2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > What am I doing wrong? address entry problem
Rohana Wheels
      09-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #1

Drives: F30 328i tech

What am I doing wrong? address entry problem

Good time of the day to all.

F30 2012 - my firs BMW, bough it few weeks back. Enjoying the car, but one part of it keeps me ....wandering. I have Tech Pack, so Nav is in the part. Entering address is something where I had a few uncomfortable moments. For instance, address below. This is just China Buffet. This is an old established area for many decades, Google Maps, Garmin GPSs find it with ease. But in BMW I can enter State, City and Road, but entry field for house number id blocked out. I do not understand why.

Interesting is that if I search "Points of Interest" for restaurants around that area I do find that "China Buffet & Mangolia BBQ", and it has exactly the address as below.

Maps I updated just 2 days ago to 2016-1, though that would fix the problem, but no. Still hope that this is me doing something wrong. If you have an explanation, of a hint - I would appreciate that.

230 W Rand Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 01:13 PM   #2

Drives: 2015 435 IX GC

Maybe your car is trying to protect you from almost certain digestive distress . Seriously though I've had the same issue for places that should be very obviously found. It's especially annoying for me because I can find the place on google maps, but not on the map software inside "my BMW remote", even though it seems to use google maps. I also can't send the address to my phone from google maps because Google says it can't contact BMW.

Appreciate 0