F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Trim piece on rear bumper
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
Jonsiu
Captain
 
Jonsiu's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 328i, F30 335i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Posts: 666
iTrader: (1)

Trim piece on rear bumper

Hi everyone! I am thinking of wrapping the so-called diffuser on my F30. However as the car is still new, the mechanics at body shops aren't too familiar. So my question is, can the black trim piece that sit above the exhaust be removed so I can wrap the diffuser? Is it just adhered with 3m double-sided tape?

Jonsiu is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #2
Number
 
Number's Avatar
 
Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚

Posts: 1,151
iTrader: (1)

The strip is just adhered onto the bumper. Whether they used 3M, I'm not sure. But if you wrap the faux diffuser, be sure to wrap the trim piece too (unless it's already black). OR better yet, leave the trim piece off.

Number is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2012, 12:57 AM   #3
Jonsiu
Captain
 
Jonsiu's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 328i, F30 335i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Posts: 666
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
The strip is just adhered onto the bumper. Whether they used 3M, I'm not sure. But if you wrap the faux diffuser, be sure to wrap the trim piece too (unless it's already black). OR better yet, leave the trim piece off.

Thanks!!
Jonsiu is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
ZF30
Enlisted Member
 
ZF30's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335 sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsiu View Post
Hi everyone! I am thinking of wrapping the so-called diffuser on my F30. However as the car is still new, the mechanics at body shops aren't too familiar. So my question is, can the black trim piece that sit above the exhaust be removed so I can wrap the diffuser? Is it just adhered with 3m double-sided tape?

Did you end up removing the black trim? I plan on getting mine wrapped but not sure how easily this balck piece comes of.
ZF30 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2013, 12:29 AM   #5
Number
 
Number's Avatar
 
Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚

Posts: 1,151
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZF30 View Post
Did you end up removing the black trim? I plan on getting mine wrapped but not sure how easily this balck piece comes of.
The trim piece is actually snapped into place with a bunch of fasteners (contrary to what the REALOEM pic shows and what I thought). Someone on this forum wrapped his and showed the trim piece separated from the bumper.
Number is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #6
ZF30
Enlisted Member
 
ZF30's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335 sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
The trim piece is actually snapped into place with a bunch of fasteners (contrary to what the REALOEM pic shows and what I thought). Someone on this forum wrapped his and showed the trim piece separated from the bumper.
Thanks. I decided to try it out myself and your right. It's just snapped into place. Real easy to take off.
ZF30 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST