F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Goodbye E91 welcome F31 (side-by-side comparison pics)
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
tores
New Member
2

 
Drives: F 31 M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Norway


Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Goodbye E91 welcome F31 (side-by-side comparison pics)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Here is a couple shots of my 09 E91 M Sport and my new 12 F31 M Sport. The E 91 was my first BMW, I have had the pleasure of driving 125 000 trouble free km with it and the F31 was a natural successor. Thanks to Jan S at Bavaria Oslo for excellent service! (If it is too many, or too large pics, I'm sorry. I am a bit new to this).


Name:  f31vse91-1.jpg
Views: 30454
Size:  236.6 KB

Name:  f31vse91-2.jpg
Views: 28294
Size:  257.3 KB

Name:  f31vse91-3.jpg
Views: 27393
Size:  242.1 KB

Name:  f31vse91-4.jpg
Views: 29663
Size:  312.3 KB

Name:  f31vse91-5.jpg
Views: 26081
Size:  246.8 KB

Name:  f31vse91-6.jpg
Views: 24849
Size:  337.2 KB

Name:  f31vse91-7.jpg
Views: 25342
Size:  335.6 KB

Name:  f31vse91-8.jpg
Views: 24593
Size:  312.0 KB

Name:  f31vse91-9.jpg
Views: 29530
Size:  263.7 KB
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
71

 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario


Posts: 3,210
iTrader: (0)

Very beautiful!!!
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
scharles
New Member
0

 
Drives: E90 2006 - 330XD
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: France


Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Nice! What size are the wheel? 18" or 19"?
I am waiting for the same in 4 weeks 330d m sport mineralgrau... I am so impatient when i see your pics!!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
m3 guy
Major
United_States
25

 
m3 guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii


Posts: 1,325
iTrader: (3)

Congrats!
__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
RichardM
Lieutenant Colonel
England
28

 
Drives: F31 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Herts UK


Posts: 1,537
iTrader: (1)

Wow, great pics! And interesting to see them side by side. Mine should look exactly the same so thanks for posting
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
tores
New Member
2

 
Drives: F 31 M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Norway


Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the comments. I am very satisfied with the car. Had some trouble choosing color, but I think it tourned out well(I am not so imaginative when it comes to colors )
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
tores
New Member
2

 
Drives: F 31 M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Norway


Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scharles View Post
Nice! What size are the wheel? 18" or 19"?
I am waiting for the same in 4 weeks 330d m sport mineralgrau... I am so impatient when i see your pics!!

Thanks The wheels are 19"(18" on the E 91). I have been in your shoues spending hours looking at cars on the forum. You have something too look forward to!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #8
BMWBully
Private First Class
Norway
7

 
Drives: F31 - 2013 - EBII - LOADED!!!
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Planet Follo!


Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)

Gratulerer med kjempefin bil!

Looks very good, what engine is it?

I´m in the market for a F31 myself, my first BMW was an E92, miss it, but need the practicality of a wagon..

What kind of options did you get?

BTW; your F31 is actually a ´13, right..?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #9
DrivenByE30
Colonel
France
50

 
DrivenByE30's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal


Posts: 2,875
iTrader: (0)

Picture Galore !!

Thank You so much for those beautiful photos....

and beautiful cars too! Congratulations on the upgrade !!

This is a good thread to show people how esthetic wagons are !!

I would love to have one of those too !??!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
GTM_Challenge
United_States
180

 
GTM_Challenge's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3,X5M,F30 335
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago


Posts: 2,788
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to GTM_Challenge
Looks awesome. Cant wait to see some more wagons modded up
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #11
DerekS
Captain
Canada
17

 
DerekS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i M Sport GS
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver,B.C.


Posts: 912
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Very sharp looking M sport wagon !!

I noticed that your car's grills have 11 slats each and they appear to have a chrome finish to the front edges. All of the other Euro-version M Sports that I have seen photos of have only 8 slats, all black. Did you factory order these grills as an option ?
__________________
2013-335i M Sport, 8 spd, Glacier silver, adaptive M suspension, variable sport steering, 18" style 400 staggered wheels/tires, M Sport brakes,
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #12
TSiSPY007
Private
2

 
Drives: 13 335i;03 1.8T Avant;96 4G63
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: BC, CANADA


Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Congrats! Gorgeous cars and gorgeous pics! Thx for sharing them. Lucky you got chance to take pics of them both.

I think the M-sport 19's suit the F31's really well. You made great choice with the colour, too!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #13
eminate
Enlisted Member
Norway
3

 
Drives: BMW 116i M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Norway


Posts: 40
iTrader: (0)

This is the Luxury Line grill. It was mounted at the dealer before delivery. A nice touch that works well combined with this color.
__________________

2013 BMW F20 -
B45-337-ZVA-ZVM-2NH-302-3AG-420-430-465-493-522-563-575-609-615-654-674-6NF-6UH-6VA-6WA-8TH
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 02:06 AM   #14
schnell13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
9

 
schnell13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Beach


Posts: 244
iTrader: (0)

Talking Beautiful Touring

Tores, first off, don't ever think you've posted too many pics. We all love and appreciate these cars, and enjoy seeing each others individual tastes when it comes to colors, options, mods etc. So, no worries there.

That being said, the photos and the car are beautiful. I'm a huge fan of sport wagons, and I don't think we get nearly enough of them in the states. If I could have acquired a gently used M5 touring, I absolutely would have gone with that instead of my 335i. However, that tasty morsel was never officially imported to the States, and I do love my F30!

Enjoy your car, she's a beauty!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 03:18 AM   #15
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Netherlands
171

 
Robin_NL's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe


Posts: 4,692
iTrader: (0)

Both are looking beautiful, having had 3 E90s in the past but I prefer the F30/31.

Congrats. Beautiful car you have.

On the pictures it looks like you have a different chrome(luxury?) grille installed.



EDIT: I see this question has already been taken care of. It's the luxury grille indeed.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 03:50 AM   #16
tores
New Member
2

 
Drives: F 31 M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Norway


Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBully View Post
Gratulerer med kjempefin bil!

Looks very good, what engine is it?

I´m in the market for a F31 myself, my first BMW was an E92, miss it, but need the practicality of a wagon..

What kind of options did you get?

BTW; your F31 is actually a ´13, right..?
Tusen takk

I like it alot! It is a 320 d. It har grown a bit larger than the E 91 so it could be a good replacement of the E92 if you need more space.

Options:
ZVA-Drive comfort package, ZVC-Functionality package,2PF-19"m,205 auto transmission(not sport), 3AC towbar, 337 m sport, 420 tinted windows, 508 PDC, 521 rain sensor, 522 xenon, 6nk"increased mobile connections", 676 hi fi loudspeakers. There are som minor extras, wich I think is standard in Norway, but not in all countries.

Yes, of course it is a 13 model year
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 03:59 AM   #17
remmib
General
Norway
401

 
remmib's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway


Posts: 26,219
iTrader: (0)

Congrats on you new F31, looks like you like gray cars.

And cool that you got a change to do a photo shoot with them together.
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3D Design Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 04:10 AM   #18
tores
New Member
2

 
Drives: F 31 M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Norway


Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
Very sharp looking M sport wagon !!

I noticed that your car's grills have 11 slats each and they appear to have a chrome finish to the front edges. All of the other Euro-version M Sports that I have seen photos of have only 8 slats, all black. Did you factory order these grills as an option ?

Hello As my friend eminate pointed out,this is the luxury line grills. Personally I do not like chrome on my cars, besides the grills. I ordered it and the dealer put it on before the car was delivered. I did the same with my E 91 and decided to continue with both the color and the grills.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 04:16 AM   #19
tores
New Member
2

 
Drives: F 31 M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Norway


Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSiSPY007 View Post
Congrats! Gorgeous cars and gorgeous pics! Thx for sharing them. Lucky you got chance to take pics of them both.

I think the M-sport 19's suit the F31's really well. You made great choice with the colour, too!
Thanks a lot! Yes indeed, I had one week overlap before the E 91 got new owners. It was actually partly planned

I agree with the 19"s, first I ordered the 18"s. After some sleepless night hours it was changed to 19"s
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 04:33 AM   #20
tores
New Member
2

 
Drives: F 31 M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Norway


Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell13 View Post
Tores, first off, don't ever think you've posted too many pics. We all love and appreciate these cars, and enjoy seeing each others individual tastes when it comes to colors, options, mods etc. So, no worries there.

That being said, the photos and the car are beautiful. I'm a huge fan of sport wagons, and I don't think we get nearly enough of them in the states. If I could have acquired a gently used M5 touring, I absolutely would have gone with that instead of my 335i. However, that tasty morsel was never officially imported to the States, and I do love my F30!

Enjoy your car, she's a beauty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Both are looking beautiful, having had 3 E90s in the past but I prefer the F30/31.

Congrats. Beautiful car you have.

On the pictures it looks like you have a different chrome(luxury?) grille installed.



EDIT: I see this question has already been taken care of. It's the luxury grille indeed.

Cheers
Robin
Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
Congrats on you new F31, looks like you like gray cars.

And cool that you got a change to do a photo shoot with them together.
Schnell 13: Thank you I am fond of the sport wagons aswell! As for the pictures, good to hear. It is to difficult choosing 2 or 3 out of 45 pics

Robin: Thanks I have only had the F 31 for a week and driven 2600 km, but so far I like what I see(and feel). The E 91 gave me a bit more go cart feeling though,which is both good and bad

Remmib: Thanks, yes I have a thing with grey. I feelt that I had to order another color this time, but it did nothappend I suppose it`s pretty much like you and blue? I`ve seen your car in the Hgs area, very nice!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 05:55 AM   #21
remmib
General
Norway
401

 
remmib's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway


Posts: 26,219
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tores View Post
Schnell 13: Thank you Remmib: Thanks, yes I have a thing with grey. I feelt that I had to order another color this time, but it did nothappend I suppose it`s pretty much like you and blue? I`ve seen your car in the Hgs area, very nice!
I like the Le Mans blue very much, but not so sure about the estoril blue on the f30. And the e90 is my only blue car so far, my old e46 was sienna red.

So you're in the Haugesund area sometimes? I assume you live on østlandet ?
I see you've got TS plates (Odda) on the new car, any reason for that?
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3D Design Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #22
tores
New Member
2

 
Drives: F 31 M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Norway


Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
I like the Le Mans blue very much, but not so sure about the estoril blue on the f30. And the e90 is my only blue car so far, my old e46 was sienna red.

So you're in the Haugesund area sometimes? I assume you live on østlandet ?
I see you've got TS plates (Odda) on the new car, any reason for that?
I see, agree with the Le Mans. Regardig the Estoril I think it depends on the car. I like it on the 1 series. I have also seen it on a M5 at BMW welt in Munich and it was cool. I was considering Estoril for a while but felt Mineral was more safe on the F31.

Yes, I live in Oslo but I am working with sales so I am in HGS from time to time. Well regarding the plates, I probably should not tell but it`s my initials(my wife is embarrassed)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
3 series f30, 3 series f30 forum, 3 series f31 forum, 3 series forum, 3-series forum, bmw 3 series f30, bmw 3 series forum, bmw 3-series f30, bmw 3-series forum, bmw f30, bmw f30 3 series, bmw f30 3-series, bmw f30 forum, bmw f31 forum, f30 3 series, f30 3 series forum, f30 3-series, f30 forum, f30 forums, f31 3 series forum, f31 forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST