F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > M-performance exhaust
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
Roki_014
Major
 
Drives: 2014 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: chicago

Posts: 1,226
iTrader: (0)

M-performance exhaust

How much did you pay for it with installation and are you satisfied with the decision? is it much louder than the regular 335 exhaust??? is it wort the extra $$$ ???? tnx
Roki_014 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
justinnum1
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

Posts: 3,978
iTrader: (0)

http://www.f30post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=421
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
justinnum1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 3,070
iTrader: (0)

Honestly, I'm not sure!

I really wanted to get this exhaust. I actually test drove a friends car and he had the M Perf Exhaust with a JB Tune and it was an AWESOME combination. I almost immediately went ahead with the purchase.

However my girl friend kinda woke me up! She did make a valid point. We were at BMW of Mississauga when a car drove by with the M Perf Exhaust and she immediately shook her head. The amount of sound you get from the M Perf Exhaust is not really worth the $1200 price tag. If I had to get an exhaust, I should get something that is a little lourder and has more burble while changing gears.

This all pointed me to the eisenmann exhaust. I researched and found a local dealer that would get me the Eisenmann Quad Tip exhaust for an excellent price. Acoording to some of the videos I watched, the sound is much better. However the sound clips were for a 328i!!! Imagine a 335i!!!

So, I'm going to wait a bit and get the Eisenmann as it'll sound better and louder...
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
justinnum1
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

Posts: 3,978
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
Honestly, I'm not sure!

I really wanted to get this exhaust. I actually test drove a friends car and he had the M Perf Exhaust with a JB Tune and it was an AWESOME combination. I almost immediately went ahead with the purchase.

However my girl friend kinda woke me up! She did make a valid point. We were at BMW of Mississauga when a car drove by with the M Perf Exhaust and she immediately shook her head. The amount of sound you get from the M Perf Exhaust is not really worth the $1200 price tag. If I had to get an exhaust, I should get something that is a little lourder and has more burble while changing gears.

This all pointed me to the eisenmann exhaust. I researched and found a local dealer that would get me the Eisenmann Quad Tip exhaust for an excellent price. Acoording to some of the videos I watched, the sound is much better. However the sound clips were for a 328i!!! Imagine a 335i!!!

So, I'm going to wait a bit and get the Eisenmann as it'll sound better and louder...
how does the mperformance compare to stock in your opinion?
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
justinnum1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #5
Roki_014
Major
 
Drives: 2014 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: chicago

Posts: 1,226
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
Honestly, I'm not sure!

I really wanted to get this exhaust. I actually test drove a friends car and he had the M Perf Exhaust with a JB Tune and it was an AWESOME combination. I almost immediately went ahead with the purchase.

However my girl friend kinda woke me up! She did make a valid point. We were at BMW of Mississauga when a car drove by with the M Perf Exhaust and she immediately shook her head. The amount of sound you get from the M Perf Exhaust is not really worth the $1200 price tag. If I had to get an exhaust, I should get something that is a little lourder and has more burble while changing gears.

This all pointed me to the eisenmann exhaust. I researched and found a local dealer that would get me the Eisenmann Quad Tip exhaust for an excellent price. Acoording to some of the videos I watched, the sound is much better. However the sound clips were for a 328i!!! Imagine a 335i!!!

So, I'm going to wait a bit and get the Eisenmann as it'll sound better and louder...
But Eisenmann must cost much more than $1200, and what bout the warranty??
Roki_014 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
justinnum1
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

Posts: 3,978
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roki_014 View Post
But Eisenmann must cost much more than $1200, and what bout the warranty??
eisenmann is probably at least 2000 installed.
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
justinnum1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 3,070
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
how does the mperformance compare to stock in your opinion?
In all honesty, it is slightly louder; not by much. You have to be a driver to notice the difference.

For example, if I had my aunt standing on the side of a road and I pass her, she wouldn't notice any difference. However if a buddy of mine was standing, he would be able to notice the difference.

Hope this clarifies my view...
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #8
Roki_014
Major
 
Drives: 2014 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: chicago

Posts: 1,226
iTrader: (0)

i heard the eisenmann on the new M5 and its sick, very loud but than again its about $5K, you gotta pay to play
Roki_014 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 3,070
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roki_014 View Post
But Eisenmann must cost much more than $1200, and what bout the warranty??
Eisenmann is a leading brand so nothing to worry about warranty. The M Perf Exhaust and the Eisenmann Quad Tip exhaust is coming out the same price for me installed. So I'd rather wait and spend my money wisely!

Those that have it, enjoy it. By no means am I saying you guys wasted your money. I have a different view and will follow what I'm comfortable with!

Good luck with your purchase Roki!
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
justinnum1
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

Posts: 3,978
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
In all honesty, it is slightly louder; not by much. You have to be a driver to notice the difference.

For example, if I had my aunt standing on the side of a road and I pass her, she wouldn't notice any difference. However if a buddy of mine was standing, he would be able to notice the difference.

Hope this clarifies my view...
Yea, im just going to have to drive it and see how it is. People are saying after 1000 miles it sounds better and louder, maybe the car you heard at the dealer just had it installed.
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
justinnum1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #11
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 3,070
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roki_014 View Post
i heard the eisenmann on the new M5 and its sick, very loud but than again its about $5K, you gotta pay to play
True that!

However I'm ready to spend $3K on an exhaust that will please my ears than spend $1K and not notice it a lot!!!
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #12
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 3,070
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Yea, im just going to have to drive it and see how it is. People are saying after 1000 miles it sounds better and louder, maybe the car you heard at the dealer just had it installed.
Correct! About 500 miles driven only so not much use yet. It does get "broken in" so you'll need to drive it before you hear its true sound!

I'd say drive the car in sport mode for the first 1000 miles to really get the exhaust broken in.

Either way you have a quality product and hope it pleases you!!!
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #13
justinnum1
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

Posts: 3,978
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
Correct! About 500 miles driven only so not much use yet. It does get "broken in" so you'll need to drive it before you hear its true sound!

I'd say drive the car in sport mode for the first 1000 miles to really get the exhaust broken in.

Either way you have a quality product and hope it pleases you!!!
Thanks. Let us know how that eissenman works out for you
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
justinnum1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #14
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,513
iTrader: (1)

FWIW, if I had the choice of the OEM exhaust or the M Performance Exhaust from the factory, I would take the M Performance Exhaust 10 times out of 10.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #15
justinnum1
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

Posts: 3,978
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
FWIW, if I had the choice of the OEM exhaust or the M Performance Exhaust from the factory, I would take the M Performance Exhaust 10 times out of 10.
Nice. how many miles do you have on the m performance exhuast? Any difference from when you first got it?
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
justinnum1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #16
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,513
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Nice. how many miles do you have on the m performance exhuast? Any difference from when you first got it?
I have about 900 miles on it now.

When I'm not cruising on the highway in EcoPro mode, I turn my radio down just so I can have the satisfaction of listening to the exhaust and the glorious roar that it produces at WOT.

The overrun pops produced when upshifting with the paddles are unreal.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #17
justinnum1
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

Posts: 3,978
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
I have about 900 miles on it now.

When I'm not cruising on the highway in EcoPro mode, I turn my radio down just so I can have the satisfaction of listening to the exhaust and the glorious roar that it produces at WOT.

The overrun pops produced when upshifting with the paddles are unreal.

Cant wait to experience it
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
justinnum1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #18
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 3,070
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34
FWIW, if I had the choice of the OEM exhaust or the M Performance Exhaust from the factory, I would take the M Performance Exhaust 10 times out of 10.
If this was a choice, I'm sure a lot of people would make the same decision.

Just yesterday I was with my friend who drives a C63 AMG; as soon as he pulled right beside me...boy that car was loud!!! I want something similar to that.

I know these are two completely different cars but I'm hoping the Eisenmann can get close...as close as possible!!!
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #19
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,513
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post

Cant wait to experience it
You won't be disappointed. I've received nothing but compliments on mine thus far.

In the thread I posted pics and videos, some were commenting that the exhaust looked like it was hanging too low but honestly, in person, it doesn't appear that way at all. I guess I've confirmed that I don't have what it takes to be a photographer.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #20
ybbiz34
Moderator
 
ybbiz34's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,513
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
If this was a choice, I'm sure a lot of people would make the same decision.

Just yesterday I was with my friend who drives a C63 AMG; as soon as he pulled right beside me...boy that car was loud!!! I want something similar to that.

I know these are two completely different cars but I'm hoping the Eisenmann can get close...as close as possible!!!
The C63 AMG is one of the best sounding "stock" cars I've ever been around in person. About 3 years ago I went to my local MB dealership the day a brand-spanking new Iridium Silver C63 hit their lot. This was when MB was offering over $8k in trunk money. I could have had it but for the bath I would have had to take to get out of my '07 335i lease.

I regretted not taking the bath ever since I walked away from it. I got chills when I fired it up that day inside the detailing shop. Cold starts with that car are intoxicating.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
ybbiz34 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #21
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 3,070
iTrader: (0)

ybbiz34:

Quick question bud: Would you recommend to drive the car in sport mode always to really enjoy the M Performance Exhaust?

In the city, driving along tight roads and in school areas, I tend to keep my car in comfort or Eco pro. Does the exhaust still sound good in Eco pro? Any major difference in comfort mode?

I really wish it sounds just as good in all modes.
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #22
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 3,070
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
If this was a choice, I'm sure a lot of people would make the same decision.

Just yesterday I was with my friend who drives a C63 AMG; as soon as he pulled right beside me...boy that car was loud!!! I want something similar to that.

I know these are two completely different cars but I'm hoping the Eisenmann can get close...as close as possible!!!
The C63 AMG is one of the best sounding "stock" cars I've ever been around in person. About 3 years ago I went to my local MB dealership the day a brand-spanking new Iridium Silver C63 hit their lot. This was when MB was offering over $8k in trunk money. I could have had it but for the bath I would have had to take to get out of my '07 335i lease.

I regretted not taking the bath ever since I walked away from it. I got chills when I fired it up that day inside the detailing shop. Cold starts with that car are intoxicating.
I know...the sound is extremely intoxicating!!! I can hear it right now! LOL
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST