F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Real World Driving Clip F30 328i BMW Performance Exhaust
TAG Motorsports
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
chugster
B0$$
 
chugster's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AW 328i Sport/Coral Red
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MD/VA

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Real World Driving Clip F30 328i BMW Performance Exhaust

Check it out!

Uploaded a couple of exhaust vids for my friends new M3 as well

chugster is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
Tigermow
Enlisted Member
 
Tigermow's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i mSport/ POR 993
Join Date: May 2008
Location: HK

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the upload. Still thinking of whether to get the M performance exhaust though but tending towards a "yes".
Tigermow is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
kokopuffs405
Yup
 
kokopuffs405's Avatar
 
Drives: 14F10M5
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Maryland

Posts: 616
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigermow View Post
Thanks for the upload. Still thinking of whether to get the M performance exhaust though but tending towards a "yes".
Do it
__________________
Oh hello
kokopuffs405 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
 
ScarecrowBoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NEB

Posts: 887
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2012 BMW  [0.00]
Is it loud from inside? I'm afraid it will be too quiet.
__________________
13 Nissan 370z
08 Range Rover Sport SC
ScarecrowBoat is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
chugster
B0$$
 
chugster's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AW 328i Sport/Coral Red
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MD/VA

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

it's pretty quiet from the inside, but u can definitely hear the tone from the outside.
chugster is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #6
tiobueno
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i MT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delaware

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

Did you install it yourself? Easy to install ? Need any special tools?

Or Did dealer install ? How much?
tiobueno is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
chugster
B0$$
 
chugster's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AW 328i Sport/Coral Red
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MD/VA

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiobueno View Post
Did you install it yourself? Easy to install ? Need any special tools?

Or Did dealer install ? How much?
I had a BMW Tech that I know installed it for me. It seems pretty straight forward but u will need to cut the stock axleback to get it on. But don't worry, the M performance exhaust has metal connector coupler thing that hooks it up to the stock pipe.
chugster is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
BMWinGE
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Germany

Posts: 647
iTrader: (0)

nice vid. thanks for sharing. i'd like to hear more feedback from you on what you can hear inside.
BMWinGE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #9
chugster
B0$$
 
chugster's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AW 328i Sport/Coral Red
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MD/VA

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328inGE View Post
nice vid. thanks for sharing. i'd like to hear more feedback from you on what you can hear inside.
Thanks!

U can hear the exhaust tone during low rpms(1-3k) especially when u are driving through stop and go traffic. As the rpm goes up with the windows up, it starts to mellow out and not get as loud. With the windows down, it's not abnoxiously loud either. U can hear it, but its not annoyingly loud. Most importantly, there is no droning in the cabin. When downshifting, u can hear the burble/pop sound, which I think sound pretty cool.

I hope this review helps! Feel free to ask me anymore questions about the exhaust. BTW i'm still breaking in the exhaust, so it might get a little bit louder and deeper once it is fully broken in.
chugster is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 01:05 AM   #10
ks200906
Private
 
Drives: F30 328i MSport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chugster View Post
Thanks!

U can hear the exhaust tone during low rpms(1-3k) especially when u are driving through stop and go traffic. As the rpm goes up with the windows up, it starts to mellow out and not get as loud. With the windows down, it's not abnoxiously loud either. U can hear it, but its not annoyingly loud. Most importantly, there is no droning in the cabin. When downshifting, u can hear the burble/pop sound, which I think sound pretty cool.

I hope this review helps! Feel free to ask me anymore questions about the exhaust. BTW i'm still breaking in the exhaust, so it might get a little bit louder and deeper once it is fully broken in.
Sounds good! What's the size of the tips?

ks200906 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 06:28 AM   #11
chugster
B0$$
 
chugster's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AW 328i Sport/Coral Red
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MD/VA

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks200906 View Post
Sounds good! What's the size of the tips?

I think its 2x80mm.
chugster is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #12
ProfessorYing
New Member
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: hong kong

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

yeah...its cheaper than eisenmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigermow View Post
Thanks for the upload. Still thinking of whether to get the M performance exhaust though but tending towards a "yes".
ProfessorYing is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST