F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Lost Bluetooth/USB after NBT/6WA Retrofit??
Studio RSR

05-25-2023, 05:53 PM   #1
tikalize
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

Lost Bluetooth/USB after NBT/6WA Retrofit??

I was able to make calls and stream music from my phone from the donor NBT unit before coding it and cluster. After coding my phone says I'm connected to car, I can make calls but cannot stream music anymore. Bluetooth status say "Loading" on IDrive display. USB worked fine before coding also. I VO coded 609, Changed 6NH to 6NS and 6WA. I followed everything to the tee and rechecked many times. Any ideas on why I lost these features? Im not using a CanBus Emulator. If I'm leaving out any important info please lmk. Any help would be much appreciated. Also CD player inop but maybe not related. It wont load and say "Checking" when selected.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 02:35 AM   #2
tikalize
Enlisted Member
Rep

Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm all over the place on this problem. This is a used NBT and 6WA and those items worked fine until I coded using Esys 3.40.2. Is it possible that the coding reset the NBT back to default settings? I care more about Bluetooth music from my phone and USB in the armrest than Nav and both was working fine. Is it possible that the NBT could be on a different I level than the car? Do I have to FDL code the unit for it to work? I totally think I'm missing something here and trust me I've have read post on Many forums on a possible solution to this problem but coming up empty handed. I cant be the only one out there that has or is having this problem. Please excuse me if I'm using the wrong terminology. Can Someone chime in?? By the way the donor VIN is different from my car.

Last edited by tikalize; 05-26-2023 at 02:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 05:39 AM   #3
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikalize View Post
Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm all over the place on this problem. This is a used NBT and 6WA and those items worked fine until I coded using Esys 3.40.2. Is it possible that the coding reset the NBT back to default settings? I care more about Bluetooth music from my phone and USB in the armrest than Nav and both was working fine. Is it possible that the NBT could be on a different I level than the car? Do I have to FDL code the unit for it to work? I totally think I'm missing something here and trust me I've have read post on Many forums on a possible solution to this problem but coming up empty handed. I cant be the only one out there that has or is having this problem. Please excuse me if I'm using the wrong terminology. Can Someone chime in?? By the way the donor VIN is different from my car.
Did you check which i-level all the ECU's are on?
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2023, 08:54 AM   #4
tikalize
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hello mrpingu. I did not. Can you please tell me how to do so?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 12:14 PM   #5
tikalize
Enlisted Member
Rep

I guess I'm asking the question in a wrong way. If I VO coded the NBT and Kombi per instructions By changing 6NH to 6NS and adding 609 what could possibly be the reasons I don't have USB or Bluetooth streaming? If it's beyond my skill set I would like to know if I should seek medical attention now lol. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 12:19 PM   #6
tikalize
Enlisted Member
Rep

Everything not working is under the Multimedia Tab. CD/DVD, Bluetooth, USB
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 05:35 PM   #7
tikalize
Enlisted Member
Rep

Could there be anything in this VO that would conflict with the task?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 11:15 AM   #8
tikalize
Enlisted Member
Rep

Nobody with a little advise Huh. Im spinning my wheels here...
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 12:17 PM   #9
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

What car is this going in to and what head unit did it originally have? I've just checked the VO for my cars that came with factory fitted NBT and it has these options in the VO relating to the HU:

609 - Navigation system Professional
654 - DAB tuner
6AC - Intelligent emergency call
6AE - TeleServices
6AK - ConnectedDrive services
6AM - Real-Time Traffic Information
6AN - Concierge Services
6AP - Remote Services
6NS - Convenience Telephony, Extended with Smartphone Connectivity

In short I can't see anything obvious in your VO that would be an issue, and I can't see any of the missing options there being an issue either.

What Zeitkriterium is your FA set to?

Last edited by Zheez; 05-27-2023 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2023, 12:36 PM   #10
tikalize
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hello Zheez, The car is a 2013 335i and the original HU is Entry with without Nav. My plans after reading and reading was to install the unit and have someone create a FSC Bin to load via USB. Instructions sounded simple on the process. I understand by making changes to the VO defaults the NBT to factory but I don't understand why I would lose USB and B/T Streaming. ANY suggestion rather than silence would be helpful. Thanks for the response.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 12:42 PM   #11
tikalize
Enlisted Member
Rep

Zeitkriterium is set to 07/13
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 12:50 PM   #12
tikalize
Enlisted Member
Rep

The VIN Under FZAuftrag/Header is my cars VIN. Does that matter? When I changed it to the donors VIN got an error when coding the HU.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 01:09 PM   #13
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
I am missing a lot of structured information about starting situation, work done and What you already tried, not to mention impatient behaviour by posting multiple replies after eacht other.

So what did you do? STEP by STEP?

Did you try reversering the coding back, do they start to function again?
VO-code is a set of FDL entries, so it might help finding the culprit? Did you try to reset the head unit to default state?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 01:12 PM   #14
tikalize
Enlisted Member
Rep

The FSC status reads the state of 2 ECU's and mostly all Cert Status is accepted and FSC Status is Rejected. Could that possibly be why I don't have CD/DVD, USB and B/T Streaming? Are any of these Certs responsible for the 3 inop items? I'm not trying to get Nav @ this point but want to work out getting these 3 items back then proceed to Nav.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 01:20 PM   #15
tikalize
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpingu View Post
I am missing a lot of structured information about starting situation, work done and What you already tried, not to mention impatient behaviour by posting multiple replies after eacht other.

So what did you do? STEP by STEP?

Did you try reversering the coding back, do they start to function again?
VO-code is a set of FDL entries, so it might help finding the culprit? Did you try to reset the head unit to default state?
mrpingu please excuse my impatient behaviour. Im just posting my steps as I go thru them and trying to give as much structured info as possible. My apologies to all. Yes I have tried reversing the coding to original many times with no luck. I have no idea on how to reset to default state.

Step by Step. I installed the NBT and opened Esys 3.40.2. I followed this link https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/n...-guide.914613/ to the letter for retrofitting from HU_Entry to HU_NBT. I changed the VO accordingly and coded the NBT. The cluster arrived the next day and I added 6WA to the VO and re coded the NBT and the cluster for the first time. Everthing worked before the first coding of the NBT.

Last edited by tikalize; 05-27-2023 at 01:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 03:30 PM   #16
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Which FSC are rejected, can you share more details?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 04:08 PM   #17
tikalize
Enlisted Member
Rep

Sure.
Cert accepted status Rejected
AppID 158
AppID 160
AppID 222
AppID 111
AppID 159
AppID 156

AppID 229 (Cert accepted Status not available)

Cert not available status rejected
AppID 168
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2023, 05:44 PM   #18
tikalize
Enlisted Member
Rep

Ok guys I tried just about everything. I have read, googled, read and read again. I have used Bimmerutility to check and see if any of the options that are inop was defaulted to "Not Active" when I changed the VO but I didn't come across anything that helps in this situation. I have followed the steps in the link above over and over again thinking it was my error. At this point I believe either this NBT is damaged (makes no sense because it was working before I changed the VO) or the rejected FSC codes disabled these items. My plan was to not use a emulator, Install and VO/Code the units and buy a bin file Right now its not just a problem of not having Navigation but the fact that my USB won't read to install a FSC bin file. I know it's impossible for you guys to know exactly what maybe my problem. At this point it's not about being impatient I just figured with of over 300 views I would have gotten more suggestions on what path I should take at this point in the road. I don't expect for forum members to drop their daily routines just because I needed help. Thanks to the couple heads that chimed in.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2023, 11:46 AM   #19
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
I am by no means an expert on .FSC but maybe you can fix these first? I believe you don’t need working usb as you can fix those via ENET cable but like I said I am not really expert on this matter.

But I agree with you that is very weird that it happened AFTER you coded.

Maybe it is the FSC after all as you said you changed / edited VIN so that would make sense invalidating FSCs.
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2023, 03:57 PM   #20
tikalize
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpingu View Post
I am by no means an expert on .FSC but maybe you can fix these first? I believe you don’t need working usb as you can fix those via ENET cable but like I said I am not really expert on this matter.

But I agree with you that is very weird that it happened AFTER you coded.

Maybe it is the FSC after all as you said you changed / edited VIN so that would make sense invalidating FSCs.
Yes weird huh? Iam to the point now that I cant believe it has anything to do with coding but maybe a hardware problem. I by no means are a stranger to coding (Just not BMW's) and have a heavy background in electronics. Plus I follow instructions and pickup very well. My job depends on it. I just couldn't figure this one out so I took a break from it for a bit, clear my head and then jump back in. I will figure this out for sure! Then when I do I will definitely post the solution so somebody down the road experiences the same problem. We were ALL newbies once upon a time. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2023, 05:23 AM   #21
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikalize View Post
Yes weird huh? Iam to the point now that I cant believe it has anything to do with coding but maybe a hardware problem. I by no means are a stranger to coding (Just not BMW's) and have a heavy background in electronics. Plus I follow instructions and pickup very well. My job depends on it. I just couldn't figure this one out so I took a break from it for a bit, clear my head and then jump back in. I will figure this out for sure! Then when I do I will definitely post the solution so somebody down the road experiences the same problem. We were ALL newbies once upon a time. Thanks again.
Just curious, were you able to solve it?
Appreciate 0