F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Code Me In So Cal
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #23
nick2013328i
Second Lieutenant
 
nick2013328i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So CAL, LA

Posts: 244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
What percent tint? I tinted mine, but it's very light. I did it mainly for heat rejection, not stealth!
LIMO every window plus banner finally posted pics up just now in photo gallery section... i love the blacked out look. im looking for a cop to sign it off now -_- i have the worst luck with police.
nick2013328i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #24
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Frogman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

Posts: 1,714
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktctr View Post
Might I suggest perhaps meeting up at the Marketplace Shopping Center (in Tustin at 5 and Jamboree) parking lot near the REI and Best Buy? Its a huge lot that is rarely busy so there's plenty of room to meet up. Its also right off the 5 (and near the 55 freeway) so it should be relatively easy for most in OC area to make. Open to other suggestions but I thought I'd throw this out there to get the dialogue going. Very excited about getting a group together!
That works for me. Looking at Google Maps of the lot, it looks like the quietest part would be due east of the big white pillar next to Best Buy.
Frogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #25
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Frogman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

Posts: 1,714
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2013328i View Post
that is perfectly fine with me lets plan for this, if someone can post the exact address of that best buy or something so we can all just GPS the location.

11/17 saturday 10AM best buy parking lot (insert address)

post increasing interest for more people in so cal to come out for coding if they need it! thanks frogman appreciate this a lot! cant wait for a few custom codes!

digital speed is one you know how to code?
How about here: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.721831,+-117.793966

I have not coded digital speed for anyone yet (no one has asked before), but it's in the F10 cheat sheet, so it shouldn't be an issue. Also a guy in the Netherlands posted that he was able to code BC_DIGITAL_V on his F30, so you should be ok. We'll find out!
Frogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #26
nick2013328i
Second Lieutenant
 
nick2013328i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So CAL, LA

Posts: 244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
How about here: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.721831,+-117.793966

I have not coded digital speed for anyone yet (no one has asked before), but it's in the F10 cheat sheet, so it shouldn't be an issue. Also a guy in the Netherlands posted that he was able to code BC_DIGITAL_V on his F30, so you should be ok. We'll find out!
ya on that one thread i saw that he posted pics that in the bottom right he had digital speed show up definitely one i NEED. hate looking at the needle.

... i think he even wrote how to do the coding for it but i forgot where it was at in this forum.
nick2013328i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #27
nick2013328i
Second Lieutenant
 
nick2013328i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So CAL, LA

Posts: 244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2013328i View Post
that is perfectly fine with me lets plan for this, if someone can post the exact address of that best buy or something so we can all just GPS the location.

11/17 saturday 10AM best buy parking lot (insert address)

post increasing interest for more people in so cal to come out for coding if they need it! thanks frogman appreciate this a lot! cant wait for a few custom codes!

digital speed is one you know how to code?
okay here the adress at the Ethan Allen Store in that shopping center. Meet outside ethan allen okay???


Ethan Allen Design Centermore info‎
2996 El Camino Real, The Market Place
Tustin, CA 92780

saturday 11/17 10am! ) its in my calander!!
nick2013328i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #28
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Frogman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

Posts: 1,714
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2013328i View Post
LIMO every window plus banner finally posted pics up just now in photo gallery section... i love the blacked out look. im looking for a cop to sign it off now -_- i have the worst luck with police.
Doing the front side windows (and windshield?) in limo like that is like putting a neon sign on your car saying "ticket me". I'm surprised you lasted 5 hours!
Frogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #29
nick2013328i
Second Lieutenant
 
nick2013328i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So CAL, LA

Posts: 244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
Doing the front side windows (and windshield?) in limo like that is like putting a neon sign on your car saying "ticket me". I'm surprised you lasted 5 hours!
no no not windshield. windshield i have the banner on top only.. but the city i live in is PICKYYYYYYY.. ive had that tint on my last 3 cars though and havent had a problem just always roll with windows down. lol
nick2013328i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #30
Arktctr
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2014 328d MSport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 189
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2013328i View Post
okay here the adress at the Ethan Allen Store in that shopping center. Meet outside ethan allen okay???


Ethan Allen Design Centermore info‎
2996 El Camino Real, The Market Place
Tustin, CA 92780

saturday 11/17 10am! ) its in my calander!!
Knowing that shopping center very well, I think out near the big white light column in front of the Best Buy as previously suggested would be the best spot (always quiet there and easy to see once you are in the area). This will be awesome! Thanks Frogman for volunteering your time! Lunch is on me buddy!
__________________

2014 328d MSport ED: 5/2/2014
2013 F30 Activehybrid3 MSport (Gone)
2012 F30 328i Sportline (Gone)
Arktctr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #31
nick2013328i
Second Lieutenant
 
nick2013328i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So CAL, LA

Posts: 244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktctr View Post
Knowing that shopping center very well, I think out near the big white light column in front of the Best Buy as previously suggested would be the best spot (always quiet there and easy to see once you are in the area). This will be awesome! Thanks Frogman for volunteering your time! Lunch is on me buddy!
that sounds like a plan. spread the word "y'all"
nick2013328i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #32
CHECKERED
ex deus machina
 
CHECKERED's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i E92, 05 Audi S4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: a Treacherous Canyon Road in SoCal

Posts: 399
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2005 Audi S4  [0.00]
what about E9X peeps?
__________________
Garage Queen: 2005 Audi S4 4.2L V8, Vortech Supercharger, Vented CF Hood, PSS9 Coilovers, Sway-bars, RS4 brakes, Fast Intentions - Cat-less Downpipes & Full Exhaust, 505AWTQ
Daily Driver: E92 335i N54: JB4 G5 ISO28 w/BMS Flash, quaife LSD, BMS Meth, AA sport IC, BMS Charge Pipe, BMS OCC, Euro Light Switch, M-Sport Kit; 12.1@117mph (stock intake stock exhaust, 225ís RFT)
CHECKERED is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #33
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Frogman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

Posts: 1,714
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECKERED View Post
what about E9X peeps?
Sorry, unless we can recruit someone with the right equipment, I can only code F10 or F30 cars (with the Ethernet - OBDII cable). I don't have the DCAN cable or the software to do non-F series cars. Sorry.
Frogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #34
Abspara
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Hi,

I live in the Riverside area. If anyone can help me with coding for my 2012 328i i'd appreciate it. Thanks much

Abspara at gmail dot com.
Abspara is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #35
nick2013328i
Second Lieutenant
 
nick2013328i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So CAL, LA

Posts: 244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Hi,

I live in the Riverside area. If anyone can help me with coding for my 2012 328i i'd appreciate it. Thanks much

Abspara at gmail dot com.
nov 17 look above at the dates and time and place be there!
nick2013328i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #36
Abspara
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2013328i View Post
nov 17 look above at the dates and time and place be there!
Thanks, i appreciate it

I'll try to make it down there if my f30 is out of the dealer for service by then.

Thanks again for the information and invite!

Oh, may I ask If there a charge for this service?

Last edited by Abspara; 11-03-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Abspara is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #37
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Frogman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

Posts: 1,714
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Thanks, i appreciate it

I'll try to make it down there if my f30 is out of the dealer for service by then.

Thanks again for the information and invite!

Oh, may I ask If there a charge for this service?
We're just a bunch of F30 owners/enthusiasts who want to get more out of our cars. We're doing this for fun, not money.
Frogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #38
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Frogman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

Posts: 1,714
iTrader: (0)

Just a note to everyone so things are clear:

As far as the actual coding process; I don't touch other people cars, I don't want, and won't take the responsibility.

I let people use my cable and laptop and I walk them through, step-by-step on how to code the things they want to enable. You plug the cable in and you do the coding.

Once you know how to do it, it's really easy. If you are good enough with computers to be on these forums, you're smart enough to code your own car once you know what to do.

If you don't want any responsibility in the coding process, then you will need to find a person/company that will do the coding for you, probably for a price.
Frogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #39
nick2013328i
Second Lieutenant
 
nick2013328i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So CAL, LA

Posts: 244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
Just a note to everyone so things are clear:

As far as the actual coding process; I don't touch other people cars, I don't want, and won't take the responsibility.

I let people use my cable and laptop and I walk them through, step-by-step on how to code the things they want to enable. You plug the cable in and you do the coding.

Once you know how to do it, it's really easy. If you are good enough with computers to be on these forums, you're smart enough to code your own car once you know what to do.

If you don't want any responsibility in the coding process, then you will need to find a person/company that will do the coding for you, probably for a price.
Completely fair and understandable I'm sure for everyone. I look for forward to our meet up and definetely appreciate the assistance!
nick2013328i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #40
DrivenByE30
Colonel
 
DrivenByE30's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OC - SoCal

Posts: 2,806
iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
It's a bit far for me, but any excuse to drive my car is a good one, so this location is fine with me.

How about starting at 10:00am and go until we run out of cars to code?
Hello Frogman !

I have a feeling you will be there all morning and afternoon long...
hopefully the weather wont be too hot or warm...

Considering an average of 15-20 min of coding per car... we are looking probably at around (at least 2hours not bad.
We should all pitch in to buy him a good lunch

I will drop by just to see the gathering... It will be good to see you again, and admire your red car...

I was dreaming last night that my car turned red, and i would love it.
DrivenByE30 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #41
Abspara
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

What would you guys say are the best codes to get for my vehicle?

I've got a F30 with comfort access, premium package, Technology package, and xenons.

I'm interested in things like video in motion and idrive disclaimer removal, but I thought I'd ask the community what they thought some other must have coding is? Thanks guys.
Abspara is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #42
nick2013328i
Second Lieutenant
 
nick2013328i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So CAL, LA

Posts: 244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
What would you guys say are the best codes to get for my vehicle?

I've got a F30 with comfort access, premium package, Technology package, and xenons.

I'm interested in things like video in motion and idrive disclaimer removal, but I thought I'd ask the community what they thought some other must have coding is? Thanks guys.
tpms numbers, digital speed (i have no HUD), auto fold mirrors, auto roll windows (upon lock/ unlock). getting rid of that disclaimer would be nice too

really its just personal preference on what you would like!
nick2013328i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #43
Abspara
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2013328i View Post
tpms numbers, digital speed (i have no HUD), auto fold mirrors, auto roll windows (upon lock/ unlock). getting rid of that disclaimer would be nice too

really its just personal preference on what you would like!
What are TPMS numbers? Sorry it's my first BMW and its relatively new to me

Those items you listed sound pretty cool.
Abspara is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #44
nick2013328i
Second Lieutenant
 
nick2013328i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So CAL, LA

Posts: 244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
What are TPMS numbers? Sorry it's my first BMW and its relatively new to me

Those items you listed sound pretty cool.
i guess it will actually give your the read out of the actual PSI of each tire individually as well as the temp (temp is pointless to me but i like seeing each tires psi individual)
nick2013328i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST