F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > DAB to FM fallback?
Studio RSR

02-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #23
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedf View Post
So, BMW now have a final answer for me. Quote "the DAB radio does switch from a DAB to FM radio station when the DAB signal is lost on non-BBC stations".
Hmmmm. Personally, I don't believe this since I've never observed the radio switching from DAB to FM on any station - non-BBC or otherwise. I know it's not a "signal strength" issues, as two other cars with DAB fall-back to FM quite happily in the locations where my BMW doesn't. As suspected I don't believe the BMW actually has this functionality. Very disappointed and feeling let down by BMW - who assured me this feature was present before I bought the car.
Thought I'd resurrect this thread as I've noticed my radio switches between DAB and FM flawlessly and also for BBC stations. Very happy with that, on the X5 there was a 2 second jump when it switched but on the F30 it isn't noticeable.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #24
speedf
Rep
Drives: F30 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Thought I'd resurrect this thread as I've noticed my radio switches between DAB and FM flawlessly and also for BBC stations. Very happy with that, on the X5 there was a 2 second jump when it switched but on the F30 it isn't noticeable.
Hi RichardM,

That's interesting..... what audio system do you have? Is it HK or NAV?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 04:19 AM   #25
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post

I'm sure mine falls back as well, in the F11. I use DAB for BBC Radio 2. I haven't changed it back to FM, but noticed several times it is showing FM.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #26
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedf View Post
Hi RichardM,

That's interesting..... what audio system do you have? Is it HK or NAV?
HK yes and the new Nav.
Appreciate 0