F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > First time buying/placing an order..need some advice..
Extreme Powerhouse

09-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i

Question First time buying/placing an order..need some advice..

I am looking forward to placing an order for my first ever BMW, a 328i with M-Sports package. I am kinda new to the whole BYO and placing an order for a car. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how the whole process works like the negotiations, finance(when do I make my down payment) etc.
I'm from Chicago, any recommended dealerships who have have great sales as well as service people?

Any would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
IronSunrise
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i Sport

Did it all work out?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Dirtybird
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi

I used Perillo, they were great. Was going to order, then they got almost the exact car I wanted in, so by luck, I purchased it. Limited room on negotiation of price, maybe more on 328, because they stock more, but 335 is tough to get right now. You make down payment when you actually receive the car. My advice after driving both, if you can swing it, bump it up to the 335, you won't believe how much fun it is to drive in sport mode. They did a great job with the car, the mSport package looks beautiful in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronSunrise View Post
Did it all work out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtybird View Post
I used Perillo, they were great. Was going to order, then they got almost the exact car I wanted in, so by luck, I purchased it. Limited room on negotiation of price, maybe more on 328, because they stock more, but 335 is tough to get right now. You make down payment when you actually receive the car. My advice after driving both, if you can swing it, bump it up to the 335, you won't believe how much fun it is to drive in sport mode. They did a great job with the car, the mSport package looks beautiful in my opinion.
Thanks for the responses guys.

I ended up ordering with MotorWerks back in October. Hoping to take delivery in 2 weeks. Can't wait.
      12-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
MNBart
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X5MC; '97 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtybird
Not necessarily true. There is always negotiation rule but it obviously depends on the dealer
      01-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #6
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi M Sport

Garage List
I'm about to order my first bmw as well.

I have a question about financing. I'm putting most part of the price down and financing a small portion. When should I apply for financing? before the order is placed, or before the car is about to be delivered?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0