F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Anyone getting a f30 BELOW invoice?
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #45
ES_TRADER
Colonel
 
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC

Posts: 2,464
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor (o ...  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [5.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [4.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [5.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Ok so I'm getting 1050 below invoice on an ordered 13 335i. Dealer has plenty allocations he told me

Extra 300 cuz of BMW apps they bringing it back till EOY
ES_TRADER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #46
DarkTrigger
Professional
 
DarkTrigger's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i MPPK
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LB, SoCal

Posts: 973
iTrader: (0)

$500 over invoice for custom order. With $1,500 USAA discount with their financing it'll be $1,000 below invoice if I receive it before the end of the year. It's been released to carrier, but it's in SA...
DarkTrigger is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #47
Mako
2000 M Roadster (sold), 2006 M Coupe (sold)
 
Drives: '12 X3 35i M Spt '13 335 M Spt
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,315
iTrader: (0)

most of these deals can't be compared to each other, different incentives, different locations, trade-ins...

in my case its $1,000 over invoice but I have $1750 in incentives plus the dealer is giving me about $1100 tax credit that no other dealer was willing to do, now dealers normally keep those tax credits for themselves, I have bought tons of cars and had never even heard of a dealer doing that for a customer until now. I am sure they made money on my trade in, probably more than they are making on my 335i, haha, but in the end I couldn't have sold my trade in for more than I was getting from them with even the regular tax credit (not including their bonus credit). So I feel as though I am walking out the door getting this car for about $1850 under invoice. How can I not be happy wtih that? and I know the dealer still is making money on the new sale, my trade in and future service. Could I have gotten $250-$500 more off, maybe, but that dealership might not have also offered full tax credit on my trade by using their tax credits from other trade ins...
Mako is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #48
z4ps
Lieutenant
 
z4ps's Avatar
 
Drives: 335 IS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Socal

Posts: 471
iTrader: (13)

Jesus christ.

Getting any vehicle at invoice is good deal.


There's no other dealer incentive available applies for F30 3 series at the moment anyways.
z4ps is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #49
SamS
Brigadier General
 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,494
iTrader: (0)

Seem like 335i is in very short supply. I saw the allocations for 335i through PW47, yesterday at my dealer. Saw virtually none, and a bunch of 328i and 528i.

As such, seems like it would be tough to get crazy deals on the 335i. Very few on the lot, and not many available to be built.
SamS is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #50
rjc32000
First Lieutenant
 
rjc32000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M Sport X Drive
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alaska

Posts: 305
iTrader: (0)

I'd always assumed that ED cars were cheaper because the tariffs on exporting new cars was higher than on used cars, and that doing an ED technically allowed them to classify the car as used and avoid new car import/export tariffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
No. The reason ED is so much cheaper is because those cars don't qualify for the dealers' satisfaction surveys. The dealer obviously makes money on those. Since BMW doesn't have to pay for those bonuses, the savings gets passed onto the buyer via lower ED MSRP.
rjc32000 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #51
SamS
Brigadier General
 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,494
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc32000 View Post
I'd always assumed that ED cars were cheaper because the tariffs on exporting new cars was higher than on used cars, and that doing an ED technically allowed them to classify the car as used and avoid new car import/export tariffs.
Nope.
SamS is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #52
rjc32000
First Lieutenant
 
rjc32000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M Sport X Drive
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alaska

Posts: 305
iTrader: (0)

Good to know. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Nope.
rjc32000 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #53
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,446
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Seem like 335i is in very short supply. I saw the allocations for 335i through PW47, yesterday at my dealer. Saw virtually none, and a bunch of 328i and 528i.

As such, seems like it would be tough to get crazy deals on the 335i. Very few on the lot, and not many available to be built.
Got invoice pricing on a fully loaded F30 335i M-Sport

Placed the order in June and am picking up the car this weekend.

The dealer only had one allocation during the month when my order was officially accepted (Septembe build).
Gins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #54
SamS
Brigadier General
 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,494
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Got invoice pricing on a fully loaded F30 335i M-Sport

Placed the order in June and am picking up the car this weekend.

The dealer only had one allocation during the month when my order was officially accepted (Septembe build).
Sounds like a very nice deal.
SamS is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #55
azzurro
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Del Mar, CA

Posts: 398
iTrader: (0)

I ordered mine today and got invoice using the $1,500 USAA credit. I could have tried to get it lower but I was happy with the price given that I made a phone call to the fleet manager at the dealership close to my house just today and a half hour later I was at the dealership and 20 niuntes later I was back in my car going home with my production number.

He told me before I came that he might be able to give me a couple of hundred more off but I decided not to pursue it and use it as a "good faith" credit with him and the dealership for some things down the road. He is going to give me $450 in golf certificates at a nice golf club nearby so if you include that, I did get it below invoice. lol
azzurro is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #56
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 BMW 335i M-Sport EB-II
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Miami Beach

Posts: 238
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurro View Post
I ordered mine today and got invoice using the $1,500 USAA credit. I could have tried to get it lower but I was happy with the price given that I made a phone call to the fleet manager at the dealership close to my house just today and a half hour later I was at the dealership and 20 niuntes later I was back in my car going home with my production number.

He told me before I came that he might be able to give me a couple of hundred more off but I decided not to pursue it and use it as a "good faith" credit with him and the dealership for some things down the road. He is going to give me $450 in golf certificates at a nice golf club nearby so if you include that, I did get it below invoice. lol
I don't get it? How are you guys getting such good deals so easily? Are some BMW dealerships suffering for sales that much?

I can understand someone getting an incredible deal if they are willing to go far and wide and reach out to dozens of dealers to find one willing to deal, but with the local dealership?

In my next of the woods (South Florida), dealers would laugh in your face at that kind of offer. The local economy isn't exactly doing that well either, although perhaps folks in, uh, "non-traditional" lines of business are doing pretty well...
EnerJi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #57
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,446
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Looking over the paperwork, $2500 below invoice with USAA and Drive for Team USA credits.
Gins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #58
ES_TRADER
Colonel
 
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC

Posts: 2,464
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor (o ...  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [5.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [4.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [5.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnerJi
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurro View Post
I ordered mine today and got invoice using the $1,500 USAA credit. I could have tried to get it lower but I was happy with the price given that I made a phone call to the fleet manager at the dealership close to my house just today and a half hour later I was at the dealership and 20 niuntes later I was back in my car going home with my production number.

He told me before I came that he might be able to give me a couple of hundred more off but I decided not to pursue it and use it as a "good faith" credit with him and the dealership for some things down the road. He is going to give me $450 in golf certificates at a nice golf club nearby so if you include that, I did get it below invoice. lol
I don't get it? How are you guys getting such good deals so easily? Are some BMW dealerships suffering for sales that much?

I can understand someone getting an incredible deal if they are willing to go far and wide and reach out to dozens of dealers to find one willing to deal, but with the local dealership?

In my next of the woods (South Florida), dealers would laugh in your face at that kind of offer. The local economy isn't exactly doing that well either, although perhaps folks in, uh, "non-traditional" lines of business are doing pretty well...
3 dealerships in my 30 mi radius are easily agreeing to invoice pricing. I simply just tell them over the phone, " sell me the car at invoice and ill come right now to give you a deposit."

They always say OK. And there's no bait and switch either. Most of them just say to me to give them all tens
ES_TRADER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #59
azzurro
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Del Mar, CA

Posts: 398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnerJi View Post
I don't get it? How are you guys getting such good deals so easily? Are some BMW dealerships suffering for sales that much?

I can understand someone getting an incredible deal if they are willing to go far and wide and reach out to dozens of dealers to find one willing to deal, but with the local dealership?

In my next of the woods (South Florida), dealers would laugh in your face at that kind of offer. The local economy isn't exactly doing that well either, although perhaps folks in, uh, "non-traditional" lines of business are doing pretty well...
EnerJi,

If you think about it, I really paid $1,500 OVER invoice for the car AND -$1,500 for USAA so TOTAL comes out to "invoice price. I'm pretty sure ANY dealer will sell for $1,500 over invoice because they are also getting 5% in rebates or something like that from BMW.

FWIW, I was offered on ONE email $6,500 below invoice on a Mercedes E350 up in Los Angeles. Granted, it's a different car but with the new Audis out, the BIG three are all slugging it out and therefore some great deals.

I could have driven up to Orange County or LA and probably lopped off another $500-$750 but it wasn't worth it to me. I'm happy with invoice and didn't want to spend any more energy and time trying to get it cheaper and driving all over the place.
azzurro is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #60
SwnSng
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i MSport - 6MT - GS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Fullerton, CA

Posts: 245
iTrader: (0)

First Post here, was a lurker on e90post.

I have a few questions, do you have to currently own a BMW to get the loyalty credit? I have owned 3 BMWs in the past, purchased all new, e46 325i, e46 M3 and E90 335i, would that qualify me for the credit?

I keep hearing you guys mention the 1500 USAA credit, is this something you have to be a current member of, or is it just financing through them?

Here is the offer sheet the dealer sent me in OC, not in love with it, how much should I haggle for?

Thanks.

SwnSng is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #61
DigitalMPower
Private First Class
 
DigitalMPower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 143
iTrader: (0)

^^ As far as the USAA credit goes you have to be a current member.

If you finance through USAA the $1500 or buy outright it applies. If you lease or finance with another company such as BMWFS it is only $1000
DigitalMPower is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #62
kokopuffs405
Yup
 
kokopuffs405's Avatar
 
Drives: 14F10M5
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Maryland

Posts: 597
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMPower View Post
^^ As far as the USAA credit goes you have to be a current member.

If you finance through USAA the $1500 or buy outright it applies. If you lease or finance with another company such as BMWFS it is only $1000
You actually only have to be eligible to get USAA insurance , not actually have it. There is a number that you can call that prompts a code that the dealer can use on the incentive
__________________
Oh hello
kokopuffs405 is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #63
azzurro
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Del Mar, CA

Posts: 398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwnSng View Post
First Post here, was a lurker on e90post.

I have a few questions, do you have to currently own a BMW to get the loyalty credit? I have owned 3 BMWs in the past, purchased all new, e46 325i, e46 M3 and E90 335i, would that qualify me for the credit?

I keep hearing you guys mention the 1500 USAA credit, is this something you have to be a current member of, or is it just financing through them?

Here is the offer sheet the dealer sent me in OC, not in love with it, how much should I haggle for?

Thanks.

If you want to haggle, offer $500 over invoice and see what happens. You will get some resistance from dealers at this price. They will probably come back at $1,500 over invoice. IF you have access to USAA, with the credit now you are at invoice.

When they come back at $1,500 and you have USAA, your next offer is just to tell them I'll buy it if you give me $1,000 over invoice with the USAA gets you at $500 BELOW invoice and it will be a done deal.

All this can be done through email. Just find out who either the fleet manager is or the internet sales manager is. Call them up, tell them what you're looking for (I had my order sheet with MSRP prices AND invoice prices on all of my options done on bmwconfig) and that you want to email them your build sheet. They will call you or email you back and now you talk price.

I got a price on a phone call after emailing my build sheet and the deal was done on the phone. I went to the dealer. Filled out my info, gave the fleet manager a check for $1,000 (which they aren't even going to cash) and 15 minutes later, I was on the road driving home with my production number. Completely painless and easy. This is how it should work.
azzurro is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #64
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 BMW 335i M-Sport EB-II
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Miami Beach

Posts: 238
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurro View Post

When they come back at $1,500 and you have USAA, your next offer is just to tell them I'll buy it if you give me $1,000 over invoice with the USAA gets you at $500 BELOW invoice and it will be a done deal.
Ahh, based on your original post I was under the impression you were getting a below invoice price BEFORE the USAA credit. You got a good deal, but as you said it is an achievable deal. It's the folks who claim to be getting a TRUE invoice deal that has me itching to know their secrets.


As an aside, it's probably appropriate for us to properly define our terms, to ensure we are comparing apples-to-apples.

To all folks thinking of posting their deal information:

Please include your price relative to invoice WITHOUT any special incentives or credits. The dealers don't care what special incentives for which you qualify, those are coming out of BMW's pocket, not theirs. The true comparable negotiated price consists of: invoice + $X + dealer fees, where the $X+dealer fees is the portion under negotiation. It should exclude special BMW incentives, sales tax, and state-mandated registration/license fees.

Thanks!
EnerJi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #65
azzurro
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Del Mar, CA

Posts: 398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnerJi View Post
Ahh, based on your original post I was under the impression you were getting a below invoice price BEFORE the USAA credit. You got a good deal, but as you said it is an achievable deal. It's the folks who claim to be getting a TRUE invoice deal that has me itching to know their secrets.


As an aside, it's probably appropriate for us to properly define our terms, to ensure we are comparing apples-to-apples.

To all folks thinking of posting their deal information:

Please include your price relative to invoice WITHOUT any special incentives or credits. The dealers don't care what special incentives for which you qualify, those are coming out of BMW's pocket, not theirs. The true comparable negotiated price consists of: invoice + $X + dealer fees, where the $X+dealer fees is the portion under negotiation. It should exclude special BMW incentives, sales tax, and state-mandated registration/license fees.

Thanks!
I don't think you can get an invoice deal without incentives unless your dad owns the dealership. I'm pretty sure $500 is doable in highly competitive markets like Orange County California and Los Angeles.

That's why I said I was happy with my $1,500 -$1,500 deal to pay invoice price. The $1,500 USAA credit was just found money to me and I couldn't have gotten invoice I don't think without it.

The other thing is now that the dealer has made a decent profit on me and I've developed a nice relationship with the dealer and the fleet manager, it gives me some "goodwill" with them for things that might come up in the future. The dealer is also 5 minutes from my house and so it's worth it for me to have this relationship now.
azzurro is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #66
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 BMW 335i M-Sport EB-II
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Miami Beach

Posts: 238
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurro View Post
I don't think you can get an invoice deal without incentives unless your dad owns the dealership. I'm pretty sure $500 is doable in highly competitive markets like Orange County California and Los Angeles.

That was what I thought as well. However, there are tons of folks in this very thread who claim to have received invoice or below pricing. I've quoted them all below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurro View Post
The other thing is now that the dealer has made a decent profit on me and I've developed a nice relationship with the dealer and the fleet manager, it gives me some "goodwill" with them for things that might come up in the future. The dealer is also 5 minutes from my house and so it's worth it for me to have this relationship now.
Agreed, never a bad thing to develop a good local relationship!


Now here are all the folks who got some amazing deals on F30's:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER View Post
For a brand new ORDERED 335i. I'm getting Invoice on it. 2013 model.

After my loyalty credit it would be 750 below invoice. But i was wondering if I could get like 500-1000 below invoice and stack my 750 ontop of it to net like 1750 below invoice...something like that...anyone getting these kinda deals?

reason i ask is i did it for my X5...after incentives and dealer discount, i netted 2000 below invoice for it. 2013 model ordered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenitygal3 View Post
Maybe I was lucky but I was able to order my 335i M-Sport at $500 below invoice. I also did the Drive for Team USA so I got that $1000 incentive as well. I got that 500 below invoice deal from a dealership about an hour away from my house so I just bought that offer to the nearest BMW dealership and they were happy to give me the same deal. The manager even took a 335i allocation from a west coast dealership and rerouted it to my dealership on the east coast. I was able to pick my options and because of the good deal I was getting, I got everything except active cruise control and 19" wheels in lieu for all season tires. I put down a deposit on 6/29 and drove the car home 8 weeks later!

So there are good deals out there and I think at invoice deal are good too given how popular these cars are especially the 335i!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibawal View Post
@ invoice here too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenitygal3 View Post
No, it was 500 under invoice plus incentive which equals to 1500 under invoice but that's including training fees. I wasn't nitpicking the small details because I was happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by themoveforward View Post
I have a car guy that I call for all my business whenever I need a new ride. He constantly gets cars for prices below dealer invoice. I've never once had a a dealer match his price, some even going so far as to call me a liar.

For a fully spec'd out 328i xDrive mSport (everything but ACC) that I ordered through him coming directly from Germany it's costing me $52,200.00 before taxes. This is on an MSRP of $57,470. $720 off of dealer invoice without even having to bargain or negotiate or worry about incentives. No MACO, Training or other ridiculous fees ($75 doc fee). If anybody would like the guy's number I'd gladly help out. He's local to the NYC metro area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER View Post
Ok so I'm getting 1050 below invoice on an ordered 13 335i. Dealer has plenty allocations he told me

Extra 300 cuz of BMW apps they bringing it back till EOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Got invoice pricing on a fully loaded F30 335i M-Sport

Placed the order in June and am picking up the car this weekend.

The dealer only had one allocation during the month when my order was officially accepted (Septembe build).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Looking over the paperwork, $2500 below invoice with USAA and Drive for Team USA credits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER View Post
3 dealerships in my 30 mi radius are easily agreeing to invoice pricing. I simply just tell them over the phone, " sell me the car at invoice and ill come right now to give you a deposit."

They always say OK. And there's no bait and switch either. Most of them just say to me to give them all tens
EnerJi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST