F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > 4 Series (NON-LED) turn signal bulbs
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-13-2015, 09:48 PM   #1
Vegetable
Captain
Vegetable's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
599
Posts

Drives: 435i M-Sport MT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (0)

4 Series (NON-LED) turn signal bulbs

For the past 8 months I have been searching for a stealth incandescent turn signal bulb for my 4 series. I have found a ton of LEDs and currently have Weisslicht bulbs, but due to nobody knowing how to code in my area (including myself) they hyperflash. I would like to know if anyone knows of a link that will lead me to the bulb I need for the above. I have contacted a few companies, i.e. Bimmian and Phillips, but the conversation ends as soon as I tell them I have a 4 series.

thanks
__________________
435i | MG | MSport | 6MT | DHP | MPPK | BMS 10mm/15mm | 35% | BKGs
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 10:06 PM   #2
Mike_L
Tech Guy
Mike_L's Avatar
United_States
90
Rep
1,460
Posts

Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New York City

iTrader: (2)

How about BMW? I have silver bulbs in my GT.

PY24W in silver is part number 63217161306. They're out of the X6M.
__________________
2015 335i xDrive Gran Turismo M-Sport MPPK
Black Sapphire Metallic on Black Leather with Anthracite
Premium, Tech, Driver Assist, Driver Assist Plus, DHP, M Brakes, 400M

Last edited by Mike_L; 02-13-2015 at 10:14 PM.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2015, 10:52 PM   #3
Vegetable
Captain
Vegetable's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
599
Posts

Drives: 435i M-Sport MT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
How about BMW? I have silver bulbs in my GT.

PY24W in silver is part number 63217161306. They're out of the X6M.

I love you, bro.
__________________
435i | MG | MSport | 6MT | DHP | MPPK | BMS 10mm/15mm | 35% | BKGs
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 11:52 PM   #4
Mike_L
Tech Guy
Mike_L's Avatar
United_States
90
Rep
1,460
Posts

Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New York City

iTrader: (2)

Good luck changing them. Those bulbs are the absolute worst things in the world to change. Do you at least have a view of them in the 4? On the X5 I was working blind and in a very confined space and it took like an hour each to get the pins lined up.

Oh yeah, and keep in mind, they aren't chrome. They're just silver.

Solaris used to have them in chrome, but I'm not finding them anyplace.
__________________
2015 335i xDrive Gran Turismo M-Sport MPPK
Black Sapphire Metallic on Black Leather with Anthracite
Premium, Tech, Driver Assist, Driver Assist Plus, DHP, M Brakes, 400M

Last edited by Mike_L; 02-14-2015 at 12:06 AM.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 12:06 AM   #5
Vegetable
Captain
Vegetable's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
599
Posts

Drives: 435i M-Sport MT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
Good luck changing them. Those bulbs are the absolute worst things in the world to change. Do you at least have a view of them in the 4? On the X5 I was working blind and in a very confined space and it took like an hour each to get the pins lined up.

Oh yeah, and keep in mind, they aren't chrome. They're just silver.

I've experimented with about 4 different LED's. Has taken me about 5 mins changing each bulb. Def. not a problem on my 4. One of the easiest mods for our cars, save for maybe the black Kidney Grilles, which also took about 5 mins. each. I'm going to order the bulbs through Tisher, seems like a good deal.
__________________
435i | MG | MSport | 6MT | DHP | MPPK | BMS 10mm/15mm | 35% | BKGs
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 04:30 PM   #6
tboooe
Major
tboooe's Avatar
69
Rep
1,179
Posts

Drives: 428i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: The OC!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
I've experimented with about 4 different LED's. Has taken me about 5 mins changing each bulb. Def. not a problem on my 4. One of the easiest mods for our cars, save for maybe the black Kidney Grilles, which also took about 5 mins. each. I'm going to order the bulbs through Tisher, seems like a good deal.
Come down to Socal I will code for you!

So what did you do with the various LEDs you tried?
__________________
My build thread

2015 428i GC - Alpine White - M Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 08:45 PM   #7
Vegetable
Captain
Vegetable's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
599
Posts

Drives: 435i M-Sport MT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboooe View Post
Come down to Socal I will code for you!

So what did you do with the various LEDs you tried?
Ok I'm holding you to it...I have sent back all of them except for my Weisslicht Amber bulbs.
__________________
435i | MG | MSport | 6MT | DHP | MPPK | BMS 10mm/15mm | 35% | BKGs
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.




f30post
f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST