F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > What to look for when buying a 2014 F32 428i?
Extreme Power House

08-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #1
1337i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i xDrive

What to look for when buying a 2014 F32 428i?

Deleted

Last edited by 1337i; 08-19-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 02:35 PM   #2
vel23
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

I was just going through this same process with the same questions. I'm not sure about the timing chain, you should be able to ask them at the dealer. But any accident that was damaging other than cosmetic that could be fixed at a body shop without a potential CarFax hit would most likely show up on the CarFax. Also, BMW CPOs have to be very clean in terms of damage. Some will show up with minor accidents, but nothing that should result in long term issues. When I was looking, I made sure to avoid ones with accidents reported on the CarFax, but everything else was in working order.

As for the paint, that's another you need to determine in person. My wife's X3 has a minor scratch that was poorly fixed with a detail pen that we got them to drop the price a little and we plan on taking it to a true body shop to clean up so don't get hung up on it. Things happen. You'll probably scratch it somewhere between now and six years from now.

Other than that, don't settle. If reliability is the #1 requirement and you feel that the Mazda trumps BMW in that regard, then get the Mazda. But if you will miss everything else the BMW has to offer, you will regret that Mazda everyday. Life is too short. Get what you want.

Edit: If you can, ask the dealer if they have any brasshat 4 series available. That's what my 340i and my wife's X3 were. Basically these are rentals for executives that aren't titled, so are treated as brand new per BMW's new car policies (three year maintenance plan and pricing for new cars, for example) but are priced and treated like CPO Elite vehicles. It may bump your price up a little, but I think getting into a 2017 vs a 2014 is a good trade, as reliability was high up on my list and paying a premium for three years maintenance and having a car in warranty for four years vs one year was a big factor for me.
Appreciate 0