F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Tire set up on Replica 437s
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-23-2017, 09:47 PM   #1
ToofyFIT
Private
ToofyFIT's Avatar
20
Rep
79
Posts

Drives: 14' BMW 435i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Suffolk, Long Island

iTrader: (0)

Tire set up on Replica 437s

Hey everybody,

Long time reader and I recently just came back to the BMW family after being a Mercedes guy for a few years. I bought a 14' off lease 435xi and have a few mods under my belt already.

1. Painted reflectors
2. Intake
3. RPI exhaust ( installing his coming weeekend )

I've done some searching and I could not find this proper staggered set up with tires without causing any rubbing. I have 19x9.5s in the rear and 19x8.5s in the front of the replica 437s. Can anyone tell me what is the best tire set up for size without worrying about rubbing etc?

Thank you!
__________________
They've done studies you know, 60% of the time it works all the time.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 10:01 PM   #2
alohasurftoad
Captain
United_States
136
Rep
740
Posts

Drives: 428i gran coupe
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: hawaii

iTrader: (0)

235/40/19 front or (245/35/19 front<<this recommendation for front is no good)

265/35/19 rear

Last edited by alohasurftoad; 05-23-2017 at 10:44 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 10:06 PM   #3
ToofyFIT
Private
ToofyFIT's Avatar
20
Rep
79
Posts

Drives: 14' BMW 435i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Suffolk, Long Island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
235/40/19 or 245/35/19 front

265/35/19 rear
Thank you! This set up should give me some decent meat on the walls? And no rubbing?
__________________
They've done studies you know, 60% of the time it works all the time.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 10:37 PM   #4
alohasurftoad
Captain
United_States
136
Rep
740
Posts

Drives: 428i gran coupe
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: hawaii

iTrader: (0)

if you're on a stock xdrive suspension and you're offsets are the typical +35ish front and +35, +40 or even +45 rear, no rub-a-dub will occur

oh just noticed you're X-drive so the tire sizes have to be 235/40/19 front, 265/35/19 rear so the difference in tire diameters is less than 1%. if not you will have problems with your x-drive transfer case. do NOT get the 245/35/19 front i recommended in the earlier post.
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2017, 11:07 PM   #5
ToofyFIT
Private
ToofyFIT's Avatar
20
Rep
79
Posts

Drives: 14' BMW 435i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Suffolk, Long Island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
if you're on a stock xdrive suspension and you're offsets are the typical +35ish front and +35, +40 or even +45 rear, no rub-a-dub will occur

oh just noticed you're X-drive so the tire sizes have to be 235/40/19 front, 265/35/19 rear so the difference in tire diameters is less than 1%. if not you will have problems with your x-drive transfer case. do NOT get the 245/35/19 front i recommended in the earlier post.
Thanks for the tip! Does it matter if the wheel size is 9.5 in the rear and 8.5 in the front?
__________________
They've done studies you know, 60% of the time it works all the time.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 11:14 PM   #6
alohasurftoad
Captain
United_States
136
Rep
740
Posts

Drives: 428i gran coupe
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToofyFIT View Post
Thanks for the tip! Does it matter if the wheel size is 9.5 in the rear and 8.5 in the front?
it matters in the sense that you have to get appropriate size/diameter tires for the rim size. 8.5"F/9.5"R are typical widths for a staggered F3x set up. as stated earlier your offsets should be around +35 front/+35-45 rear
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 11:20 PM   #7
ToofyFIT
Private
ToofyFIT's Avatar
20
Rep
79
Posts

Drives: 14' BMW 435i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Suffolk, Long Island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToofyFIT View Post
Thanks for the tip! Does it matter if the wheel size is 9.5 in the rear and 8.5 in the front?
it matters in the sense that you have to get appropriate size/diameter tires for the rim size. 8.5"F/9.5"R are typical widths for a staggered F3x set up. as stated earlier your offsets should be around +35 front/+35-45 rear
Thank you all! Highly appreciate it!
__________________
They've done studies you know, 60% of the time it works all the time.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 04:39 AM   #8
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
1QuikWS6's Avatar
United_States
426
Rep
6,631
Posts

Drives: F32 435ix MSport ->M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

iTrader: (94)

Garage List
2016 BMW 435ix  [0.00]
I am F32 435ix

Using 437M Style wheels from OEMConcept

19x8.5 ET: 35 front
19x9.5 ET: 35 rear

35 front offset is perfect for either 3 or 4 series
35 rear offset is perfect for 4 series - 40 rear offset is ideal for 3 series

Wheel sizes I am running as above put the wheels/tires nice & flush with no rubbing (on stock height AWD)

OEM staggered tire sizes for AWD cars are:

225/40-19 Front
255/35-19 Rear

Which is what I'm planning on running - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Selec...taggered+Tires
__________________
F32 435ix//Mineral Gray Metallic//Black Dakota Leather//Brush Alum Trim w/Black Accent//M Sport Pkg//Prem Pkg//Tech Pkg//Driver Assist Pkg//Lighting Pkg//Cold Weather Pkg//Dynamic Handling Pkg//HK Surround Sound+BavSound Stg2//437M Wheels//MPerf Pedals-CF Rear Spoiler-CF Mirror Caps-LED Sills-CF Shift Knob/Shift Surround/M4 Alcantara Armrest//CF Side Grilles//MPE w/CF Tips+CGP VSC-1//Dinan CF Intake//AA FMIC//ER CP+TIC//FabSpeed DP//Active8 Tune

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 05-29-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 09:09 AM   #9
ToofyFIT
Private
ToofyFIT's Avatar
20
Rep
79
Posts

Drives: 14' BMW 435i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Suffolk, Long Island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
I am F32 435ix

Using 437M Style wheels from OEMConcept

19x8.5 ET: 35 front
19x9.5 ET: 35 rear

35 front offset is perfect for either 3 or 4 series
35 rear offset is perfect for 4 series - 40 rear offset is ideal for 3 series

Wheel sizes I am running as above put the wheels/tires nice & flush with no rubbing (on stock height AWD)

OEM staggered tire sizes for AWD cars are:

225/40-19 Front
255/35-19 Rear

Which is what I'm running - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Selec...taggered+Tires
Thanks for the tip! I'll be ordering this set up today!
__________________
They've done studies you know, 60% of the time it works all the time.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 12:55 PM   #10
alohasurftoad
Captain
United_States
136
Rep
740
Posts

Drives: 428i gran coupe
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: hawaii

iTrader: (0)

225/40F, 255/35R is oem size and obviously will work.

225 fits on 7.5" with no stretch or bulge. 225 is stretching a total of 1" for the bead to seat on an 8.5" width

255 fits on 9" with no stretch or bulge so it'll be stretching 0.5" on a 9.5".

225/255 stretched on 8.5/9.5 works but 235/265 fits better on the said widths, offers more rim protection, reduces the wheel gap and corrects the high reading factory speedo.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1169301&page=8
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 06:41 PM   #11
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
1QuikWS6's Avatar
United_States
426
Rep
6,631
Posts

Drives: F32 435ix MSport ->M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

iTrader: (94)

Garage List
2016 BMW 435ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
225/40F, 255/35R is oem size and obviously will work.

225 fits on 7.5" with no stretch or bulge. 225 is stretching a total of 1" for the bead to seat on an 8.5" width

255 fits on 9" with no stretch or bulge so it'll be stretching 0.5" on a 9.5".

225/255 stretched on 8.5/9.5 works but 235/265 fits better on the said widths, offers more rim protection, reduces the wheel gap and corrects the high reading factory speedo.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1169301&page=8
I totally understand what you are saying, but in my case I prefer All Season tires over Summer tires - temps are frequently below the temp summer tires are supposed to run at where I live, at night/early morning in the spring & late fall, when I like to swap out my winter tires for the summer season tires

I drive in to work everyday @3AM so March/April/May/October/November temps are low at that time

With the A/S I can run them from March to usually January b4 having to put on the Blizzacks

There are NO A/S tires in the 235 size on TireRack or DTD - only Max Perf Summer so I can't go that staggered size setup in A/S



If only we could ALL live in Hawaii
__________________
F32 435ix//Mineral Gray Metallic//Black Dakota Leather//Brush Alum Trim w/Black Accent//M Sport Pkg//Prem Pkg//Tech Pkg//Driver Assist Pkg//Lighting Pkg//Cold Weather Pkg//Dynamic Handling Pkg//HK Surround Sound+BavSound Stg2//437M Wheels//MPerf Pedals-CF Rear Spoiler-CF Mirror Caps-LED Sills-CF Shift Knob/Shift Surround/M4 Alcantara Armrest//CF Side Grilles//MPE w/CF Tips+CGP VSC-1//Dinan CF Intake//AA FMIC//ER CP+TIC//FabSpeed DP//Active8 Tune
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 09:01 PM   #12
alohasurftoad
Captain
United_States
136
Rep
740
Posts

Drives: 428i gran coupe
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: hawaii

iTrader: (0)

yep, looked and learned something new, myself. limited selection in A/S 235/40/19. alrighty, 225/255 it is ...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 10:58 PM   #13
Humdizzle
Private
27
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: 2010 ferrari 458
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

damn that sucks. can't run a 245/35 and a 275/30-19 combo? thought i had seen a few xDrive owners on here who did
__________________
2013 335i EBII
2010 Ferrari 458
Previous: e36 m3, e46 m3 IR/IR, FBO E85 2010 GTR, Scion FRS.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 04:13 AM   #14
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
1QuikWS6's Avatar
United_States
426
Rep
6,631
Posts

Drives: F32 435ix MSport ->M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

iTrader: (94)

Garage List
2016 BMW 435ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
damn that sucks. can't run a 245/35 and a 275/30-19 combo? thought i had seen a few xDrive owners on here who did
Haven't seen anyone running that size, but I may have missed it.

Tire diameters are close @ 25.8/25.6

Guess all worries would be toward rubbing - looking at the AWD monster truck stance it's hard to believe rubbing could happen - but would like to hear from anyone running this size & their offsets
__________________
F32 435ix//Mineral Gray Metallic//Black Dakota Leather//Brush Alum Trim w/Black Accent//M Sport Pkg//Prem Pkg//Tech Pkg//Driver Assist Pkg//Lighting Pkg//Cold Weather Pkg//Dynamic Handling Pkg//HK Surround Sound+BavSound Stg2//437M Wheels//MPerf Pedals-CF Rear Spoiler-CF Mirror Caps-LED Sills-CF Shift Knob/Shift Surround/M4 Alcantara Armrest//CF Side Grilles//MPE w/CF Tips+CGP VSC-1//Dinan CF Intake//AA FMIC//ER CP+TIC//FabSpeed DP//Active8 Tune
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 04:26 AM   #15
Humdizzle
Private
27
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: 2010 ferrari 458
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Haven't seen anyone running that size, but I may have missed it.

Tire diameters are close @ 25.8/25.6

Guess all worries would be toward rubbing - looking at the AWD monster truck stance it's hard to believe rubbing could happen - but would like to hear from anyone running this size & their offsets
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=978219

^ that guy did.
__________________
2013 335i EBII
2010 Ferrari 458
Previous: e36 m3, e46 m3 IR/IR, FBO E85 2010 GTR, Scion FRS.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 04:51 AM   #16
Cruz28/40
Lieutenant
Cruz28/40's Avatar
United_States
108
Rep
482
Posts

Drives: 2017 340i w/ MPPSK
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Düsseldorf, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToofyFIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
235/40/19 or 245/35/19 front

265/35/19 rear
Thank you! This set up should give me some decent meat on the walls? And no rubbing?
Yes, those sizes work as it's what I have on my 437M reps with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
__________________
2017 340i w/ MPPSK & Many M Performance Parts
2016 328i (wife's)
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 04:57 AM   #17
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
1QuikWS6's Avatar
United_States
426
Rep
6,631
Posts

Drives: F32 435ix MSport ->M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

iTrader: (94)

Garage List
2016 BMW 435ix  [0.00]
Well, if he can get away with it & he's lowered - then stock height should be no problem


He's running ET40 rear wheels - which is what OEMConcept stated was perfect for 3 series and the 275's look flush

I have the ET35 rear for 4 series, wonder if the 275's would still be flush on F32 or stick out a bit?

I guess all things being equal, if 35 is flush for 3 series & 40 is flush for 4 (must be slight difference in track width between the 3 & 4 series), then the 275's should be flush on F32

I like the way the tires fit on blue car in 1st post, I'm not a fan of the stretched look.


Of course, I already have the new tires & they were gonna be mounted today - would love to try the 245/275 but guess it's too late this go around

-OR-

I may just order the 245/275 & sell the 225/255 - wish I had a DTD or TireRack local so I could just return these & swap...
__________________
F32 435ix//Mineral Gray Metallic//Black Dakota Leather//Brush Alum Trim w/Black Accent//M Sport Pkg//Prem Pkg//Tech Pkg//Driver Assist Pkg//Lighting Pkg//Cold Weather Pkg//Dynamic Handling Pkg//HK Surround Sound+BavSound Stg2//437M Wheels//MPerf Pedals-CF Rear Spoiler-CF Mirror Caps-LED Sills-CF Shift Knob/Shift Surround/M4 Alcantara Armrest//CF Side Grilles//MPE w/CF Tips+CGP VSC-1//Dinan CF Intake//AA FMIC//ER CP+TIC//FabSpeed DP//Active8 Tune

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 05-25-2017 at 05:11 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 08:10 AM   #18
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
1QuikWS6's Avatar
United_States
426
Rep
6,631
Posts

Drives: F32 435ix MSport ->M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

iTrader: (94)

Garage List
2016 BMW 435ix  [0.00]
OK, after looking over tire specs:

OEM

225/40-19
  • Rim Width Range: 7.5-9"
  • Meas Rim Width: 8"
  • Sect. Width: 9.1"
  • Tread Width: 7.9"
  • Overall Dia: 26.1"

255/35-19
  • Rim Width Range: 8.5-10"
  • Meas Rim Width: 9"
  • Sect. Width: 10.2"
  • Tread Width: 9.3"
  • Overall Dia: 26"

% Diff for xdrive = .4%


Opt #1

245/35-19
  • Rim Width Range: 8-9.5"
  • Meas Rim Width: 8.5"
  • Sect. Width: 9.8"
  • Tread Width: 8.8"
  • Overall Dia: 25.8"

275/30-19
  • Rim Width Range: 9-10"
  • Meas Rim Width: 9.5"
  • Sect. Width: 10.9"
  • Tread Width: 10.2"
  • Overall Dia: 25.6"

% Diff for xdrive = .8%


Opt #2
These sizes are no good - I mounted front tire to check clearance, tire just barely misses inner fender liner during it's travel thru arc. If you happened to hit a bump or dip right when that tire is at the sweet spot - it would definitely hit the inner liner (in my case right where the louvers are for the oil cooler, which would prolly rip out some of the louvers

245/40-19
  • Rim Width Range: 8-9.5"
  • Meas Rim Width: 8.5"
  • Sect. Width: 9.8"
  • Tread Width: 8.5"
  • Overall Dia: 26.7"

275/35-19
  • Rim Width Range: 9-11"
  • Meas Rim Width: 9.5"
  • Sect. Width: 10.9"
  • Tread Width: 10"
  • Overall Dia: 26.6"

% Diff for xdrive = .4%


>> Opt. #1 has been proven not to rub (even on lowered AWD) from several forum members, therefore Opt. #2 should not rub either

I would rather use Opt. #2 since the %diff is = to stock diff for AWD, the slightly taller sidewall should add ride comfort/protect wheels a leetle better

-but-

Since they are taller than the OEM tires they will have lower Revs/Mi 778 vs. 797 Fronts/783 vs. 799 Rears (I'm not so concerned with this aspect)


So I think I'm gonna order another set following Opt. #2 because I hate the stretched look the OEM tires will exhibit on 8.5/9.5 rims


Anyone need a brand new set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in 225/40ZR19 & 255/35ZR19 ??

I will be putting them up for sale locally if I cannot return to Vendor...
__________________
F32 435ix//Mineral Gray Metallic//Black Dakota Leather//Brush Alum Trim w/Black Accent//M Sport Pkg//Prem Pkg//Tech Pkg//Driver Assist Pkg//Lighting Pkg//Cold Weather Pkg//Dynamic Handling Pkg//HK Surround Sound+BavSound Stg2//437M Wheels//MPerf Pedals-CF Rear Spoiler-CF Mirror Caps-LED Sills-CF Shift Knob/Shift Surround/M4 Alcantara Armrest//CF Side Grilles//MPE w/CF Tips+CGP VSC-1//Dinan CF Intake//AA FMIC//ER CP+TIC//FabSpeed DP//Active8 Tune

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 05-30-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 01:59 PM   #19
ToofyFIT
Private
ToofyFIT's Avatar
20
Rep
79
Posts

Drives: 14' BMW 435i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Suffolk, Long Island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
OK, after looking over tire specs:

OEM

225/40-19
  • Rim Width Range: 7.5-9"
  • Meas Rim Width: 8"
  • Sect. Width: 9.1"
  • Tread Width: 7.9"
  • Overall Dia: 26.1"

255/35-19
  • Rim Width Range: 8.5-10"
  • Meas Rim Width: 9"
  • Sect. Width: 10.2"
  • Tread Width: 9.3"
  • Overall Dia: 26"

% Diff for xdrive = .4%


Opt #1

245/35-19
  • Rim Width Range: 8-9.5"
  • Meas Rim Width: 8.5"
  • Sect. Width: 9.8"
  • Tread Width: 8.8"
  • Overall Dia: 25.8"

275/30-19
  • Rim Width Range: 9-10"
  • Meas Rim Width: 9.5"
  • Sect. Width: 10.9"
  • Tread Width: 10.2"
  • Overall Dia: 25.6"

% Diff for xdrive = .8%


Opt #2

245/40-19
  • Rim Width Range: 8-9.5"
  • Meas Rim Width: 8.5"
  • Sect. Width: 9.8"
  • Tread Width: 8.5"
  • Overall Dia: 26.7"

275/35-19
  • Rim Width Range: 9-11"
  • Meas Rim Width: 9.5"
  • Sect. Width: 10.9"
  • Tread Width: 10"
  • Overall Dia: 26.6"

% Diff for xdrive = .4%


>> Opt. #1 has been proven not to rub (even on lowered AWD) from several forum members, therefore Opt. #2 should not rub either

I would rather use Opt. #2 since the %diff is = to stock diff for AWD, the slightly taller sidewall should add ride comfort/protect wheels a leetle better

-but-

Since they are taller than the OEM tires they will have lower Revs/Mi 778 vs. 797 Fronts/783 vs. 799 Rears (I'm not so concerned with this aspect)


So I think I'm gonna order another set following Opt. #2 because I hate the stretched look the OEM tires will exhibit on 8.5/9.5 rims


Anyone need a brand new set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in 225/40ZR19 & 255/35ZR19 ??

I will be putting them up for sale locally if I cannot return to Vendor...
So what do I go with lol? 14, 435xi.
__________________
They've done studies you know, 60% of the time it works all the time.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 03:17 PM   #20
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
1QuikWS6's Avatar
United_States
426
Rep
6,631
Posts

Drives: F32 435ix MSport ->M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

iTrader: (94)

Garage List
2016 BMW 435ix  [0.00]
OK, I called DTD where I bought the original tires - they allowed return for full refund, no return fees, but I paid a discounted $30 for the prepaid shipping labels they emailed me.

I actually got the new/larger tires for less than the others because they are offering $100 rebate now that I didn't get when I bought the others


So the 225/40-19 & 255/35-19 went back - in their place I purchased same Mich Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in the following sizes:

245/40-19 Fronts & 275/35-19 Rears

> I discussed how I didn't want the other size due to the 8.5/9.5 rim widths and tire stretch. He totally agreed with me - stated that the new sizes I purchased are listed as Plus1 upgrade for 2015 435ix F32 with 19" wheels - so all is right with the world

So basically I went with my Opt. #2 as noted in my above post


% diff between front & rear tires is .4% same as the 225/255 & well below the allowed 1%

> He stated that the slightly lower Revs/Mi for the 245/275 will not even be noticeable (maybe 1mph diff if that)

> He also said these new sizes will definitely be flush or stick out slightly from rim - which is good for protecting the rims, & the xtra tire sidewall height of 26.7/26.6 vs the original 26.1/26 will offer more driving comfort & help protect rims more in case of pothole

New tires are shipped & will arrive tomorrow - prolly try to get them mounted Friday or Saturday - post pics installed next week after the holiday
__________________
F32 435ix//Mineral Gray Metallic//Black Dakota Leather//Brush Alum Trim w/Black Accent//M Sport Pkg//Prem Pkg//Tech Pkg//Driver Assist Pkg//Lighting Pkg//Cold Weather Pkg//Dynamic Handling Pkg//HK Surround Sound+BavSound Stg2//437M Wheels//MPerf Pedals-CF Rear Spoiler-CF Mirror Caps-LED Sills-CF Shift Knob/Shift Surround/M4 Alcantara Armrest//CF Side Grilles//MPE w/CF Tips+CGP VSC-1//Dinan CF Intake//AA FMIC//ER CP+TIC//FabSpeed DP//Active8 Tune
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 05:15 PM   #21
ToofyFIT
Private
ToofyFIT's Avatar
20
Rep
79
Posts

Drives: 14' BMW 435i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Suffolk, Long Island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
OK, I called DTD where I bought the original tires - they allowed return for full refund, no return fees, but I paid a discounted $30 for the prepaid shipping labels they emailed me.

I actually got the new/larger tires for less than the others because they are offering $100 rebate now that I didn't get when I bought the others


So the 225/40-19 & 255/35-19 went back - in their place I purchased same Mich Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in the following sizes:

245/40-19 Fronts & 275/35-19 Rears

> I discussed how I didn't want the other size due to the 8.5/9.5 rim widths and tire stretch. He totally agreed with me - stated that the new sizes I purchased are listed as Plus1 upgrade for 2015 435ix F32 with 19" wheels - so all is right with the world

So basically I went with my Opt. #2 as noted in my above post


% diff between front & rear tires is .4% same as the 225/255 & well below the allowed 1%

> He stated that the slightly lower Revs/Mi for the 245/275 will not even be noticeable (maybe 1mph diff if that)

> He also said these new sizes will definitely be flush or stick out slightly from rim - which is good for protecting the rims, & the xtra tire sidewall height of 26.7/26.6 vs the original 26.1/26 will offer more driving comfort & help protect rims more in case of pothole

New tires are shipped & will arrive tomorrow - prolly try to get them mounted Friday or Saturday - post pics installed next week after the holiday
Would you recommend this for my set up? I have the 437 reps also on the Xi. I see you are doing the 275/35 in the rear and 245/40 in the front. I have the 9.5s in the rear and 8.5s in the front.
__________________
They've done studies you know, 60% of the time it works all the time.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 10:45 AM   #22
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
1QuikWS6's Avatar
United_States
426
Rep
6,631
Posts

Drives: F32 435ix MSport ->M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

iTrader: (94)

Garage List
2016 BMW 435ix  [0.00]
See my edit to post #18 above - it has been confirmed that sizes I listed in Option #2 are no good

I was trying these sizes to get a closer ratio between the front/rear tires for xdrive - they are at .4% exactly like factory recommended sizes

But it turns out the front just barley clears the inner fender liner at front thru the wheels arc at one point (prolly due to the larger dia of 26.7)

If you happened to be at this sweet spot during a turn & hit a bump or dip-tire would definitely hit inner liner big time...


So these are going back and gonna go with the Option #1 that was supposedly proven not to hit or rub on an xdrive car that was even lowered.

Diameters of Opt #1 are even lower than the factory recommended diameters so should be OK. The ratio front/rear is higher at .8%, but still within 1% range for xdrive.

I'll report back when the new tires are mounted
__________________
F32 435ix//Mineral Gray Metallic//Black Dakota Leather//Brush Alum Trim w/Black Accent//M Sport Pkg//Prem Pkg//Tech Pkg//Driver Assist Pkg//Lighting Pkg//Cold Weather Pkg//Dynamic Handling Pkg//HK Surround Sound+BavSound Stg2//437M Wheels//MPerf Pedals-CF Rear Spoiler-CF Mirror Caps-LED Sills-CF Shift Knob/Shift Surround/M4 Alcantara Armrest//CF Side Grilles//MPE w/CF Tips+CGP VSC-1//Dinan CF Intake//AA FMIC//ER CP+TIC//FabSpeed DP//Active8 Tune
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST