F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Live Pics and Video of F32 4 Coupe Concept Premiere at BMW Design Night
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #45
Prissy
38
Brigadier General
 
Prissy's Avatar
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 3,861
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
this is so sick
Prissy is offline   Taiwan
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #46
cmk227
13
Major
 
cmk227's Avatar
 
Drives: ED on 2014 M6GC this summer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Irving, TX

Posts: 1,323
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupeman
im slightly disappointed..i was waiting for this car for so long but after discovering that its only a C-class/A5 competitor it saddens me.

i was hoping this would be more up class, starting at around 50-60k, with an m version coming in at around 70k...but being such an entry level model+having good looks, you can be sure this thing will be EVERYWHERE ...i live where you see 100 e92 coupes every 5 minutes...this will be no different

i was hoping it would create its own segment, and slot in above an A5/C350/e92, but below a 6 series. i mean the name "4 series" would suggest that, wouldnt it? However it turns out that this thing is nothing more than an entry level coupe.

some might say, "so get a 6 then" ..but i happen to like the looks of this much better and think it makes the 6 even look a bit dated. ..then some might say, "so get an m4 then" ..but bmw is such a slow company that an m4 wont be coming out until 2015/2016

so im really not sure what to do now...i was hoping this would be more upscale and create its own brand new segment but im so disappointed that it will start at such a low price. it really diminishes the exclusivity of the car ...they had such potential with this. i mean they were creating a brand new car and a brand new lineup of cars from scratch...and they slot it so low in the bmw lineup. they should have saved the 2 series for that and had the compete with the C-coupe/A5 and moved this more upscale

it will probably have a weak engine which disappoints me even further. ive been wanting a new car since early 2011 and i was holding off for this. the looks satisfy me but the engine options and low price point are bummers. im not waiting until 2015 for an M4, and the 6 series looks outdated with its old head light style, might have to look elsewhere for my next purchase now...
I bet the car fully loaded will be around $55k-$60k. I think if you want exclusivity than your being to cheap with your entry point and who the hell cares if other can afford the same car as you. If your happy than that's the only thing that matters.
__________________

08 BMW X5 3.0si Space Grey
14 Lexus GX460
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
cmk227 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #47
InTheNightKitchen
3
Ignorance is Bliss?
 
InTheNightKitchen's Avatar
 
Drives: 1 of Many
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 378
iTrader: (0)

I LOVE IT!

Why is the vid not in HD, and what's up with that cheesy ass music at the beginning
InTheNightKitchen is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #48
ap47
7
Captain
 
ap47's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 704
iTrader: (6)

Looks fantastic. I will definitely be getting one in the future.
ap47 is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #49
TK-421
47
Registered Sex Offender
 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 4,765
iTrader: (0)

Please tell me that autozone shit on the fender won't make the production model

__________________
Stop putting stuff like painted reflectors and premium package in your signature. You're embarrassing.
TK-421 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #50
positiveions
105
Lieutenant General
 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

Posts: 10,520
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Is the coffee cup inside a concept too?
positiveions is offline   Lebanon
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #51
BimmaDrew
0
Private
 
Drives: '01 325 Ci
Join Date: May 2008
Location: St. Louis area

Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Holy hell, the live pictures look even better than the official pictures and I'm in LOVE! Jeez, I hope they don't change it too much...but I better let go of that thought because we all know it will be watered down for the masses. At least the main parts that count (the overall body and lights) should remain. Maybe the M-sport parts will closely resemble the concept here...

Man, I'm excited (which I wasn't with the E92)!!!
BimmaDrew is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #52
silentassasin
13
You wont see me coming....
 
silentassasin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 535 M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 1,302
iTrader: (0)

Is that a built in cup for your coffee?!
__________________


White on Black F10 M Sport
silentassasin is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #53
US///M3
12
Major
 
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Shanghai, People's Republic of China

Posts: 1,266
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3s-a-charm View Post
Isn't it true that any car will look good with oversized wheels and lowered suspension? I wonder how well this will translate to the production model. The spy pics didn't look anywhere near as nice as the concept IMO.
E92 M3 concept...Can you tell how well it translated to the production model?
Attached Images
 
__________________
BMW R1200RT
All purpose, No pretense.

I'm back.
US///M3 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #54
uhn2000
16
Big K...
 
uhn2000's Avatar
 
Drives: FerrariFF
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 1,631
iTrader: (0)

Love the MT and all the leather! Sweet ride.
__________________
Prancing horse..
uhn2000 is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #55
e92miami
2
Second Lieutenant
 
e92miami's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 Blk/Blk
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Miami Beach

Posts: 236
iTrader: (0)

Okay here is a list of things I know will not be in the production model but I wish would:
1. Rear view mirrors
2. Door handles
3. Low riding height/wheel gap
4. Wheels
5. The silver flares in the front and rear bumpers

Thinks I hope they remove but I bet will not.
1. Pep-boys side vents
2. Wicker cup holders and seats, this I think they did just for fun, they will not offer this. Thankfully!

Once they have this car sitting 1.5 inches higher, 18" wheels, the regular mirrors, door handles and the regular boring bumpers, it will look like a A5 with cooler lights. I hope I'm wrong because I love the concept but their history is on my side.
e92miami is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #56
S-Dot
1
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Luxury
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: near Calgary

Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupeman View Post
im slightly disappointed..i was waiting for this car for so long but after discovering that its only a C-class/A5 competitor it saddens me.

i was hoping this would be more up class, starting at around 50-60k, with an m version coming in at around 70k...but being such an entry level model+having good looks, you can be sure this thing will be EVERYWHERE ...i live where you see 100 e92 coupes every 5 minutes...this will be no different

i was hoping it would create its own segment, and slot in above an A5/C350/e92, but below a 6 series. i mean the name "4 series" would suggest that, wouldnt it? However it turns out that this thing is nothing more than an entry level coupe.

some might say, "so get a 6 then" ..but i happen to like the looks of this much better and think it makes the 6 even look a bit dated. ..then some might say, "so get an m4 then" ..but bmw is such a slow company that an m4 wont be coming out until 2015/2016

so im really not sure what to do now...i was hoping this would be more upscale and create its own brand new segment but im so disappointed that it will start at such a low price. it really diminishes the exclusivity of the car ...they had such potential with this. i mean they were creating a brand new car and a brand new lineup of cars from scratch...and they slot it so low in the bmw lineup. they should have saved the 2 series for that and had the compete with the C-coupe/A5 and moved this more upscale

it will probably have a weak engine which disappoints me even further. ive been wanting a new car since early 2011 and i was holding off for this. the looks satisfy me but the engine options and low price point are bummers. im not waiting until 2015 for an M4, and the 6 series looks outdated with its old head light style, might have to look elsewhere for my next purchase now...
So you want it to be more expensive? More of a status symbol? To place you above the unwashed masses in their proletariat E92 donkey carts?

I'm not sure why you thought this 4-series would be anything other than what it is. Pretty much everyone knew that it would basically be a coupe version of the F30 series with some increased sportiness. You're surprised it's "so low in their lineup"? Surprised that it's a bit up from the 3 series but a couple steps down from the 6 series, given that it's a 4 series? It's exactly where it should be, and if it were "more upscale" as a base, they'd be shooting themselves in the left eye.

I don't know what "segment" you thought a more upscale version would "create", but I can assure you that segment already exists, regardless of which direction upscale you wish to move. Take a look at something from Porsche or Aston Martin or perhaps something with a prancing horse or a bull on the bonnet, and you may feel more comfortable. If you want more power and more "exclusivity", and don't want to wait for the M4, there's really no option for you here.
S-Dot is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #57
speedfan
11
Major
 
speedfan's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: HCM City

Posts: 1,105
iTrader: (2)

my only criticism is the fugly front bumper & side vents.
Cant freaking wait to see the M3 & M4!
__________________
My e90

Frozen Grey. Dry CF Roof. Vorsteiner Double Sided CF Boot Lid. OSS. BMW Performance Aero Kit. BMW Performance CF Diffuser Cover. BMW Performance CF Trim. Robson Design Steering Wheel. Advan RS. Michelin PSS. H&R Touring Cup Kit. BMW Performance Brakes. Eisenmann Race Rear Muffler. ESS Directflash
speedfan is offline   Vietnam
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #58
dreamspeed
10
Major
 
dreamspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,078
iTrader: (0)

Is that a 5 series or 6 series? It looks ginormous
__________________
dreamspeed is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 12:54 AM   #59
BigDadyCool
0
Finally after so much BullS#&$!
 
BigDadyCool's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: corpus chirsti texas

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to BigDadyCool
the lower front n back dont do it for me but those damn rims i love
BigDadyCool is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 12:54 AM   #60
georgere
2
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 06 325i 6MT Sport Premium
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Stamford CT

Posts: 286
iTrader: (0)

I hope they at least change the hood in the production model. IMO, it is missing aggressiveness
georgere is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 12:55 AM   #61
BigDadyCool
0
Finally after so much BullS#&$!
 
BigDadyCool's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: corpus chirsti texas

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to BigDadyCool
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Please tell me that autozone shit on the fender won't make the production model

you read my MF mind ha ha hilarious
BigDadyCool is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #62
luckistryke
3
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: Very very fast
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pleasanton, SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 311
iTrader: (0)

The front/rear low area of the bumpers looks too bizy bizy. The side vents could be more like the 1M.
__________________
luckistryke is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #63
Ka razy
2
Second Lieutenant
 
Ka razy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335I xDrive Coupe 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Heaven on Earth... Coeur d' Alene, Idaho

Posts: 225
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDadyCool
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Please tell me that autozone shit on the fender won't make the production model

you read my MF mind ha ha hilarious
Plus two.
__________________
2014 Corvette Z51 Stingray 3LT, 7 M/T
2007 BMW R1200GS Adventure
Retired- 11 BMW 335, 04 BMW Z4, 01 K1200RS, 00 R1150GS
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the Soul!
Ka razy is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #64
Tag
26
Colonel
 
Tag's Avatar
 
Drives: bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CHICAGO

Posts: 2,621
iTrader: (2)

Yuck to the gaudy front/rear bumper scoops. And look, another oversized scoop on the fender. And what's with the wicker leather interior accents? Trying too hard...
Tag is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 02:15 AM   #65
KyleBerg
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: F30 335i M-Performance
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Germany

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Can't help myself, but I don't like the front and rear bumpers.
KyleBerg is offline   Germany
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 02:57 AM   #66
doc19
2
Second Lieutenant
 
doc19's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Maryland

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92miami View Post
Okay here is a list of things I know will not be in the production model but I wish would:
1. Rear view mirrors
2. Door handles
3. Low riding height/wheel gap
4. Wheels
5. The silver flares in the front and rear bumpers

Thinks I hope they remove but I bet will not.
1. Pep-boys side vents
2. Wicker cup holders and seats, this I think they did just for fun, they will not offer this. Thankfully!

Once they have this car sitting 1.5 inches higher, 18" wheels, the regular mirrors, door handles and the regular boring bumpers, it will look like a A5 with cooler lights. I hope I'm wrong because I love the concept but their history is on my side.
I think you are absolutely right, if these pictures are any indication: www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767418

I would bet that the LEDs would be more like the f30 also.

The concept is so stunning that the production model is going to be a let down.
__________________
"This is like having a house-cat thatís a bengal tiger." - Todd Deeken, everydaydriver.com, on owning an e90 m3.
doc19 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2013 4-series, 2013 bmw 4 series, 2014 4 series, 2014 bmw 4 series, 4 series concept, 4 series coupe concept, 4 series f32, 4 series f32 forum, 4-series forum, 435i, 435i coupe, 435i forum, 435i forums, 440i, 440i coupe, 440i forum, 440i forums, bmw 3-series f32, bmw 4 series, bmw 4 series concept, bmw 4 series coupe concept, bmw 4 series forum, bmw 4-series f32, bmw 435i, bmw 435i coupe, bmw 435i forum, bmw 435i forums, bmw 440i, bmw 440i coupe, bmw 440i forum, bmw 440i forums, bmw f32, bmw f32 3-series, bmw f32 4 series, bmw f32 concept, bmw f32 concept coupe, bmw f32 coupe concept, concept bmw f32, concept f32, f32 4-series, f32 4-series forum, f32 concept, f32 forum, f32 forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST