F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Which Phone with F30
TAG Motorsports
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
Bored of Audi
Private
 
Drives: F30 330D M Sport EBII
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Which Phone with F30

My F30 is still in the drawing office at BMW (expected delivery around W/C 17th of June ordered months ago) ..

The spec of my car is as follows

330d M Sport F30 in EBII, 19"Alloys, Advanced Parking Package, Visibility Package, Active Security, Media Pro, Adaptive Suspension, HUD, Speed Display Internet, H&K Sound, Enhanced BT, Folding Mirrors, Elec Fr Seats & Lumbar, Folding Rear Head Restraints, Seat Heating, Sliding Armrest, Surround View, Comfort Access

My company phone contract is up and I can choose anything.. Can anyone give me some opinions to which which phone has the best compatibility ?

In the distant past I had a IPOD docked via the audi interface and phone by high prep BT... all worked well...

I would like to listen to the IPOD (or streamed from phone), use phone and receive emails if possible etc ?

David.
__________________
David - Bored with Audi
Sold my S5 as I am board... just got my F30 330D M-sport after 6 different Audi's... Loving it !
Bored of Audi is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
NISFAN
Brigadier General
 
NISFAN's Avatar
 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (0)

Dude, in the Audi you needed phone gadgets to get through the boredom. You are piloting a BMW now (or soon will), no need for gadgets to distract the from the fact the steering wheel isn't connected to the front wheels....because it actually is on a BM.

Jokes aside, I wouldn't choose a phone to fit the car, they pretty much all BT connect, stream music (if you think that is the most convenient way, I don't). Don't be left with a phone that syncs great with the car but is crap as a phone. Just check the available options here http://www.bmw.co.uk/en/topics/owner...atibility.html
__________________
NISFAN is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
stefan4
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 320i Msport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: sheffield

Posts: 226
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Dude, in the Audi you needed phone gadgets to get through the boredom. You are piloting a BMW now (or soon will), no need for gadgets to distract the from the fact the steering wheel isn't connected to the front wheels....because it actually is on a BM.

Jokes aside, I wouldn't choose a phone to fit the car, they pretty much all BT connect, stream music (if you think that is the most convenient way, I don't). Don't be left with a phone that syncs great with the car but is crap as a phone. Just check the available options here http://www.bmw.co.uk/en/topics/owner...atibility.html
Yip, ditch Bluetooth streaming and buy a 32gb stick. This way you get controls from I drive and album art.

I've got a Samsung s3 which doesn't receive email, but does pick up texts. IPhone is the best way to guarantee connectivity and apps etc
stefan4 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
crazybones
Second Lieutenant
 
crazybones's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport Auto
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK

Posts: 227
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
Yip, ditch Bluetooth streaming and buy a 32gb stick. This way you get controls from I drive and album art.

I've got a Samsung s3 which doesn't receive email, but does pick up texts. IPhone is the best way to guarantee connectivity and apps etc
Stefan - I've got email working with my S3. It was a pain to set up, as all the configuration is completed via the BMW website.
crazybones is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
stefan4
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 320i Msport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: sheffield

Posts: 226
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybones View Post
Stefan - I've got email working with my S3. It was a pain to set up, as all the configuration is completed via the BMW website.
Oooo, do share. Ive setup the connected drive email but it doesnt popup like texts do, which I believe with the correct phone, it should
stefan4 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #6
crazybones
Second Lieutenant
 
crazybones's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport Auto
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK

Posts: 227
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
Oooo, do share. Ive setup the connected drive email but it doesnt popup like texts do, which I believe with the correct phone, it should
I used this thread (RobUK's post in particular) as guidance:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=office

Two email accounts are configured (as IMAP) in the BMW website. I can then access either inbox through Connected Drive > BMW online > email. You have to have data enabled on your S3 as it uses the phones data connection.

My Pro Nav is the newer (post November 12) system - not sure if that makes a difference.
crazybones is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #7
Bored of Audi
Private
 
Drives: F30 330D M Sport EBII
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

So in short you would recommend copying my iPod to USB drive ?

I must say I did like the RSAP bt connection on the high prep audi.. Saved battery and quality was excellent..
__________________
David - Bored with Audi
Sold my S5 as I am board... just got my F30 330D M-sport after 6 different Audi's... Loving it !
Bored of Audi is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
stefan4
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 320i Msport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: sheffield

Posts: 226
iTrader: (0)

error

I would, and have done this. No fancy cables, no IPOD rattling around in the storage compartment, quick and hassle free

Last edited by stefan4; 04-24-2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: error
stefan4 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST