F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > A few Euro Delivery Shots (EBII 335i xDrive Msport)
European Auto Source

10-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #23
Accelerometer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: '13 F30 335i /'11 E90 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
Agreed - fantastic pics of this stunning car !!!! Thank you for sharing your spectacular photos and for doing some
appropriate editing !!! And it is so obvious that your shots were not taken with an iPhone !

The X drive sits 10mm higher than RWD M Sport. The taller stance is most noticeable in the early scenic shots. The latter ones @ the track show the car appearing to be lower, but with two passengers on board.
Thanks!

The xDrive cars do sit a bit higher but I think the 19" 403s hide it pretty well.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #24
Accelerometer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post

The Karussel bend(last picture) is a real shock/chassis killer. Doing it 'right'(fast and using the concrete plates: to the right in the picture) almost any car is more or less scrubbing the tyres/chassis etc there...

If you don't want that keep to the right on the normal tarmac.(Like the OP did in the picture) But it's a legendary bend for sure.

Cheers
Robin
I let a race kitted Porsche 911 pass and take the inside line on that turn. My car with 200lbs of luggage and significant other were too slow for him. I did manage to hit the 2nd smaller Karussel though.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #25
Accelerometer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Congrats on the cars, Congrats on the Trip, Contrats on having a participative better half... Great photos !!

And welcome among us...

How does the car compare to your Infiniti ??
Thanks!

The F30 is exponentially better than the G35 in almost every way. I was worried about having an automatic transmission this time around but I have to say the 8AT shifts lightning fast. I couldn't even dream of shifting as fast on my old 6MT.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #26
DerekS
Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: 335i M Sport GS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
I'm trying to decipher how noticeable this really is, outside of the microscope of this forum.. Lol. Lots of people here are drop happy, so I'm wondering just how noticeable 10mm (aka 1/3 of an inch) in height really is. Easy to compare if a dealership has a sport line and xdrive, modern or luxury with the same size wheels I guess.
The difference in ride height, 10mm or 0.4" is definitely noticeable, if you have seen both suspension types, between sport and non-sport, or between M Sport RWD and M Sport Xdrive.

For lots of folks, this difference in ride height may be of little importance. For others who must drive in snow belts, the raised ride height is an important bonus feature. However, there are some trade-offs for the raised ride height: the handling that will not be as dynamic as with sport suspension, the ride will be softer and the car's stance will be slightly compromised.

It all comes down to: what's most important to you, the purchaser ?
      10-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #27
vladberca
Brigadier General
Romania
Rep

Drives: '09 jetta tsi 6mt

Awesome shots and car! Congrats!
Appreciate 0