F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > convince me to stick it out please
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #23
n55x3
Captain
 
Drives: n55 BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: us

Posts: 650
iTrader: (0)

I say stick it out if you got a good deal on the car. Keep in mind you signed the papers in 2012 and as such the price of a 335i was less than it is now, by $750 I think.

I am deep in the wait game right now. I signed on 1/2 and at that time my dealer told me they had no 335i RWD allocations and they would attempt to trade with a southern dealer (I'm in the midwest which sees mostly Xi allocations). So to some extent they level set my expectations that it would take a while. I waited till the first week of February and sent an email asking for a status. Got a very detailed email from the CA's manager saying he was constantly trying to trade but none of the dealers he has traded with in the past were willing to trade as the demand was so high on the 335i right now. He told me there was a possibility I'd get a March allocation but he was also going to escalate to the regional manager to see if he could help. I was a bit discouraged so that night I began looking to buy from a southern dealer who had a near term allocation. Then the next day I get a call from the CA saying congrats your 335i build has been accepted by BMWNA and production would start soon. I called the BMWNA 800# and was told my car should begin production very soon. Not sure why my CA couldn't tell me nor do I know why there was no movement at all until I sent an email. Coincidence? Ultimately the car went into production on 2/12. I;m happy that I was patient enough to get the exact car I wanted.

I did spend a good deal of time scanning cars.com for a similar car and was willing to fly one way to CA or Texas or whatever to buy off a lot. Thing is, out of the nearly 700 335i RWD cars listed almost none of them had the adaptive suspension. I was so close to talking myself out of that option but again, I'm glad I didn't compromise as I would have been very disappointed in the static m-sport suspension. Plus I was skeptical of getting one off a lot because I know those would have seen numerous redline drives during test drives which scares me too.
n55x3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #24
SamS
Brigadier General
 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,491
iTrader: (0)

Crazy to hear that 335i allocations are still in short supply. It's been like this for 4+ months now.
__________________
SamS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #25
335BBS
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 3,607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ny View Post
Thanks guys, my head tells me to just wait it out, but my ego tells me to tell them to go fuck off.
CA emails me friday telling me not to worry, its a problem at the factory, I ve told myself that if it doesnt get into production by february 26, then Ill cancel it.
I do feel like waiting it out, just so I can f them on the survey.
Just wait. Shit happens. You guys are unbelievable here. So what the car is late. Getting furious will probably help. Try going into the dealer and scream and yell. Cancel it ....they'll sell it this afternoon.
335BBS is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #26
335ny
Private First Class
 
335ny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LI

Posts: 194
iTrader: (1)

holy shit, you wont believe this. This morning I checked online and still was'nt in production, I get to work and call the 1800 number and the cars at the port of exit!
I repeated the order number three times, in case I gave the wrong one, I even spoke to a person and they confirmed that it indeed was at port.
They said their site was having major problems with the tracking.
Now I have to actually think about apologizing to the dealer for assuming they were lying.
Thanks guys and hopefully all of you who are waiting, get your cars soon.
now just got to wait for the boat.
__________________
2013 335i estoril blue//coral red interior//loaded
335ny is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #27
shivaswrath
Colonel
 
shivaswrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

Posts: 2,955
iTrader: (3)

lol, awkward...
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
shivaswrath is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #28
335BBS
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 3,607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ny View Post
holy shit, you wont believe this. This morning I checked online and still was'nt in production, I get to work and call the 1800 number and the cars at the port of exit!
I repeated the order number three times, in case I gave the wrong one, I even spoke to a person and they confirmed that it indeed was at port.
They said their site was having major problems with the tracking.
Now I have to actually think about apologizing to the dealer for assuming they were lying.
Thanks guys and hopefully all of you who are waiting, get your cars soon.
now just got to wait for the boat.
Glad to hear. a good reason to eliminate that tracking thing. So dealer wasnt lying afterall? Patience.
335BBS is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #29
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 561
iTrader: (0)

With how much these cars cost, you'd think their tracking system would be more accurate/up to date/modern. If I can track a $30 book from the UK all the way to my doorstep in real time, there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to at least have 1-2 day accurate information on my $50,000 car.
Tsuyoi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #30
kobechrome
Captain
 
kobechrome's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ashburn, VA

Posts: 700
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ny View Post
holy shit, you wont believe this. This morning I checked online and still was'nt in production, I get to work and call the 1800 number and the cars at the port of exit!
I repeated the order number three times, in case I gave the wrong one, I even spoke to a person and they confirmed that it indeed was at port.
They said their site was having major problems with the tracking.
Now I have to actually think about apologizing to the dealer for assuming they were lying.
Thanks guys and hopefully all of you who are waiting, get your cars soon.
now just got to wait for the boat.
Great news and congrats! Looks like your car will be here within weeks. Your CA is still clueless however. He could've easily called the same 800 number and found out where your car was. If was at the POE already that means it must've finished production less than a week ago most likely - theres no reason why your dealer should not have known that. The My BMW website is useless BTW, there often weeks behind. I don't even use it when tracking status.
__________________
kobechrome is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #31
BMWforLife
Second Lieutenant
 
BMWforLife's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i M Sport DCT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida

Posts: 221
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ny View Post
Thanks guys, my head tells me to just wait it out, but my ego tells me to tell them to go fuck off.
CA emails me friday telling me not to worry, its a problem at the factory, I ve told myself that if it doesnt get into production by february 26, then Ill cancel it.
I do feel like waiting it out, just so I can f them on the survey.
Your CA is full of it.

I orderd an alpine white 335i M sport on january 12th and it is going to be delivered to the dealer on feb 27th.

yeah, F them up on the survey then. Better yet, contact BMW NA now and make some noise.

Even though f30's are selling well, BMW still wants to sell more and more and avoid any bad mojo because one negative experience can influence 10 other people not to buy.
__________________
135i M Sport Silver/Coral Red, Premium, Cold Weather, DCT.

Will be adding the PPK/Exhaust someday!
BMWforLife is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #32
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Frogman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

Posts: 1,603
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 F30 328i  [4.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobechrome View Post
Great news and congrats! Looks like your car will be here within weeks. Your CA is still clueless however. He could've easily called the same 800 number and found out where your car was. If was at the POE already that means it must've finished production less than a week ago most likely - theres no reason why your dealer should not have known that. The My BMW website is useless BTW, there often weeks behind. I don't even use it when tracking status.
+1 on the My BMW tracking site.

I took delivery of my car at the end of May, 2012 and as of today the My BMW site still shows my car at step 4, finishing touches!
Frogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #33
JohnVidale
Seismoguy
 
JohnVidale's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328ix Mojave/Venetian
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Seattle

Posts: 180
iTrader: (0)

Tracking site worked perfectly for me, with my car coming from Germany.
JohnVidale is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #34
nick1212
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 335i Sport 6MT - Ordered
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto

Posts: 282
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55x3 View Post
I say stick it out if you got a good deal on the car. Keep in mind you signed the papers in 2012 and as such the price of a 335i was less than it is now, by $750 I think.

I am deep in the wait game right now. I signed on 1/2 and at that time my dealer told me they had no 335i RWD allocations and they would attempt to trade with a southern dealer (I'm in the midwest which sees mostly Xi allocations). So to some extent they level set my expectations that it would take a while. I waited till the first week of February and sent an email asking for a status. Got a very detailed email from the CA's manager saying he was constantly trying to trade but none of the dealers he has traded with in the past were willing to trade as the demand was so high on the 335i right now. He told me there was a possibility I'd get a March allocation but he was also going to escalate to the regional manager to see if he could help. I was a bit discouraged so that night I began looking to buy from a southern dealer who had a near term allocation. Then the next day I get a call from the CA saying congrats your 335i build has been accepted by BMWNA and production would start soon. I called the BMWNA 800# and was told my car should begin production very soon. Not sure why my CA couldn't tell me nor do I know why there was no movement at all until I sent an email. Coincidence? Ultimately the car went into production on 2/12. I;m happy that I was patient enough to get the exact car I wanted.

I did spend a good deal of time scanning cars.com for a similar car and was willing to fly one way to CA or Texas or whatever to buy off a lot. Thing is, out of the nearly 700 335i RWD cars listed almost none of them had the adaptive suspension. I was so close to talking myself out of that option but again, I'm glad I didn't compromise as I would have been very disappointed in the static m-sport suspension. Plus I was skeptical of getting one off a lot because I know those would have seen numerous redline drives during test drives which scares me too.
Hey Man, my car went into production the same day. Is yours being built in Germany? I know mine has finished production and is at port already as of today in the morning. Wonder if our cars are going to be on the same ship.
__________________
Current - 2013 335i Sport Line Sapphire Black 6MT with Premium Package, Extended BT, BMW Assist & Lane Departure Warning System, M Sport Suspension & VSS

Previous Car - 2006 325i 6MT
nick1212 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #35
n55x3
Captain
 
Drives: n55 BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: us

Posts: 650
iTrader: (0)

Sorry for the confusion, mine went into Production on 2/12 with an estimated completion of 2/21.

Man I wish mine was at the port already and was sharing a parking spot next to yours!!
n55x3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #36
cokeman
Enlisted Member
 
cokeman's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 2012 320i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Barrie On

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDown View Post
With higher demand for the 328's and gearing up for the 320's, it's likely that BMW is scaling back on the 335 production, hence the longer wait.
Do you mean the 320d because I've had my 320i for almost a year now.
cokeman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #37
mryakanisachoad
Lieutenant
 
mryakanisachoad's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 550xi + '09 M5 + '10 135i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Posts: 527
iTrader: (0)

Look at the brightside: if it were Audi, they'd be making you pay 5g's over msrp.
mryakanisachoad is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #38
3driver
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 328xi
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Pennsylvania

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Might be a 335 issue. Ordered my 335xi November 21 and I'm looking at March delivery. Dealer told me six to eight weeks. I didn't know he was only referring to the boat time.
If you order a SA build, do it four months before you actually need the vehicle.
__________________
E-46 2002 330xi
E-90 2009 328xi
F-30 2013 335xi on order
3driver is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST