F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > F30 JB4 Stage2 Dyno Testing
MINHS Auto Care Center
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #89
tdizzle
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
18
Rep
1,792
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Memphis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
Yes I have the Challenge HFC DP running 93 octane pump fuel and yes I had the Stage 1 already.... So the craziest thing happened (totally coincedence and unrelated). I installed the upgrade last night and went to power on my personal laptop to connect to the JB and my Fing laptop would not boot up. It worked fine yesterday morning but when I needed it most, it wouldn't boot up. So I let it sit overnight and it still woudn't boot.

I dropped it off at a PC repair place this morning and I hope to have it back tonight where I'll be able to give you more info.

I don't know what Map I'm running. I posted on n54tech and asked what the default map is but I haven't received a response yet. All I know is that this is how the car should have come. No turbo lag, the throttle responsds immediately and it feels VERY fast. When I had stage 1, I could tell a difference in Sport Mode but not so much in Comfort mode. Now the car responds in every mode.

Nice. With that DP you should be running 20hp/30tq more than without, if not more, so that should help alot in the seat of your seat of the pants feel.

I think they posted a video on how to change modes in the sticky on the other forum. I wonder if you can move it to map 0 and count down to where you want it (map 2?). I'm thinking you've got around 400 tq to the wheels, that's gotta be nice!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #90
mikew2069
Major
mikew2069's Avatar
22
Rep
1,314
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
Nice. With that DP you should be running 20hp/30tq more than without, if not more, so that should help alot in the seat of your seat of the pants feel.

I think they posted a video on how to change modes in the sticky on the other forum. I wonder if you can move it to map 0 and count down to where you want it (map 2?). I'm thinking you've got around 400 tq to the wheels, that's gotta be nice!
Yea I saw that video but he has it connected to his laptop for verification. When I get in my car for the drive home, I'm going to try and change it to Map 2 via those instructions and see what happens.
__________________
2013 F30 335i ///M-Sport
Forgestar/Challenge/BMS JB4
Wagner/Evo Race/M-Performance
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #91
mikew2069
Major
mikew2069's Avatar
22
Rep
1,314
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

I talked to Terry and I'm in Map 1 right now. As of right now, you can only go from Map 0 to Map 1 w/ the stearing wheel controls... To get to Map 2, you have to use your laptop... Hopefully my laptop will be ready tonight...
__________________
2013 F30 335i ///M-Sport
Forgestar/Challenge/BMS JB4
Wagner/Evo Race/M-Performance
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #92
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
50
Rep
3,572
Posts

 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rochester Hills MI

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
I talked to Terry and I'm in Map 1 right now. As of right now, you can only go from Map 0 to Map 1 w/ the stearing wheel controls... To get to Map 2, you have to use your laptop... Hopefully my laptop will be ready tonight...
I assume my n20 will go through the same process to go to stage 2. A writeup for wiring would be awesome! I hate wiring.
__________________
'98 M Roadster S/C @11-16ps
'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt Aero+ Tuned
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #93
tdizzle
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
18
Rep
1,792
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Memphis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
I talked to Terry and I'm in Map 1 right now. As of right now, you can only go from Map 0 to Map 1 w/ the stearing wheel controls... To get to Map 2, you have to use your laptop... Hopefully my laptop will be ready tonight...
If that's the case, better buckle your seat belt!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #94
RollingLower42
Lieutenant
RollingLower42's Avatar
11
Rep
541
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335I
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
Yes I have the Challenge HFC DP running 93 octane pump fuel and yes I had the Stage 1 already.... So the craziest thing happened (totally coincedence and unrelated). I installed the upgrade last night and went to power on my personal laptop to connect to the JB and my Fing laptop would not boot up. It worked fine yesterday morning but when I needed it most, it wouldn't boot up. So I let it sit overnight and it still woudn't boot.

I dropped it off at a PC repair place this morning and I hope to have it back tonight where I'll be able to give you more info.

I don't know what Map I'm running. I posted on n54tech and asked what the default map is but I haven't received a response yet. All I know is that this is how the car should have come. No turbo lag, the throttle responsds immediately and it feels VERY fast. When I had stage 1, I could tell a difference in Sport Mode but not so much in Comfort mode. Now the car responds in every mode.

Good to know. I am going to find out if I fit all the requirements to be able to run stage 2 this weekend. I have the Challenge DP as well. Do you have CEL light on all the time out of curiosity? I hope I got the Solenoid thing so I can upgrade soon..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #95
TreDirtyFive
Captain
United_States
21
Rep
918
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingLower420 View Post
Good to know. I am going to find out if I fit all the requirements to be able to run stage 2 this weekend. I have the Challenge DP as well. Do you have CEL light on all the time out of curiosity? I hope I got the Solenoid thing so I can upgrade soon..
No worries for CEL /w DP on Stg 2...
__________________
335 F30 MSport: N55.Tech.NAV.+
135 DCT:N55.Prem.Sports.NAV.IPod
X-335 E92: Prem.Sports.NAV.IPod
Audi A3: Sports.Tech.NAV.sways.DP.K2 Coils.Flash.etc
X-67 Baracuda Fastback: DragGears.Sway.etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #96
mikew2069
Major
mikew2069's Avatar
22
Rep
1,314
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
I assume my n20 will go through the same process to go to stage 2. A writeup for wiring would be awesome! I hate wiring.
I feel the same - I hate wiring and anything electrical but this is one of those things that once its all in front of you, its easy as can be. I did take some videos but I haven't watched them back yet. I might make a short DIY on it after spring break

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
If that's the case, better buckle your seat belt!
Fa sho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingLower420 View Post
Good to know. I am going to find out if I fit all the requirements to be able to run stage 2 this weekend. I have the Challenge DP as well. Do you have CEL light on all the time out of curiosity? I hope I got the Solenoid thing so I can upgrade soon..
No CEL light
__________________
2013 F30 335i ///M-Sport
Forgestar/Challenge/BMS JB4
Wagner/Evo Race/M-Performance
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #97
J-boogey
Major
J-boogey's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,303
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335xi Msport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oceanside, New York

iTrader: (2)

I literally just ordered stage2.. can't wait! Been running stage 1 for about almost 2 months.. loving that as well!
__________________
2013 F30 335i xdrive | Estoril Blue | Black Dakota Leather | Aluminum Hexagon trim | M-Sport | Cold weather | DHP | Premium package | Tech package | Harmon Kardon | PDC | Rearview Cam | IND Painted reflectors | BMW performance grills | JB4 stage 2 | ER downpipe | BMS Intake | H&R sport springs
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #98
Mak135i
First Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
312
Posts

 
Drives: Z4 3.5is, 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

iTrader: (2)

I couldn't find stage 2 on their web site yet. Do you have to order it in "beta" form from the owner (Terry)?
__________________
Gone but not forgotten: 2008 BMW135i Vert
Gone but not forgotten: 2011 MB C63 AMG

Added: 335i, BSM/BLK, M-sport, Sp. Auto, Prem, Tech, HK, 19", lots of Plastidip, H&R Sport, 245/255 Ventus V12
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #99
tdizzle
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
18
Rep
1,792
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Memphis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak135i View Post
I couldn't find stage 2 on their web site yet. Do you have to order it in "beta" form from the owner (Terry)?
I believe it's still in beta phase and you have to email him directly to be part of the test.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #100
tdizzle
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
18
Rep
1,792
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Memphis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingLower420 View Post
Good to know. I am going to find out if I fit all the requirements to be able to run stage 2 this weekend. I have the Challenge DP as well. Do you have CEL light on all the time out of curiosity? I hope I got the Solenoid thing so I can upgrade soon..
Has anyone gone in for service/warranty work with a DP? I'm wondering how BMW will react to it. Someone had an issue with them wanting to void their warranty because they left the jb4 on or forgot to clear hidden codes.

I'm just thinking if it pops a CEL without the JB4 to clear it, they'll see that if you take the JB4 off. If you leave it on, it could be even worse since they'll see the JB4 if they take a gander.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 01:05 AM   #101
J-boogey
Major
J-boogey's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,303
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335xi Msport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oceanside, New York

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak135i View Post
I couldn't find stage 2 on their web site yet. Do you have to order it in "beta" form from the owner (Terry)?
i PMED mike, he took care of me
__________________
2013 F30 335i xdrive | Estoril Blue | Black Dakota Leather | Aluminum Hexagon trim | M-Sport | Cold weather | DHP | Premium package | Tech package | Harmon Kardon | PDC | Rearview Cam | IND Painted reflectors | BMW performance grills | JB4 stage 2 | ER downpipe | BMS Intake | H&R sport springs
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #102
mikew2069
Major
mikew2069's Avatar
22
Rep
1,314
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
Has anyone gone in for service/warranty work with a DP? I'm wondering how BMW will react to it. Someone had an issue with them wanting to void their warranty because they left the jb4 on or forgot to clear hidden codes.

I'm just thinking if it pops a CEL without the JB4 to clear it, they'll see that if you take the JB4 off. If you leave it on, it could be even worse since they'll see the JB4 if they take a gander.
Yes its still Beta so you have to email Terry. So far its still AMAZING. I just hooked my laptop up to it last night and changed to Map2. Can't wait to drive it today!

For the DP, basically your exhuast warranty is gone. Everything else is fine. If you roll in w/ the JB4 in complaining that your transmission is slipping, then yes you're f'd. Be sure to remove it before a major service.
__________________
2013 F30 335i ///M-Sport
Forgestar/Challenge/BMS JB4
Wagner/Evo Race/M-Performance
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #103
Bowser330
Captain
9
Rep
910
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Updates from tune owners!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #104
tdizzle
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
18
Rep
1,792
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Memphis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330 View Post
Updates from tune owners!
Tease!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #105
anelson524
First Lieutenant
13
Rep
372
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Placed my order yesterday for the stage 2, cant wait!

Last edited by anelson524; 03-13-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #106
NICKTENN
Private First Class
NICKTENN's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
161
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 F150 FX4 Crew Cab 5.0
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Memphis TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelson524
Placed my order yesterday for the stage 2 yesterday, cant wait!
When? Haha j/k
__________________
2012 335i Sport Line, Mineral Gray, Everest Gray, Aluminum/Black dash, Premium, Parking, Premium Sound, Technology, Sport Trans, Heated seat/steering. BMS Stage 1 tune.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #107
verbs
Lieutenant
10
Rep
539
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
If you roll in w/ the JB4 in complaining that your transmission is slipping, then yes you're f'd. Be sure to remove it before a major service.
Even then I thought our cars have the ability to track tuner codes/excess boost levels, etc; does the JB4 eliminate all of that?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 06:59 AM   #108
anelson524
First Lieutenant
13
Rep
372
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F30 335i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKTENN View Post
When? Haha j/k
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #109
mikew2069
Major
mikew2069's Avatar
22
Rep
1,314
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbs View Post
Even then I thought our cars have the ability to track tuner codes/excess boost levels, etc; does the JB4 eliminate all of that?
That's the claim b/c the modul send the stock boost level to the dme so the car never really knows
__________________
2013 F30 335i ///M-Sport
Forgestar/Challenge/BMS JB4
Wagner/Evo Race/M-Performance
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #110
verbs
Lieutenant
10
Rep
539
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
That's the claim b/c the modul send the stock boost level to the dme so the car never really knows
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST