F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > A few pics as per request...
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #23
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 561
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
You guys do know that BMW has put exterior ///M-badges on M-sport cars in the past, right?
Yes, and they also don't do it anymore for a reason. If every BMW out there had an M badge, what's the point of actually having an M?
Tsuyoi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #24
Rossifumi
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Rossifumi's Avatar
 
Drives: Some BMW
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sweden

Posts: 1,650
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
Yes, and they also don't do it anymore for a reason. If every BMW out there had an M badge, what's the point of actually having an M?
Yes, but for what reason?
I don't think anyone here really know why they don't do it anymore, but people love to assume a lot.

I for one can't really understand why people show so much hate on these badges. I wouldn't put one on my car, but it is not like it is hurting someone if the OP has one. The ones owning an M ain't going to cry themselves to sleep because of this.

Considering the amount of ///M-badges BMW put on their "M Performance" products I don't think they are too afraid of watering out the M-brand. Nowadays it is more like Audi's S-Line.

It's not like he put a M3-badge on the trunk. Lighten up folks!
Rossifumi is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #25
rich1068
has left the building
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK

Posts: 3,363
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
You guys do know that BMW has put exterior ///M-badges on M-sport cars in the past, right?
Yes we do. And they did it. Which is acceptable. However,....


Last edited by rich1068; 01-14-2013 at 03:51 PM.
rich1068 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #26
Rossifumi
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Rossifumi's Avatar
 
Drives: Some BMW
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sweden

Posts: 1,650
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
Yes we do. And they did it. Which is acceptable. However,....

Ah, sorry. Didn't know that you guys decided what is and what is not accepted.
Rossifumi is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #27
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 561
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
Ah, sorry. Didn't know that you guys decided what is and what is not accepted.
As the consumers, we DO decide what is and what is not accepted. BMW designs their cars to satisfy the consumers. It's called business sense.

From the amount of defensiveness you've dumped on this post, I highly suspect you have an M badge on your car
Tsuyoi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #28
anelson524
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
Why so defensive? You must have a M badge too on your trunk

I think the ridicule over such a small feature on a car is childish. It's an M-Sport, M-Sport being given its name I would guess to make the car LOOK LIKE the M-series vehicles. I would agree with everyone if he was making his car look like something it is not, but I dont see an M3 badge on there anywhere. I would think anyone with an M-Sport package is a poser if just a simple M badge is thought of the same way. I already have people who asking me if my car is an M3 as is.

Debadging an M-Sport of its 328i or 335i logo could easily be seen as the same thing. My car looks like an M3 but it clearly says 335i or 328i, so if I take that away then the non enthusiast will think I have a cooler car.

And ironically I do have an M on my trunk but I guess mine is more acceptable for some odd reason?
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=789384
anelson524 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #29
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 561
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelson524 View Post
I think the ridicule over such a small feature on a car is childish. It's an M-Sport, M-Sport being given its name I would guess to make the car LOOK LIKE the M-series vehicles. I would agree with everyone if he was making his car look like something it is not, but I dont see an M3 badge on there anywhere. I would think anyone with an M-Sport package is a poser if just a simple M badge is thought of the same way. I already have people who asking me if my car is an M3 as is.

Debadging an M-Sport of its 328i or 335i logo could easily be seen as the same thing. My car looks like an M3 but it clearly says 335i or 328i, so if I take that away then the non enthusiast will think I have a cooler car.

And ironically I do have an M on my trunk but I guess mine is more acceptable for some odd reason?
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=789384
Looking on your trunk, not seeing an M?
Tsuyoi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #30
anelson524
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
License plate frame.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
Looking on your trunk, not seeing an M?
anelson524 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #31
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 561
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelson524 View Post
License plate frame.
like I said in previous quote, I only have problem when the badge is where one would expect a car identifier badge, aka on grill, on trunk lid, side of car. I have nothing against liking M cars, having M parts, hell put M performance decal on it. But once you put the official M badge were make/model information is supposed to be, you're claiming your car as an M.
Tsuyoi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #32
live4wknds
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: So Cal

Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude196 View Post
its your car, do what YOU want!
i like the performance grilles, nice contrast between that and the red paint
+1
Black on red always looks nice. And absolutely leave the badge, if it pleases you! I agree with another post that suggested it might have looked better next to the 335.
live4wknds is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #33
anelson524
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
like I said in previous quote, I only have problem when the badge is where one would expect a car identifier badge, aka on grill, on trunk lid, side of car. I have nothing against liking M cars, having M parts, hell put M performance decal on it. But once you put the official M badge were make/model information is supposed to be, you're claiming your car as an M.
But I think your referring to those who remove any claim of what the car really is and replace it with an M, such as debadging and adding an M badge. That in fact could be a more blatant claim than any. Everyone is flaming him as if he were blatantly claiming his car is an M, even though an M by itself is in fact not a car. The M3, M5 and M6 are cars but I get your point.

I don't think he could have placed the badge in a more tasteful manner than where he did. We all know the M identifier is only followed by the model line, is on the passenger side of the trunk, it's not on the grille which doesnt exist anyway. So everyones claim to him posing couldn't be further from the truth. It's not like he created his own ///M 335i by placing the badge directly to the left of the model.

Not to mention everyone believes the 335i to be under marketed by the fact it is not differentiated enough from the 328i. I for one would love to have some sort of identification to my 335i to hold it to a higher standard of a sports car and less of a A4/C300 competitor because it's not even in the same class.And as many have said, if BMW had put the badge there this argument would not exist but in fact most 335i owners believe the car deserves something more of a sport identity.

I think the M badge WITH the Model Line on the trunk as well makes no claim to being something that it is not.
anelson524 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #34
anelson524
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
For some reason such a beautiful car moved because of a 2" badge.

The car looks amazing! I'm sure an enthusiast as yourself posted the pictures of his car with the community to share it with everyone, not get ridiculed by haters because of a tiny badge that doesn't do anything.

Keep us updated with mods to come!
anelson524 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #35
RobUK
Major
 
RobUK's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i Lux' 8SAT, Red
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sussex, UK

Posts: 1,100
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Great looking car - personally I love the Melbourne Red (as you can tell)

While personally I wouldn't put an ///M badge on the rear (it's a bit like sticking an RS badge on an S Line Audi), everyone is free to do what they want
__________________

2012 F30 328i Lux', 8SAT, Melbourne Red
RobUK is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #36
CHCCubs
Lieutenant Colonel
 
CHCCubs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Posts: 1,745
iTrader: (0)

Looks great.
__________________

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
CHCCubs is offline   Latvia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #37
The Economist
Private
 
Drives: 2013 335i "M-Sport" MPPK MPE
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 72
iTrader: (0)

Badging, badging... that's so blase, so distasteful. Do what I did, Sir, and debadge your car. Not because you are better, and not because you are worse - because it doesn't matter, and the only true beauty is in unblemished forms of simplicity.
The Economist is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #38
The X Men
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MA

Posts: 1,961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Economist View Post
Badging, badging... that's so blase, so distasteful. Do what I did, Sir, and debadge your car. Not because you are better, and not because you are worse - because it doesn't matter, and the only true beauty is in unblemished forms of simplicity.
I think you should remove the BMW badge as well.
The X Men is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #39
rayusaFL
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 F30 335i (Alpine White)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 198
iTrader: (0)

Do YOU like the M badge on it? If you do, then keep it! It's that simple!!!

Ps: BEAUTIFUL car by the way!!!
rayusaFL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #40
The Economist
Private
 
Drives: 2013 335i "M-Sport" MPPK MPE
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 72
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
I think you should remove the BMW badge as well.
You must have an IQ of at least 160 to propose such a good idea; we are all lucky to have a thinker of such significance and consequence in our midst! Just kidding; we're all passionate enthusiasts here .

But, if you remove it - front and back - you are left with an indentation and an obvious void. So, you would have destroyed the concept of cleanliness and order by doing so - you lose the whole idea of balance (it just doesn't look right). I see where you're going and you've made your point, but your point is full of fail. Sorry about it.
The Economist is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #41
Rossifumi
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Rossifumi's Avatar
 
Drives: Some BMW
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sweden

Posts: 1,650
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
As the consumers, we DO decide what is and what is not accepted. BMW designs their cars to satisfy the consumers. It's called business sense.

From the amount of defensiveness you've dumped on this post, I highly suspect you have an M badge on your car
Wow, what a smart conclusion in the end. Are you a rocket scientist?
No wait, my bad. My car is de-badged completely. But just because I don't want something on my car doesn't (in my opinion) allow me to bash others. Fine people can have opinions about styling, but the comments here is like he broke the law.

And to say that you and some others here truly believe you have the right to say what is and what is not acceptable is just laughable.

No point in debating this anymore. Over and out!
Rossifumi is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #42
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 561
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
Wow, what a smart conclusion in the end. Are you a rocket scientist?
No wait, my bad. My car is de-badged completely. But just because I don't want something on my car doesn't (in my opinion) allow me to bash others. Fine people can have opinions about styling, but the comments here is like he broke the law.

And to say that you and some others here truly believe you have the right to say what is and what is not acceptable is just laughable.

No point in debating this anymore. Over and out!
OP asked for our opinion. We gave it. You decided to butt in, make some nonsensical points, and now you're out. Shrug.
Tsuyoi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #43
nikneo
Private First Class
 
Drives: F30 328i Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

I personally find even the fact that there's an "M-sport" line hilarious. But as already pointed out, its your car so irrespective of what other people think, do as you please with it
nikneo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2013, 01:39 AM   #44
DECITRE
Private
 
DECITRE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW F30 318D M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: France

Posts: 85
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Wink

Your car is simply beautiful... with or without this M badge.
I don't see the problem with this badge ? It is written M and not M3 as it is written on the rims, the steering wheel... I support your choice since... I have the same badge on my car !!!
And I do not want people to believe that this is a M3 !!!
__________________

2013 BMW F30 318D /// M Sport Alpinweiss
2010 BMW E81 116D Excellis Titansilber
2010 BMW E87 118D Excellis Titansilber
DECITRE is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST