F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Adaptive M Sport Suspension
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-09-2013, 06:24 AM   #23
derekh929
Captain
Scotland
14
Rep
795
Posts

 
Drives: F31 330d M Sport on Order
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
Later on today, I will have the opportunity of a back to back comparison drive of my cousin's 330d M Sport with Passive M Sport Suspension with mine which has Adaptive M Sport Suspension. He's specc'd his car with nearly everything except the Adaptive Suspension. Both cars will ride on 18" wheels. I'll post our reactions to the differences between the two. Should be interesting.
Look forward to an update
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #24
NISFAN
Brigadier General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
67
Rep
4,242
Posts

 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron1973 View Post
Glad i didnt bother with it then
Depends what you mean exactly. 330D M Sport comes with what is called Servotronic steering as standard. Then there is a variable sport steering option (VSS), which is an upgrade on Servotronic. Both of these have a sport option setting.

IMO, as a minimum Servotronic is a must have.....I drove a 318D Sport with no Servotronic and it was (steering feel wise) yuck So if you haven't upgraded to this........I would.

Not tried it but many say VSS is even better.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #25
NISFAN
Brigadier General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
67
Rep
4,242
Posts

 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
Look forward to an update
+1
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #26
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
84
Rep
5,338
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post

Not tried it but many say VSS is even better.
+1 IT is.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #27
NISFAN
Brigadier General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
67
Rep
4,242
Posts

 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
+1 IT is.
That's the problem with all the options these days....if you don't have a clued up guide, you miss out on what the options actually do in the real world.

For me (reading the sales lit) all VSS did was make it easier to park, and as parking is easier than falling off a log in any case, thought I wouldn't bother. I take it the steering feel even before the variable bit kicks in feels better somehow?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #28
derekh929
Captain
Scotland
14
Rep
795
Posts

 
Drives: F31 330d M Sport on Order
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
+1 IT is.
So does the VSS improve the wooden steering feel in sport that was spoken about above and driven one without it what do you see the value of as I like finger responsive feed back it would be a dream to have it like my e30 325i sport I had in 1988 it was a hout
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #29
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
84
Rep
5,338
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
That's the problem with all the options these days....if you don't have a clued up guide, you miss out on what the options actually do in the real world.

For me (reading the sales lit) all VSS did was make it easier to park, and as parking is easier than falling off a log in any case, thought I wouldn't bother. I take it the steering feel even before the variable bit kicks in feels better somehow?
Yes it does to me, and after driving various BMW NONE adaptive lately , getting back into my car was "heaven", it felt so much more communicative , as I said I drive in "Sport chassis/suspension" most of the time, leaving the box alone.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #30
NISFAN
Brigadier General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
67
Rep
4,242
Posts

 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
So does the VSS improve the wooden steering feel in sport that was spoken about above and driven one without it what do you see the value of as I like finger responsive feed back it would be a dream to have it like my e30 325i sport I had in 1988 it was a hout
Aaah, I loved my e30 325i, best car I have ever owned
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #31
derekh929
Captain
Scotland
14
Rep
795
Posts

 
Drives: F31 330d M Sport on Order
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Aaah, I loved my e30 325i, best car I have ever owned
Still miss mine the fun I had in that car was fantastic
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #32
HighlandPete
Brigadier General
56
Rep
4,678
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland, Highland Region

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Aaah, I loved my e30 325i, best car I have ever owned
We (in the company) had one of the first E30 323i cars in the country. Must say I loved driving it, only issue was the brake feel, not progressive, unusual for a BMW. Memories of driving it across Salisbury Plain, Southampton to Devizes.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #33
derekh929
Captain
Scotland
14
Rep
795
Posts

 
Drives: F31 330d M Sport on Order
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
We (in the company) had one of the first E30 323i cars in the country. Must say I loved driving it, only issue was the brake feel, not progressive, unusual for a BMW. Memories of driving it across Salisbury Plain, Southampton to Devizes.

HighlandPete
Aye brake fade and pedal feel terrible but tried not to so down much as to much fun
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST