F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Car at dealer for 8 weeks! - because 15 minute memory for Driver's heated seat not w
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-21-2018, 08:04 PM   #1
thezarb
New Member
thezarb's Avatar
9
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Car at dealer for 8 weeks! - because 15 minute memory for Driver's heated seat not w

Hello. 2 quick things: 2013 328i X Drive (Sportline)

1. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the driver's heated seat memory. The manual on page 47 says that when a drive is resumed within approximately 15 minutes the seat will automatically activate to the last setting, but my seat doesn't do this. The passenger seat and steering wheel function correctly in that they return to the last setting if we only exited the vehicle for 15 minutes for less, but the driver's seat always turns itself off. Does anyone know of a solution to correct this small, but irritating issue?

2. Fortunately this has been covered by the warranty. My dealer has not been able to resolve the issue yet, and did provide me with a loaner vehicle. I am not angry with my dealer at all. BMW NA has offered to reimburse me the two months worth of payment for my trouble. Does that sound reasonable, or should I expect more from BMW NA?

Thanks for your input - I appreciate the help these forums have provided!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 08:33 PM   #2
F30RiK
Second Lieutenant
49
Rep
280
Posts

Drives: 13' 335 xdrive M-sport 6 Speed
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: QC, LAval

iTrader: (1)

Just press on the button lol
Appreciate 5
wrickem550.00
stormlv301.50
anotheran207.00
kern417634.50

      02-21-2018, 08:35 PM   #3
zinner
Captain
zinner's Avatar
304
Rep
691
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i Msport
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Your car has been at the dealer for 8 weeks because of that issue? They have to love you.
Appreciate 2
stormlv301.50

      02-21-2018, 08:41 PM   #4
BEAR-AvHistory
2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
388
Rep
3,122
Posts

Drives: 2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Seems strange they can't fix it but reimbursement sounds reasonable if you have had a loaner.
__________________
Kevin

2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP - 2017 CX-5 - 2016 Genesis R-Spec Coupe 6MT - 2013 135is Cab 6MT/JB4 - 2009 V-Star - 2009 Expedition 4X4 - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra MK-IV 5MT BUILD LOG
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 08:55 PM   #5
435MSport6Speed
Lieutenant
435MSport6Speed's Avatar
214
Rep
578
Posts

Drives: 435i M Sport 6 Speed
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mass

iTrader: (0)

8 weeks for this? I'm speechless. Did BMW confirm the expected functioning?
Appreciate 1
stormlv301.50

      02-21-2018, 09:33 PM   #6
vooonoo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
vooonoo's Avatar
262
Rep
615
Posts

Drives: f30 328
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: nj

iTrader: (0)

I mean at that point i'd just say fuck it, get them to pay the price of the feature
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 09:43 PM   #7
IK6SPEED
Brigadier General
IK6SPEED's Avatar
United_States
1384
Rep
4,904
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 / AH3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezarb View Post
Hello. 2 quick things: 2013 328i X Drive (Sportline)

1. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the driver's heated seat memory. The manual on page 47 says that when a drive is resumed within approximately 15 minutes the seat will automatically activate to the last setting, but my seat doesn't do this. The passenger seat and steering wheel function correctly in that they return to the last setting if we only exited the vehicle for 15 minutes for less, but the driver's seat always turns itself off. Does anyone know of a solution to correct this small, but irritating issue?

2. Fortunately this has been covered by the warranty. My dealer has not been able to resolve the issue yet, and did provide me with a loaner vehicle. I am not angry with my dealer at all. BMW NA has offered to reimburse me the two months worth of payment for my trouble. Does that sound reasonable, or should I expect more from BMW NA?

Thanks for your input - I appreciate the help these forums have provided!
I have to assume, but let me ask.

1) Have they flashed your car/dme to the lastest firmware?

2) not related, but as it’s a 2013 vehicle, is this CPO or BMW Platinum Warranty?

3) Somewhat related...it’s 2013 Car....assume you purchased and didn’t lease to still have Payments. What was the monthly payment price?
__________________
Stable: F80 / AH3
Past: F80 ZCP / F30 330i / F22 M235i / E89 35is

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 02-21-2018 at 11:25 PM.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2018, 12:21 AM   #8
thezarb
New Member
thezarb's Avatar
9
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thezarb View Post
Hello. 2 quick things: 2013 328i X Drive (Sportline)

1. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the driver's heated seat memory. The manual on page 47 says that when a drive is resumed within approximately 15 minutes the seat will automatically activate to the last setting, but my seat doesn't do this. The passenger seat and steering wheel function correctly in that they return to the last setting if we only exited the vehicle for 15 minutes for less, but the driver's seat always turns itself off. Does anyone know of a solution to correct this small, but irritating issue?

2. Fortunately this has been covered by the warranty. My dealer has not been able to resolve the issue yet, and did provide me with a loaner vehicle. I am not angry with my dealer at all. BMW NA has offered to reimburse me the two months worth of payment for my trouble. Does that sound reasonable, or should I expect more from BMW NA?

Thanks for your input - I appreciate the help these forums have provided!
I have to assume, but let me ask.

1) Have they flashed your car/dme to the lastest firmware?

2) not related, but as it’s a 2013 vehicle, is this CPO or BMW Platinum Warranty?

3) Somewhat related...it’s 2013 Car....assume you purchased and didn’t lease to still have Payments. What was the monthly payment price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thezarb View Post
Hello. 2 quick things: 2013 328i X Drive (Sportline)

1. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the driver's heated seat memory. The manual on page 47 says that when a drive is resumed within approximately 15 minutes the seat will automatically activate to the last setting, but my seat doesn't do this. The passenger seat and steering wheel function correctly in that they return to the last setting if we only exited the vehicle for 15 minutes for less, but the driver's seat always turns itself off. Does anyone know of a solution to correct this small, but irritating issue?

2. Fortunately this has been covered by the warranty. My dealer has not been able to resolve the issue yet, and did provide me with a loaner vehicle. I am not angry with my dealer at all. BMW NA has offered to reimburse me the two months worth of payment for my trouble. Does that sound reasonable, or should I expect more from BMW NA?

Thanks for your input - I appreciate the help these forums have provided!
I have to assume, but let me ask.

1) Have they flashed your car/dme to the lastest firmware?

2) not related, but as it’s a 2013 vehicle, is this CPO or BMW Platinum Warranty?

3) Somewhat related...it’s 2013 Car....assume you purchased and didn’t lease to still have Payments. What was the monthly payment price?
Thanks for the reply -

Yes, they've refreshed the firmware, software, and changed a number of modules a couple times. It squeaked in under full warranty because it had an in service date of 12/2. It is also CPO'd. The service was started before the warranty expired, so they're still taking care of it for me. They actually offered $750 which is slightly more than my two months worth. - Again, I don't really have any complaints. I am wondering if anyone in the real world has solved this mystery..... - Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 12:26 AM   #9
IK6SPEED
Brigadier General
IK6SPEED's Avatar
United_States
1384
Rep
4,904
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 / AH3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezarb View Post
Thanks for the reply -

Yes, they've refreshed the firmware, software, and changed a number of modules a couple times. It squeaked in under full warranty because it had an in service date of 12/2. It is also CPO'd. The service was started before the warranty expired, so they're still taking care of it for me. They actually offered $750 which is slightly more than my two months worth. - Again, I don't really have any complaints. I am wondering if anyone in the real world has solved this mystery..... - Thanks again
If they have flashed it multiple times with no change, then I would venture to guess this doesn’t work for anyone.

You were just the only one who bothered to and actually notice it not working as expected.
__________________
Stable: F80 / AH3
Past: F80 ZCP / F30 330i / F22 M235i / E89 35is
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 07:10 AM   #10
bri1042
Captain
bri1042's Avatar
287
Rep
903
Posts

Drives: 2016 340ix with stuff
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
If they have flashed it multiple times with no change, then I would venture to guess this doesn’t work for anyone.

You were just the only one who bothered to and actually notice it not working as expected.
My '13 328i worked as advertised in this regard and my '16 340 does as well. His car really is supposed to work that way.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED1383.50

      02-22-2018, 08:56 AM   #11
wrickem
evilly amused
wrickem's Avatar
550
Rep
2,731
Posts

Drives: what he wants to
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: lambertville nj

iTrader: (0)

When your battery gets near the end of its life, it stops holding this setting to conserve power. How old/good is your battery? I would hope they checked that out first.

8 weeks though! I'd just press the button.
__________________
______________________________________________
'16 435 x-drive coupe, '14 528x-drive, '07 M6 (I am a sequential BMW hoarder) '17 Jeep Wrangler, '07 Carrera S
Appreciate 1
stormlv301.50

      02-22-2018, 09:21 AM   #12
IK6SPEED
Brigadier General
IK6SPEED's Avatar
United_States
1384
Rep
4,904
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 / AH3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
When your battery gets near the end of its life, it stops holding this setting to conserve power. How old/good is your battery? I would hope they checked that out first.

8 weeks though! I'd just press the button.
That doesn’t explain why passenger seat works as advertised.
__________________
Stable: F80 / AH3
Past: F80 ZCP / F30 330i / F22 M235i / E89 35is
Appreciate 1
jeffc83661.50

      02-22-2018, 11:18 AM   #13
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
Calvin36's Avatar
United_States
863
Rep
1,648
Posts

Drives: F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: May 2017
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
When your battery gets near the end of its life, it stops holding this setting to conserve power. How old/good is your battery? I would hope they checked that out first.

8 weeks though! I'd just press the button.
That doesn’t explain why passenger seat works as advertised.
Maybe there's a separate module for each side and the driver side might be out?
__________________
Mine: BSM F30 335i M Sport
Hers: AW F30 328i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 11:19 AM   #14
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
662
Rep
1,564
Posts

Drives: 2015 328i XDrive Luxury Line
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Philly Burbs, PA

iTrader: (0)

Mind blown with this thread/issue! Holy hell!

For the record, the feature works well in my car on both sides not that you wanted to hear that...
__________________
Originally Posted by jmg

That seat was meant to be used, are you going to deny it's purpose in life?
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2018, 11:20 AM   #15
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
Calvin36's Avatar
United_States
863
Rep
1,648
Posts

Drives: F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: May 2017
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thezarb View Post
Thanks for the reply -

Yes, they've refreshed the firmware, software, and changed a number of modules a couple times. It squeaked in under full warranty because it had an in service date of 12/2. It is also CPO'd. The service was started before the warranty expired, so they're still taking care of it for me. They actually offered $750 which is slightly more than my two months worth. - Again, I don't really have any complaints. I am wondering if anyone in the real world has solved this mystery..... - Thanks again
If they have flashed it multiple times with no change, then I would venture to guess this doesn’t work for anyone.

You were just the only one who bothered to and actually notice it not working as expected.
I was pretty much thinking the same thing. Didn't bother with the heated seats section of the manual and didn't know this was a feature. Ya learn something new everyday!
__________________
Mine: BSM F30 335i M Sport
Hers: AW F30 328i M Sport
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED1383.50

      02-22-2018, 11:22 AM   #16
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
662
Rep
1,564
Posts

Drives: 2015 328i XDrive Luxury Line
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Philly Burbs, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin36 View Post
Maybe there's a separate module for each side and the driver side might be out?
Plus the question is where is this info stored? Combox?
__________________
Originally Posted by jmg

That seat was meant to be used, are you going to deny it's purpose in life?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 11:23 AM   #17
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
662
Rep
1,564
Posts

Drives: 2015 328i XDrive Luxury Line
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Philly Burbs, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
If they have flashed it multiple times with no change, then I would venture to guess this doesn’t work for anyone.

You were just the only one who bothered to and actually notice it not working as expected.
I did not read the manual and was well aware of this feature since day one
__________________
Originally Posted by jmg

That seat was meant to be used, are you going to deny it's purpose in life?
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED1383.50

      02-22-2018, 12:53 PM   #18
Slickz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
88
Rep
222
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i xDrive 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

if they are giving you a free car to drive and reimbursing you for your monthly payment then seems like a win cause less mileage on your car also?
__________________
2011 X5 xDrive 50i - retired
2016 340i xDrive
Appreciate 1
jeffc83661.50

      02-22-2018, 01:09 PM   #19
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
662
Rep
1,564
Posts

Drives: 2015 328i XDrive Luxury Line
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Philly Burbs, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickz View Post
if they are giving you a free car to drive and reimbursing you for your monthly payment then seems like a win cause less mileage on your car also?
I'd look at this is a free bonus! Although I used to bitch about my XTS always being in the shop, I friggin loved every minute as I was always driving something better!
__________________
Originally Posted by jmg

That seat was meant to be used, are you going to deny it's purpose in life?
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2018, 01:40 PM   #20
BEAR-AvHistory
2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
388
Rep
3,122
Posts

Drives: 2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Yeah, I discovered it by accident. Never knew it was a feature.
__________________
Kevin

2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP - 2017 CX-5 - 2016 Genesis R-Spec Coupe 6MT - 2013 135is Cab 6MT/JB4 - 2009 V-Star - 2009 Expedition 4X4 - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra MK-IV 5MT BUILD LOG
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2018, 01:57 PM   #21
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
662
Rep
1,564
Posts

Drives: 2015 328i XDrive Luxury Line
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Philly Burbs, PA

iTrader: (0)

I'll admit, I poke around a lot with electronics so this just came naturally to me. I'm one of those anal SOBs that somehow knows how to change max speed (appearance) on the speedo when in ECO PRO on 6WB. (digital cluster) Who cares? LOL, I do! I actually like seeing it max out at 80mph during my exciting low speed commutes....feels like old times once again haha It's the little features that go a long way and when they don't work like the OP's, it's annoying even if it's just a press of a button!
__________________
Originally Posted by jmg

That seat was meant to be used, are you going to deny it's purpose in life?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 03:10 PM   #22
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
Calvin36's Avatar
United_States
863
Rep
1,648
Posts

Drives: F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: May 2017
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
I'll admit, I poke around a lot with electronics so this just came naturally to me. I'm one of those anal SOBs that somehow knows how to change max speed (appearance) on the speedo when in ECO PRO on 6WB. (digital cluster) Who cares? LOL, I do! I actually like seeing it max out at 80mph during my exciting low speed commutes....feels like old times once again haha It's the little features that go a long way and when they don't work like the OP's, it's annoying even if it's just a press of a button!
Lolol I'm imagining my speedo flying up to top speed while at slow stop and go traffic.
__________________
Mine: BSM F30 335i M Sport
Hers: AW F30 328i M Sport
Appreciate 1
jeffc83661.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:52 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST