F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Personalized License Plate Ideas
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-31-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
TheObviousChild
First Lieutenant
TheObviousChild's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
363
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335xi - M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Broomfield, CO

iTrader: (0)

Personalized License Plate Ideas

Hey guys,

So I should be taking delivery at the end of November and I'm thinking about custom plates for my 335 M-Sport in EB2.

I definitely don't want anything obnoxious like "CUL8TR" or "NICETRY". I want something that indicates Bimmer enthusiasm without being offensive. I have 7 characters to use.

Any ideas?

BIMMER
F30 335
Someone else has a pic with "MSPORT"...pretty cool.

Thanks

__________________
2013 BMW 335xi EBII over Coral Red / ///M sport / Premium / Cold Weather / 6MT / Nav / Dynamic Handling / HK audio
Previous: 2010 328i / MT
Previous: 2007 328i / AT (boo)
Previous: 2004 325i / MT
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
mark.L
Lieutenant
mark.L's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
455
Posts

 
Drives: '13 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObviousChild View Post
Hey guys,

So I should be taking delivery at the end of November and I'm thinking about custom plates for my 335 M-Sport in EB2.

I definitely don't want anything obnoxious like "CUL8TR" or "NICETRY". I want something that indicates Bimmer enthusiasm without being offensive. I have 7 characters to use.

Any ideas?

BIMMER
F30 335
Someone else has a pic with "MSPORT"...pretty cool.

Thanks

F30 335. Would look more awesome with de-badged.
__________________
335i ///M-Sport Mineral Gray | Black-kidney Grilles | Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
rjc32000
First Lieutenant
rjc32000's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
335
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M Sport X Drive
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

AUDIH8R

or

IH8AUDI

I considered a vanity plate for my M Sport, but as my girlfriend observed: "You are already driving a car that makes you look like a complete a**hole to 95% of the world; do you really need to convince the other 5% with a vanity plate?"
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
rjc32000
First Lieutenant
rjc32000's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
335
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M Sport X Drive
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

So debadge and then put make/model on license plate?

How about: YOBBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.L View Post
F30 335. Would look more awesome with de-badged.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
justinnum1
Brigadier General
63
Rep
4,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc32000 View Post
AUDIH8R

or

IH8AUDI

I considered a vanity plate for my M Sport, but as my girlfriend observed: "You are already driving a car that makes you look like a complete a**hole to 95% of the world; do you really need to convince the other 5% with a vanity plate?"
lol
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #6
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
18
Rep
578
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
How about "F30 N55" which will just look like a normal plate to most people.
__________________
2014 M235i | July 2nd Euro Delivery | Manual | Estoril Blue / Terra | Tech, Premium, HK Audio, & Driver Assist | M Performance Exhaust, Stainless Steel Pedals, Black Kidney Grilles

Euro Delivery Trip Report
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 05:58 PM   #7
rjc32000
First Lieutenant
rjc32000's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
335
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M Sport X Drive
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

BIGCHAV?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 07:54 PM   #8
boltjames
Banned
6
Rep
533
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObviousChild View Post
Hey guys,

So I should be taking delivery at the end of November and I'm thinking about custom plates for my 335 M-Sport in EB2.

I definitely don't want anything obnoxious like "CUL8TR" or "NICETRY". I want something that indicates Bimmer enthusiasm without being offensive. I have 7 characters to use.

Any ideas?

BIMMER
F30 335
Someone else has a pic with "MSPORT"...pretty cool.

Thanks


BJ
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 08:12 PM   #9
AZ330FZL
First Lieutenant
United_States
10
Rep
307
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan Sport Line
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc32000
AUDIH8R

or

IH8AUDI

I considered a vanity plate for my M Sport, but as my girlfriend observed: "You are already driving a car that makes you look like a complete a**hole to 95% of the world; do you really need to convince the other 5% with a vanity plate?"
hahahahahaha! love it!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 09:10 PM   #10
TheObviousChild
First Lieutenant
TheObviousChild's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
363
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335xi - M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Broomfield, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc32000 View Post
AUDIH8R

or

IH8AUDI

I considered a vanity plate for my M Sport, but as my girlfriend observed: "You are already driving a car that makes you look like a complete a**hole to 95% of the world; do you really need to convince the other 5% with a vanity plate?"

Everything you said in your post is awesome (and true). Thank you.
__________________
2013 BMW 335xi EBII over Coral Red / ///M sport / Premium / Cold Weather / 6MT / Nav / Dynamic Handling / HK audio
Previous: 2010 328i / MT
Previous: 2007 328i / AT (boo)
Previous: 2004 325i / MT
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 09:13 PM   #11
TheObviousChild
First Lieutenant
TheObviousChild's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
363
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335xi - M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Broomfield, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdither View Post
How about "F30 N55" which will just look like a normal plate to most people.

Winner!
__________________
2013 BMW 335xi EBII over Coral Red / ///M sport / Premium / Cold Weather / 6MT / Nav / Dynamic Handling / HK audio
Previous: 2010 328i / MT
Previous: 2007 328i / AT (boo)
Previous: 2004 325i / MT
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #12
DerekS
Captain
DerekS's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
912
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M Sport GS
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver,B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc32000 View Post

I considered a vanity plate for my M Sport, but as my girlfriend observed: "You are already driving a car that makes you look like a complete a**hole to 95% of the world; do you really need to convince the other 5% with a vanity plate?"
Your girlfriend should spend some time in Vancouver where 3 Series are very popular. But I must admit that I have not yet seen any F30 M Sports on the road.
__________________
2013-335i M Sport, 8 spd, Glacier silver, adaptive M suspension, variable sport steering, 18" style 400 staggered wheels/tires, M Sport brakes,
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #13
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
18
Rep
578
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObviousChild View Post
Winner!
What did I win?!
__________________
2014 M235i | July 2nd Euro Delivery | Manual | Estoril Blue / Terra | Tech, Premium, HK Audio, & Driver Assist | M Performance Exhaust, Stainless Steel Pedals, Black Kidney Grilles

Euro Delivery Trip Report
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 10:32 PM   #14
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
18
Rep
578
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Look what you made me go and do...
Attached Images
 
__________________
2014 M235i | July 2nd Euro Delivery | Manual | Estoril Blue / Terra | Tech, Premium, HK Audio, & Driver Assist | M Performance Exhaust, Stainless Steel Pedals, Black Kidney Grilles

Euro Delivery Trip Report
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 10:41 PM   #15
DarkTrigger
Professional
DarkTrigger's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
977
Posts

 
Drives: 335i MPPK
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LB, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdither View Post
Look what you made me go and do...
Go around and show everyone your custom license plate and they'll all be asking the same thing. "What does it mean?"

Can't blame them.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 10:55 PM   #16
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
18
Rep
578
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTrigger View Post
Go around and show everyone your custom license plate and they'll all be asking the same thing. "What does it mean?"

Can't blame them.
I wouldn't tell anyone it's custom. Just one of the special designs with random numbers. Other BMW fans will know what it means.
__________________
2014 M235i | July 2nd Euro Delivery | Manual | Estoril Blue / Terra | Tech, Premium, HK Audio, & Driver Assist | M Performance Exhaust, Stainless Steel Pedals, Black Kidney Grilles

Euro Delivery Trip Report

Last edited by webdither; 10-31-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #17
duyh
Team Blop
duyh's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
601
Posts

 
Drives: X5M & 13 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Blop HQ, WA

iTrader: (1)

2SOONJR or THECHIV or MINDGAP lol i'd do it
__________________
| Vorsteiner GTS-V CF Front Lip | Arkym Aerosport CF Diffuser | PF CF Side Skirts | VRS System 1 CF Diffuser| M Perf CF Rear Spoiler | M Perf Gloss Black Grills | IND Gloss Black Hood Vents | IND Gloss Black M3 Badge | IND Gloss Black Side Gills | IND Painted Reflectors | AIB V 4.5 | KW V3 | TE37SL Black Edition | MS Stud Conv | Project Kics Ti Lugs | MS Test Pipes | Meisterschaft SUS Super GT Exhaust | AA Gen 2 Level 3 S/C |
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 11:30 PM   #18
AndDown
Just Copacetic!
United_States
1
Rep
141
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i AlpinWeiss
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Redlands, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc32000 View Post

I considered a vanity plate for my M Sport, but as my girlfriend observed: "You are already driving a car that makes you look like a complete a**hole to 95% of the world; do you really need to convince the other 5% with a vanity plate?"
You go girl!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 11:46 PM   #19
DerekS
Captain
DerekS's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
912
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M Sport GS
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver,B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdither View Post
Look what you made me go and do...
Very cool !!!
__________________
2013-335i M Sport, 8 spd, Glacier silver, adaptive M suspension, variable sport steering, 18" style 400 staggered wheels/tires, M Sport brakes,
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #20
DarkTrigger
Professional
DarkTrigger's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
977
Posts

 
Drives: 335i MPPK
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LB, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

I was also thinking of a custom license plate but all the cool ones are for M3's (i.e. XCUSE M3, GETSOM3, LOLAMG, & TKT4M3). Since it's an M-Sport you may be able to use WEAPON M.

Some I just made up now for fun: HD M335I, PLZ BRKE, THE STIG, H8TR AID, W8 FOR IT, BMW NERD, TWISTEZ, BLU FIRE, RWD FTFW, BMW SKIES, BIMR FUN, THREE ER, BIMMER3, STR8 SIX.

Since I got MSport EBII, I was going to go totally nerd, and get TMNT LEO. I wanted SMURF IT, but every freaking variation is taken in Cali!?!?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #21
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
18
Rep
578
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
Very cool !!!
Thanks, I was going to order the black plate with a random assigned number anyway and like others have mentioned I also think vanity plates are a little douchey. At least 99% won't know it's a custom plate!
__________________
2014 M235i | July 2nd Euro Delivery | Manual | Estoril Blue / Terra | Tech, Premium, HK Audio, & Driver Assist | M Performance Exhaust, Stainless Steel Pedals, Black Kidney Grilles

Euro Delivery Trip Report
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #22
rjc32000
First Lieutenant
rjc32000's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
335
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M Sport X Drive
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc32000 View Post

I considered a vanity plate for my M Sport, but as my girlfriend observed: "You are already driving a car that makes you look like a complete a**hole to 95% of the world; do you really need to convince the other 5% with a vanity plate?"
Your girlfriend should spend some time in Vancouver where 3 Series are very popular. But I must admit that I have not yet seen any F30 M Sports on the road.
It isn't just 3 series that seem popular in Vancouver; I saw more nice cars there this summer than I've ever seen in a major N. American metropolis: Ferraris, Lambos, high end Mercedes, bentleys, Porsches and BMWs galore! My girlfriend and I would play a game while we ate lunch where we'd each get to pick one and only one car that passed through the stoplight we looked out on as our "dream car." Jump too early on a RS Audi and you'd miss a 458 Italia. Hold out too long and you'd get stuck with an Older Acura. Person who wound up with worst car paid for lunch. That place must be a car lover's paradise!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST