F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > first time ordering...need some advice
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
pallymore
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 314
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
first time ordering...need some advice

Hello guys,

after over 6 months of researching...i finally decided to get a 2013 335xi sedan... here's my configuration:
2013 335i with xDrive Sedan:
M Sports Line
Alpine white (i know...i know...)
black leather seats
cold weather pkg
driver assistance pkg
dynamic handling pkg
tech pkg
hk audio
paddle shifters
m performance parts - black grilles & stripes.

Total MSRP: 59020 + performance parts ($130 + $250)

I've been talking to a few dealers in this area...the best offer I got so far is 59800 OTD, but they said they don't have allocation for this car until maybe sometime in April. The other guy gave me $60k and he said he got allocation right now. I thought $60k is acceptable, but before I was about to pull the trigger, he came back to me and said that his "boss" says they cannot sell this configuration for less than $62k. I thought it's bulls*** and rejected them. :/
So...what's the price range I can expect for this configuration? And this is my first time buying a new car, any other advice?
(Fees from the dealers: around $300 including documents, registration, etc)
tax rate: 6.5%

Thanks!
pallymore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
micosilver
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 35d
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

You already know the price range. XDrive allocations are scarce, and I would imagine even harder to get in a snow state. Now it is just a question of what are you willing to pay. The manager at the dealership probably checked available allocation for other dealers, saw that they hold one of very few spots, and he expects to make some profit on it, there is nothing wrong with that. It would be wrong if they changed the price after you ordered it...
micosilver is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
marseille82
Second Lieutenant
 
marseille82's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i / E60 535i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boogie down Bronx

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallymore View Post
Hello guys,

after over 6 months of researching...i finally decided to get a 2013 335xi sedan... here's my configuration:
2013 335i with xDrive Sedan:
M Sports Line
Alpine white (i know...i know...)
black leather seats
cold weather pkg
driver assistance pkg
dynamic handling pkg
tech pkg
hk audio
paddle shifters
m performance parts - black grilles & stripes.

Total MSRP: 59020 + performance parts ($130 + $250)

I've been talking to a few dealers in this area...the best offer I got so far is 59800 OTD, but they said they don't have allocation for this car until maybe sometime in April. The other guy gave me $60k and he said he got allocation right now. I thought $60k is acceptable, but before I was about to pull the trigger, he came back to me and said that his "boss" says they cannot sell this configuration for less than $62k. I thought it's bulls*** and rejected them. :/
So...what's the price range I can expect for this configuration? And this is my first time buying a new car, any other advice?
(Fees from the dealers: around $300 including documents, registration, etc)
tax rate: 6.5%

Thanks!
Do yourself a favor and call Adrian Avilla from BMW of South Atlanta. Cinci dealers are all nuts with their prices. I live in NYC but my cars are registered in Ohio (Hamilton), so I tried them too but they were way too expensive. Got my car from ATL and the drive back was only 5 hours.
marseille82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
pallymore
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 314
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marseille82 View Post
Do yourself a favor and call Adrian Avilla from BMW of South Atlanta. Cinci dealers are all nuts with their prices. I live in NYC but my cars are registered in Ohio (Hamilton), so I tried them too but they were way too expensive. Got my car from ATL and the drive back was only 5 hours.
thanks...I was about to call some dealers in chicago. lol
pallymore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
pallymore
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 314
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by micosilver View Post
You already know the price range. XDrive allocations are scarce, and I would imagine even harder to get in a snow state. Now it is just a question of what are you willing to pay. The manager at the dealership probably checked available allocation for other dealers, saw that they hold one of very few spots, and he expects to make some profit on it, there is nothing wrong with that. It would be wrong if they changed the price after you ordered it...
that's what i figured too. :/
I prefer waiting for a few more months to paying them 2 grand extra.
pallymore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
pallymore
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 314
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marseille82 View Post
Do yourself a favor and call Adrian Avilla from BMW of South Atlanta. Cinci dealers are all nuts with their prices. I live in NYC but my cars are registered in Ohio (Hamilton), so I tried them too but they were way too expensive. Got my car from ATL and the drive back was only 5 hours.
So how does the 4-year-free-maintenance work? Can you just do the maintenance at any dealership after you got the car?
pallymore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #7
marseille82
Second Lieutenant
 
marseille82's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i / E60 535i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boogie down Bronx

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallymore View Post
So how does the 4-year-free-maintenance work? Can you just do the maintenance at any dealership after you got the car?
The 4 year maintenance plan is valid nation wide. Doesn't matter where you bought the car from. However Some dealership might not give you a loaner when you need one if you didn't buy the car from them. But I never had any issue like that.
marseille82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #8
marseille82
Second Lieutenant
 
marseille82's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i / E60 535i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boogie down Bronx

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallymore View Post
thanks...I was about to call some dealers in chicago. lol
If you rather go to Chicago, contact Irv Robinson from BMW Motorwerks. Never dealt with him, but heard only good things.
marseille82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
pallymore
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 314
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marseille82 View Post
If you rather go to Chicago, contact Irv Robinson from BMW Motorwerks. Never dealt with him, but heard only good things.
OK. I will try that. Thanks!
pallymore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
pallymore
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 314
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
update: another dealer called, he's willing to do $59500 OTD, and he promises he will get the allocation for 335xi late next month...

hm...
pallymore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #11
marseille82
Second Lieutenant
 
marseille82's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i / E60 535i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boogie down Bronx

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallymore View Post
update: another dealer called, he's willing to do $59500 OTD, and he promises he will get the allocation for 335xi late next month...

hm...
I would not advise u to negotiate from MSRP. Go on bmwconfig.com, build the car with the options and packages you want. It will give you an invoice price when you done. Use that price as a starting point. Let's say offer around $600 over invoice and go from there. Plus educate yourself about all the incentives that are currently available.

I ran quick number with the info you've provided and I got your invoice price at around $53,700.

Are you leasing or buying??
marseille82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
pallymore
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 314
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marseille82 View Post
I would not advise u to negotiate from MSRP. Go on bmwconfig.com, build the car with the options and packages you want. It will give you an invoice price when you done. Use that price as a starting point. Let's say offer around $600 over invoice and go from there. Plus educate yourself about all the incentives that are currently available.

I ran quick number with the info you've provided and I got your invoice price at around $53,700.

Are you leasing or buying??
Thanks...it seems there's no incentives available for me...

I'm buying. (paying cash)

I've run the numbers on edmunds, kbb, and bmwconfig for about a million times now...
The invoice price I got from bmwconfig is $54450(doesn't include the two M Performance parts). My start point was $55000, which is about $59300 OTD(including taxes, fees, everything). That's why I'm thinking $59500 OTD may not be a bad deal... (about $700-$800 over invoice price)
pallymore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #13
pallymore
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 314
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marseille82 View Post
I would not advise u to negotiate from MSRP. Go on bmwconfig.com, build the car with the options and packages you want. It will give you an invoice price when you done. Use that price as a starting point. Let's say offer around $600 over invoice and go from there. Plus educate yourself about all the incentives that are currently available.

I ran quick number with the info you've provided and I got your invoice price at around $53,700.

Are you leasing or buying??
oh by the way...the first dealer said his invoice price is $54790. :/
pallymore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #14
marseille82
Second Lieutenant
 
marseille82's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i / E60 535i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boogie down Bronx

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallymore View Post
Thanks...it seems there's no incentives available for me...

I'm buying. (paying cash)

I've run the numbers on edmunds, kbb, and bmwconfig for about a million times now...
The invoice price I got from bmwconfig is $54450(doesn't include the two M Performance parts). My start point was $55000, which is about $59300 OTD(including taxes, fees, everything). That's why I'm thinking $59500 OTD may not be a bad deal... (about $700-$800 over invoice price)
Agree, I didn't know you had included taxes and fees in your price. It's pretty good then.

You will love this car. Are you going for 19" or 18" wheels?
marseille82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #15
pallymore
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 314
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marseille82 View Post
Agree, I didn't know you had included taxes and fees in your price. It's pretty good then.

You will love this car. Are you going for 19" or 18" wheels?
18" for now
i'm not too crazy about big wheels :/
pallymore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #16
marseille82
Second Lieutenant
 
marseille82's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i / E60 535i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boogie down Bronx

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallymore View Post
18" for now
i'm not too crazy about big wheels :/
I hear you. I feel the 19" to be a little harsh for NYC streets. But Cinci roads are much better. Anyway you can't go wrong with either IMO.
marseille82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #17
pallymore
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 314
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marseille82 View Post
I hear you. I feel the 19" to be a little harsh for NYC streets. But Cinci roads are much better. Anyway you can't go wrong with either IMO.
hm...by the way, I was just thinking...instead of emptying my bank account, probably it's a good idea to finance part of it. I've never tried auto loans before, not sure how it works.
I was reading about the BMW Financing services...if I decide to finance part of the price, do I just apply for it on bmwusa directly? should I do it before or after placing the order?
pallymore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #18
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 561
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallymore View Post
hm...by the way, I was just thinking...instead of emptying my bank account, probably it's a good idea to finance part of it. I've never tried auto loans before, not sure how it works.
I was reading about the BMW Financing services...if I decide to finance part of the price, do I just apply for it on bmwusa directly? should I do it before or after placing the order?
Any major bank offers financing for autos. You go about it much the same as a normal loan or mortgage: walk in, talk to a rep, they'll check your credit etc, give you some options of terms and such, sign paperwork, and then they'll issue a check for the loan which you can take to the dealer.

Typically you can either get fixed rate (which is usually slightly higher than current market rate, but guaranteed not to change for the duration of the loan) or variable (at current market rate and will change with market rate), and choose from anything from a 24 month loan to a 60 month loan.

If you decide to finance through BMW, your dealer will walk you through the whole process (no need to go online first yourself). You may also be able to take advantage of any incentives BMWNA offers for their financing at that time.
Tsuyoi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #19
pallymore
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 314
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
Any major bank offers financing for autos. You go about it much the same as a normal loan or mortgage: walk in, talk to a rep, they'll check your credit etc, give you some options of terms and such, sign paperwork, and then they'll issue a check for the loan which you can take to the dealer.

Typically you can either get fixed rate (which is usually slightly higher than current market rate, but guaranteed not to change for the duration of the loan) or variable (at current market rate and will change with market rate), and choose from anything from a 24 month loan to a 60 month loan.

If you decide to finance through BMW, your dealer will walk you through the whole process (no need to go online first yourself). You may also be able to take advantage of any incentives BMWNA offers for their financing at that time.
Thank you.
pallymore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #20
ianturner
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DE

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

my local dealership basically has the car in stock that you want i think.....would you come to DE to pick it up? sent you a pm
ianturner is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #21
pallymore
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 314
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I JUST PLACED THE ORDER!!

Can't wait to get my first BMW! XD
pallymore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 05:15 AM   #22
m1kal
Private
 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Diamond Bar, CA

Posts: 83
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallymore View Post
I JUST PLACED THE ORDER!!

Can't wait to get my first BMW! XD
Congrats
__________________
2013 F30 335i Alpine White M Sport
m1kal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST