F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F31 M performance brakes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
mlepyro
M Performance
mlepyro's Avatar
United Kingdom
64
Rep
657
Posts

Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
F31 M performance brakes

What do people think?...



Mat
__________________
F10 M5 Competition Frozen Austin Yellow / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F15 X5 M50d - Mineral White w/Mocha Nappa Leather. Loaded, 599M 21" wheels, all M-perf. accessories.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
derekh929
Captain
Scotland
86
Rep
970
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Love them are the disks Bigger as I thought the were the same as standard m performance as I looked at buying the drilled disks
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
mlepyro
M Performance
mlepyro's Avatar
United Kingdom
64
Rep
657
Posts

Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
Love them are the disks Bigger as I thought the were the same as standard m performance as I looked at buying the drilled disks
"Brembo high-performance 4-piston aluminum fixed caliper on the front axle and 2-piston aluminum fixed caliper on the rear axle. Improved thermal resistance thanks to larger, internally-ventilated, lightweight-construction sports brake discs. Drilled (dimpled) and grooved brake discs also reduce water film build-up between the brake lining and the disc surface. Available in M Performance Red, Yellow or Orange all with an M logo on the outside of the caliper. Drilled and grooved, internally-ventilated lightweight brake disks with riveted aluminum hat measuring 370 x 30 mm (diameter x thickness) on the front axle and 345 x 24 mm on the rear axle (rear brake discs must be ordered separately).

The BMW M Performance sports brake system is only approved in combination with at least 18" aluminum wheels."

Not sure to be honest, but there is the sizes for the discs... 370/345mm... does anyone know the size of the OEM ones? They look bigger.

Cheers

Mat
__________________
F10 M5 Competition Frozen Austin Yellow / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F15 X5 M50d - Mineral White w/Mocha Nappa Leather. Loaded, 599M 21" wheels, all M-perf. accessories.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
derekh929
Captain
Scotland
86
Rep
970
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlepyro View Post
"Brembo high-performance 4-piston aluminum fixed caliper on the front axle and 2-piston aluminum fixed caliper on the rear axle. Improved thermal resistance thanks to larger, internally-ventilated, lightweight-construction sports brake discs. Drilled (dimpled) and grooved brake discs also reduce water film build-up between the brake lining and the disc surface. Available in M Performance Red, Yellow or Orange all with an M logo on the outside of the caliper. Drilled and grooved, internally-ventilated lightweight brake disks with riveted aluminum hat measuring 370 x 30 mm (diameter x thickness) on the front axle and 345 x 24 mm on the rear axle (rear brake discs must be ordered separately).

The BMW M Performance sports brake system is only approved in combination with at least 18" aluminum wheels."

Not sure to be honest, but there is the sizes for the discs... 370/345mm... does anyone know the size of the OEM ones? They look bigger.

Cheers

Mat
Mat I got part numbers for the disks on American part of site I'm sure they are same disk size and not fully drilled just dimpled
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
mlepyro
M Performance
mlepyro's Avatar
United Kingdom
64
Rep
657
Posts

Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'm guessing the description must mean from normal brakes to these. But from M brakes to M performance maybe they are same or similar sized discs Derek...



Edit: Doh... appear to be comparing front vs rear here! Will dig out another piccie.

Cheers

Mat
__________________
F10 M5 Competition Frozen Austin Yellow / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F15 X5 M50d - Mineral White w/Mocha Nappa Leather. Loaded, 599M 21" wheels, all M-perf. accessories.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
derekh929
Captain
Scotland
86
Rep
970
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

I thought something wrong there, tried to find the thread in main site with all the sizes for uk eu and America etc if I find will post up, I was going to buy the disks but have just left it

Last edited by derekh929; 05-15-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #7
derekh929
Captain
Scotland
86
Rep
970
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=120

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=689045
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #8
zorroone
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
25
Rep
545
Posts

Drives: F31 MSport 330dxdrive
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belfast

iTrader: (0)

I would prefer the red with white car.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #9
mlepyro
M Performance
mlepyro's Avatar
United Kingdom
64
Rep
657
Posts

Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Red it was... hopefully next week they go on. hprice1099 is to blame for motivating me / buying my old ones.
__________________
F10 M5 Competition Frozen Austin Yellow / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F15 X5 M50d - Mineral White w/Mocha Nappa Leather. Loaded, 599M 21" wheels, all M-perf. accessories.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #10
Hprice1099
Lieutenant
Hprice1099's Avatar
United Kingdom
24
Rep
585
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Liverpool

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlepyro View Post
Red it was... hopefully next week they go on. hprice1099 is to blame for motivating me / buying my old ones.

Haha shhhhhhhhh Mat I'm not telling the misses lol
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #11
mlepyro
M Performance
mlepyro's Avatar
United Kingdom
64
Rep
657
Posts

Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Got her back today...

Shall take some proper piccies tomorrow or so...









What came off...





Mat
__________________
F10 M5 Competition Frozen Austin Yellow / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F15 X5 M50d - Mineral White w/Mocha Nappa Leather. Loaded, 599M 21" wheels, all M-perf. accessories.

Last edited by mlepyro; 06-03-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #12
metrickid
Brigadier General
1606
Rep
3,757
Posts

Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Why did you buy the whole kit when you already had the upgraded M-sports?
You could have just bought the discs as the rest is identical?

Red might look nicer though. And I guess you could sell the old ones too...
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #13
mlepyro
M Performance
mlepyro's Avatar
United Kingdom
64
Rep
657
Posts

Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
Why did you buy the whole kit when you already had the upgraded M-sports?
You could have just bought the discs as the rest is identical?

Red might look nicer though. And I guess you could sell the old ones too...
Yeah I did go through the process of questioning this myself... but it is giving me:

Vented/Drilled discs
Coloured calipers (4/2 same config as M Brakes)
Better brake pads

The cost after I sold my existing system was around what I'd be paying to have the front and rear M perf. parts carbon skinned...

Mat
__________________
F10 M5 Competition Frozen Austin Yellow / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F15 X5 M50d - Mineral White w/Mocha Nappa Leather. Loaded, 599M 21" wheels, all M-perf. accessories.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #14
metrickid
Brigadier General
1606
Rep
3,757
Posts

Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlepyro View Post
Yeah I did go through the process of questioning this myself... but it is giving me:

Vented/Drilled discs
Coloured calipers (4/2 same config as M Brakes)
Better brake pads

The cost after I sold my existing system was around what I'd be paying to have the front and rear M perf. parts carbon skinned...

Mat


Are the pads different? Didn't know that.
Too bad though that they don't have a dust-free option.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #15
zorroone
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
25
Rep
545
Posts

Drives: F31 MSport 330dxdrive
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belfast

iTrader: (0)

The RED is ace!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #16
mlepyro
M Performance
mlepyro's Avatar
United Kingdom
64
Rep
657
Posts

Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Some piccies from yesterday... will find a nicer spot for something a bit better sometime.







Very pleased. Yes it's very similar to the blue setup but is different hence the reason for doing it.

The pads are more of a sport pad, and also fit the M135i for some reason. There is a note in the car saying I need to contact my parts guy before it goes in for servicing so he can order them in specially.

Mat
__________________
F10 M5 Competition Frozen Austin Yellow / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F15 X5 M50d - Mineral White w/Mocha Nappa Leather. Loaded, 599M 21" wheels, all M-perf. accessories.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #17
Kabrich
Captain
United_States
68
Rep
887
Posts

Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlepyro View Post
"Brembo high-performance 4-piston aluminum fixed caliper on the front axle and 2-piston aluminum fixed caliper on the rear axle. Improved thermal resistance thanks to larger, internally-ventilated, lightweight-construction sports brake discs. Drilled (dimpled) and grooved brake discs also reduce water film build-up between the brake lining and the disc surface. Available in M Performance Red, Yellow or Orange all with an M logo on the outside of the caliper. Drilled and grooved, internally-ventilated lightweight brake disks with riveted aluminum hat measuring 370 x 30 mm (diameter x thickness) on the front axle and 345 x 24 mm on the rear axle (rear brake discs must be ordered separately).

The BMW M Performance sports brake system is only approved in combination with at least 18" aluminum wheels."

Not sure to be honest, but there is the sizes for the discs... 370/345mm... does anyone know the size of the OEM ones? They look bigger.

Cheers

Mat
Are the blue smaller? I thought blue was available with this in Europe?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #18
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
360
Rep
6,820
Posts

Drives: 2016 LCIM3, 2016 435D m S Gran
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabrich View Post
Are the blue smaller? I thought blue was available with this in Europe?
My Blue brakes look quiet big.
These are M sport Brakes on 19" wheels
Attached Images
 
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC , LCI M3 coming 535D M Sport in Moonstone and Cashmere Beige Merino.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #19
Kabrich
Captain
United_States
68
Rep
887
Posts

Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
My Blue brakes look quiet big.
These are M sport Brakes on 19" wheels
Why is blue not listed as an available colour above?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #20
NISFAN
Major General
NISFAN's Avatar
United Kingdom
891
Rep
6,854
Posts

Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabrich View Post
Why is blue not listed as an available colour above?
Blue are M Sport brake option (2NH)

Yellow/Red/Orange are M Performance brakes (ZP1A)
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #21
Chrishumes
Second Lieutenant
5
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: 330d xdrive
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Newcastle

iTrader: (0)

What's the difference? I assume if I wanted to but them retrofit, I'd need the performance ones....anyone bought direct from uk dealer or USA?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #22
NISFAN
Major General
NISFAN's Avatar
United Kingdom
891
Rep
6,854
Posts

Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishumes View Post
What's the difference? I assume if I wanted to but them retrofit, I'd need the performance ones....anyone bought direct from uk dealer or USA?
I would imagine M Performance kit would be cheaper than to buy each individual caliper and disc of the M Sport set up.

They are the same, except M P you get 3 colour choices, and grooved front discs.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 AM.




f30post
f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST