F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Debadge M logo from performance steering wheel?
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #1
turbo63
New Member
5
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Debadge M logo from performance steering wheel?

I have a M performance wheel on my F30 328i and would like to debadge the M from it. Any options out there? Even replacing it with a simple BMW badge would be preferable.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 01:40 PM   #2
jh_f30
Private First Class
jh_f30's Avatar
90
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo63 View Post
I have a M performance wheel on my F30 328i and would like to debadge the M from it. Any options out there? Even replacing it with a simple BMW badge would be preferable.

Thanks
Pics? If it's on the trim piece, you could probably swap that piece out for one that doesn't have the logo.
__________________
2013 F30 335i RWD ZF Melbourne Red
~Remus Sport Axleback~VRSF Chargepipe~VRSF Catless Downpipe~HR Sport Springs~CF Rear Lip Spoiler~Active Autowerke OBD Flash Tune Stage 2~
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 01:46 PM   #3
IAmATeaf
Private First Class
52
Rep
196
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Why? I have the same badge and never even notice it when I get in and drive the car?
Appreciate 2
      04-21-2018, 10:56 PM   #4
Fuller
Second Lieutenant
133
Rep
268
Posts

Drives: F36 435i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Swap out the msport wheel for a standard one. It won't help to simply remove or cover the m, because the msport wheel has a distinctive look.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 01:29 AM   #5
BrettKA7
Second Lieutenant
187
Rep
280
Posts

Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Huntington Beach

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
Why? I have the same badge and never even notice it when I get in and drive the car?
Seems like a lot more trouble than it is worth!
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2018, 06:22 AM   #6
YuminNuman
Private First Class
YuminNuman's Avatar
94
Rep
184
Posts

Drives: 17 340ix 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

I've thought about digging it out with a pick tool .. it looks like it's just a little sticker thing. A heat gun and a pick. But then there'd be this little blank spot.

I don't like how they've watered down the M brand. I don't want any on the car. I got rid of the wheels, I will probably replace the shift knob. I'm stuck with the silver M door sill plates, which look cheap and kind of rice up the interior.

"Dude is this an M3??"
..... No it has the M option package or whatever
"Oh.."
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2018, 06:32 AM   #7
disintegrator66
Enlisted Member
15
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: '18 340i 6MT THP MPPSK
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo63 View Post
I have a M performance wheel on my F30 328i and would like to debadge the M from it. Any options out there? Even replacing it with a simple BMW badge would be preferable.

Thanks
If you purchased a F30 with the M Sport option why would anyone want to remove it?
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2018, 10:33 AM   #8
turbo63
New Member
5
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Yeah I just like the wheel not the badge. I know you can replace it with a new one, but I didn't know if a generic option was out there. It has two pins on the back of it.

I just think M badges should be on M cars, but no hate to those that disagree.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 11:03 AM   #9
Fuller
Second Lieutenant
133
Rep
268
Posts

Drives: F36 435i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo63 View Post
Yeah I just like the wheel not the badge. I know you can replace it with a new one, but I didn't know if a generic option was out there. It has two pins on the back of it.

I just think M badges should be on M cars, but no hate to those that disagree.
The steering wheel M is so small as to hardly be noticeable though. If it continues to strike you as cheesy though, maybe you can just cover it somehow. Perhaps some sort of black paint that closely matches the hue and gloss of the wheel?

Or how about something like the adhesive patches (linked).


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001WAK6G0...a-373750787689
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 11:24 AM   #10
IK6SPEED
Brigadier General
IK6SPEED's Avatar
United_States
1359
Rep
4,857
Posts

Drives: BMW M235i / AH3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo63 View Post
I have a M performance wheel on my F30 328i and would like to debadge the M from it. Any options out there? Even replacing it with a simple BMW badge would be preferable.

Thanks
I applaud you for not wanting to put stickers and logos all over your car of something it’s not.

It’s your car and just like others you can do whatever you want to it. However, in this case I seriously believe you are taking it to the extreme in the other direction with the obsession with the wheels and steering wheel.

That said, I do have an idea (not that I would do it) but need confirmation this is how your M Performance wheel looks with the //M logo?

Can you take one of the wheel //M stickers you removed and see is it the same size as the insert on your wheel trim?

For reference and dimensions:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302302408115
Attached Images
 
__________________
Stable: F22 M235I / AH3
Past: F80 ZCP /E89 35is

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 04-22-2018 at 11:34 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 11:41 AM   #11
IAmATeaf
Private First Class
52
Rep
196
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuminNuman View Post
I've thought about digging it out with a pick tool .. it looks like it's just a little sticker thing. A heat gun and a pick. But then there'd be this little blank spot.

I don't like how they've watered down the M brand. I don't want any on the car. I got rid of the wheels, I will probably replace the shift knob. I'm stuck with the silver M door sill plates, which look cheap and kind of rice up the interior.

"Dude is this an M3??"
..... No it has the M option package or whatever
"Oh.."
To be honest any person I know who knows their cars knows itís not an M car and the people I know that donít know their cars really donít know their cars and donít care so have never asked.
Appreciate 4
sygazelle1180.00
Fuller133.00

      04-22-2018, 12:28 PM   #12
Kafkaesque328
Major
Kafkaesque328's Avatar
United_States
369
Rep
1,186
Posts

Drives: 2016 328i M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: El A

iTrader: (0)

sorry but I gotta ask... WHY?
__________________
2016 Black Sapphire 328i | M Sport Pkg. | JB+ | Premium Pkg. | Heated Seats | Driver Assist Pkg. | Navigation | Misc. Coding | 35% Ceramic Tint

Past: 2014 Black 320i | Sport Pkg | BMS Stage 1
Appreciate 4
      04-22-2018, 01:37 PM   #13
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
Blubaron79's Avatar
United_States
801
Rep
3,988
Posts

Drives: '18 340 XDrive
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

__________________
'18 340 xDrive: Glacier Silver, MSport, 19's, every option (except ACC and DAP), MPPSK, black grille, splitter, side sills, CF Spoiler, clear bra.
Previous: '15 335 F30 xDrive; '14 435 F32 xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 02:07 PM   #14
SoCal_NSX
Lieutenant
SoCal_NSX's Avatar
475
Rep
452
Posts

Drives: NSX/428/is250/Explorer
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Temecula, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
To be honest any person I know who knows their cars knows itís not an M car and the people I know that donít know their cars really donít know their cars and donít care so have never asked.
Exactly......

Next time buy a sportline so you don't confuse your friends or buy an M and impress them
Appreciate 3
BrettKA7186.50
Wires239.00

      04-22-2018, 02:27 PM   #15
Nebelhinten
Private
34
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2018 Tanzanite 340i MPPSK
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

Pop out, flip, W Sport wheel, problem solved.
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2018, 02:40 PM   #16
turbo63
New Member
5
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Wow didn't know it was gonna be such a big deal. It's not to me. It is a small logo. Just wondering if it was possible/easy. This is the wheel. Thanks for all the feedback however.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M-Tech-Sp...7ec0%7Ciid%3A1
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 05:19 PM   #17
IK6SPEED
Brigadier General
IK6SPEED's Avatar
United_States
1359
Rep
4,857
Posts

Drives: BMW M235i / AH3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo63 View Post
Wow didn't know it was gonna be such a big deal. It's not to me. It is a small logo. Just wondering if it was possible/easy. This is the wheel. Thanks for all the feedback however.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M-Tech-Sp...7ec0%7Ciid%3A1
That’s a MSport Steering wheel. Not a MPerformance Steering Wheel.

Did you compare the size of the tire stickers to the part you have as I asked above?
__________________
Stable: F22 M235I / AH3
Past: F80 ZCP /E89 35is
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 05:30 PM   #18
HighlandPete
Major General
2421
Rep
9,594
Posts

Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland, Highland Region

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo63 View Post
I just think M badges should be on M cars, but no hate to those that disagree.
The badge you are referring to has been used on M-Sport and M-Tech steering wheels for over 20-years. First time I've ever read someone wanting it removed.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 05:31 PM   #19
turbo63
New Member
5
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
The badge you are referring to has been used on M-Sport and M-Tech steering wheels for over 20-years. First time I've ever read someone wanting it removed.
Sweet. I love being first.
Appreciate 2
      04-22-2018, 05:36 PM   #20
HighlandPete
Major General
2421
Rep
9,594
Posts

Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland, Highland Region

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo63 View Post
Sweet. I love being first.
First or different? How about adding a unique feature, like your initials engraved on a precious metal.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 05:50 PM   #21
turbo63
New Member
5
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
First or different? How about adding a unique feature, like your initials engraved on a precious metal.
Oh I already had hood and trunk bages custom made with my initials.......
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 05:50 PM   #22
BrettKA7
Second Lieutenant
187
Rep
280
Posts

Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Huntington Beach

iTrader: (0)

What are your thoughts on plastidipping it to match the matte finish of the rest of the trim around the logo?

That way it won't affect resale value with a permanent mod.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST