F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > 435i M Performance rear diffuser
Extreme Power House

03-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #1
cishack
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 435i M-Sport

435i M Performance rear diffuser

I want to get the m performance rear diffuser for my 435i. I have an alpine white car and I want to get it painted exactly like the car BMW shows off its m performance parts on (see picture). When I go to the paint shop, what exactly do I ask for? I know to ask to get each side painted in alpine white up to the tailpipes. But for the middle part of the diffuser, is that painted glossy black or matte black or what?

This will be the only m performance part that I will be adding to my car, so will this screw up the aerodynamics of the car at all?

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on this part? The cheapest I've seen so far is $395 shipped.

Thanks for the help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
Alpine435i
Banned
Rep

Drives: 435i

Where have you found it for $395 shipped?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 07:45 PM   #3
Blubaron79
Colonel
Rep

Drives: '14 435 XDrive

I want to get this too, and I have the same exact question.

335 xDrive on order. (needed a 4 door for work..)
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #4
Blubaron79
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine435i
Getbmwparts.com

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #5
cishack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubaron79
Quote:
Getbmwparts.com
That price was from a local dealer. The cheapest I've seen online is at bmwpartspros and getbmwparts. They're all fairly close in price.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 09:07 PM   #6
simarddominic
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Drives: 435i XDrive M Sport MPPK+MPE

+1

It's also the only M performance part I want and I have one on order.

I want to know if it will be black and white like the picture or all black like this:

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 09:11 PM   #7
cishack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simarddominic
+1

I want to know if it will be black and white like the picture or all black like this:

It comes all black. If you want it like the picture then you have to get it painted that way. I posted the thread to see if anyone knows exactly what to ask for when I go to the paint shop because I want it done exactly as in the picture. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 12:29 PM   #8
Blubaron79
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cishack
Quote:
Originally Posted by simarddominic
+1

It comes all black. If you want it like the picture then you have to get it painted that way. I posted the thread to see if anyone knows exactly what to ask for when I go to the paint shop because I want it done exactly as in the picture. Any ideas?
Yes. I have the same question.

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #9
cishack
United_States
Rep

Does no one know the answer to this question? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #10
Alpine435i
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cishack View Post
Does no one know the answer to this question? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
What exactly is your question? The unit comes all black. You want to know how to tell the body shop on how you want it painted?

Answer: Tell them exactly how you want it painted, and they'll do it the way you want. Pretty simple. If you want it painted as it is in the picture, tell them to paint it as it is in the picture.

I don't quite get the confusion.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #11
cishack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What exactly is your question? The unit comes all black. You want to know how to tell the body shop on how you want it painted?

Answer: Tell them exactly how you want it painted, and they'll do it the way you want. Pretty simple. If you want it painted as it is in the picture, tell them to paint it as it is in the picture.

I don't quite get the confusion.
The part that I'm not too sure about is the black part in the middle. Is it suppose to be painted a glossy black or a matte black? And the two black parts on each side is that painted glossy or matte?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #12
Alpine435i
Banned
Rep

Quote:
The part that I'm not too sure about is the black part in the middle. Is it suppose to be painted a glossy black or a matte black? And the two black parts on each side is that painted glossy or matte?
The entire unit comes matte, unpainted. If you want the middle part painted gloss black, you would have to instruct a shop to paint the middle part gloss black. Additionally, if you want the rest of it outside the middle section painted white, you would have to instruct the shop to paint it white. This will result in the exact same look as in the pic posted in the initial post.

Usually, shops will happy to paint an item exactly as you ask them. They can even paint it pink for you. Or blue. Or red. Or even multicolor.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #13
cishack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
The entire unit comes matte, unpainted. If you want the middle part painted gloss black, you would have to instruct a shop to paint the middle part gloss black. Additionally, if you want the rest of it outside the middle section painted white, you would have to instruct the shop to paint it white. This will result in the exact same look as in the pic posted in the initial post.

Usually, shops will happy to paint an item exactly as you ask them. They can even paint it pink for you. Or blue. Or red. Or even multicolor.
Thanks for the info but my question is this... In the picture that I posted, is the middle black part matte or glossy?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #14
Alpine435i
Banned
Rep

Ok, now you're trolling.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 11:49 AM   #15
LagunaSecaBlue
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2014 LSB M Perf 335ix

Is this guy serious? The part has no paint. It comes unpainted. Meaning without paint.
No
Paint
Peindre
Pintar
Malen
Dipingere
Краска

ペイント
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 11:52 AM   #16
cishack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSecaBlue
Is this guy serious? The part has no paint. It comes unpainted. Meaning without paint.
No
Paint
Peindre
Pintar
Malen
Dipingere
Краска

ペイント
I know the part is unpainted and it comes matte black. My question is do I leave it matte black or do I paint it glossy black? I can't tell from the picture if the black part was left unpainted matte black or painted a glossy black. I don't know what is so hard to understand about this question...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 02:05 AM   #17
becausephilchow
Private
Rep

Drives: 2013 335iA

Quote:
I know the part is unpainted and it comes matte black. My question is do I leave it matte black or do I paint it glossy black? I can't tell from the picture if the black part was left unpainted matte black or painted a glossy black. I don't know what is so hard to understand about this question...
Looks glossy back in the first picture.

Though, it just depends on what you like. I'm leaving all my M-Performance Parts Matte black, gives some nice subtle contrast on my BSM car.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 11:30 AM   #18
reddemon73
Major
Rep

Drives: 2014 BMW 435

Anyone has DIY on installing the rear diffusor? Is it easy? Thanks