F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Tiger is sailing. NE1 else aboard?
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
stom_m3
Private
5
Rep
94
Posts

 
Drives: Sequoia
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Tiger is sailing. NE1 else aboard?

Have an EBii 335 M-Sport coming in on the Tiger. Anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
Charles5
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Yep! My 335i Sport is on the tiger!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
chrisny
Colonel
United_States
32
Rep
2,482
Posts

 
Drives: Msport '13 335xi & '14 X5 35i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

When and where did it leave from? Mine finished production Saturday and I'm hoping it's on a boat already but that's probably too optimistic.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #4
Charles5
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

It departed bremerhaven dec 15th. Its currently in southampton uk
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 12:18 AM   #5
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
10
Rep
561
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
When and where did it leave from? Mine finished production Saturday and I'm hoping it's on a boat already but that's probably too optimistic.
Tiger isn't bound for NY.

For NY deliveries, you may actually be shit outa luck. There is a boat leaving tomorrow (loaded today) from Bremerhaven that docks on Jan 2nd. However, if your car just finished production Sat, chances are it either hasn't reached the port of exit, or has just arrived there (my car took 3 days from end of production to reach port of exit). If you're lucky and you managed to catch the ship leaving tomorrow (the Torino from WW), then you can expect an early Jan delivery.

However, if you're like most people on here, and need to wait a week in port, then you're screwed, because the next WW ship from Germany that actually stops in NY departs like Jan 7th, and doesn't dock in NY until Jan 23rd.

Of course, there may be a non WW ship that sails from Germany to NY, or they may ship your car to say Boston and then truck it to NY instead of waiting for the Jan 7th ship. Best bet is to call your CA next week and see if it made a ship. They have up to date information.

Hope you make an earlier ship! My CA should tell me in a day or two if I managed to catch the Torino (have been waiting in port since 12/12)
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #6
Jackson743
Lieutenant
9
Rep
475
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M-Sport/EBII/ED 12/5
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stom_m3 View Post
Have an EBii 335 M-Sport coming in on the Tiger. Anyone else?
My EB M-Sport is on the Tiger, too. It's due in Port Hueneme on 01/09.

I don't know how long customs and VPC will take. They have to install brakes and exhaust.

I wonder if I request, can I get the old brakes and exhaust (and grill). I paid for them.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #7
Jackson743
Lieutenant
9
Rep
475
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M-Sport/EBII/ED 12/5
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
When and where did it leave from? Mine finished production Saturday and I'm hoping it's on a boat already but that's probably too optimistic.
I just noticed my vehicle status had changed last night 12/18. But, it was loaded on the Tiger actually on 12/15, at the Bremerhaven dock on 12/14, and booked on 12/10. So there is a delay before you are notified. The Tiger was/is actually in Southampton before I had a clue my car was in transit to Port Hueneme.

If you go to Bimmerfest.com website, and research the ED forum for East Coast delivery, you can find the shipping company/agent, input your VIN and I think you'll be real time with your cars status.

I just discovered this just now.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #8
stom_m3
Private
5
Rep
94
Posts

 
Drives: Sequoia
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson743 View Post
My EB M-Sport is on the Tiger, too. It's due in Port Hueneme on 01/09.

I don't know how long customs and VPC will take. They have to install brakes and exhaust.

I wonder if I request, can I get the old brakes and exhaust (and grill). I paid for them.
Were you going to get the Power Kit too? I wanted to get the PPK but the dealer said it wasn't available yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
chrisny
Colonel
United_States
32
Rep
2,482
Posts

 
Drives: Msport '13 335xi & '14 X5 35i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi
However, if you're like most people on here, and need to wait a week in port, then you're screwed, because the next WW ship from Germany that actually stops in NY departs like Jan 7th, and doesn't dock in NY until Jan 23rd.

Of course, there may be a non WW ship that sails from Germany to NY, or they may ship your car to say Boston and then truck it to NY instead of waiting for the Jan 7th ship. Best bet is to call your CA next week and see if it made a ship. They have up to date information.
Damn. The 23rd would SUCK. Thanks for the info. Will be calling my CA tomorrow. Good luck, hopefully we're both on the earlier one.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #10
Jackson743
Lieutenant
9
Rep
475
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M-Sport/EBII/ED 12/5
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stom_m3 View Post
Were you going to get the Power Kit too? I wanted to get the PPK but the dealer said it wasn't available yet.
The Power Kit containing the M-Performance Exhaust and black grills is a port-install.

The other Power Performance Kit that adds 20 extra HP I don't think is available yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #11
Kng87
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
34
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 328xi
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: new york city

iTrader: (0)

Ill be piss if my car get here jan 23 my car at the port since dec 7 why is it taking so long!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #12
chrisny
Colonel
United_States
32
Rep
2,482
Posts

 
Drives: Msport '13 335xi & '14 X5 35i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Yeah it's definitely delayed but now also seems unreliable. Here's my timeline for the last week and a half:

In production as of 12/8, estimated completion 12/18.

By middle of last week, estimate changed to 12/15.

Saturday 12/15, said it was being transported to port of exit.

By Monday, said "production completed, waiting to be released to carrier." when I speak to representative, that is as of last update on 12/15.

Doesn't this seem like my last two updates were backwards?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #13
chrisny
Colonel
United_States
32
Rep
2,482
Posts

 
Drives: Msport '13 335xi & '14 X5 35i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Looks like I'm at the Port, guess that means I missed the boat, literally...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #14
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
10
Rep
561
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Looks like I'm at the Port, guess that means I missed the boat, literally...
Sucks, though I may have missed it too, unless the 1800 is still lagging. If by Sat it's still at port then I prob missed the Torino.

On the plus side, maybe we'll get lucky and jump on a SA ship that's stopping in Bremerhaven before going on to NY. My dealer told me that I'm in very good shape to take delivery before Jan 12.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #15
Kng87
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
34
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 328xi
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: new york city

iTrader: (0)

I just check on both 1800 and the bmw site still saying awaiting at port for vessel. the good news is that I check http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp Wallenius Wilhelmsen using my vin number it show it on vessel Swift ACE and eta should be 12/29/2012 I think u guy should use the http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp it more updated then the site and the number
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #16
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
10
Rep
561
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kng87 View Post
I just check on both 1800 and the bmw site still saying awaiting at port for vessel. the good news is that I check http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp Wallenius Wilhelmsen using my vin number it show it on vessel Swift ACE and eta should be 12/29/2012 I think u guy should use the http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp it more updated then the site and the number
Yeah I tried this yesterday night (12/19) and it had no results for my car, so yeah =/.

BUT I just decided what the heck and checked again, and IT'S ON SWIFT ACE! =D Guess it finally updated today.

Guess they decided to stuff my car on the one coming from SA to NY instead of the one dedicated from Ger to NY (The Torino).

Hope my fellow NYers made it on also, go check the WW website now with your vin!

ETA to NY 12/28, hopefully in the dealership right after new years!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #17
chrisny
Colonel
United_States
32
Rep
2,482
Posts

 
Drives: Msport '13 335xi & '14 X5 35i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
Yeah I tried this yesterday night (12/19) and it had no results for my car, so yeah =/.

BUT I just decided what the heck and checked again, and IT'S ON SWIFT ACE! =D Guess it finally updated today.

Guess they decided to stuff my car on the one coming from SA to NY instead of the one dedicated from Ger to NY (The Torino).

Hope my fellow NYers made it on also, go check the WW website now with your vin!

ETA to NY 12/28, hopefully in the dealership right after new years!
That's awesome, congrats. Still showing "no records found" for me.. Guessing this means I'll have to cross my fingers for something else before that January ship you mentioned. When did you get loaded on Swift Ace, can you tell? I'm waiting to find out from my CA when exactly I got to Port. All he confirmed so far was that it was at the Port and he claims it will be the last loaded, first off because he put a "hot ticket" on it. Not sure how much I buy that but I have seen others on here say the same thing. Seems every salesman would do that if it was really that simple.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #18
Jackson743
Lieutenant
9
Rep
475
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M-Sport/EBII/ED 12/5
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

I've been following the Tiger on marinetraffic.com for 3 days. Boy, it seems to move pretty darn slow. I guess I'm being impatient.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #19
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
10
Rep
561
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
That's awesome, congrats. Still showing "no records found" for me.. Guessing this means I'll have to cross my fingers for something else before that January ship you mentioned. When did you get loaded on Swift Ace, can you tell? I'm waiting to find out from my CA when exactly I got to Port. All he confirmed so far was that it was at the Port and he claims it will be the last loaded, first off because he put a "hot ticket" on it. Not sure how much I buy that but I have seen others on here say the same thing. Seems every salesman would do that if it was really that simple.
I assume it was loaded late on the 19th. When i checked WW website, I had no records found as of 7pm on the 19th. As of 3pm on the 20th it was found as on the Swift Ace. The swift ace departed Bremerhaven I think around 1AM on the 20th.

Since it's proven that they can and will load NY bound cars on ships passing through Germany from SA, it's quite possible you'll catch one of those, since they actually take a more direct route to NYC after Germany port.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #20
chrisny
Colonel
United_States
32
Rep
2,482
Posts

 
Drives: Msport '13 335xi & '14 X5 35i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Hope so. If nothing else, I see there is another ship, the Turandot, heading from Bremerhaven to NY Dec 27, getting in 1/10. Hopefully I'm on that if nothing sooner. Anyone know anything about that ship? Looks like it goes from Germany to Belgium, the UK, NY, Baltimore, and back to Bremerhaven.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #21
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
10
Rep
561
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quite possible, since a few other forum members have had their car on the Turandot before. Don't know if there's any other ships leaving this week.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #22
Jackson743
Lieutenant
9
Rep
475
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M-Sport/EBII/ED 12/5
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Happy New Year. For those on the Tiger, it is passing through the Panama Canal right now.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST