F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F30 M Sport discounts
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #45
Mungogrubb
Private
Mungogrubb's Avatar
1
Rep
94
Posts

 
Drives: 328i M Spt,SpAuto,GSilver
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Northamptonshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Red face Wish I had found this site before ordering!

Hi guys, first post on this amazingly informative forum- just wish i had found it before stumping up the cash.

Anyway ordered my car on Saturday and managed a meagre 8% discount did get them to throw in 3Yr servicing for free but that looks a bit weak now.

Never mind- looking forward to it none the less

On order F30 328i M Sport in Glacier Silver ( easy to keep clean), Sport Auto, Heated Seats, Enhanced Bluetooth plus some other stuff.

Dont want Nav but starting to wish I had gone for HK and Xenons ?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #46
UK_
Lieutenant
UK_'s Avatar
7
Rep
404
Posts

 
Drives: M4 Convertible Tanzanite Blue
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Hi,

Personal choice on options but I think xenon a are a must not just for resale. The standard halogen drls look naff in my opinion. HK depends on how much you like your music but it is immense. Personally I can't wait to hear the Hoff in 600w surround sound!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #47
reeper
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: northwest

iTrader: (0)

Congrats on the free 3 yrs
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #48
Mungogrubb
Private
Mungogrubb's Avatar
1
Rep
94
Posts

 
Drives: 328i M Spt,SpAuto,GSilver
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Northamptonshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper View Post
Congrats on the free 3 yrs
cheers Reeper

Think it was just a bit of luck as the dealer tried to slip in Protect & Seal onto the invoice without discussing or confirming i wanted it and 'forgot' to deduct the discount we had agreed. Made a bit of fuss, told him I expect that behaviour from a second hand car dealer not BMW- he got a bit twitchy corrected his 'mistakes' and offered the servicing as a goodwill gesture!

Left in no doubt he's tried that stuff before and probably got away with it
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #49
yachtchef
New Member
United Kingdom
1
Rep
29
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 f31 3.0d msport ebII
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: exeter

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
No discount on factory fitted options.

Hi, has anyone been offered discounts on factory fitted options? I have a f31 on order and want to add Hk speakers to it, asked for a deal and was told we can't do deals or discount factory fitted options? Just feel like I,m being ripped off as I didn't get much of a discount either as I ordered before the launch.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #50
NISFAN
Brigadier General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
70
Rep
4,288
Posts

 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

To be honest....not many salesmen will discount an option AFTER you have signed up. The reason given is rubbish, they have more discount to offer on options than they do on the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #51
dopper99
Brigadier General
dopper99's Avatar
England
61
Rep
4,270
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtchef View Post
Hi, has anyone been offered discounts on factory fitted options? I have a f31 on order and want to add Hk speakers to it, asked for a deal and was told we can't do deals or discount factory fitted options? Just feel like I,m being ripped off as I didn't get much of a discount either as I ordered before the launch.
I doubt you will get anything at all off options at the moment on a F3X.

If you go to Broadspeed, they are not even knocking anything off options, example here of a 330d M Sport.

http://www.broadspeed.com/new_cars/B...rt_Auto_4_door

and if the likes of Broadspeed are not knocking anything off you wont get nothing from the dealer direct. I remember when I looking for a E90 last year, Broadspeed were knocking down the price of options then. But obviously as the F3X is new, you wont get much for a while.


I've approached 3 dealers and getting little knocked off a F30. Seems BMW themselves are not allowing any (or very little) discounts and hence the dealers appear not to be discounting.

Last edited by dopper99; 09-30-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #52
NISFAN
Brigadier General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
70
Rep
4,288
Posts

 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb79 View Post
Hi,

Personal choice on options but I think xenon a are a must not just for resale. The standard halogen drls look naff in my opinion. HK depends on how much you like your music but it is immense. Personally I can't wait to hear the Hoff in 600w surround sound!
I agree amongst us enthusiasts Xenon look the nuts, but that is just a visual thing from the outside.

Most F30's don't have Xenon, out of the 60+ or so F30's I've seen on the road, only maybe 2 or 3 had Xenons.

I personally don't even like Xenons from a driving point of view, they are continually hunting up and down on the auto leveling system, which looks rubbish. The only advantage is that the spread of light looks more even than with Halogens, and a more natural colour.

No idea why I chose them , lol
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #53
Deyvy
First Lieutenant
4
Rep
302
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330D Finally. Love it!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchester

iTrader: (0)

I managed to get 10-11% discount on mine. I didnt get the free 3 year servicing.

My fiancee did most of the negotiating. Generally speaking the vast majority of us folk in the UK aren't used to negotiating this type purchase.

It is quite time consuming and each situation is different. My own experience of my first car/BMW purchase, was that we went through it all. After having met twice and talked a few times about the spec. Gave me the full list price. Then thats when you start talking about price.

Once they know your serious about buying (and looking to place the order) and not fishing for a price to hammer another BMW dealer they start talking about discounts. With me the guy talked about the price we were willing to pay, not a % discount. So obviously started off with a low price, then work up to where we both agreed.

I found I was talking to a salesman who didnt actually have the power to discount it so each time he had to ask his sales manager. But all in all, everyone happy, me the most

We did ask a car consultant who we use to buy all our company cars with, but he could only get 6%. I have heard that though BMW do give better discounts to private buyers.

Edit: I looked at Broadspeed too before, comparison. Its about 6% discount from list. That happened to me, I had to add split rear folding seats after I signed up, no discount. But in reality its only 30 quid off if he did.
__________________
330D M Sport Estoril Blue 19" + M Sport Brakes, Adaptive Suspension, HK Sound, HUD, Stop+Go, Vis Pack, New Pro Nav.

Last edited by Deyvy; 09-30-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #54
dopper99
Brigadier General
dopper99's Avatar
England
61
Rep
4,270
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
I agree amongst us enthusiasts Xenon look the nuts, but that is just a visual thing from the outside.

Most F30's don't have Xenon, out of the 60+ or so F30's I've seen on the road, only maybe 2 or 3 had Xenons.

I personally don't even like Xenons from a driving point of view, they are continually hunting up and down on the auto leveling system, which looks rubbish. The only advantage is that the spread of light looks more even than with Halogens, and a more natural colour.

No idea why I chose them , lol
I beg to differ and love xenons for both outside appearance and lighting the road .
Trouble with the F30, you cant spec just xenons, the configurer wont let you do its and it adds on headlamp washers (which I could do without). So 495 turns into 710 for xenons.
You have to order the headlamp washers whether you like it or not with xenons so why list them both separately?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #55
NISFAN
Brigadier General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
70
Rep
4,288
Posts

 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
I beg to differ and love xenons for both outside appearance and lighting the road .
Trouble with the F30, you cant spec just xenons, the configurer wont let you do its and it adds on headlamp washers (which I could do without). So 495 turns into 710 for xenons.
You have to order the headlamp washers whether you like it or not with xenons so why list them both separately?
I guess in case halogen owners want washers added the price is there. Xenons it is a legal requirement.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #56
rjberry
Captain
rjberry's Avatar
United Kingdom
19
Rep
764
Posts

 
Drives: M5 Singapore Grey
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Wales

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 M5  [4.50]
I must have been quite lucky. I originally got my discount on my first spec which I then changed several times after placing the order. Each change I made I got the original discount applied to the new cost. So the % discount I was originally offered was still the same % discount on the final total. I even managed to get the APR lowered after placing the order and the final total of the PCP increased. Mind you, with the commission due to the salesman I've probably paid for his next summer holiday

On the xenons. I love them It's great now the days are drawing in I get a chance to use them! Driving along the motorway where the roadworks are out in force with the cones along the hard shoulder is actually a great experience. The light reflecting off the cones from the halogens of the car in front looks much better when the xenon light hits it. I even love the way the headlights go on their crazy dance to auto adjust.
__________________
M5 Singapore Grey with Sakhir Orange interior
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #57
F30FAN
Private First Class
F30FAN's Avatar
United Kingdom
3
Rep
194
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Wink

After obtaining a quote with about 7% discount from a London Dealer (whose customer service was appalling btw) I took my piece of paper to a Dealer in the Midlands and without much haggling managed a discount of 12.5% and a lot better customer care. They also took my Porsche 911 C4 as a part ex.. so it pays to shop around!!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #58
JRINNS
Private First Class
JRINNS's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
128
Posts

 
Drives: Audi A5 Cab and Jag XJ
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30FAN View Post
After obtaining a quote with about 7% discount from a London Dealer (whose customer service was appalling btw) I took my piece of paper to a Dealer in the Midlands and without much haggling managed a discount of 12.5% and a lot better customer care. They also took my Porsche 911 C4 as a part ex.. so it pays to shop around!!
Coventry BMW?
__________________
BMW E90 325i MSport 146000 and counting - Gone and will be missed.
Range Rover Evoque White Dynamic - Gone
Audi A5 Cab
+ 1 more undecided.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #59
RobUK
Major
RobUK's Avatar
United Kingdom
20
Rep
1,100
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i Lux' 8SAT, Red
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sussex, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
I beg to differ and love xenons for both outside appearance and lighting the road .
+1

The killer feature for me is the adaptive lighting which only comes with Xenons. Not so fussed about how Xenons look to other road users, but after many miles on the A1 at night in driving rain - adaptive Xenons were an absolute godsend. Standard halogens are ok for 'normal' use, but in that situation... no thankyou.
__________________

2012 F30 328i Lux', 8SAT, Melbourne Red
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #60
F30FAN
Private First Class
F30FAN's Avatar
United Kingdom
3
Rep
194
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

JRINNS..Leicester BMW.
__________________
F30 330d MSport
Alpine White|19"Star Spoke Alloys| Dakota Leather|Advanced Parking|Visibility|BMW Pro Media Pkge|MSport Braking System|MSport|Susp|HUD|S L D|Harmon/Kardon

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #61
JRINNS
Private First Class
JRINNS's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
128
Posts

 
Drives: Audi A5 Cab and Jag XJ
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30FAN View Post
JRINNS..Leicester BMW.
Good to know, brother in law used them for X6 40d and F30 320d so hopefully I will get 12.5%. Not in a position to order until the new year.

You ordered some extra's!
__________________
BMW E90 325i MSport 146000 and counting - Gone and will be missed.
Range Rover Evoque White Dynamic - Gone
Audi A5 Cab
+ 1 more undecided.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #62
dopper99
Brigadier General
dopper99's Avatar
England
61
Rep
4,270
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
+1

The killer feature for me is the adaptive lighting which only comes with Xenons. Not so fussed about how Xenons look to other road users, but after many miles on the A1 at night in driving rain - adaptive Xenons were an absolute godsend. Standard halogens are ok for 'normal' use, but in that situation... no thankyou.
Yeah xenons are fab. This morning I pulled into a road following 4-5 cars and I noticed a road sign being lit up quite some distance ahead nearly 100yds I guess - and I realised it was from my car lights - not from the cars in front. They really do project a long way.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #63
NISFAN
Brigadier General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
70
Rep
4,288
Posts

 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Do they still do that lazy hunting up and down on hilly roads like e9x did?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 05:34 AM   #64
F30FAN
Private First Class
F30FAN's Avatar
United Kingdom
3
Rep
194
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRINNS View Post
Good to know, brother in law used them for X6 40d and F30 320d so hopefully I will get 12.5%. Not in a position to order until the new year.

You ordered some extra's!
They are a lot more accomodating on the day you walk in to do the actual deal (best time to go in is just before end of month), however after the initial deal ... I added a few more options and they would not apply the discount on the new extra's...so to get the best deal make sure you have chosen all you need before hand... after reading many threads on here I changed my extra's many times!! One of the reasons why it ended up so long...
__________________
F30 330d MSport
Alpine White|19"Star Spoke Alloys| Dakota Leather|Advanced Parking|Visibility|BMW Pro Media Pkge|MSport Braking System|MSport|Susp|HUD|S L D|Harmon/Kardon

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #65
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
5,348
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRINNS View Post
Coventry BMW?
Coventry they are crap.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 04:24 AM   #66
JRINNS
Private First Class
JRINNS's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
128
Posts

 
Drives: Audi A5 Cab and Jag XJ
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30FAN View Post
They are a lot more accomodating on the day you walk in to do the actual deal (best time to go in is just before end of month), however after the initial deal ... I added a few more options and they would not apply the discount on the new extra's...so to get the best deal make sure you have chosen all you need before hand... after reading many threads on here I changed my extra's many times!! One of the reasons why it ended up so long...
So you got 12.5% off the total ?, good to know as I've spec'd mine and it comes to 44k so 12.5 will be nice !

Waiting to order, Jan - March time when pennies are flowing, anyone know if you buy a car before the Financial Year End then they get the credit for the sale that year or when its delivered?
__________________
BMW E90 325i MSport 146000 and counting - Gone and will be missed.
Range Rover Evoque White Dynamic - Gone
Audi A5 Cab
+ 1 more undecided.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST