2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Shadowline window trim glue - help - save me $200
      01-07-2015, 03:35 PM   #1

Drives: 428i

Shadowline window trim glue - help - save me $200

Without getting into details, the shadowline trim on one part of my window came off. It was glued back on (I think), but didn't hold.

Does anyone know if it is possible to glue on? BMW is saying that it is necessary to buy a new trim piece which will cost about $150 for the part (in Poland). Only help, no comments about fix under warranty etc please.

The trim should go where I have circled yellow in the first picture.

In the second picture it should attach to the part circled in red, the part is circled in yellow above in the second picture. The glue they used did not hold so only the red circled part was holding the trim on.

Any suggestions regarding how to glue? It goes below freezing here in the winter. They say they could try to glue again and keep the car warm for 2 days, but they don't believe it will hold.
Attached Images
Appreciate 0