F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Anyone on Serenity Ace?
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #23
Dinh335
Captain
 
Drives: 2004 RX8/2013 335 MSPORT 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arlington VA

Posts: 663
iTrader: (0)

hmm, no clue about the boat switching....it does seem fast turnover though if it just got to port the 16th, then left the 17th.

my CA emailed me today saying it'll be at the VPC 1/28. didn't tell me what port that was, maybe baltimore.

awaiting to hear back...
__________________
2013 335i Mineral Grey MSPORT 6MT/*M PERF POWER KIT* first on the forum!/
PREM/DAKOTA BLACK LEATHER/BURL/TECH/HEATED SEATS
Dinh335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #24
TheDuke83
Gator
 
TheDuke83's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 140
iTrader: (1)

Somewhere in the NE would make sense for that date if the vessel is expected on the 31st in GA as my CA said.
TheDuke83 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #25
TheDuke83
Gator
 
TheDuke83's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 140
iTrader: (1)

Any update on our wonderful ship?
TheDuke83 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #26
Dinh335
Captain
 
Drives: 2004 RX8/2013 335 MSPORT 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arlington VA

Posts: 663
iTrader: (0)

My CA said its due at VPC 1/28, and also said Georgia for VPC...

other than that i gots no new info.

He said he was thinking i'd have my car by Feb 3rd or 4th.
__________________
2013 335i Mineral Grey MSPORT 6MT/*M PERF POWER KIT* first on the forum!/
PREM/DAKOTA BLACK LEATHER/BURL/TECH/HEATED SEATS
Dinh335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #27
TheDuke83
Gator
 
TheDuke83's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 140
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh335 View Post
My CA said its due at VPC 1/28, and also said Georgia for VPC...

other than that i gots no new info.

He said he was thinking i'd have my car by Feb 3rd or 4th.
That's awesome. Should put me around the 2nd or 3rd week of February then. I just listed my car on autotrader. May be cutting it close but I'm leasing this time so will wait past delivery if necessary. Can't stand the trade-in deals.
TheDuke83 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #28
cfm56d7b
Private
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

I checked Serenity Ace vessel position on 1/23.

According to MarineTraffic.com, Serenity Ace' next destination is Tema (Ghana) due to arrive on 2/3

My CA provided another update on 1/20 showing the vehicle is due in Port Hueneme on 2/13. From Tema, Ghana to US-West Coast in 10 days?

I am now wondering if my vehicle has been offloaded somewhere in Europe where Serenity made several stops, including Bremerhaven.
cfm56d7b is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #29
Dinh335
Captain
 
Drives: 2004 RX8/2013 335 MSPORT 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arlington VA

Posts: 663
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
I checked Serenity Ace vessel position on 1/23.

According to MarineTraffic.com, Serenity Ace' next destination is Tema (Ghana) due to arrive on 2/3

My CA provided another update on 1/20 showing the vehicle is due in Port Hueneme on 2/13. From Tema, Ghana to US-West Coast in 10 days?

I am now wondering if my vehicle has been offloaded somewhere in Europe where Serenity made several stops, including Bremerhaven.
i sort of think this is what happened. I've heard a lot of the SA vehicles are offloaded in Bremerhaven. my CA didn't say what 'new' boat im on but seemed very confident about VPC @ GA on 1/28.
__________________
2013 335i Mineral Grey MSPORT 6MT/*M PERF POWER KIT* first on the forum!/
PREM/DAKOTA BLACK LEATHER/BURL/TECH/HEATED SEATS
Dinh335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #30
dzaborn
Private
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i F30
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Posts: 89
iTrader: (0)

Yeah, the Serenity has been all over the place since it left Bremerhaven. I think it's logical to conclude the US bound cars were offloaded and will be transported on another ship. Now the question is, are we already on that ship and where is it?
__________________
2013 BMW 328i Sedan | Mojave Metallic Modern Line
Premium | Technology | Lighting | Rear View Camera | PDC | Harman Kardon | Heated Front Seats | 8AT
dzaborn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #31
Dinh335
Captain
 
Drives: 2004 RX8/2013 335 MSPORT 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arlington VA

Posts: 663
iTrader: (0)

well friends, i guess it's about to get interesting!

I don't expect my car for another 7-10 days though it should be hitting Brunswick tmrw.

good luck on all your deliveries, be interested (at least for those on the east) to see who ends up with their car first and to see them on the west coast too and all our cars when they arrive.
__________________
2013 335i Mineral Grey MSPORT 6MT/*M PERF POWER KIT* first on the forum!/
PREM/DAKOTA BLACK LEATHER/BURL/TECH/HEATED SEATS
Dinh335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #32
TheDuke83
Gator
 
TheDuke83's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 140
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh335 View Post
well friends, i guess it's about to get interesting!

I don't expect my car for another 7-10 days though it should be hitting Brunswick tmrw.

good luck on all your deliveries, be interested (at least for those on the east) to see who ends up with their car first and to see them on the west coast too and all our cars when they arrive.
Brunswick tomorrow?
TheDuke83 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #33
Dinh335
Captain
 
Drives: 2004 RX8/2013 335 MSPORT 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arlington VA

Posts: 663
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke83 View Post
Brunswick tomorrow?
according to my CA yeah...
ill wait till he emails me this week but he seems confident.
__________________
2013 335i Mineral Grey MSPORT 6MT/*M PERF POWER KIT* first on the forum!/
PREM/DAKOTA BLACK LEATHER/BURL/TECH/HEATED SEATS
Dinh335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #34
TheDuke83
Gator
 
TheDuke83's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 140
iTrader: (1)

Interesting. I thought it was going to be the 31st. Good news though. Thanks for the head's up.
TheDuke83 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #35
Dinh335
Captain
 
Drives: 2004 RX8/2013 335 MSPORT 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arlington VA

Posts: 663
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke83 View Post
Interesting. I thought it was going to be the 31st. Good news though. Thanks for the head's up.
Here's the latest info I got from my CA today. He's saying status changed, and its now showing 2/4 to arrive in Baltimore for my car at least. Below is the info he sent me... i can't figure out if my car is still on serenity or not, or was offloaded in Bremerhaven.



Shipping Info.:
CA0007
MITSUI O.S.K. LINES
Vessel:
Voyage No.:
Bill Of Lading No.:
Xref No.:
SERENITY ACE
35A
691468063
13747-01
Est. Departure:
Est. Duration:
12/22/12
44
Actual:
Actual:
12/22/12


Port of Arrival:
PO MD
PORT BALTIMORE MD
Est. Arrival:
Est. Departure:
2/4/13
Actual:
Actual:
__________________
2013 335i Mineral Grey MSPORT 6MT/*M PERF POWER KIT* first on the forum!/
PREM/DAKOTA BLACK LEATHER/BURL/TECH/HEATED SEATS
Dinh335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #36
cfm56d7b
Private
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

As of 01/28/13, Serenity Ace is off the coast of Mauritania (Africa) and still heading south to Ghana.

My SA built 2013 335i xDrive sedan was on the same Serenity Ace voyage 35A - loaded on board 12/22/12.

The last update from my CA still shows 'Serenity Ace' but the arrival date has been delayed until 2/22/13. At least your CA update and my CA update are consistent - showing the same vessel.

Since my vehicle is heading to US-West Coast and your vehicle is heading to US-East Coast, it's just highly improbable for our vehicles to be on Serenity Ace.

It's puzzling why a new vessel name is not provided for vehicles transferred from one vessel to another.
cfm56d7b is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #37
Dinh335
Captain
 
Drives: 2004 RX8/2013 335 MSPORT 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arlington VA

Posts: 663
iTrader: (0)

Yeah, i highly doubt its on the Serenity anymore...i wonder if there is a way to track it with voyage number and bill of landing?

I know its Mistu line, and have the voyage, port of dest, and bill of landing..
__________________
2013 335i Mineral Grey MSPORT 6MT/*M PERF POWER KIT* first on the forum!/
PREM/DAKOTA BLACK LEATHER/BURL/TECH/HEATED SEATS
Dinh335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #38
TheDuke83
Gator
 
TheDuke83's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 140
iTrader: (1)

Any one gotten any new news?
TheDuke83 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #39
dzaborn
Private
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i F30
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Posts: 89
iTrader: (0)

My CA said according to the system, my car will arrive at the final processing center on February 6th. I don't know where that final processing center is though.

It is my understanding that all cars are processed through a VPC. What I don't know is how many and where the VPC's are on the East coast? I've seen a map that the boats from Bremerhaven make about 5 stops (Halifax, NJ/NY, Baltimore, Charleston, Brunswick). That would lead me to believe there is a VPC at/near each port, but I also thought I read somewhere that there were only 2 VPC's on the East coast (which would not make sense to me). I assume my car will get off the ship in Brunswick for the trip to Jacksonville.

Can anyone clarify about the port stops and VPC locations on the East coast?
__________________
2013 BMW 328i Sedan | Mojave Metallic Modern Line
Premium | Technology | Lighting | Rear View Camera | PDC | Harman Kardon | Heated Front Seats | 8AT
dzaborn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #40
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 561
iTrader: (0)

Every port the ship stops at has a VPC, so no your car will not be offloaded then driven somewhere else for processing. Your nearest port is where your car will be processed and then trucked to your dealer.
Tsuyoi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #41
Dinh335
Captain
 
Drives: 2004 RX8/2013 335 MSPORT 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arlington VA

Posts: 663
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzaborn View Post
My CA said according to the system, my car will arrive at the final processing center on February 6th. I don't know where that final processing center is though.

It is my understanding that all cars are processed through a VPC. What I don't know is how many and where the VPC's are on the East coast? I've seen a map that the boats from Bremerhaven make about 5 stops (Halifax, NJ/NY, Baltimore, Charleston, Brunswick). That would lead me to believe there is a VPC at/near each port, but I also thought I read somewhere that there were only 2 VPC's on the East coast (which would not make sense to me). I assume my car will get off the ship in Brunswick for the trip to Jacksonville.

Can anyone clarify about the port stops and VPC locations on the East coast?
MY CA told me my car hits Baltimore 2/4...so if yours said 2/6 seems consistent if it hits multiple ports
__________________
2013 335i Mineral Grey MSPORT 6MT/*M PERF POWER KIT* first on the forum!/
PREM/DAKOTA BLACK LEATHER/BURL/TECH/HEATED SEATS
Dinh335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #42
TheDuke83
Gator
 
TheDuke83's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 140
iTrader: (1)

Just sold my car today. Hope the car gets here soon.
TheDuke83 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #43
dzaborn
Private
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i F30
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Posts: 89
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke83 View Post
Just sold my car today. Hope the car gets here soon.
Haha, so did I. Congrats. I am carless now. My CA says it usually takes a week to get from VPC to dealership so I am looking at Wed. Feb. 13th for delivery. Now I have to figure out what to do for transportation until then.

I expected the selling process to be a headache, but it turned out to be pretty painless. I posted on Craigslist, had a showing Tues, and then a second this morning and sold the car. I then had to cancel two others I had scheduled for later in the day... one was driving in from Savanah to check it out. I sold it for only $200 less than what I was asking and end up making $1600 over what I was offerred for trade. I guess that is pretty good.

How did you sell yours TheDuke83?
__________________
2013 BMW 328i Sedan | Mojave Metallic Modern Line
Premium | Technology | Lighting | Rear View Camera | PDC | Harman Kardon | Heated Front Seats | 8AT

Last edited by dzaborn; 02-02-2013 at 10:16 PM.
dzaborn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #44
TheDuke83
Gator
 
TheDuke83's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 140
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzaborn View Post
Haha, so did I. Congrats. I am carless now. My CA says it usually takes a week to get from VPC to dealership so I am looking at Wed. Feb. 13th for delivery. Now I have to figure out what to do for transportation until then.

I expected the selling process to be a headache, but it turned out to be pretty painless. I posted on Craigslist, had a showing Tues, and then a second this morning and sold the car. I then had to cancel two others I had scheduled for later in the day... one was driving in from Savanah to check it out. I sold it for only $200 less than what I was asking and end up making $1600 over what I was offerred for trade. I guess that is pretty good.

How did you sell yours TheDuke83?
Congrats to you as well. Definitely a bittersweet feeling as I loved that car.

I had listed on Autotrader and Craigslist. Person who bought used Autotrader and actually bought a one way ticket from Colorado to Atlanta and is driving the car back. Everything came together in about 24 hours which was pretty crazy but somehow went smooth.

I am probably going to rent a car for a few days, however, I'd suggest (if you haven't already) you ask your dealer about putting you in a loaner as mine offered to (although they said not for 2 weeks, but I would expect to be in one by the end of the week). Thinking about renting a Kia Rio in the meantime to make my car that much more amazing.
TheDuke83 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST