better to move into first and drive forward less than a turn of the wheel. this is the only way I can see of overcoming this without having to press the stop button when you do not have the button to stop the sensors.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #24
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom

Drives: Superman 330D M Sport

Can't you just take the car out of reverse?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #25
Msporty
Private
United Kingdom

Drives: 320d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl
Can't you just take the car out of reverse?
Nah sensors still stay on beeping away
F30 320d M Sport, Alpine White, Black Dakota, 19" 403M Style Alloys, Adaptive M Sport Suspension, Xenons with Visibility Pack, Interior Comfort pack, Harman/Kardon, DAB, Servotronic Steering, Heated Steering Wheel, Folding and dimming Ext. Mirrors, Heated seats with Lumbar Support, Enhanced Bluetooth with voice control, Full black panel display
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #26
RobUK
Major
United Kingdom

Drives: F30 328i Lux' 8SAT, Red

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Windolene wipes you tart...................
Guilty as charged, although these have now been removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
PS I carry wet wipes to clean the leather seats
Oooeeerrr.... well I hope you've got tinted windows or sunblinds!

2012 F30 328i Lux', 8SAT, Melbourne Red
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #27
Spacebug
Private First Class
United Kingdom

Drives: 2013 F30 320D M Sport

Sorry to resurrect this missing button topic again..

I was sat outside a shop at the weekend waiting for the missus. I was at the side of the road and had reversed into the parking parking space.

No beeping as there were no cars behind me. I sat there with the engine running, car sitting in neutral, minding my owning business listening to music.

Suddenly a car pulled up behind me, I nearly jumped out of my skin as the PDCs sprang into life and started beeping at me... The guy behind parked up and walked past me none the wiser - I had to kill the engine to stop the frantic beeping!!!

I can not understand why they do not only become active when you are in reverse, that's the way they used to work in my E91... Seems like a step backwards, albeit a very careful PDC guided step backwards..
2002 E46 320i M Sport, Convertible, Titanuim Silver, 19's, Xenon, Black Nappa Leather
1998 Lotus Elise 111S, Black
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #28
NISFAN
Brigadier General
England

Drives: The best kind of F30 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacebug View Post
Sorry to resurrect this missing button topic again..

I was sat outside a shop at the weekend waiting for the missus. I was at the side of the road and had reversed into the parking parking space.

No beeping as there were no cars behind me. I sat there with the engine running, car sitting in neutral, minding my owning business listening to music.

Suddenly a car pulled up behind me, I nearly jumped out of my skin as the PDCs sprang into life and started beeping at me... The guy behind parked up and walked past me none the wiser - I had to kill the engine to stop the frantic beeping!!!

I can not understand why they do not only become active when you are in reverse, that's the way they used to work in my E91... Seems like a step backwards, albeit a very careful PDC guided step backwards..
I am guessing they stay active as a parking aide. When used with the front ones they allow you to centre your car in the space. See the vid in the configurator

Have you asked your dealer whether they can be coded to reverse only?