F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Who has fitted the M-performance spring on their DHP?
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
Forgiven
First Lieutenant
Forgiven's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
327
Posts

 
Drives: AH AW 13'
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Who has fitted the M-performance spring on their DHP?

Just like the title says..has anyone tried this combo yet?

I would appreciate, if you could give me some feedback. Thanks!
__________________
AH3 M | Tech | DHP | HK | M Perf. Exhaust, Spoiler, Diffuser | Xpel PPF | F1 Pinnacle | Eibach | O.Z. HLT
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
bmrm396
Major
United_States
15
Rep
1,334
Posts

 
Drives: '14 F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: sD, CA

iTrader: (2)

im seriously considering going the same route - but I don't have DHP.
__________________
Formerly addicted to e46fanatics
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
newoldbeemer
Captain
15
Rep
673
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Jose

iTrader: (0)

Why would you do that? Isn't DHP even better - you can set it the way you want it?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 02:23 AM   #4
Forgiven
First Lieutenant
Forgiven's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
327
Posts

 
Drives: AH AW 13'
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoldbeemer View Post
Why would you do that? Isn't DHP even better - you can set it the way you want it?
haha that's why i'm only changing the springs out.
__________________
AH3 M | Tech | DHP | HK | M Perf. Exhaust, Spoiler, Diffuser | Xpel PPF | F1 Pinnacle | Eibach | O.Z. HLT
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 02:24 AM   #5
newoldbeemer
Captain
15
Rep
673
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Jose

iTrader: (0)

Aah you did mention just springs, I mis-read. My bad.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
momo3605
Captain
13
Rep
863
Posts

 
Drives: 328i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

I've been asking this question too. Seems like no one has done in so far. You could be the guinea pig and let us know
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
Forgiven
First Lieutenant
Forgiven's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
327
Posts

 
Drives: AH AW 13'
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo3605
I've been asking this question too. Seems like no one has done in so far. You could be the guinea pig and let us know
I am not worried about fitment, but I just want some feedback..pros and cons. I am not in hurry to get mods ATM,hehe.
__________________
AH3 M | Tech | DHP | HK | M Perf. Exhaust, Spoiler, Diffuser | Xpel PPF | F1 Pinnacle | Eibach | O.Z. HLT
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #8
momo3605
Captain
13
Rep
863
Posts

 
Drives: 328i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgiven View Post
I am not worried about fitment, but I just want some feedback..pros and cons. I am not in hurry to get mods ATM,hehe.
honestly, it's just stiffer springs with a 10mm drop. I can see no downside of the mod. I just don't want to be first to do it, haha. There's also Dinan parts coming out specifically for DHP. Probably wait for that.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #9
Forgiven
First Lieutenant
Forgiven's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
327
Posts

 
Drives: AH AW 13'
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo3605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgiven View Post
I am not worried about fitment, but I just want some feedback..pros and cons. I am not in hurry to get mods ATM,hehe.
honestly, it's just stiffer springs with a 10mm drop. I can see no downside of the mod. I just don't want to be first to do it, haha. There's also Dinan parts coming out specifically for DHP. Probably wait for that.
Nice!! that means, I would have to wait longer on mods now. haha
__________________
AH3 M | Tech | DHP | HK | M Perf. Exhaust, Spoiler, Diffuser | Xpel PPF | F1 Pinnacle | Eibach | O.Z. HLT
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #10
DVC
Major
DVC's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,010
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I am anxiously awaiting the Dinan parts... shockware, springs and matching bump stops. I posted what I've found out so far about this on this thread:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=862007

I really want to retain the functionality of the adaptive EDC dampers, so I can't wait to see how this option stacks up against the M Performance setup.
__________________
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 02:06 AM   #11
Forgiven
First Lieutenant
Forgiven's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
327
Posts

 
Drives: AH AW 13'
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Hopefully within a year, we'll get some kinda suspension from Dinan that allows us to keep DHP functionality.
__________________
AH3 M | Tech | DHP | HK | M Perf. Exhaust, Spoiler, Diffuser | Xpel PPF | F1 Pinnacle | Eibach | O.Z. HLT
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #12
momo3605
Captain
13
Rep
863
Posts

 
Drives: 328i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgiven View Post
Hopefully within a year, we'll get some kinda suspension from Dinan that allows us to keep DHP functionality.
A year?? They should be out before the end of 2013!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #13
DVC
Major
DVC's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,010
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'm getting tired of waiting for the Dinan kit... every time I call them, they sound less and less confident that it will be out any time soon. At this point, I'd say sometime next year is optimistic.
While it would be nice to have Shockware to provide a revised Sport mode with a firmer damper calibration, I am starting to think that the bigger benefit of this system will be the firmer springs. The stock sport springs seem to be the weak point in the DHP suspension; they are probably a little on the soft side, more optimized to favor those who prefer to drive in Comfort mode. With that in mind, I'm starting to think the M Performance springs may be the perfect solution!
As I understand it, H&R Sport springs are at a similar spring rate as OEM sport - just lower. (Too low in my opinion) This is probably why some folks seem to report bottoming out with them. The firmer spring rate and only 10mm of drop could be the ideal solution.
__________________
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #14
Forgiven
First Lieutenant
Forgiven's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
327
Posts

 
Drives: AH AW 13'
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Do you know the part #'s?

thanks!
__________________
AH3 M | Tech | DHP | HK | M Perf. Exhaust, Spoiler, Diffuser | Xpel PPF | F1 Pinnacle | Eibach | O.Z. HLT
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #15
bmrm396
Major
United_States
15
Rep
1,334
Posts

 
Drives: '14 F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: sD, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC View Post
I'm getting tired of waiting for the Dinan kit... every time I call them, they sound less and less confident that it will be out any time soon. At this point, I'd say sometime next year is optimistic.
While it would be nice to have Shockware to provide a revised Sport mode with a firmer damper calibration, I am starting to think that the bigger benefit of this system will be the firmer springs. The stock sport springs seem to be the weak point in the DHP suspension; they are probably a little on the soft side, more optimized to favor those who prefer to drive in Comfort mode. With that in mind, I'm starting to think the M Performance springs may be the perfect solution!
As I understand it, H&R Sport springs are at a similar spring rate as OEM sport - just lower. (Too low in my opinion) This is probably why some folks seem to report bottoming out with them. The firmer spring rate and only 10mm of drop could be the ideal solution.
completely agree - havent had any luck with springs from vendor.
__________________
Formerly addicted to e46fanatics
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #16
2blu
Captain
2blu's Avatar
Canada
13
Rep
763
Posts

 
Drives: 335i XDrive ///M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Part numbers are:

31336860630, fronts
33536860621, rears

Contact Evan@Tischer he'll be able to help you guys ! They are reasonably priced as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #17
Forgiven
First Lieutenant
Forgiven's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
327
Posts

 
Drives: AH AW 13'
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

thank you
__________________
AH3 M | Tech | DHP | HK | M Perf. Exhaust, Spoiler, Diffuser | Xpel PPF | F1 Pinnacle | Eibach | O.Z. HLT
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #18
stevehecht
Captain
United_States
9
Rep
655
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 328d; 1990 325i coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Acton, MA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo3605 View Post
honestly, it's just stiffer springs with a 10mm drop. I can see no downside of the mod. I just don't want to be first to do it, haha. There's also Dinan parts coming out specifically for DHP. Probably wait for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC
I am anxiously awaiting the Dinan parts... shockware, springs and matching bump stops.
I have read on one of these forums very recently (from BradCantor?) that Dinan is not going to swap out the OE sport springs, and will only add on bump stops and sway bar (and reprogram the dampers of course). It's claimed that they are very happy with the performance of the OE springs. (I just posted this information on another thread in this Suspension forum.)
__________________
2014 328d SportLine///1990 325i Coupe
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #19
stevehecht
Captain
United_States
9
Rep
655
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 328d; 1990 325i coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Acton, MA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo3605 View Post
A year?? They should be out before the end of 2013!
Definitely not. When I spoke to Dinan (Jeff) a month ago he was saying that the stage 1 tune comes out first, then Shockware in early spring (estimate). I'm kind of glad that they're doing such extensive testing on the Shockware and tune before release--it increases the likelihood of an excellent outcome. (Of course I don't even own the f30 yet, so I'm not bursting at the seams like DVC!)
__________________
2014 328d SportLine///1990 325i Coupe
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #20
bmrm396
Major
United_States
15
Rep
1,334
Posts

 
Drives: '14 F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: sD, CA

iTrader: (2)

It's not extensive testing that they're doing - they're havin serious trouble cracking the f30 coding
__________________
Formerly addicted to e46fanatics
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 05:01 AM   #21
momo3605
Captain
13
Rep
863
Posts

 
Drives: 328i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehecht View Post
Definitely not. When I spoke to Dinan (Jeff) a month ago he was saying that the stage 1 tune comes out first, then Shockware in early spring (estimate). I'm kind of glad that they're doing such extensive testing on the Shockware and tune before release--it increases the likelihood of an excellent outcome. (Of course I don't even own the f30 yet, so I'm not bursting at the seams like DVC!)
You're right, I believe that was their most recent plan, but last week he told me they will be releasing the stage 1 suspension in January as the first f30 part because they have not made any progress cracking the software. This makes more sense to me, because why hold back everything if you're not even certain the code can be cracked.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #22
stevehecht
Captain
United_States
9
Rep
655
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 328d; 1990 325i coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Acton, MA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrm396 View Post
It's not extensive testing that they're doing - they're havin serious trouble cracking the f30 coding
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. The Dinan rep at a dealership here in MA told me that they're having trouble with their software (I've forgotten the name that he used for the program they're using). Maybe six of one, half-dozen of the other...
__________________
2014 328d SportLine///1990 325i Coupe
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST