F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires > HRE Wheels
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #23
JimmyD
Jimmy D. 2011 F-10 550i Sport, Black Sapphire
 
JimmyD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 F-10 550i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: S.C.

Posts: 132
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE View Post
I think everyone has their freedom on how to spend their hard earned money.

The only part that I would add, is when you are in the market for aftermarket wheels, make sure you do your research. There are a lot of very high quality brands such as Rays, BBS, OZ, Enkei. But there are a lot of poor quality brands with not much engineering that market themselves as a high quality brand.

It's not about the amount of money you spend. There are products in the market that are selling for $3000 range that I would trust on my own car. I think that is the key, if your family members are in your car, would you trust the product that is on your car regarding safety.

HRE announced the new FF01 which will start at $2900 for the set. The product carries the customer service and quality that the HRE brand carries.

Quality has to do with the people who stand behind it, not just the price.
I definatly agree with you, HRE was my first choice, but really had to watch my budget, people of all different lifestyles have different budgets, some may spend more money on eating out all the time while others eat at home...or how many kids they have, and some have none.... I went with the BBS, I didnt get everything I wanted out of a wheel that HRE had, but I know I have good quality and the style is similar, I just couldnt budget more than $1,200. a wheel...after reading all the wheel horror stories on here, even with the way some of the companies took a really long time to fix a damaged shipping issue, I got spooked and HRE or BBS was the only way to go. BBS was a lot cheaper, and less than what I budgeted, but I sacrificed having the brushed and cut look that I wanted and had to settle for a bright silver paint.
The biggest thing though a few companies out their I looked at sell a nice looking popular wheel for around $1,000. but for some reason they are not bonded (insured) so if something was going to happen, being the wheels fault, I would rather spend more on the company that was bonded.
JimmyD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #24
BMWGRAM
@bmwgram
 
BMWGRAM's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 863
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE View Post
I think everyone has their freedom on how to spend their hard earned money.

The only part that I would add, is when you are in the market for aftermarket wheels, make sure you do your research. There are a lot of very high quality brands such as Rays, BBS, OZ, Enkei. But there are a lot of poor quality brands with not much engineering that market themselves as a high quality brand.

It's not about the amount of money you spend. There are products in the market that are selling for $3000 range that I would trust on my own car. I think that is the key, if your family members are in your car, would you trust the product that is on your car regarding safety.

HRE announced the new FF01 which will start at $2900 for the set. The product carries the customer service and quality that the HRE brand carries.

Quality has to do with the people who stand behind it, not just the price.
thanks Long, my bumper should be here next week from you guys
__________________
Current: E92 M3 | AW | ZCP | DCT | Revinora | HRE | Meisterschaft GT2
Sold: F30 335i | EBII | 6MT | M-Sport | Adv.1 Wheels | BC Coils
Sold: F30 335i | Jet Black | 8AT | 1M Bumper | Slek | GT Haus | H&R | MORR

Check out @bmwgram on instagram!
BMWGRAM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #25
HRE_Mickey
Captain
 
Drives: Sold E39 M5
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 759
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30ftw View Post
thanks Long, my bumper should be here next week from you guys
Your probably referring to Long Tran from LTBMW
HRE_Mickey is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #26
Rossifumi
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Rossifumi's Avatar
 
Drives: Some BMW
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sweden

Posts: 1,645
iTrader: (0)

People really need to see the wheels in person to understand how some people justify the cost. People that know cars are amazed by the wheels (I have P44SC on my car) and even people that have no clue about cars compliment the wheels. I've lost count of how many thumbs up and conversations that has started because of the wheels and I get NONE of that now with my stock 403M for the winter.

I have had BBS, OZ, iForged etc on previous cars but these monoblock HRE's are just insane. They almost belong on the wall as a sculpture!
Rossifumi is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2012, 02:04 AM   #27
justinnum1
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

Posts: 3,985
iTrader: (0)

hre>all
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
justinnum1 is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #28
BMWGRAM
@bmwgram
 
BMWGRAM's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 863
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE View Post
Your probably referring to Long Tran from LTBMW

yes i am i didnt even notice lol, i was in a rush but thanks Lon!
__________________
Current: E92 M3 | AW | ZCP | DCT | Revinora | HRE | Meisterschaft GT2
Sold: F30 335i | EBII | 6MT | M-Sport | Adv.1 Wheels | BC Coils
Sold: F30 335i | Jet Black | 8AT | 1M Bumper | Slek | GT Haus | H&R | MORR

Check out @bmwgram on instagram!
BMWGRAM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #29
remmib
General
 
remmib's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway

Posts: 26,080
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
..I've lost count of how many thumbs up and conversations that has started because of the wheels and I get NONE of that now with my stock 403M for the winter.

I have had BBS, OZ, iForged etc on previous cars but these monoblock HRE's are just insane. They almost belong on the wall as a sculpture!
HRE winters next...
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3D Design Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
remmib is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #30
Rossifumi
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Rossifumi's Avatar
 
Drives: Some BMW
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sweden

Posts: 1,645
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
HRE winters next...
LOL, I have a friend that can get me ADV.1's at awesome prices but it is still overkill for winter wheels for us mere mortals.
Rossifumi is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #31
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2 S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,532
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
LOL, I have a friend that can get me ADV.1's at awesome prices but it is still overkill for winter wheels for us mere mortals.
Can he be my friend too?
__________________
'98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C @ 13psi(cracking 500hp this summer) +'13 EBII M Sport 328i 6mtFOR SALE
Jamesons Viggen is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
hre wheels, p44sc, rims

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST