F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires > PICTURE: KW Variant 2 on my 335i
Steve Thomas BMW

12-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #89
Number

Drives: ✚

I'm on a completely different suspension set up now. I got the KWs out of my car and got a set of CKS coilovers. Thank goodness. I'd like to see an F30 on KWs that ISN'T slammed. So far all the F30s on KWs are way lower than the range of what KW themselves consider "under warranty".

Here's a mock scenario...

You get a set of KW V2s on your F30. You raise to the maximum height it can be raised and it's still really low. You don't mind though because you think it looks cool. You tolerate the horrible ride quality because well, everyone on the "enthusiast" forums say that KWs are the shiznit! And you think that perhaps this is just the way coilover suspensions are supposed to be. I mean, what do you know right? Everyone on the "enthusiast" forum says that KWs are awesome right?

Well... since the car is so low, the dampers have been working over time and now they're starting to leaking oil because you live in a city where the streets aren't as smooth as a race track. So you call up KW and say, "Hey, my dampers are leaking and it's still under warranty." They would ask you to fill out a tech sheet for their review. Which you happily oblige to do. After reviewing the tech sheet, they determine that you lowered your car too much and therefore the entire kit is out of warranty. You try to explain to them that that is the absolute highest the car will go. They say, tough luck. It must've been the shop's fault in how they installed it. Or it must've been your fault for something else. Anything but their own faulty manufacturing. After all, they have a 7 point suspension dyno! And even other companies beg them to test their systems on their dyno. But most importantly, everyone on the "enthusiast" forum thinks KWs are the shiznit!
      12-24-2012, 01:33 AM   #90
nano10
Major

Drives: 2013 335i aka Kal-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
I'm on a completely different suspension set up now. I got the KWs out of my car and got a set of CKS coilovers. Thank goodness. I'd like to see an F30 on KWs that ISN'T slammed. So far all the F30s on KWs are way lower than the range of what KW themselves consider "under warranty".

You get a set of KW V2s on your F30. You raise to the maximum height it can be raised and it's still really low. You don't mind though because you think it looks cool. You tolerate the horrible ride quality because well, everyone on the "enthusiast" forums say that KWs are the shiznit! And you think that perhaps this is just the way coilover suspensions are supposed to be. I mean, what do you know right? Everyone on the "enthusiast" forum says that KWs are awesome right?

Well... since the car is so low, the dampers have been working over time and now they're starting to leaking oil because you live in a city where the streets aren't as smooth as a race track. So you call up KW and say, "Hey, my dampers are leaking and it's still under warranty." They would ask you to fill out a tech sheet for their review. Which you happily oblige to do. After reviewing the tech sheet, they determine that you lowered your car too much and therefore the entire kit is out of warranty. You try to explain to them that that is the absolute highest the car will go. They say, tough luck. It must've been the shop's fault in how they installed it. Or it must've been your fault for something else. Anything but their own faulty manufacturing. After all, they have a 7 point suspension dyno! And even other companies beg them to test their systems on their dyno. But most importantly, everyone on the "enthusiast" forum thinks KWs are the shiznit!
This post is so funny, I have never had coils but I am researching KW coilovers heavily because of forum and enthusiast opinion. Glad to know im not alone.
      12-24-2012, 03:07 AM   #91
rxander
Lieutenant

Drives: F30 Alpine White

Quote:

That sucks I know there isn't a 100% defective free product on the planet, but I'm definitely going to shop around and look to other products based on shoddy customer service.
      12-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #92
Petro914
Private

Drives: F30 335I M Sport

cks review

Quote:

Please give review of cks coilovers asap! Have been waiting for KW re-release, although patients are running low.
Petro914 is offline   United_States
      12-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #93
Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro914 View Post
Please give review of cks coilovers asap! Have been waiting for KW re-release, although patients are running low.
I will definitely give a CKS review. I'm still tinkering with it to get the settings just right. I will post up a review soon, but I want to wait after the holidays. But if you're asking if I prefer it over the KWs... Absolutely.
      12-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #94
Casualvic
Private First Class

Drives: 328i xdrive

I bought a set like this for my 2010 audi a4..... Same problem!! Too low of a drop being at max"adjustable" height. I purchased from a vendor that was really good in helping me, they asked for measurements and I needed to fill out a kw form. I ended up trading in audi for 2013 f30xi. I could not understand the big gap and lack of spring, and not being able to raise any higher that two finger height..... No more kw for me
      12-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #95
Johnja

Drives: Bmw f30 335i

Garage List
2012 BMW 335I  [0.00]
My f30 with h&r

This is my daily driver with adaptive M suspension, and H&R coils lowering 30mm back and front.

Last edited by Johnja; 12-27-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Johnja is offline   Norway
      12-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #96
Number

Drop looks perfect Johnja. How's the ride quality? From what I have collected, the H&R coilovers doesn't have the damper adjustment. Am I wrong?

Post up your review in this thread.
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728604

It will help out everyone a lot!
      05-17-2013, 01:22 AM   #97
infinitigor
Captain

Drives: 13' 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnja View Post

This is my daily driver with adaptive M suspension, and H&R coils lowering 30mm back and front.
look's great, hows the ride quality. many say h&r coilovers are very very rough...
      05-17-2013, 01:48 AM   #98
M2-Motoring
Private

Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

i've had CKS coilovers on several vehicles in the past and love them a lot. I definitely recommend them.
      05-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #99
SandysABtch
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2003 e46

for reference, my e46 has pretty much the identical setup down to your description, painted black rear shocks, also the way to adjust is the same. ive worked on my e46 for many years now so adjusting the perch isnt an issue for me but i can see where it can be a pain. my biggest issue is the plastic adjustment rings for the fronts. they strip and wear down and i am clueless as to why they didnt use metal. anyway, im sorry to hear you have a bad experience with KW. i have only had amazing feelings towards their V2 set up
      05-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #100
Pandi
Enlisted Member

Drives: A6

I have KW V2 on my S4 and had the same issue with the rears being too low. I had to get new rear springs from them that were taller. There is no way I will put KW on my F30 or any other cars in the future.